• Published 10th Jul 2012
  • 1,500 Views, 54 Comments

Life in the fast clouds - mageli7



Rainbow Dash has been recruited into the Wonderbolts, but will she fly high or crash and burn?

  • ...
2
 54
 1,500

Healing

Scootaloo got up out of the hospital bed and walked towards the bathroom. She had been getting better of the past two weeks. She turned on the faucet and splashed some water in her face. One thing was still bugging her, her parents.

Scootaloo had never had a good household situation, her mother was abusive and her father was an alcoholic. When her mother wasn't hitting her, her father was yelling at her. Even terrible parents should worry about their children, but had her parents checked up on her once? No. When she had told them she was going to Canterlot the first thing her father had said was "I'm not paying.", could they really be that insensitive? Yet Scootaloo had gotten used to it, hiding her parents. Miss Cheerilee would ask about bruises, the reply was always a flying accident. And even though it wasn't official Rainbow Dash had basically adopted Scootaloo. Six out of seven days Scootaloo was staying at Rainbow's house, the guest room was now her room, filled with pictures of her and Rainbow or Wonderbolt posters.

It was an odd life, but it was her life. Scootaloo was starting to get used to it. She had stood up to her mother once, only to be locked outside the house in the cold. It wasn't fair, everypony else had nice parents, how come she didn't? Both her friends had parents, even if they didn't live in the same town. They got letters saying about how much their parents loved them and missed them, even Rainbow had parents who visited every so often.

Scootaloo dried her face and walked back to bed, picking up a Daring Do novel. At least the hospital had books. Scootaloo stared at some flowers on her bedside table from the elements of harmony, each of them had written a note to her. Scootaloo thought about the flowers. They bloomed perfectly, they weren't fast or slow they were perfect. "If only I could be like that." She thought. She picked up the flowers sniffing them, they even smelled perfect. Scootaloo picked up one single flower, and tore off a petal letting it fall gracefully. The falling petal reminded her of the race. Scootaloo's breath quickened thinking about it. She threw the flowers across the room eyes wide. Her breath had increased rapidly and now she was panting. A small whimper came from her mouth, she began to wail. Tears rolled down her face, and she thrashed around on her bed screaming.

The nurse rushed in nearly breaking the door, her eyes focused on the screaming filly. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, it happened to some when they would go through such a bad accident. It twisted the world, bending it, making it scarier than it already was.

Scootaloo screamed as the walls around became clouds, the floor turned into a high altitude and all below was trees.

The nurse called for a doctor, by now the whole hospital had been alerted of the episode. The doctor rushed in with a needle filling it with sleeping serum, he tried to get it into the filly.

Scootaloo screamed as the needle neared close, "GET IT AWAY!" She cried squirming as the doctor tried to inject her. Thunder sounded making Scootaloo shudder. "STOP THE NOISE, STOP THE THUNDER!" She sobbed, as she jumped off the bed only to fall into the trees.

The doctor looked at the filly writhing in pain on the floor, "Shhhh shhhh shhhh," he said getting the nurse to keep her still, "Its all gonna go away." The doctor shoved the needle into Scootaloo's arm and injected it into her.

Scootaloo cried as the needle went into her skin. Then all became black.


------------------------------

"Dash!" Soarin' called from the phone, "Its Scootaloo she's had an episode."

Rainbow Dash got up and rushed towards the phone, she was in the Wonderbolt HQ and Spitfire was talking to her about practice times.

"Yes?" Rainbow Dash asked panic in her voice, "This is Rainbow Dash."

"Ok," The doctor said on the other end, "Miss Scootaloo seems to have PTSD or in other words Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. It happens when somepony goes through a bad accident, we need you over here right now."

"Ok, I'll be there soon." Dash said hanging up the phone. She turned to Spitfire, "Look I hav-"

"Say no more," Spitfire interrupted, "it's fine, just go."

Dash rushed out of the building and to the hospital. Why did this have to happen to the innocent Scootaloo? It wasn't fair, nothing in this world was fair, people were out falling in love, happy and nice, while Scootaloo was stuck in a hospital dreaming of the day she nearly died.

Rainbow walked into the hospital and ran to Scootaloo's room, the room she knew by heart. Rainbow was not ready for what greeted her.

Scootaloo laid on the hospital bed, strapped to it while hooked up to machines.

"I'm sorry about having to bind her," The doctor said, "we needed to keep her down unless she woke up and this happened again."

Dash walked over to where Scootaloo laid, "It's ok squirt," She said tears rolling down her face, "I'm here now."

"Miss Dash," The doctor said, "It seems her condition is worse than we thought, she has healed well, but her mental state is terrible, its hurting her. She's reliving the day she got hurt, and every time she does it gets worse. We need a way to get her mind off of it, I think her getting out of the hospital would be beneficial."

"Out of the hospital?" Dash echoed back, "That could work, she hasn't seen anypony in a while, it may be getting to her."

"I will leave you to think about it, but I highly suggest you pick a place not filled with bad memories of the incident." The doctor replied walking out of the room.

"I said I'd always be there for you squirt." Dash said, "And I will."

--------------------------------

Buckshot woke up yawning, he looked to his side to see Applejack still snuggled up against him.

"Applejack," he said gently shaking her, "wake up honey."

"Mehhhhhhhh." Applejack answered throwing the covers over her head, "five more minutessss."

"Applejack, its two in the afternoon, Ah think it's time." Buckshot said still trying to wake her.

"Ah don't wannnnnna!" Applejack said moving in closer to Buckshot, closing her eyes tighter.

"How about if ya get up Ah'll show you all the beauty in Canterlot." Buckshot reasoned, "We could go with Silver an' Rarity."

Applejack threw the covers off her head, "Going with Rar and Silver? Like a double date?"

"Ah suppose if ya wanna get technical..." Buckshot trailed off.

"Only if ya give me back mah hat, you're still wearin' it from last night." Applejack said.

"Fine, here's your hat, now get up." Buckshot said smiling, giving her back the hat.

"Ya'll better be prepared when Ah come back from the bathroom." Applejack said pointing at Buckshot.

"Of course Ah will." Buckshot said getting back under the covers.




AN: Ok Im sorry about this chapter, I feel bad doing that to Scootaloo.... But thank you all for reading!