• Published 16th Feb 2017
  • 4,472 Views, 57 Comments

Kung Fu Dragon - CartoonNerd12



A parody to Kung Fu Panda as Spike is chosen as the Dragon Warrior.

  • ...
9
 57
 4,472

Chapter 6

Twilight was in her room looking at old photo albums mostly of her and Trixie going to school together. She sighed deeply as memories of her youth played in her head. Her eyes brimmed with tears as she thought.

Why did you have to take that stupid Alicorn Amulet and put it on?! We so were happy!

But before she could dwell on the past further, a guard with a charcoaled face burst in.

"Your Highness!" he shouted.

Twilight stood up in concern, "Yes?"

The guard bowed his head in shame and shook it, "I'm so-so-so-so sorry! We did everything we could, but Trixie overwhelmed us and now she's escaped!"

Twilight sucked in her breath and tried to look calm as she nervously informed the guard, "I see…Thank you… for telling me this…" she slowly moved sideways to get to the door with small beads of sweat running down her forehead, "and don't worry, everything's going to be alright…" she got out and closed the door behind her and starting running down the hall, yelling, "Celestia!"


Eventually she found her teacher by the Peach Tree of Heavenly Wisdom and quickly told her the bad news. Then she began to fret.

"What are we going to do?! Trixie is on her way right now! And we'll have no way of stopping her unless we do something right now!"

Celestia looked at her former pupil with a calm expression, "But we already have done something, Twilight…"

Twilight frowned as she protested, "The dragon?! Celestia, I'm sorry to tell you this, but he is not the Dragon Warrior! He has no skills whatsoever to handle dangerous situations! He's going to get himself killed! He got chosen by accident!"

"There are no accidents…"

She sighed, "Yes, so you told me, twice…"

"Well that was no accident either."

Twilight muttered, "Thrice…"

"My dearest Twilight, are you truly sure of how the dragon came to be here? Or is it possible that you just don't see what he has to offer." she used her aura to pick a peach off the tree, "Take this fruit for example. To most it's just a soft and fuzzy delectable, but for those who have so little it is a feast."

"I'm afraid I don't understand." Twilight confessed.

Celestia nodded, "That is understandable, given you rather do things your way and cannot see the big picture."

Twilight points, "But my way keeps everybody safe from harm! My girls are able to protect themselves and the ponies of Equestria! Spike… he can't do that!"

Celestia shook her head, "No, Twilight, you just need to believe… Have faith in the dragon. Let him show you his true self… Believe in him… You must promise me this…"

"Why?" the young alicorn tilted her head.

"I have just received news from my sister in Yakyakistan that I am needed to help fill out a trade agreement. And you know the yaks are very set on perfection."

Twilight nodded before she frowned, "Wait… Does that mean I have to take care of things myself here?!" she worried.

Celestia merely stated, "Yes." and started flapping her wings.

"But-but…"

The sun princess started going higher in the air as she said, "You must believe…"

Tears threaten to escape as Twilight uttered, "I… I will try…"

That satisfied the taller alicorn as she continued to fly up and teleported from Twilight's sight.


When Twilight walked down the hallway to get to the girls' rooms she was surprised to find them empty but then heard laughter coming from Spike's room and took a peek in to see them all having fun as they talked.

Pinkie then suggested, "Hey! Let's play 'Guess who I am'!"

Rainbow motioned, "Sweet! I'll go first!" she then got into position as she did her hair in the style of Rarity's and batted her eyelashes, while imitating her friend's voice. "I'm ever so generous and sweet as I tend to flirt with colts to get what I want!"

The others giggled as Rarity rolled her eyes. Spike had a concern look as he asked the unicorn, "Is that true?"

Rarity nonchalantly replied, "More or less."

Pinkie waved her hoof, "My turn! My turn!" she straighten her mane then slightly curled it as she spoke in a quiet voice, "I'm ever so shy and scared but I do tend to be bold once in a while…"

"Fluttershy." they all said except Fluttershy who said.

"Oh goodness, do I really sound like that?"

There were random agreements before Spike shout out, "I got one!" he found some parchment and rolled it into a cone and held it up to his forehead, as he spoke in authoritative tone, "I'm ever so bossy and strict as I order you around to train hard given I am a princess and an alicorn!" he chuckled with his eyes closed unaware at that point that Twilight was entering the room with a scowl on her face.

The girls saw her and held in their breath as she approached the dragon.

Spike was still laughing when he opened his eyes and it slowly went down to a nervous titter. "Um…" he gave a tiny wave, "Hi, Princess Twilight?"

Twilight still was scowling before she addressed the girls, "I have some very bad news…" she took a deep breath, "Trixie has escaped…"

They gasped.

The alicorn continued, "As of this moment she is coming for the Dragon Scroll…" she looked at Spike, "And you're the only one who can stop her…"

Spike was taken aback by this but then assumed, "Ha! And here I thought you didn't have a sense of humor, I'm going to…" he trailed off when seeing the serious expression on Twilight's face, "Wait… You're serious? But, um…" he quickly thought, "Celestia can stop her, she did it before!"

"She can't! She was called away on official royal business!" she faced the girls again, "So… our only hope is the Dragon Warrior…"

Applejack shouted, "Twilight, that's insane! You can't do that! He's not ready!"

Twilight replied, "But it is his destiny… So we must-" she turned back but saw he was not there, "Where'd he go?"


Spike was screaming his head off as he ran out of the castle and was about to go pass the gates when Twilight suddenly teleported in front of him, making him stop in his tracks.

"You can't leave!" she yelled.

"Watch me!" he ran on but soon found it futile when Twilight kept using the teleportation spell on him. He started panting and finally just stopped as he said to her, "Come on! How am I suppose to defeat Trixie when I can't even get away from you?!"

"I need you to trust in your teacher just as I have trusted in mine."

He scowled, "You're not my teacher, and I am not the Dragon Warrior…"

"But it is your destiny!"

"You never once believed in that! Ever since I got here, you've been trying to get rid of me!"

Twilight sighed, "Yes… that is true… I am not proud of how I tried to make you quit, thinking it was for your own safety… But maybe… it was not you I was trying to keep safe but rather… myself…"

Spike tilted his head.

She continued, "I worried that Trixie wasn't going to be stopped by someone who had no skills to fight, so I needed someone who could…" she told him, "But I cannot change destiny, it must be you and you alone who can stop her."

Spike gestured, "Expect there's a problem with that… How are you going to turn this," pointing to himself, "into the Dragon Warrior? Uh?"

Twilight bit her lip and went quiet.

Spike repeated, "How?"

Twilight still was silent.

"How?!" he shouted.

"I don't know!" she hollered before going quiet again and softly uttered, "I just don't know…"

Spike's eyes glossed over as he muttered, "That's what I thought…"

The alicorn and the dragon stood there in somber silence unaware an earth pony wearing a Stetson hat had been watching them from a balcony and overheard their loud exchange. She looked upset as they started heading back inside until she gave off a determined look just as she braced herself to jump onto a tree close by and slid down its trunk. She galloped past the gates before looking back as she said.

"This is what ya brought me here for…" then she ran on.

She was running pass the shops of Canterlot when she heard a sweet voice yell out.

"Applejack!"

She looked back to see Fluttershy, Rarity, and Pinkie running behind her with Rainbow Dash flying above them. She retorted, "Don't try and stop me!"

Rarity called out, "But we're not trying to stop you, darling!"

Dash proclaimed, "We're coming with you!"

Applejack was stunned for a bit before smirking and kept on running.