• Published 8th Apr 2017
  • 722 Views, 37 Comments

Fallout: Equestria – Brittleshine's Quest Audio Files - MuseoSansPony



By now you have likely heard my sister's tragic story in "Unscrewed Audio Files". I am Shoeshine, but as a ghoul I prefer Brittleshine. Pinkie predicted I'd meet my sister again. I have hope. We will find out what happened to her 210 years ago.

  • ...
4
 37
 722

PreviousChapters Next
Audio Log #008: Aglow (Dr. Stable Rate)

\\**//BOOP\\**//

(Unknown Pony) **echoey** Impressive. No pony nor creature has ever broken free from my hold.

Who are you? Why did you trap us here?

(Unknown Pony) **echoey** I am called Aglow. And you trespassed in the domain of my charge. I was merely protecting her and keeping her happy.

(Brittleshine) **slightly raspy** By doing what? Trapping ponies in illusions? Who is your charge?

(Aglow) **echoey** I only do as I am told. I was told to protect, so I protect. I am not at liberty to share who my charge is.

Aglow, Aglow. Why does that sound familiar?

(Brittleshine) **slightly raspy** Your keeping ponies–••distant rawr**–and creatures from their families. The wasteland is dangerous enough–even after Gardens cleared the taint and radiation–why make it worse for everypony?

(Aglow) **echoey** I am only protecting my charge.

**raspy gasp** Spark!

Who?

(Aglow) **echoey** HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT NAME?!

Static Spark. She was a filly admitted to Ponyville Hospital before I got there to try to help Screwy. She came from an abusive home. Kept mostly to herself. Her aunt admitted her because she only interacted with her imaginary friend. I heard another doctor say she called it “Aglow”.

(Aglow) **echoey** You doctors always think you know so much! Where were you when the noises came? When the scorching air filled her lungs? WHERE? WERE? YOU? Nowhere! Only I was there! I was there to protect her and keep her safe! I have always kept her safe! From her father! From that vile pony with the painful poison! Now I am here to continue to keep her safe!

(Screwloose) **distant and echoey** We can be together again. No war, no wasteland. We could be happy.

From the brief encounters I had with Spark, despite her former home life, she was a sweet little filly. Would she want you hurting other ponies?

(Aglow) **echoey** She–she–I do not know. I was only told to protect. This is how I know how to protect.

(Unknown Hellhound) Then ask her.

Grrrar?

Yes pony doctor. Brittle pony’s gunshot snap Grrrar out of dream. Found filly while glow pony distracted.

(Static Spark) **very slightly raspy** Aglow? What is going on? Who are these ponies?

(Aglow) **echoey** Go back to sleep child. It is not safe for you.

Go on Aglow, ask her.

(Aglow) **echoey** Spark, my sweet, you asked me to protect you, right?

(Static Spark) **very slightly raspy** Yes.

But did you ask her to harm other ponies? Ponies not harming you?

(Static Spark) **very slightly raspy** Aglow? Is this true.

(Aglow) **echoey** I was just protecting you while you slept like I was asked. The noises came and we ran into the woods. The burning air filled your lungs. You got sleepy and asked me to keep watch while you slept. Keep you from harm. I have done that.

That was over 210 years ago.

(Static Spark) **very slightly raspy** You were hurting kind ponies?

(Aglow) **echoey** They could have hurt you.

(Static Spark) **very slightly raspy**sniffle** How could you? Begone!

**ethereal chime**

(Grrrar) Where glow pony go?

(Static Spark) **very slightly raspy** I sent her away to timeout.

She–Aglow was just another illusion? Can you release the others trapped in here?

(Static Spark) **very slightly raspy** I can.

(Grrrar) How long others trapped here?

(Unknown ghoul) **raspy** Quick honey, this way to Stable 101. I know a shortcut!

(Unknown Raider) That Stable Dweller won’t know what hit her. **maniacal laughter**

We should get out of here before any of them fully come to. We should go back to the hospital, I need to find some files. They are in the basement–hopefully not destroyed.

\\**//BOOP\\**//

Author's Note:

ok...maybe not explained yet...I didn't want to have too many exposition dumps. Just know cortexaphan makes cortexamine and cortexamine plus radiation makes a cortexaphan ghoul. Other factors lead to the unique powers. The Cortexaphan thing is a reference to the TV show Fringe, powers and all...but excluding the cortexamine part.

PreviousChapters Next