• Published 15th Apr 2017
  • 7,514 Views, 99 Comments

The Sun and the Shy - Knight Light



When Sunset finds another student from from school beaten and hiding in an alley, she does the only thing she can, she takes the girl home with her. Can one wounded soul heal another and save Sunset from the hate deep inside?

  • ...
9
 99
 7,514

Saturday

Sunset yawned as she trudged out of bed, rubbing her eyes as her body moved very sloth like while grabbing a change of clothes for the day. She couldn’t make sense of her dreams, unable to really remember them despite having the feeling that they were very good and very worth remembering. Like most mornings though her brain didn’t work until she had a nice shower or long morning soak. It didn’t matter which to her, just as long as she could enjoy either. It was why she always got up this early, no matter if it was a weekday or weekend. And today being Saturday meant she could take her time with it.

Idiot, aren’t you forgetting something? Sunset’s inner voice asked herself, though for the life of her she just couldn’t remember what. She was more interested in her dreams that were slowly starting to come back to her. There was something big and soft yet what it was exactly just wouldn’t come to her.

Trudging through her door to the bathroom, she couldn’t help noticing the light shining out from under the door. Not that she was worried about the electric bill or anything, but it must have been the thing she had forgotten. Opening the door she froze seeing a naked Fluttershy holding a towel that she was using to dry off. Their eyes locked and for what seemed like an eternity neither of them moved. At least until Sunset’s eyes started drifting down, saying the first thing that came to her still barely functioning dream. “Hmmm, they’re actually bigger than in my dream.”

“AAAAIIIEEEEEEEEEEE!” Fluttershy cried out in humiliation and embarrassment waking Sunset up even more making the girl finally back out of the room giving apology after apology before slamming the door shut and slumping against the wall next to the door. All of her dreams from the previous night came rushing back making her blush even more than she was sure Fluttershy was.

“Damn!” Sunset groaned out, realizing that while what she said was pretty stupid and insensitive, it was the truth. “Damn, damn, damn!”

It was at least a full hour later when the two sat on the couch, Fluttershy fidgeting nervously while Sunset sat at the far end tapping furiously on the screen of her tablet. Fluttershy’s eyes were glued on the TV screen while some cartoon about a rabbit was playing that Sunset really didn’t care about. She had promised the shy girl that she would take Fluttershy out for breakfast soon as an apology for walking in on her. Thankfully she understood that it was all a huge misunderstanding while seeming not to have heard Sunset’s remark. And if she did hear it, she wasn’t bringing it up.

“As I thought, if you have a sponsor and file for emancipation or for a request for protection, you can legally stay on your own unless you have other family that is willing to take you in.” Sunset explained as she read from her tablet.

“I can’t, my parents are all I have and my dad knows too many people to block it and I would need somebody with a lot of money willing to sponsor me, or get a full time job.” Fluttershy explained, turning the television off. “Plus, I really don’t want the whole school to find out what has been going on."

“Well, I have my own connections if it comes down to it.” Sunset said, knowing full well that she could take care of this clown that thought it was a good idea to abuse Fluttershy like this. “What about your job at the shelter?”

“It’s volunteer work to help me get into a good college to be a vet.” Fluttershy sighed, Sunset already knowing what was wrong. Fluttershy’s GPA had taken a sharp drop this last year and while Sunset may have been partially responsible for that, her bastard father was probably the main reason.

“Okay, so for now you need a place to crash until we can figure something out about your dad.” Sunset said, tapping through more screens furiously sending instructions to the buildings security including a picture of Fluttershy she took with the tablet without the girl knowing. “So first breakfast, then we need to get you some clothes.”

“I really don’t want to go home.” Fluttershy admitted, playing with her bra strap through her regular top.

“Why do you keep messing with your bra like that?” Sunset asked, genuinely curious.

“Because the straps keep digging into my shoulders.” Fluttershy complained, though a hint of red tinting her cheeks showed just how embarrassed the girl was over it.

Well, if she was embarrassed now, just wait until after breakfast. Sunset told herself.

You are truly evil. Her inner voice mocked, though with a hint of humor added to it’s normal chiding tone.

“We will take care of that first thing after breakfast. So, want a full breakfast or just a coffee and donut?” Sunset asked, already knowing what the answer would be.

“Something cheap would be fine. It was just an accident, right?” Fluttershy asked, though it sounded as if she wasn’t really happy with the choice.

“Are you sure? I mean we can get pancakes, or waffles. Even a sausage, egg and cheese bagel. Can’t you just taste it now, all that yummy goodness?” Sunset teased, making Fluttershy’s mouth water and stars dance in her eyes. “Okay, full breakfast it is.”

“Your going to make me fat at this rate.” Fluttershy whines, though visibly excited about the prospect of a good breakfast.

“Fluttershy, I have a feeling you don’t have to worry about that too much.” Sunset said shaking her head in amusement.

It was around noon when the two finally sat down in the food court with food from each of their choice before them. Sunset had brought them to her favorite mall outside of Canterlot City limits where she was less likely to run into any classmates. She couldn’t help smirking a little at the fact that Fluttershy was still blushing from their trip to the lingerie store. It was hard to believe that Fluttershy hadn’t been professionally measured for so long and the results proved Sunset right. Fluttershy needed a larger bra which Sunset had bought for Fluttershy in several styles to go with the different types of outfits that Sunset had also purchased for the girl.

She may have gone a little overboard since both was loaded down with bags all for Fluttershy, but something just seemed to take over when they started shopping. A part of Sunset was loathed to admit it, but she actually had fun with the other girl and enjoyed hanging out with her. And she was pretty sure that Fluttershy felt the same except for the whole measuring debacle and the amount spent. Hopefully it was a good sign that the things she had planned would be well received. Even if they weren’t, Sunset had been meaning to make some changes anyways.

“I can’t believe you bought all of this stuff.” Groaned Fluttershy as she leaned back in her seat, full from the burritos from the Taco stand while Sunset had an order of lasagna from the pasta stand. “When did we get all of this? I can’t pay you back for all of this.”

“There isn’t any need for you to pay me back, but I’ve noticed you haven’t been fidgeting with your bra strap anymore.” Sunset said, smirking at the sputtering girl. “Sorry, sorry, I won’t bring that up again. At least for now, but we still need to figure out where you are going to stay.”

“I need to go home sooner or later, but I really don’t want to. It’s getting worse and I’m actually scared being around my dad anymore.” Fluttershy sighed, “He acts like he is some big shot just because he knows Sombra and bullies everyone around him since they are afraid of what will happen.”

“So your dad knows Sombra and people are afraid of him?” Sunset asked with a devilish smirk.

“This isn’t funny Sunset, Sombra is a monster!” Fluttershy gasped out as she looked all around her as if afraid saying the man’s name would invoke his wrath. “Do you even know who Sombra is?”

“Oh, I know exactly who he is and I’m not afraid of him. If that is all you are worried about, leave Sombra and your father to me.” Sunset said, trying her best not to laugh at the comically wide eyed gaze the girl was giving her. “Forget about Sombra for now, we need to worry about where you will be living for now if you are really set against going home. If I can find you a place, would you be willing to stay there no questions asked?”

“As long as it’s safe I guess.” Fluttershy said, a look of dejection crossing her features momentarily before smiling back up at Sunset. “Thank you for everything, I have no idea how to repay you. You know, you are a lot different from how you act at school.”

“I have my reasons, though I may be starting to question just how good they are.” Sunset answered as cryptically as she could. Oh she still hated both versions of Celestia, and wanted to hurt the things she loved to make her feel the pain the nag had caused Sunset. She didn’t intend to change her plans, not just because she had a good day with one of the girls who she seen as an enemy. Yet that so called enemy was the first girl her age she actually enjoyed being around, and not just because she found Fluttershy hot. She didn’t want to admit it, but she was beginning to feel that they may have a small chance of becoming friends.

“Well, if you need someone to talk to, it would be the least I can do.” Fluttershy said as Sunset started gathering their trash before getting up to dump it.

“I’ll keep that in mind, let’s go home for now.” Sunset said, grabbing her share of bags.

“I guess.” Fluttershy sighed, following Sunset with her own load.

It didn’t take them long to get back to Sunset’s place after spending the better part of the day shopping. Both of them were happy when they stepped into the penthouse and kicked off their shoes only for Fluttershy to pause as she tried to figure out what to do with all of her new stuff.

“Let’s put them in my study for now.” Sunset said as she motioned for Fluttershy to go ahead of her. As the girl opened the door to the room though she dropped her bags in shock, covering her mouth as she looked back at Sunset with watery eyes. The room had changed from a simple study to a pink themed bedroom with a huge princess bed, desk with computer and a dresser.

“What is this?” Fluttershy gasped out.

“There’s a furniture store not far from here, I just had my friends in security here pick up some stuff while we were out and set it up. To be honest they did a better job than I thought they would.” Sunset explained while giving a whistle of appreciation before turning to Fluttershy with a serious expression. “This is your room for as long as you want it, but besides the rules I have already mentioned there are a few new ones if you want to stay here.”

“What are they?” Fluttershy asked excitedly.

“First and foremost, you are not to speak about this arrangement to anyone at school. As far as everyone at school is concerned, I am the bully and you are the bullied. Anything I say to you at school to maintain that image is just that, a cover to maintain my image. I will try not to do anything, but if I do, I won’t mean it. Second, do not tell anyone or bring anyone from school here. Not a single soul. Got it?” Sunset asked, watching as Fluttershy thought about everything before she nodded in acceptance. “Good, and finally, I want you to leave dealing with your father to me. I know you don’t want anything going to court or somewhere that the school may find out about it, so don’t worry, I will be discrete and nobody will find out.”

“Why are you doing this, Sunset?” Fluttershy asked, crying as she looked between happy and heartbroken.

“Because I can’t stand to see such a pretty girl cry.” Sunset said hugging Fluttershy who blushed at the statement. “Seriously though, if there is one thing that I despise, it is someone who hurts their own children. And after getting to know you, I swear I will hunt you to the ends of the earth if you repeat this, but I might actually like you. You are like the only girl my age I feel I can be friends with right now.”

Sure she had some friends, most of them older or younger, but nobody in her grade. And surely not somebody as smart as she knew Fluttershy to be

“Thank you.” Fluttershy sniffed as she pulled back.

“One last thing, you must start making sure you get to school every day and no more skipping. I have a feeling your father may have been the cause of it before, but now, you have me to look out for you and I will not be friends with a slacker or quitter. You want to be a vet, then you damned well better be ready to work that ass off for it.” Sunset Shimmer declared, “Sunset Shimmer does not back losers, Fluttershy, and you are no loser so don’t make me regret taking this chance.”

“I won’t make you regret it, I promise!” Fluttershy squealed launching herself to hug Sunset tightly. Sunset couldn’t help enjoying the feeling of certain parts of Fluttershy rubbing up against her.

Damn it, I am becoming a pervert! Sunset and her inner voice both bemoaned though they didn’t exactly fight the welcomed hug either.