• Published 30th Mar 2017
  • 2,963 Views, 32 Comments

Drake to Dragoness - PonyPixel



Garble's gang find an odd ruby and now some of them have to deal with no longer being a drake.

  • ...
11
 32
 2,963

The Escape

Blaze gazed out the window looking at the volcano with a sigh, "Will you just go inside," she groaned as she looked down at the crowded street filled with ponies. The gray dragoness jumped as Cleva burst in and dug through the fridge for something to eat, Blaze started to walk away but she bumped into Vixen.

"Oh sorry Blaze," Vixen apologized.

"It's fine, hey you wanna head back to the dragon lands?"

"I would, but Cleva looks like she could use some assistance."

"What kind of assistance?" A plate hit Blaze in the back of her head, it turned out Cleva was sucking up food faster than a black hole.

"Uh Cleva, slow down a little please."

"Sorry I can't help it," Cleva said with her mouth full, "I can't get full."

"Well, that doesn't mean you can just smash thing without care." Vixen cried as she tried to pull her friend back from the food.

"Hey I heard a plate smash," Spike said as he walked into the kitchen to see the amount of plate on the table the pregnant dragoness was eating off of.

"Oh hey Spike," Cleva said as she slowed her eating down.

"I left the group for a minute and you've already eaten, one, two, three, twenty plates?!"

"Sorry, I'm kind of a stress eater."

"It's fine, just help clean up some of the messes you make." Spike grabbed a broom and dustpan and swept up the shattered plate, Cleva put her empty plates in the sink as she looked out the window.

"Hey, Spike do you know what time it is? It looks like it's getting dark."

"Wait, what?" Blaze looked out of the window to find ponies going back inside and the sky seemed to be getting darker. "Finally!" Before anyone could stop her, Blaze flew out of the room to find Garble. Spike popped his head out the window and found out why it was getting dark, pegasi were moving thunder clouds into place blocking out the sun.

"Oh geez."

Garble was sitting in the library chewing on some gems when burst in, "Hey Garble," she cried, "Guess what?"

"What?" the red Drake asked.

"The ponies have gone inside, it's safe to go home now."

"Wait really?"

"Yeah, come on, I'm not wasting this chance." Without hesitation Blaze grabbed her friends arm and flew out the window.

Spike ran into the room trying to stop them, "Blaze wait!" But it was too late the two dragons have flown away. "I have to get Dash."

The two dragons flew over the Ever-free Forest, all seemed to go well until lightning bolts started to come down, "Blaze, I think we should turn back," Garble said as started to fly closer to the ground.

"The sooner we back home, the sooner we can't forget this happening." Blaze sped up when a bolt of lightning struck her, she lost conciseness and fell to the ground.

"BLAZE!" The Drake flew down to save his friend, but he wasn't fast enough, Blaze fell into the river and the current carried her upstream. She tried to swim out, but the current was too fast for her to get out, suddenly she rammed into some boulders making her flip over and have her horns get stuck.

"Help," Blaze coughed as she tried to get unstuck but her horns were stuck under the dirt and rocks.

"Hang on." Garble tried to Blaze out but it was far from easy, Blaze help as much as she could but since her muzzle was under the water she pushed against the ground less until she passed out. "Don't you pass out on me." Garble pulled as hard as he could and finale he pulled Blaze out of the water, he squeaked her chest as he tried to get the water out of her lungs. "I didn't want to do this, but letting you die." Garble lied his friend on the ground and was about to give mouth to mouth when Blaze woke up.

"What are you doing?!" She said in shock.

"You were out cold so I thought maybe I.."

"Try to kiss me?"

"No, I was trying to save your life."

"Whatever, let's just head... ow..." Blaze tried to take off, but the violent river had broken her wing. "Oh come on, is everything stopping us from getting home?"

"Problem may be coming your way, but with your wing, you'll need somewhere to stay," came a voice.

"Who said that?" Garble questioned. A Zebra walked out of the shadows, "Who are you?"

"Zecora is my name that you seek, I've noticed your friend seems a bit week," Zecora said.

"If weak you mean broken," Blaze groaned.

"In my hut a potion, that can help put your friend back in motion," Zecora said, "There is a lot of danger around here, some of them may feed on fear."

"Well I'll just lead, my wing is killing me." The dragon began to follow Zecora when they heard a growl, they looked a saw a pack of timber wolfs. One pounced at Blaze only to be stopped by Garble's claws.

"Get to her hut," Garble groaned as he punched the wolfs back.

"No no," Zecora cried as she pulled Blaze's arm, "You can't fight them like this, we must go." They left Garble to fight off the wolfs and ran into the hut. "Now that we're here I can make they brew, to fix that wing just for you."

"Do you always talk in rhyme?" Blaze asked, "It's kind of annoying."

"Ah yes, the rhyming is an old habit of mine, but most ponies think it's just fine."

"Whatever you say, do you have that potion ready?"

"Is isn't as simple as you think, making a potion doesn't get made as fast as you blink." Zecora began to put her ingredients into the cauldron as Blaze looked out the window.

"Come on Garble, you need to get here."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Garble was starting to struggle to fight the timber wolf pack, he tried to use his fire breath but when they were set a blaze the wolves didn't even react to it, "Are you kidding me?" Before he could react the wolves that were on fire pounced on him, its claws were so sharp it cut right through Garble's scales, "OW!"

A boulder flew threw the air and knocked the wolf off of Garble, it turned out that the boulder was thrown by Spear who charged at the other wolves. "We've got your back Garb."

"We?" Dash came up from behind Spear began to fight off the wolves.

"We would fight these wolves off forever," Dash groaned as she kicked one of the wolf's back.

"You sure we can't burn them to crisp?" Garble groaned as he held his mark from the wolves.

"But where's Blaze?" Spear questioned.

"She's in a hut belonging to someone name, Zecora."

"Zecora's hut," Dash grabbed the dragon's claws and dragged them to the hut. Zecora was letting the potion simmer as she tied a cast around Blaze's broken wing.

"So long will this potion take?" Blaze asked.

"That potion is a simple brew, but I'm afraid the effects will take a day or two," Zecora cut off the bandage holding Blaze's wing.

"Well, my friend isn't going anywhere for a while so I might as well join the club." The two jumped a bit as the rainbow pony and dragons barged in and barricaded the door. "Garble you're here, and alive."

"Yeah," Garble panted, "A few cuts and bruises, but other than that... I'm fine."

"We need to get out of here," Spear said as he struggled to hold the timber pack back.

"The wolves attacking will not end, but I just finished the potion for your friend." Zecora poured the red potion in a bottle and gave it to Blaze.

"Okay now that we have that healing potion, we need a way to get out of here," Garble said.

"Flying out of here is the best option," Dash said as she crawled out of the window, "Get out while I distract the wolves. Come and get me you pieces of drift wood."

"Alright, let's fly," cried Spear as he flew out of the door.

"I can't," Blaze said, "My wing's broken, I can't fly."

"No, but you can ride," Garble grabbed onto Blaze and flew into the sky, Blaze held onto her friend as she looked down.

"I think I know where we can rest," Spear said as he lead the way, which was back to the castle.

"At this point, I'll take anything," Blaze said as she held onto Garble tightly when they landed.

"We're on the ground now Blaze, you can let go now," Garble said as he let go of Blaze.

"I think we should go inside," Spear said, "This storm looks like it's getting worse." With a flash of lightning and a roar of thunder, this made Blaze jump and she ran inside this cause her wing to wiggle a bit.

"Ow, I guess should probably drink the potion Zecora gave me."

"There you are," Spike said as he walked up with some towels, "What were you thinking?"

"I was thinking of going home." Blaze drank her potion and grabbed one of the towels and started dry off.

"What happened to your wing?"

"I was flying too high and a bolt of lightning hit me."

"That's what I was talking about, the storm caused you to break your wing."

"Honestly Spike, I told her to slow down," Garble said as he walked in with Spear.

"I appreciate that Garble but try harder next time, try harder." Spike gave the dragons the towels when he noticed Garble's cuts. "Jeez Garble, what happened to you?"

"Timber wolf attack."

"Another reason you should have waited for the storm to stop."

"Look I don't care," Blaze groaned, "I'm going to get something to eat." She stormed off annoyed more than ever.

"It's only, 3 o'clock and you almost died. You've been for two days, how can we trust you like this? I'm only twelve and I'm more sensible than you."

"Look I'm just going with Blaze and try to recover from this." Garble walked off after Blaze as Dash burst through the doors.

"Okay, those wolves aren't coming back," she panted.

"Well, we're glad you're alright Dash."

"You do what you need to do here," Spear said as he gave Spike his towel, "I'm checking on my friends." Spear flew off to find Cleva was lying on her bed having a snack on gem from the castle. "I thought Twilight said not to eat the castle."

"I said I'm a stress eater," Cleva said, "These gems to sweet to resist, plus if she does find out, blame it on Garble." Spear let out a small chuckle when he saw the film projector.

"You watching another movie?"

"Yeah, Vixen went to get another movie, and the others dragons as soon as we heard you were back. I wonder what's taking her."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Now, where are those film?" Vixen was looking for a film to watch but she didn't know where Spike had put the films. She looked in the closet where she managed to find some films and Flicker. "Flick, what are you doing in there?"

"Well if I can't be around Spear with blushing, maybe it's best if I don't see him," Flicker said nervously.

"Doesn't that seem a bit childish?"

"Look I can't help it if I keep blushing around Spear, I think I could get a nose bleed."

"I don't think that how it works."

"Well, why are you even doing looking through the closet?"

"We're watching another movie, we're wondering if you wanted to join in."

"Uh sure. Now, what are we watching?"

"Well, I'm still looking." Vixen dug through the closet to find a box of films, one of them said; "Over the Edge." "It says it's a comedy, so let's try it out."

"Okay, you do that, I'm going to get a snack." Flicker walked toward the kitchen where Blaze was resting with Garble, "Hey guys."

"Hey Flicker," Blaze said sulkily.

"What happened to your wing?!"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Well, we're about to watch another movie if you would cheer you up."

"A movie?" Garble asked confused.

"Oh yeah, you guys weren't around when we were introduced to movies. Follow me." All the dragons were now in one room as Vixen was setting up the movie.

"Okay, I think I set this thing up right," Vixen said as she checked over the projector.

"So that thing plays movies?" Garble questioned.

"Yep," Spike said as he walked by with the wet towels, "You need any help setting that up?"

"Maybe," Vixen said as she accidentally took the film wheel off the projector.

"Easy, you'll break the film." Spike ran up and took the film wheel from Vixen claws, "These things can be fragile, watch how I put it up." Spike managed to put the film on properly, showing Vixen how to do it. "Now sit back, and watch the movie." The dragon lied down on their beds with Flicker trying not to make eye contact with Spear.

"Not going to share a bed this time?" Spear asked the blushing dragoness.

"Um, no," Flicker said nervously, "I'm fine."

"Suit yourself."

The movie started out with a brown Pegasus with a white mane looking down at Canterlot, "Here we go," he said, he opened his wings and dived threw the air. He did a few tricks like loop de loops, and barrel rolls when all of a sudden his wing cramped up.

"Well that not good," Garble thought to himself still wait for the movie to surprise him.

The Pegasus fell closer to the ground when suddenly, a blue aura appeared around him stopping him from hitting the ground, the aura came from a pink unicorn with a golden mane.

"Are you alright," she asked.

"I'm fine." The Pegasus got himself upright on his hooves as he gaised at the unicorn's clothing.

"What is she wearing?" Blaze questioned.

"Isn't that what dragons wear in the dragon lands?" Spike asked the gray dragon, "I think Zecora wears that too."

Later the two ponies are walking with each other, looking out of a forest, the unicorn was looking nervous as she gaised out of at some mountains. "Come on, why are you so scared of this?" the pegasus asked.

"My father said that the land outside of our village can be very dangerous," she replied.

"Come on, I don't know the meaning of the word "danger," I take risks all the time."

"And you might have gotten lucky, but when your wing cramped up I was there to catch you, if I wasn't you wouldn't be standing here right now."

"And I'm lucky that river was there," Blaze said under her breath, "If Garble didn't get me out of the water, or fight off those wolves." Blaze stare at her friend and realized she was in a simple situation like the Pegasus in the movie, eventually she was feeling a bit tired, she felt eyelids getting heavier until she fell asleep, wishing for the day to be over.