• Published 8th Apr 2017
  • 722 Views, 37 Comments

Fallout: Equestria – Brittleshine's Quest Audio Files - MuseoSansPony



By now you have likely heard my sister's tragic story in "Unscrewed Audio Files". I am Shoeshine, but as a ghoul I prefer Brittleshine. Pinkie predicted I'd meet my sister again. I have hope. We will find out what happened to her 210 years ago.

  • ...
4
 37
 722

PreviousChapters Next
Audio Log #006: How I Met Grrrar (Brittleshine)

\\**//BOOP\\**//

**raspy sigh** I can’t sleep.

\\**//SILENCE\\**//

Yeah, yeah, I know ghouls don’t need to sleep. Doesn’t mean I still don’t. I usually can, but not tonight–or since I found out Screwy might still be alive.

(Dr. Stable Rate) **raspy** You too?

Oh, Stable you’re still awake?

(Dr. Stable Rate) **raspy** I’m worried about Screwy. The wasteland is harsh place today, I can’t imagine 210 years of being on her own. What if she is feral?

No! She always had hope I was alive and sane, I plan to give her the same courtesy.

(Dr. Stable Rate) **raspy** You’ve been out in the wasteland before, right? I haven’t left Meatlocker since I got there on the final day.

Yeah, I helped each the area for ways to free trapped ghouls after Canterlot fell. It is actually how I met Grrrar.

(Dr. Stable Rate) **raspy** How did that happen anyways? She said something about a Star-spawn?

Well since we aren’t getting any sleep, I might as well tell the story.

\\**//SILENCE\\**//

So it was a week after the destruction of Old Canterlot. Many residents were still unaccounted for and most that were accounted for had the daunting task of clearing rubble to find anypony else. They also had to find if any of the still intact buildings were livable. There was also the trouble of ferals–some stripes native to Zebratown, but others were from Canterlot and a few who were unable to deal with the loss of Stable City–were our own friends and neighbors.

Eclypse, Binary, Raw–he renamed himself that–I think her name was Pigment Scumble–and I went to see if there was any functioning construction equipment in Ponyville we could use to help in the search. We were only a few miles away when we saw the smoke from the Everfree fire. What we didn’t see was the beast–named Star-spawn by a Zebra named Xenith in the Wasteland Survival Guide: Sunshine and Rainbows Edition. It was several stories tall and was practically invisible. That was until it tore Raw in half. The splattered gore highlighted the creature’s front right claw.

We hadn’t brought any weapons. It was supposed to be a quick trip–uneventful. If we did encounter any hostile ponies all we had to do was activate our broadcasters. Our broadcasters would be no match for the creature–even if it was effected, it would likely not hinder it much.

Then out of the ground burst open and out came three hellhounds. In seconds they had torn through the creature’s gut and it fell to the ground dead.

\\**//SILENCE\\**//

And that is pretty much it. Grrrar prevented the other two hellhounds from killing us too and even offered to help look for trapped ghouls in the ruins.

Now that I think about it, she had deciding hoof–paw–in founding Recurrence.

(Unknown Griffon) **through the wall** Fascinating! I know ghouls don’t need sleep, but someponies do!

Sorry!

(Dr. Stable Rate) **raspy whisper** Guess Carousel Boutique has thin walls. We should try to get some sleep–that way when we find a sane Screwloose–we too are still sane. A rested ghoul is a non-feral ghoul.

\\**//BOOP\\**//

Author's Note:

I felt Grrrar needed an intro without also contributing recordings...the next Audio Log will be them finally moving on with the plot. :derpytongue2:

PreviousChapters Next