• Published 8th Apr 2017
  • 722 Views, 37 Comments

Fallout: Equestria – Brittleshine's Quest Audio Files - MuseoSansPony



By now you have likely heard my sister's tragic story in "Unscrewed Audio Files". I am Shoeshine, but as a ghoul I prefer Brittleshine. Pinkie predicted I'd meet my sister again. I have hope. We will find out what happened to her 210 years ago.

  • ...
4
 37
 722

PreviousChapters Next
Audio Log #018: 210 Years in the Making (Brittleshine)

\\**//BOOP\\**//

**BANG**CLICK CLICK**BANG**BZZT**BZZT**BWOOOM**RATATATATATATATATATAT**BWOOM**

Doll! You said there’d be some ferals in the graveyard, not a whole horde! **BANG** We didn’t prepare for this many.

(Dancing Doll) Sorry, toots, there was much less last time. The population of the settlement must have gone down and the ferals increased. **RATATATATATATATATATA**CLICK**CLICK**CLICK** Fuck me!

**Inequine growls and snarls**BANG**CLICK CLICK**BANG**BZZT**BZZT**BWOOM**

**approaching gallops*Tuht**Boom***FWOOSH**SWING**SWING**SWING**several dead bodies thumping to the ground**sizzling of flesh**

(Unknown Ghoul Mare) **incredibly raspy** You folks alright? Sorry about the welcome party, great protection, but no easy way to turn them off for friendlies. Welcome fellow ghouls, hellhound, and steel ranger to Mausoleum. The fastest growing ghoul settlement in the city. We open our doors to all races, and states of living.

\\**//SILENCE\\**//

(Unknown Ghoul Mare) **incredibly raspy** Where are my manners, I’m Hawk, founder and leader of Mausoleum.

Y-you're actually here. Pinkie was right we would meet again.

(Hawk) **incredibly raspy** Have we met? Hmm...I never forget a face. No I don't believe we have.

(Dr. Stable Rate) **raspy** Screwy, it is me Stable Rate. This is your sister Shoeshine. Y-you don’t remember?

(Hawk) **incredibly raspy** Umm...never thought this would happen. Never thought I’d meet anypony who knew me from before. Huh, small wasteland I suppose. I woke up about 210 years ago in the ruins of an old factory. I had no memory of how I got there. Just this metal mohawk, a shorted out pipbuck and a fire axe. The very same I just used, though augmented with a fire talisman. Lets talk inside.

**walking sounds of 3 ghouls, 1 steel clad pony, and a hellhound begin**

(Dancing Doll) That was Doombunny style, if I’m not mistaken. Most impressive.

**concrete being pushed aside**

(Hawk) **incredibly raspy** Thanks I had a teacher out west. Xinkra, ghoul zebra, nice gal. Not anything like those posters and billboards make her kind out to be.

**concrete being pushed back into place**

(Dancing Doll) Well I’m partial to Fallen Caesar myself, perhaps we could spar later...see where things lead. If you know what I mean.

(Hawk) **incredibly raspy** I’m flattered steel ranger, but I’m not into smooth coasts. Or anypony actually. I always feel like I’m cheating on somepony, but my lost memory prevents me from know who that is.

(Dr. Stable Rate) **raspy**sniffle** It is me you feel like you're cheating on, Screwy. I’m your fiance.

(Hawk) **incredibly raspy** Oh…

And as Stable said, I’m your sister. I’ve crossed the wasteland looking for you. I–I thought you were dead for so long. **sniffle** Then I came upon your recordings.

(Hawk) **incredibly raspy** Recordings?

Yeah. **Pipbuck noises**

**CLICK**

(Screwloose from Audio Log #001: Sanity Through Radiation) Bark, bark barkbark bark. Oh, sorry force of habit. I’ve been speaking in nothing but dog barks since long before the war. I was a construction worker and a tragic accident caused me to have brain damage. It is funny how now of all times I would regain my sanity. There is no more Equestria.

**pipbuck noises**

(Hawk) **incredibly raspy** Th-that’s me? I–I **sniffle**

DJ Pon-3 had them broadcast over the radio. How’d you not hear them?

(Hawk) **incredibly raspy**sniffle** Well with a busted pipbuck and the concrete structure, I never tuned in. **sniffle** I have a sister and a fiance. Why can’t I remember that?

(Dr. Stable Rate) **raspy** I’d say it has to do with your metal mohawk. That shrapnel is stuck in your brain. Any normal pony would have died, but you are a ghoul as long as you have radiation, you can still function. It is just blocking you from accessing your memories. I **deep sigh** I could remove it if you want, I’m a doctor. Surgeon actually.

(Hawk) **incredibly raspy** I uh...um...I’m not sure. What if I don't remember?

It is worth the risk. Let me play you your recordings before you make the final decision.

(Hawk) **incredibly raspy** Sure, lets play them in my quarters.

Doll, you go buy us some new ammo and supplies.

(Dancing Doll) Your wish is my command, my canterlot ghoul goddess. **receding metal clad hoofsteps**

(Grrrar) Grrrar go with canned pony to keep other females safe from him.

Good idea.

**receding bipedal pawsteps**

\\**//HARD CUT\\**//

(DJ Pon-3) Sorry to interruption folks, but Brittle kept the recording going as she played all her sister’s logs. Don’t get me wrong, Unscrewed is a good story, but no need to retread it when this isn’t a rerun. I took the liberty of editing it out and putting this explanation in instead.

\\**//HARD CUT\\**//

(Hawk) **incredibly raspy**sniffle** Screwy–She–I was so close to finding you.

I know **sniffle**, Stable 1 opened and became Stable City about a month later.

(Hawk) **incredibly raspy** If I go through with the operation to remove the hawk and I remember, what will happen to my memories since?

(Dr. Stable Rate) **raspy** I’m not sure, that isn't my field of expertise. I’d hope they’d stay.

(Hawk) **incredibly raspy** And what of Maus. I lied when I said it was the fastest growing ghoul settlement. Ponies are dropping like files either to feralralism or bigoted wastelanders who can’t tell a sane ghoul from a feral one. Without me it will be chaos.

Recurrence would be happy to take in your ghouls. I have some swing with the mayor there...she’s kind of my marefriend.

(Dr. Stable Rate) **raspy** I’ll understand if you don’t want to do it. Nopony is forcing you.

\\**//EXTENDED SILENCE\\**//

(Hawk) **incredibly raspy** I–I’ll do it. I’ve been alone for so long. Sure I had those I protected, but I always felt something was missing. Now I know what. You and Stable Rate.

Then let's find Doll and Grrrar. We can leave after we rest up for the night.

(Dr. Stable Rate) **raspy** I hope Frostmane will let us use their ship’s medical bay. She might be a ghoul, but I’d still prefer a sterile working area. And I’ll need a source of radiation just incase.

\\**//BOOP\\**//

Author's Note:

the long awaited return of Screwloose! I wonder who else from the last story will come back. :trollestia:

Special thanks to Visual Pony TheNarrator for allowing me to crossover with his fic, Duty, and use his locations and characters...aged up to the present of my story.

He was unable to officially sign off on this due to his busy schedule, so I hope...if he is reading this, it conforms enough to his canon.

PreviousChapters Next