• Published 30th Mar 2017
  • 2,963 Views, 32 Comments

Drake to Dragoness - PonyPixel



Garble's gang find an odd ruby and now some of them have to deal with no longer being a drake.

  • ...
11
 32
 2,963

Double Date

"I think a date is perfect for you," Rarity said to Flicker as she double checked Flicker's measurements.

"I'm not sure about this," Flicker said. "Spike said it might be a double date. What does that even mean?"

"It just means there are two dates going on at once. What color would like your dress?"

"Red and pink." Rarity levitated the materials and got to work.

"Should I ask your friend what she would want her dress to look like?"

"I wouldn't. Probably just make it green and not too girly."

"Hmm, well, I'll try. Give me a few hours." The white dragoness walked out of the room and found Spear waiting outside.

"So, Spike said I would be wearing a suit," Spear said. "What is he talking about."

"I'm not sure. I think it should be fancy because Rarity's making it."

"I can make sure of one thing, Blaze isn't going to wear her dress. I wonder what Garble's going to say."

Garble was banging his head on the wall. "Why... Did... I think... This... Was a... Good... Idea?" he asked himself pausing between each bang.

"Calm down," Vixen said, "It's not the end of the world."

"Blaze will make sure of it."

"That doesn't even make any sense. How about you just calm down and pretend that I'm Blaze."

A confused expression appeared on Garble's face. "What?"

"For your date. Just talk to me if I'm Blaze so you won't screw anything up." Vixen messed with her hair make it look like Blaze's.

"Okay. So, how are you feeling?"

"Just great. I blew my only chance of being a dude again and now I'm stuck like this permanently. How about you."

Bits of sweat started to appear on Garble's forehead. "Well... That bites. You... Look... I can't do this. I'm screwed. Even if she says yes, somehow, I'll just choke up."

"No, just keep trying."

"Vicky, I know you're trying to help but neither one of us have any idea what Blaze is going to say. Even if you think like her, you're going to be dead wrong."

The purple dragoness's poofed back to normal. "If you say so. I'll go see if she's calmed down yet." Vixen walked out of the room as Garble lied down on his bed.

"What has happened to my life?" He looked towards the hall to find Cleva carrying her egg with Spike walking alongside.

"So, what names have you been thinking of?" Spike asked.

"I don't know," Cleva replied. "This entire thing is still jarring to me. Can you blame me?"

"Not really. I was thinking of something like... Coco. it just feels right to me."

"Hmm. Maybe. I thought of naming it after a gem or something. I can't really think of anything." Cleva gently placed the egg on a pillow and sat next to it. "You think it'll hatch normally?"

"Like a normal egg or sped up?"

"That's what I'm worried about. I don't want it to age at the speed I got pregnant."

"I don't think that the curse would work like that. I think that the dragon wife would want her husband to have the full experience." Both dragons gave a nervous and awkward chuckle.

Cleva looked over to Garble and walked over to him to change the subject. "What's bothering you?"

"I'm going on a date with Blaze," Garble groaned.

"...Oh. That's weird."

"That's weird? You laid an egg but me dating my friend is weird?" He lied face first into his pillow.

"Okay, so we have different opinions on weird."

"You wanna talk?" Spike asked.

"Talking is what got me into this," Garble replied muffled by the pillow.

"Hey, you know who Blaze is."

"Yeah," Cleva said. "You can just talk about things that are normal."

"She's a chick now," Garble groaned.

"Okay, I understand wanting to be alone," Spike said. "Come on, Cleva, we're just talking to a wall at this point." Spike and Cleva left, taking the egg with them. Garble stared up at the ceiling and groaned some more.


"And there we go," Rarity said finishing up the last suit. "Just in your size." Spear and Garble were trying their suits on.

"I've gotta say," Spear said, "This is really comfy."

"What do you think of my dress?" Flicker asked showing off her ballgown dress.

Spear was blushing immensely as she walked over to him. "Beautiful."

Garble looked over to a pouty Blaze, who was wearing an emerald sheath dress. "I think you look nice," Garble said trying to play it cool.

"Whatever," Blaze groaned, "Where are we going?"

"Pinkie's got Sugarcube Corner set up just for you," Rarity said. "Oh, Starlight."

"Yes?" Starlight asked walking into the room. "Wow, you guys look great."

"Thank you," Flicker said. "Could you teleport us to... Where we going?"

"Sugarcube Corner," Rarity said.

"Right, there."

"Okay then," Starlight said charging up her horn. She teleported the four dragons to the bakery.

Once there, Pinkie bounced into the room as she was finishing setting up two tables for the dates. "Good, you're here," she said cheerfully. "I've got everything ready for you." The dragons sat at the tables and Pinkie got some apple cider for the dragons. "I'll get your meals soon." As the pink pony skipped away the two dates began to talk.

"So, I think it would be nice to visit Ponyvillie from time to time," Flicker said.

"Really?" Spear asked. "I kind of not wanting to fly all the way here and back. You know what I mean?"

"I'm sure you can beat your laziness for a trip or two. I can't believe we've made fun of these ponies."

"Yeah." Spear and Flicker were having a good time, Blaze was just laying her head on the table.

Garble decided to break the silence. "So, how are you feeling?" he asked.

"Like crud," Blaze groaned. "Why did I agree to this? I should've just stayed in the castle. Stupid broken wing."

"Look, I'm just deciding to go along with all of this." Garble looked at his friend and noticed that her eyelids were colored green. "Did your eyes change color?"

"What? No."

"I mean your eyelids. When did they turn green?"

"It's probably just some eyeshadow," Pinkie said bringing in some plates of food.

The black dragoness's eyes darted. "Um, Rarity set me up to it."

"When?" Flicker asked overhearing. "She was helping me with my hair. I also got a bit of eyeliner." She blinked a few times making her eyelashes flutter.

"Did you apply the makeup by yourself?" Pinkie asked.

"Just get them their food," Blaze replied with a bit of a tone. Pinkie was a bit frightened by this and went to get Spear and Flicker's food.

"Your hair looks nicer too," Garble said blushing a bit.

"So, Vixen got me to do it," Blaze replied crossing arm.

"You do look pretty." The dragoness raised an eyebrow. "Nice. You look pretty nice."

"I don't think he should even hide it," Spear whispered to Flicker.

"Spear," Flicker said.

"Hey, it's true."

Garble took a deep breath and just started eating his spaghetti and noticed some gem hidden underneath. "Sweet, gems," he said as he tossed one of the gems into his mouth.

"Thanks for noticing," Pinkie said giving Spear and Flicker their food.

Flicker saw that her salad had some emeralds and rubies mixed in with it. She felt a little nervous about it the red gem thanks to the whole reason why she and her friends were there. Nevertheless, she enjoyed her vegetable and gem salad.

Blaze, however, just started are her spaghetti and sighed. "You know," Spear said looking over to the other table, "I can take that off your hands if you don't want it."

"Are you and Flicker just going to suck face?" Blaze replied angrily grabbing her fork and placing her food in her mouth. "I don't know they gave us these."

"You never asked," Pinkie giggled as she walked back to the kitchen.

"So... Did you do your own makeup?" Garble asked.

"So what if I did?" Blaze asked trying to play innocent.

"You still came along for this dating thing." Blaze didn't reply, but Garble noticed that she wasn't making eye contact with him. "Something wrong?"

"I was hungry and I wanted to see what these ponies can cook."

"Probably could've stayed at the castle, but Spike would probably say something about that," Garble thought.

They didn't say anything else as they ate their food. While Blaze just grumbled as she ate hers she did look at Garble when he wasn't looking at her. She kept trying to keep up her attitude when she nearly got caught. When the dragons finished their food there were only little bits of gemstones left.

"Man, that was good," Spear said.

"Hope you guys have room for dessert," Pinkie said in a sing-songy voice. She brought out a slice of cake for each other dragon.

"Oh boy," Flicker cheered.

"Hey, Pinkie," Garble said, "You know that hodgepodge of a creature."

"You mean Discord?"

"Yeah, him. I was think we tried to give him another chance. That way we could try and fix things. Right, Blaze?" The dragoness didn't really say another as just looking at her dress. "Blaze?"

"Huh?" Blaze said snapping back to reality. "What are we talking about?"

"Discord."

"That guy. I just wanna forget about him."

"Really? Okay."

Pinkie simply gave the two of them their cake slices and walked back to the kitchen.

"You know, I don't know why they say "everypony, nopony, somepony," and stuff like that," Garble said. "How hard is it to say "everyone?"

"I know," Blaze said.

"It's like, "Hey, let's change some words around to confuse everyone. Oh, I mean everpony." Both of them shared a giggle from this.

"I mean, what's next? "Everydragon?" The dragoness was nearly crying from laugh but quickly caught herself. "Okay, my face is still dry. I nearly ruined my eyeshadow." She took a bite of her cake and her eyes widened. "Wow, this is good."

"Kind of reminds me of the cake Cleva had for her baby shower." Blaze's expression went back down as she heard this. "Poor choice of words."

"So, where are we going to go after this?" Spear asked Flicker.

"Maybe we could take a look at a movie," Flicker said. "Spike said they had loads."

"I'm just going to stargaze," Blaze groaned finishing the last of her cake. She didn't say anything else and ran out of Sugercube Corner.

"Wait, hold on," Garble said as he flew after her. Because Blaze couldn't use her wings, Garble had an easy time of catching up to her. "Where are you going?"

"Far from here."

"Just stop a minute." He noticed the running was making her wing bounce a bit, causing her a bit of pain. Garble landed in front of Blaze, stopping her in her tracks. "You're hurting yourself."

"I'd rather do that be some wimp."

"Okay, what's your deal?"

"You know what. Even if I become a girl pushover, I'll just get kicked out of by my parents."

Garble was confused by this. "What are you talking about."

Blazed sighed. "What makes you think that our parents are going to let me live with them if I'm like this?" The dragoness was struggling to hold back some tears. "You know our parents take dragon lineage seriously. You know our parents don't think to kindly of ponies, I mean... Just remember what your mom said."

He rubbed his neck. "Yeah. And I agreed with her. I feel like an idiot."

"Me too. They've been trying to help me and the others. I don't even know what to think anymore."

"Is that why you were silent?"

"Yeah. I've just got... Mixed feelings." Blaze looked at Garble before turning away and blushing.

"What... Are those feelings?"

The dragoness groaned. "It's you. I've got feelings for you. I can't help it. It's probably that dumb ruby."

"Yep. A dumb... G-gemstone."

"Did you stutter?"

"...Yes."

"Thought so. My life is just a wreck now. My parents aren't going to accept me, I'm as weak as peddle, and now my friend has the hots for me."

"What do you mean you're weak?"

"I stuck my horns stuck in a river. I'm not the strongest dragon but used them to pry a boulder out a closed cave."

"Hey, there was water pushing against you. Not to mention you got hit by lightning and your wing was broken."

She looked back at the still bandaged wing. "Okay, so you've got that."

"I mean, I got stuck under a boulder during the Gauntlet of Fire. Where Spike had to help me." He sighed. "Really regret treating him like a wimp." Both were quiet for some time.

"So, like the makeup?"

"Kind of. I really do like what you did with your hair."

"Yeah. I thought if I was going to be dragged into this I might as well look good."

"I don't think you needed the eyeliner, or whatever Pinkie called it." Blaze was intrigued by this and rubbed off her eyeshadow. There was a bit still smudged on her face which Garble helped remove.

"How do I look now?" She looked more excited now with a bit of blushing.

"You still look great." With both dragons blushing, they noticed that they were both reaching out for each other's claw.

"You know this is still very weird."

"Yeah, it is." Both dragons recover and kept their claws to themselves.

"What were you doing?" Spear asked as he and Flicker flew up to them.

"Nothing," Blaze said.

"You're both blushing," Flicker said. "Were you going to kiss?"

"NO!" Garble covered Blaze's mouth as they all looked around to make sure nobody heard her. They saw some windows turning on and the dragon hid in the shadows.

"I think we should head back to the castle," Garble said quietly. The three agreed with him and once the attention died down, they flew back towards the castle.


Spike was carrying a basket of the dragons' swimwear as the double dates flew in through the window. "Wow, you came back fast," he said.

"We left a little early," Blaze said rubbing her arm.

"Well, just let me take care of these first. Then I'll get you guys some a film."

The dragons walked down the hall. In one room they could Rainbow Dash helping Cleva with some push-ups. "You're doing great," Dash said. "You'll get rid off that baby fat in no time."

In another room they walked past, Rarity was helping Vixen apply makeup. "I don't that lipstick is for me," Vixen said.

"Don't worry," Rarity said, "Not many are fond of it either."

Spear and Flicker heading into the guest room and Garble was about to follow them, but Blaze was walking towards the castle's balcony. The dragoness looked out towards the clear starry night.

"The sky looks nice tonight," Garble said walking towards Blaze.

"Yeah, it does," Blaze said. Both looked up at the stars as their claws slowly inched towards each other. "You really think that my parents will accept this?"

"If they don't, I think my parents will let you stay with us."

"If you say so. Just remember, they're not like ponies."

"I know. Just know, I'm here for you." Garble surprised Blaze by giving her a hug, which she embraced.

"Thanks, Garble." The embraced lastly for a while until Spike walked up to them.

"Umm... I'm not interrupting anything, am I?" he asked.

"No," Garble said still hugging the dragoness.

"Okay. The movie is about to start. You want to join in?"

"Give a few minutes," Blaze said.

"Alright. I'd recommend changing into sleepwear." Spike walked away as Garble and Blaze let go of each other.

"Finally. I've been getting tired of dragging this dress around." Both of them walked off to get to out of the dress and suit. "I don't know how Flicker could drag her dress around.

Spear and Flicker had their sleepwear on and were both sharing a bed. Cleva and Vixen were in their beds, with the purple dragoness having curlers in her hair. Garble and Blaze had changed into the same kind of clothing. "You made it," Spear said. "I thought you were going to watch the stars."

"Well, we were curious on what you were going to watch," Garble said.

"It's a favorite of mine," Spike said showing them the empty film case titled "Power Ponies Origins." "It's based off my favorite comic series. It's got action and cool characters."

"Sounds awesome."

"Sit down on have some popcorn." Spike pulled out a bowl and tossed some popcorn kernels into the air. He hit them with his fire breath to pop them and then caught them in the bowl.

"Nice," Blaze said as Spike handed her the bowl. She and Garble sat down on the same bed as the film started.

Later, Garble was enjoying the movie so far, when he noticed Blaze failing to hide a smile. "What's wrong now?"

"We can't stay here forever. Don't you think our parents are worried?"

"Probably."

"I know they're going to come looking for us. You know what happened last time?"

"Don't remind me. Look, we'll tell the others in the morning. Let's just enjoy the film until then."

Filly Second was running around at incredible speed, much to her shock. "I've never gone this fast in my life," she cried as she started enjoying it.

"Super speed would be cool," Garble said.

"Yeah," Blaze agreed. "Would be weird having control of hair."

After the film ended, Flicker had passed out and Spear nuzzled against her. Blaze was quite drowsy and passed out leaning on Garble's shoulder. "Aw, you two look so cute," Vixen said looking over to them.

"Thanks, I guess," Garble said. The lights went out and the dragons went to sleep. Garble was taking more time than the others as he hugged Blaze. He thought what was going back in the dragon lands as his eyelids were getting heavy. "One more day." With these words, he passed out with him and Blaze snuggling each other throughout the night.