• Published 10th Jul 2012
  • 1,500 Views, 54 Comments

Life in the fast clouds - mageli7



Rainbow Dash has been recruited into the Wonderbolts, but will she fly high or crash and burn?

  • ...
2
 54
 1,500

The wind beneath us

Scootaloo stayed close to Rainbow Dash as they walked out of the hospital. She was still scared, and why shouldn't she be? Did anypony even care about her anymore? She wouldn't be surprised if they didn't, this trip was supposed to be fun, she had ruined it.

Rainbow Dash stared down at the shaking filly. "Dear Celestia." She thought, "this kid, is tougher than anypony I could have imagined." Rainbow Dash looked back up. Scootaloo had been through way too much, the kid had been broken. The pieces began to fit in for Rainbow, the kid was scared, the kid was beyond that. The world had turned dark for her, her eyes had clouded over. The world was bleak, scary, it was a death wish for the young filly.

"Ok squirt," Rainbow Dash gulped, "we are going to go somewhere fun."

Scootaloo's lip trembled, should she trust her? What was the definition of fun anymore? Was it out playing? Or staying inside making sure you didn't get hurt? Scootaloo stood still, she could trust Rainbow Dash, she was like her mother, she would protect her. Make sure she stayed safe. Scootaloo nodded slowly and put on a fake smile.

"Ok I was thinking, maybe we could go get some lunch first." Rainbow Dash said pointing to a cafe.

They both walked into the cafe and sat down at a table for two. Soon the waiter came over.

"What would you both like?" The waiter asked.

"Uhm, a dandelion sandwich." Rainbow Dash said.

"Same." Scootaloo said.

Soon the waiter left and the two ponies were left to talk.

"So," Rainbow Dash said, "are you feeling any better?"

"My wing and ribs healed, I think my leg is fixed too." Scootaloo replied.

"Ok that's good, do you think you would be flying anytime soon? Or is it still too much?" Rainbow Dash asked hoping she hadn't brought up too heavy of a topic.

Scootaloo thought about it. She knew she could fly if she wanted to, she had done great up until... Something clicked inside Scootaloo, it wasn't her fault, it wasn't anyponies fault. The cloud had been defective, that's what the doctor had said. She just had to come to terms with it.

"Dash," Scootaloo asked, "can we go flying today? I really wanna see the Wonderbolt HQ."

Rainbow Dash's eyes widened, "A-are you sure?"

"Yeah I'm sure, I know I can do it." Scootaloo replied.

They both ate and went to the castle courtyard, where they had flown before. Rainbow stretched her wings and took into the air hovering above Scootaloo.

Scootaloo smiled up at Dash and flew into the air, flying up beside Rainbow Dash.

"Wow!" Rainbow Dash said, "Good job squirt."

"We haven't started flying yet, we're only hovering." Scootaloo said.

"Heheheh." Rainbow Dash said as Scootaloo flew up the path.

Scootaloo flew faster, she didn't care if she got hurt, she wanted to get rid of this stupid fear. She knew she could but she was still scared, what if the cloud defected again? What if, what if, what if, life wasn't about what ifs, life is doing, life is being strong even if you don't want to be, there is somepony who loves you out there and cares for you. Scootaloo wasn't going to waste that.

She flew up seeing the place where she had fallen, the cloud was gone, the trees below had a small chunk missing from them where she had hit.

"There," Rainbow Dash said distracting Scootaloo, "there's HQ."

Scootaloo looked up and flew to see the HQ, it was a large cloud in the shape of a dome with the Wonderbolt logo on top. Scootaloo flew faster too it and landed quickly on the clouds.

"Great job squirt!" Rainbow Dash said smiling.

"Thanks." Scootaloo said walking into the Headquarters with Dash. Scootaloo looked all around before a white pegasus with a yellow mane popped in front of her."

"Hiya! Im Surprise! Who are you?" Surprise said excitedly.

"I'm uhm, Scootaloo." Scootaloo replied.

"Well Scootaloo, are you friends with Rainbow Dash?" Surprise asked gesturing towards the Rainbow pegasus.

"Uhm well shes-" Scootaloo started unable to explain their relationship.

"I'm her adoptive mother." Rainbow dash said.

"W-what?" Scootaloo asked.

"Adoptive mother squirt, it isn't official but, damn, it might as well be." Rainbow said before realizing she had swore and threw her hooves over her mouth.

Scootaloo giggled as she walked over to Rainbow. This day was going great, the hospital was done, she wasn't going back!

"Hey Scoots c'mere." Rainbow Dash said pulling Scootaloo, "I want you to meet somepony."

"Who?" Scootaloo said.

"Me." A pegasus answered.

Scootaloo looked around trying to find where the voice had come from, she looked up only to see a Wonderbolt flying around in the air.

"S-Soarin'." Scootaloo gasped.

Soarin' was Scootaloo's idol right alongside Rainbow Dash, he had done nearly every trick in the book, he was captain of the stallions of the Wonderbolts, and he liked pie. Was there anything wrong with him?

"A little birdie told me somepony liked me." Soarin' said motioning towards Rainbow Dash. Who just whistled (or tried to) nonchalantly.

"Y-you're Soarin'." Scootaloo said still in awe.

"The one and only, why don't you meet the rest of the team." He said.

Soarin' began to point to the Wonderbolt as he named them, "That's Blaze, Fire Streak, Fleetfoot, High Winds, Lightning Streak, Misty, Rapidfire, Silver Lining, Surprise, and Wave Chill. And of course there's Spitfire."

"Hey you missed one." Rainbow Dash said.

"Hmmm nah, I think I got everypony." Soarin' said laughing.

"What about your new addition?" Rainbow Dash said.

"Oh her, she's not important." He said still laughing.

"Not important?" Rainbow Dash questioned, "Why don't you say that to her face?"

Soarin' walked up to Rainbow Dash smiling, "Not important."

"Well buddy, this not important mare isn't going to be seen with Soarin' tonight." Rainbow Dash said moving her hips side to side to mock him.

"You'll come back, I still have your Wonderbolt suit." Soarin' said.

"Shhhh! Not in front of the kid!" Dash hissed.

But Scootaloo was too excited to notice, a a purple lightning bolt with two wings on either side was on her flank, her cutie mark. It may have been a little late, but it was there.

"I DID IT!" Scootaloo screamed.



AN: Hoped you liked the chapter! Almost 400 views!