• Published 30th Mar 2017
  • 2,963 Views, 32 Comments

Drake to Dragoness - PonyPixel



Garble's gang find an odd ruby and now some of them have to deal with no longer being a drake.

  • ...
11
 32
 2,963

Cleva's Suprise

Spike was just finishing the tour of the castle with the library, "So... you enjoying this place?" Spike asked the dragons.

"I like it." Flicker replied, "It'll make a nice temporary home."

"Good, just don't try to eat the crystals."

"Sorry," said Cleva, "I've just been hungry lately."

"Relax, I'm a great cook. I can make you something. Also, I think it'll taste different than gems."

Just then, somepony came inside, "Hey Twi? You said you were going to help me with the broken trees."

"Who was that?" asked Flicker.

"It's Applejack." Starlight said, "Twilight offered to help her with some trees that fell down in the storm last week."

"Hang on, AJ! I'm kind of busy." Twilight replied to her farmer friend. She was just exiting the library when she saw the tour group. "Spike, Starlight, what are you doing?"

"Showing our guests around the castle," replied Spike. "They can't just stay in one room."

"Well, that's nice, but can you take them back to the guest room?" Twilight replied angrily, unaware that Applejack was heading towards them.

"Twilight, Big Mac and I can't to the work on our own. We could really use the..." Applejack stopped when she saw the dragons. "What in tarnation are they doing here?"

"Ah, Applejack." said Rarity as she walked up to the group, "I see you've met our new friends."

"Friends? Dash said you were chased by them."

"Half of them, and one of them who did chase me is now a girl."

"What?"

"We can explain," said Cleva, "We've found a ruby that turned four of us into Dragonesses."

"I'm so confused."

"I'll explain on the way to Sweet Apple Acres," said Starlight. "I think Twilight and Rarity are going to be busy," she added.

"I'll just question you on the way back home." Applejack who was still confused walked away with Starlight back to Sweet Apple Acres.

"I'll cook something up for you guys," Spike said as he walked to the kitchen.

"I'll join you in a minute, Spike," said Flicker. "Uh, Twilight? Did you find anything about that ruby?"

"Well, I've got some good news... and some bad news." said Twilight, as Flicker's smile quickly disappeared.

"Oh dear. Well, give us the good news first."

"Well, the good news is, I've found out about the 'ruby'. You may want to sit down because it's a long story." Flicker -who was still worried- and her friends sat down as Twilight opened the book and told the story.

“A long time ago, there was a dragon couple who constantly argued with each other.

Until the wife had had enough.

She cast a spell on a ruby.

When it came into contact with the husband or any male dragon they would become a dragoness.

The new dragoness begged her wife to change her back, but she said it couldn't be done.

The spell was irreversible.”

"Wait..." Blaze said, "You're telling me we're stuck like this?!"

"I'm afraid so."

"Well, that's just great!" exclaimed Garble, "We came here for no reason, other than to give Fizz a dress. We're going back to the dragon empire."

"Well, thanks for trying to help us Twilight," Cleva said. The dragons started to walk to the exit when Spike came out of the kitchen.

"Hey, where are you going?"

"Oh. Hey, Spike." said Flicker, "We've gotten some bad news about the ruby. It turns out we're stuck like this."

"Oh. Well, I'm so sorry Flick."

"Thanks, Spike. Now I think I should return this dress to Rarity."

"Well, you can't leave without a full stomach. Come on, it might cheer you up."

"If you say so. I haven't eaten since we left the dragon empire."

"I can't believe we've been wasting our time," Garble complained. "My gang is now a bunch of sissies. GAH!"

"Garble, calm down." said Cleva, "Wait, where's Flicker?"

"I think she stopped by the kitchen," said Spear. "I'll get her." He flew into the kitchen to find Spike giving Flicker some food.
"So... what's this thing called?" she asked.

"It's called a pear," Spike replied. "How do you not know this?"

"Sorry. Nine times out of ten we dragon eat gems."

"Why don't you try it?"

"Okay." Flicker took a bite as Spear walked in.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"I said I was cooking something for you guys." Spike replied, "I don't want this to go to waste."

"Hey, Spear! you should try some of this food."

Spear looked confused. "Flicker I think we should get going."

"Can't we stay little longer?"

"Yeah." Spike agreed, "I'm making soup."

"You have to try some of his cooking," Flicker said as she handed him the pear.

"What's this?"

"A pear, apparently. Try it, it's sweet."

"If you say so."

Meanwhile, Garble and the others were still waiting at the exit. "Okay, that's it! I'm going looking for them," said Garble as he flew towards the kitchen.

"Okay, what's going..." he stopped when he saw the three dragons eating soup.

"You know this stuff does taste different than gems," said Spear, "But it still tastes good."

"What are you doing?!" Garble asked in rage, "We're supposed to be leaving!"

Flicker sighed. "Sorry Garble. I just wanted to stay a bit longer. Spike was being so nice to us."

However Twilight ran up looking a bit worried, "Where's Cleva? I have something to tell her."

"Did someone call me?" Cleva said, walking up.

"Okay, so you know the ruby turned you into a dragoness, right?"

"Yeah. Why are you looking so worried?"

"Well... how do I say this? This is the BAD news. Well, the Drake wasn't the only victim. Other dragons changed gender. Two out of every ten, you're the two, and well..."

"Can you please just tell me?" Cleva said, a bit worried.

"You're pregnant."

"WHAT?!"

It took about an hour to calm down Cleva down. She couldn't believe she was pregnant, "How is this possible?" Flicker asked fanning Cleva.

"It's part of the curse." Twilight explained, "The dragoness who caused it was also pregnant."

"This is around a nine on my weirdness scale," Spike said.

Blaze, Vixen, and Rarity walked in, finding a dragoness in a complete panic, "What's going on?" asked Blaze.

"It's your friend Cleva," Twilight said.

"She's pregnant," Spike said.

"Spike!" Twilight admonished.

"I'm sorry! This is just weird."

"Weird as in, my friend is pregnant out of the blue?" Blaze asked, deadpan.

"Well I think the best thing to do, is for Cleva to stay here until her delivery," Rarity insisted.

"No. Way." Garble groaned, "I want to get out of here as soon as possible."

“Garble, what would happen if Cleva crash landed?” Twilight questioned, “We don’t want to put anypony -or dragon- at risk.”

“Well, Clump is not a pony, so we’ll be on our way.”

“Garble, if Cleva gets into an accident he could hurt or even killed the baby.”

“Face it Garble.” Spike said, “Until Cleva delivers this new baby, you’re not going anywhere.”

“Oh come on!”

“I think I need to be alone,” Cleva said as she walked out of the kitchen with Rarity following her behind.

“Cleva,” Rarity said as she followed Cleva down the hall, “You... want to talk?”

“No.”

“But if you talk about it, you won’t feel so bad.”

“I’m pretty sure talking isn’t going to help me when I become a dragoness that’s also pregnant.” And she stormed off furiously, but she didn't make it far. She sat down on the floor panting as Rarity ran up to her.

"Sweetie you can't push yourself. You'll hurt the baby and maybe even yourself."

"No! I'm going home." Cleva stood up, groaning, "This armor is too heavy."

Flicker heard the noise and flew towards to her friend painting with Rarity trying to stop her, "What's going on here?" she asked.

"Your friend is damaging herself." Rarity replied, "And quite possibly her baby."

"No! I'm fine, and I'm not having a baby!" Cleva replied in anger.

"Cleva, stop." Flicker cried, "You're doing what I did once."

"What do you mean?" Cleva asked confused.

"Remember back when we grew our wings and I hurt one?"

Cleva thought back to Flicker's description, to when they were younger. A young Fizzle practicing flying when he hit a boulder and crash landed with his left wing bruised.

"Dang it!" cried as he stood up and tried to fly again with a young Clump finding him.

"What are you doing?" Clump asked.

"I'm trying to fly, but my wing hurts."

"Maybe you should stop for a while."

"No way! I want to fly now!" Fizzle tried to lift his wing, but it only hurt him more.

"Stop. You're only hurting yourself. If you don't stop you'll never fly."

"You're right." Frizzle groaned as he closed his wings, "I'm just an idiot."

"Why would you say you're an idiot?"

"Because all my friends have their wings and they're all mastering them, I'm struggling to get off the ground."

"Well, you're not the only one. Look at my wings, they're only the size of my claws doubled. My mom says I'll fly eventually but I don't know about that."

"Well, maybe you just need some help. We can work together. I'm Fizzle."

"I'm Clump." the two dragons shook claws and began a good friendship as we return to the present.[/i ]

"Cleva, please tell me you'll stop like I did before you hurt yourself." Flicker begged her friend.

"Flicker... you're right." Cleva sighed, "My problem may be weird, but I'm pretty sure you can help me out, right?"

"Of course." Flicker said as she helped her friend up. "But first, let's get this armor off of you."

"Follow me, darling." Rarity said, "I'll make you some clothes that are more comfortable." The two dragonesses followed Rarity to her sewing room as Flicker helped remove Cleva's armor.

"Thanks for the assistance, Flicker." Cleva said as she was freed from her armor and held one claw on her belly, "Worry not little one, you're in good hands."