• Published 8th Apr 2017
  • 720 Views, 37 Comments

Fallout: Equestria – Brittleshine's Quest Audio Files - MuseoSansPony



By now you have likely heard my sister's tragic story in "Unscrewed Audio Files". I am Shoeshine, but as a ghoul I prefer Brittleshine. Pinkie predicted I'd meet my sister again. I have hope. We will find out what happened to her 210 years ago.

  • ...
4
 37
 720

PreviousChapters Next
Audio Log #019: Something Vail, This Way Comes (Dr. Stable Rate)

\\**//BOOP\\**//

**constant clicking of a geiger counter**

You ok?

(Hawk) **incredibly raspy** Yeah, but why do I have to be awake for this?

Well this would be a delicate procedure even if you weren't a ghoul. For this kind of thing any wrong move could immobilize or kill you. I don't know how different a ghoul brain is from a regular pony, but I just want to be sure. That is also why I had them flood the room with radiation. So if I do anything incorrectly it will heal. I just have to be sure you don’t heal completely before I get it out.

(Hawk) **incredibly raspy** Y-you’ve done this before, right?

Yeah, back at med school. On a cadaver. Just try not to move and let me know if you get any strange tastes or twitches.

(Hawk) **incredibly raspy** Lemon, but that is likely the radiation.

Really? I always thought it tasted more like oranges. So what have you been up to since waking up in the factory with the shrapnel in your head?

(Hawk) **incredibly raspy** This and that. I wondered the wastes for a while. From Manehattan to Detrot, to Applewood, to the Hoof. I even spent some time in the Zebra Lands. Xinkra taught me Doombunny from when I met her in Applewood, but as a ghoul chems didn’t affect us as much so we modded the style to fit. I also discovered I could gain the unique abilities of some ghouls for a short time, but it is very draining to use the powers often.

Interesting, you can push your powers to 110% by borrowing the powers of others. I wonder what chem facilitated your powers.

(Hawk) **incredibly raspy** Huh?

Oh, nothing, just a theory of things I’m working on. I’ll explain later. So Xinkra, she still around?

(Hawk) **incredibly raspy**raspy sigh** she was killed by a trigger happy bigot. I don’t know if it was because she was a ghoul or a zebra. After that I settled Mausoleum and tried to keep ghouls and ponies alike sa-aaaaah!

Hold on, I’ve almost got it. **wet popping sound**clang of metal on metal** Odd, looks almost like an eye.

(Hawk) **incredibly raspy**gasp** Wh-where am I? **dog growl** What did you do to–

Screwy? You back?

(Screwloose) **incredibly raspy** Stable? Is that really you? Y-your alive? Well ghoully like me, but–

\\**//EXTENDED SILENCE\\**//

**raspy sniffles** I thought I’d never see you again. Do you remember the time you were Hawk?

(Screwloose) **incredibly raspy** Kind of, it was like a dream. Me, but not me. It is hard to explain...Dammit, I’m a construction worker not–mmmmhh.

**kissing sounds**

**metal sliding on metal**

**geiger click stops**Door opening**

(Firestorm) Sorry to interrupt–

(Brittleshine) **slightly raspy** Screw?

(Screwloose) **incredibly raspy** Sh-shoeshine?

(Brittleshine) **slightly raspy** I haven’t been for a while, but for you...yes.

(Screwloose) **incredibly raspy** I **sniffle** I knew you were alive! You look like a resurrector.

(Brittleshine) **slightly raspy** Canterlot Ghoul, but yeah. I’ve missed you so much.

**heavy metal hoofsteps entering**

(Brittleshine) **slightly raspy** Doll, not a word. She is taken.

(Dancing Doll) Message received, toots. Just seeing what that thing in her head w-**tung** GAAAAAH! **thud**

Dancing?

(Brittleshine) **slightly raspy** What the fuck was that?

I think it was the shrapnel. I looked like an cyber eye.

(Screwloose) **incredibly raspy** C-cyber eye? Like V-

(Unknown Stallion) **synthetic** Hahahahahahahahahaha! Well, well now. Isn't this interesting. I seem to have transcended death even further than before.

(Firestorm) Dancing Doll, enough games.

(Unknown Stallion) **synthetic** So that is the name of my new body. Honestly, I prefer Vial. Like the pill bottle, but it depends on who you ask.

(Screwloose) **incredibly raspy** I-it's not possible. I killed you.

(Vial) **synthetic** By dropping an entire section of Canterlot on me. You survived, why wouldn’t I?

(Firestorm) You bastard. I may not like Doll that much, but he is a Moonskull. Give him back or suffer the consequences!

(Vial) **synthetic** Hmmm….nope. Think I’ll take him for a spin. In fact this armor is quite nice, I’ll take it too...oh and Screw-for-brains.

No! I just got her back, I won’t let you!

(Brittleshine) **slightly raspy** Fuck you!

(Vial) **synthetic** Ah you must be the fiance and the sister. How are you gonna stop me?

(Firestorm) They can’t, but I can.

(Vial) **synthetic** Ah, ah, ah. You wouldn’t want to needlessly kill innocent ponies. You or any other Moonskull attack, I splatter Screwloose all over the room. Maybe you get lucky and kill Dancing Doll here before I can, I’ll just take over another body. I’m invincible.

(Firestorm) He’s right, we have to let him walk.

But!
(Firestorm) Live today, we can get her back and kill him another day.

(Vial) **synthetic** Best of luck. Applesnack, Littlehorn agent, and Screwloose have all tried. This is my Equestria now.

**receding metal and reluctant regular hoofsteps**

\\**//EXTENDED SILENCE\\**//

(Brittleshine) **slightly raspy**sniffle** How the hell is he still alive?

Cortexephan. I have a theory that the powers beyond the accelerated healing are based on other drugs they have been given. Screwy was given Celestia’s tears. I heard that makes the user use 100% of their strength, but kills them. Screwy survived, the Cortexaphan allowing her body to go beyond 100% by copying unique ghoul abilities. Static Spark was given an early form of Moondust. All her powers are advanced forms of Moondust poisoning.

(Brittleshine) **slightly raspy**sniffle** And Vial?

He was given experimental cybernetics. He is also the only unicorn to use the drug. Maybe it mixed his innate magic and that of his robotic limbs. So when he was killed, his mind went into his cybernetics by converting it to magic or something. I’m a surgeon not a MAS researcher, this is all speculation.

(Brittleshine) **slightly raspy** I think I know where he is going. From the sounds Screwy’s recordings he had more than just an cybernetic eye. He might not have his full power without his other parts. He is heading to where he fell.

But how will we find him, he will likely mask Doll’s armor tag?

(Brittleshine) **slightly raspy** I made sure I got Screwy’s pipbuck tag back at Maus. I wasn't about to lose her again after I went through the trouble to find her.

(Firestorm) Get your hellhound friend. Normally I couldn’t spare the troops, but he also has a Moonskull captive. I can spare 4 ponies. I wish I could do more. Just bring Doll back in one piece.

(Brittleshine) **slightly raspy** We will. Thank you, Firestorm.

\\**//BOOP\\**//

Author's Note:

and so Vial returns! how will Brittle, Stable, Grrrar, Doll, and Screwy get out of this one? well I'd tell you, but **spoilers**

Special thanks to Visual Pony TheNarrator for allowing me to crossover with his fic, Duty, and use his locations and characters...aged up to the present of my story.

He was unable to officially sign off on this due to his busy schedule, so I hope...if he is reading this, it conforms enough to his canon.

PreviousChapters Next