• Published 15th Apr 2017
  • 7,513 Views, 99 Comments

The Sun and the Shy - Knight Light



When Sunset finds another student from from school beaten and hiding in an alley, she does the only thing she can, she takes the girl home with her. Can one wounded soul heal another and save Sunset from the hate deep inside?

  • ...
9
 99
 7,513

Monday

Groggily Sunset opened her eyes as she felt a weight on her bed that she knew shouldn’t be there. Being the heavy sleeper meant that it took several moments to even realize that the weight belonged to a person crawling up her bed from the foot in a slow crawl. Jerking fully awake she sat up looking to see Fluttershy clad in a lacy nightgown that did little to hide her assets crawling seductively toward her. She wondered if the girl normally dressed in something like that to sleep since Sunset knew for a fact that she didn’t buy something like that for Sunset.

“What the hell are you doing?” Sunset gasped making Fluttershy stop her progress and sit back with her legs folded under her on the bed hugging herself while trying to avoid looking directly in Sunset’s eyes.

“I’m trying to give you what you want. It’s why you’ve done all this for me, isn’t it?” Fluttershy asked, sounding unsure and a little scared. “What you’ve been dreaming about?”

“Where the hell did you come up with something like that?” Sunset demanded angrily making Fluttershy flinch a little.

“Well, you like girls don’t you? And after what Chrysalis bought this for me telling me to give you a good night, it kind of makes sense.” Fluttershy sighed, finally looking up to Sunset. “She said that she was happy that you picked up a girl like me.”

“Damn it!” Sunset groaned, not sure who she was more angry at. On the one hand, Chrysalis crossed a line with this one. Sure she was used to the woman’s teasing and attempts to get Sunset ‘laid’ to get her to relax more. She wasn’t going to tell them woman that she had already done so knowing that it would only open a whole other can of worms. On the other hand, how the hell could Fluttershy even think Sunset was only helping her in order to bed her?

Maybe because up until now you treated her like crap?

“Please say something.” Fluttershy finally whimpered, as she started to cry a little. If not for this stunt blindsiding her, Sunset would have likely tried to soothe the girl. She was just too angry to do so at the moment, and the worst part of it was she had three different people she could blame including herself.

“I’m going out.” Sunset said in a tired voice as she crawled out of bed and started pulling a skirt on.

“Sunset, please talk to me.” Fluttershy pleaded, crying as she climbed from the bed also following Sunset as she stormed from the bedroom clenching and unclenching her fist while ignoring the frantic girl.

“There is nothing to talk about. When I get back I expect you to have this stupid idea out of that head of yours.” Sunset snarled, almost to her jacket when Fluttershy crashed into her back clutching her shirt. Her forehead was in Sunset’s back as she cried, saying she was sorry over and over. Sunset couldn’t deny that the feelings caused by certain things pressing into her back felt good and she was having a hard time staying angry at the crying girl. She was too afraid to stay there though since Fluttershy might have well been naked in what she was wearing and it was taking all of her self-control not to give in and take what was being offered.

“Please don’t leave me!” Fluttershy sobbed out making Sunset slump, finally getting control over her anger.

“I’m not leaving you Fluttershy, I just need some fresh air.” Sunset claimed, trying to at least not turn around and look at the other girl. “Do you really think I’d do all this just to sleep with you?”

“I don’t want to, but I’d rather get it over with if you did. I like you, I wouldn’t mind being with you like that if-“ Fluttershy sniffed making Sunset clench a fist. She has every right to have doubts after the way you have treated her before.

“Just stop it, okay? I won’t lie, Fluttershy. I’m attracted to you, I mean yes I think you are hot. It doesn’t mean I want to take advantage of you.” Sunset said, shaking a little feeling slightly hurt and betrayed that Fluttershy would even really come to this conclusion. She had to agree with her inner voice though pointing out that a few days of kindness doesn’t erase possibly years of bullying. And the way she admitted that she had been letting her mind wander, she would be surprised if Fluttershy didn’t notice the looks.

“I didn’t mean to upset you; I was just trying to do something for you.” Fluttershy sniffled. “I didn’t know it would upset you.”

“Look Fluttershy, you said you were a virgin, right?” Sunset sighed as she finally turned around to look Fluttershy in the eyes as the girl slowly nodded while wiping tears away. “Then don’t throw that away just trying to give me something you think I want, because that isn’t what I want. Your first time should be something special with the person you love.”

“I’m sorry.” Fluttershy sniffed, trying to look away though Sunset prevented her by cupping her cheeks.

“Fluttershy, never think you owe your body to anyone because they did something nice for you. Don’t sell yourself short, you are a kind, gentle soul which is very special and I don’t want to see it get hurt any more than it already has been. Okay?” Sunset said, pushing the hurt and anger back trying to see it from Fluttershy’s point of view. Admittedly she wasn’t the best at doing that, but there was something about Fluttershy that Sunset had come to care for. Something she felt an intense desire to protect.

“Okay.” Fluttershy squeaked, “But what if I think you were special?”

“Shy, we both know that you have been through a lot. Don’t confuse appreciation for love.” Sunset said shaking her head. She knew she didn’t love the girl, sure she lusted for her, but that was it besides possible friendship. Leaning in to kiss Fluttershy’s forehead, Sunset gave the girl a reassuring smile. “I’m sorry I got angry with you, okay? I know I have done a lot to you in the past, but I want to make that up to you. For now though, go to bed and get some sleep. We have school in the morni-today. Damn, it’s already two?”

“I’m sorry, Sunset.” Futtershy sniffed.

“It’s okay, now get to bed.” Sunset urged before walking past the girl and stood in the doorway of her room. On the middle of her bed was the damned rabbit glaring at her making Sunset glare in return. In the moment it took her to blink, the animal had thrown a pillow and managed to hit Sunset in the face.

“You are so asking for it rabbit!” Sunset hissed, holding the pillow as she glared at the rabbit who stuck its tongue out at her. Just before she dove after the thing though Fluttershy called for it making the thing hop from the bed and out of the room.

She wasn’t sure what to feel right then though, she wasn’t too happy with the stupid rabbit being there to begin with. Then Fluttershy pulling that stunt, most likely driven to it by Chrysalis which Fluttershy already pretty much admitted to. Then there was the fact that no matter how she wanted to deny it, Fluttershy had every right to be looking for an ulterior motive. Then to be outed by her father like that, Sunset was sure she may have come to a similar conclusion if in Fluttershy’s shoes. The only good thing about the situation was seeing Fluttershy in that night gown that the image had seared deep into her mind.

“Damn it, I need a cold shower.” Sunset huffed, the image of Fluttershy crawling towards her running through her mind. “Damn it! Damn it, damn it, damn it!”

It was hours later when Sunset was finished up some pancakes when Fluttershy came stumbling in dressed in a sleep shirt and a pair of shorts looking as if she was half dead. A part of Sunset couldn’t help feeling a little glad to see that Fluttershy must have had a sleepless night like Sunset herself after the stunt the girl pulled.

“How about we call off school today?” Fluttershy mumbled as she accepted the plate of food and a glass of orange juice and slowly made her way to the couch with Sunset following. They sat at a distance from each other, both feeling a little awkward.

“Hell no, you know the rules Shy. No more ditching classes, you are the one who decided to pull that stunt last night. While I may be sympathetic, there will be consequences.” Sunset said sternly as she dug into her own breakfast.

“Do you hate me?” Fluttershy asked softly.

“No, I don’t hate you.” Sunset sighed, shaking her head.

“Then will you, will you go out with me?” Fluttershy asked making Sunset freeze in shock, almost dropping her fork from he now numb fingers. Where the hell had that come from?

“I’m sorry, I think I misheard you.” Sunset said as she looked into Fluttershy’s nervous gaze.

“Would you be willing to date me?” Fluttershy repeated getting Sunset to shake her head in bewilderment. Chewing on her lip Sunset studied the girl and had to admit that she did have fun with her and she would be a complete idiot to say no to the proposal. Then again she doubted Fluttershy knew what she was asking. The whole idea was ludicrous at best. Who the hell would want to date her?

“Look Fluttershy, it isn’t that I’m not flattered, but I don’t even know if I can love someone.” Sunset sighed. It was a lie; she did love the girl who she dated here in the building before the fact that Sunset was younger caused a breakup. It had hurt a lot really, but Sunset understood. “Besides, can you really say you like me like that? We’ve only spent the weekend together after I bullied you for so long.”

“I think I do, but that’s what dating is about, right? Finding out?” Fluttershy asked, playing with her own food as she sopped up syrup with a big forkful of pancake.

“Fluttershy, I just don’t think that’s a good idea. Just because we both like girls doesn’t mean we have to be together. There are plenty of other girls out there for you that are better than me.” Sunset said, wanting to kick herself. When the hell did she become so noble, or was it that she really didn’t want to date someone she looked down on not so long ago. Or was there even a real reason not to at least give it a chance?

“I don’t want other girls.” Fluttershy mumbled making Sunset sigh in relief.

“I’ll tell you what, give it a few days and if I feel you truly want to date still, then I will take you to the movies this weekend. If I don’t feel like it goes well, you will drop this whole thing. Okay?”

“Thank you Sunset!” Fluttershy squealed out hugging Sunset in a hug, “You won’t regret this!”

Sunset watched Fluttershy all of a sudden come up with the energy to bounce over to the dishwasher then to the bathroom to take a shower. Shaking her head ruefully, Sunset turned back to her food to find the rabbit sitting across from her. When he was sure that he had Sunset’s attention, it pointed a paw to it’s eye then to Sunset, repeating a couple times before hopping off making her wonder just where the hell Fluttershy got the thing from. It couldn’t have been normal.

As Sunset and Fluttershy was going toward the car life, Sunset walked past the car to the back of the lift to a door Fluttershy didn’t notice before. Using a key to open it up revealed a flight of stairs which made Fluttershy curious.

“Aren’t we taking your car?” Fluttershy asked curious.

“I refuse to take my baby to that dump and risk getting it scratched up. I have an older car or bike for that depending on my mood.” Sunset said leading them down one level before unlocking the door and letting them out in the parking garage. ”Since only half of the top floor has apartments and the other half is used for storage, I have the extra garages.”

Fluttershy was curious to what Sunset meant as the walked a little out from the door and Fluttershy noticed that instead of open spaces, each one was an enclosed garage stall keeping vehicles out of harms way except a few spaces at the end.

“Those down there are for verified guests, but security it tight so you don’t have to worry about anything.” Sunset explained as she stopped at a door and unlocked it before putting the garage door up revealing a pink Escalade shocking Fluttershy.

“Don’t laugh, this is my first vehicle that I got. My dad kind of bought it for me, I used to not like pink.” Sunset explained, looking to Fluttershy’s hair. “Though I’ve had a change of opinion lately. You have your license, right?”

“Yeah, I got it back when Chrysalis went with me to get my stuff.” Fluttershy said.

“Good, as long as you are here this is yours to drive. Take good care of it.” Sunset said handing the keys over. “I already let the security know you will be staying with me when I had them bring the furniture. You won’t have any problems with them, and I think this will suit you nicely.”

“What are you going to drive then?” Fluttershy asked as she stared at the keys in her hand before looking up at Sunset raising the door on the next stall. Inside was an older Firebird in perfect condition with a phoenix in flames on the hood.

“I may drive a cheaper car for school, but I still go in style.” Sunset said with a grin. “Though I do have my bike for days I feel like it.”

“Is it okay if I take this to the shelter tonight?” Fluttershy asked softly.

“As long as you take care of it, you can take it anywhere you want. So yes, you can take it to the shelter. You better take this.” Sunset said pulling a card from her bag out, “I think it has like seventy on it. I buy them so I don’t have to go in to get gas.”

“Thank you.” Fluttershy smiled before quickly kissing Sunset’s cheek and hurrying to the Escalade.

The day went normally for Sunset, though she couldn’t help worry a little for Fluttershy. They did pass a few times, but they acted as if it was any o the day per Sunset’s instructions. Sunset refrained from any bullying of the girl though which did raise a few eyebrows.

After school Sunset had to stop off at the bookstore to get a few books she needed for an assignment so took her time knowing Fluttershy would be late too because of the shelter. So taking a book she relaxed in a chair and started reading to kill some time. Unfortunately it killed more time than she wanted since when she noticed how late it was, she knew Fluttershy would have been home for an hour at least. So taking her purchases, she hurried home so Fluttershy wouldn’t worry.

Making sure the stairwell was locked behind her, Sunset walked out into her yard and toward a pool where she heard splashing. Her jaw dropped as Fluttershy pushed up out of the pool to sit on the edge in one of the skimpiest bikinis Sunset had ever seen. It was easy to see that Fluttershy was nervous doing it, but there was a glint of mischief in her eyes too.

“Welcome back Sunset, how did your day go?” Fluttershy asked, the rabbit hopping up to her and glaring up at Sunset.

“It was fine. Yeah, fine, nothing going on really.” Sunset said after swallowing several times. “Damn it, your doing that on purpose.”

“May-maybe I am.” Fluttershy smirked nervously before pushing back off into the water. It was kind of nice to see the girl acting a little confident after the way Sunset found her, though there was so much nervousness still there. She just wished the girl would find a better way to show confidence than teasing Sunset.

“This is going to be a long week.” Sunset grumbled, watching Fluttershy swim from one end of the pool to the other. She had to admit the girl had moves, she could probably out swim a lot of the girls on the swim team. Despite appreciating Fluttershy’s prowess at swimming, it didn’t take long for her appreciation to switch to Fluttershy’s curves. “Damn it! Damn it, damn it, damn it!”

Author's Note:

Damn, this story was featured last night on 4/18/2017! Thanks everyone for getting it there!