• Published 26th Jan 2017
  • 497 Views, 11 Comments

Princess Angel Lightning (aka;Queen Vampira) - Stryker-Shadowpony-Blade



Is she a princess? Is she a queen? She is both. Is she a changeling? Is she a vampire? That is a mystery.

  • ...
13
 11
 497

Prologue

Hello, my name is Princess Angel Lightning. The story I am about to tell you is the story of my life. I go through many changes in magical abilities and physical appearance, even my DNA is changed. I also discover weaknesses I never had problems with before as well, but I eventually find a solution to them one way or another. I hope you enjoy it.............

Long ago, before the existence of Equestria, there lived a powerful race of ponies that controlled many things, from the sun, moon, and stars, to pollinating the plants of the land. They are called Alicorns.

In the west, an alicorn named Chrysalis, who ruled over the insect pegasus ponies. These ponies were like regular pegasus ponies except their wings were that of insects. They were also called "the pollinator ponies" because they were in charge of ensuring the plants stay healthy and strong.

To the north was a crystal alicorn named Rubinus, who oversaw the Crystal Empire. The crystal ponies that lived there were once regular earth ponies that were given crystal coats and the ability to grow crystals like fruit. These were gifts to them by King Rubinus himself, for their devotion and loyalty to him and his kingdom.

And in the east lived two alicorns who controlled the sun and the moon. King Astral Light was in charge of the moon each night. His wife, Queen Lucena, rose and set the sun every day.

One day, they had a white, pink haired filly. They named her Celestia. Five years later, they had a pair of twins, one dark blue with light blue hair, whom they named Luna. And the other jet black with jet black and blood red hair, which they named Angel. That is me.

I was different from my twin though. I had a second set of perfectly functional eyes on the sides of my head behind my first set. I also had a second pair of front legs as well. My back legs, wings, and horn were normal.

As we grew, and learned to talk, we both came up with a nickname for our older sister. I would call her "Les", and Luna would call her "Tia". We quickly learned to say our nicknames for her back-to-back so fast it sounds like one pony saying "Lestia". We even tried reversing who says what, but Les could tell the differences in our voices very easily, even without looking at us. It would make our parents laugh just watching me and Luny, that's my nickname for Luna by the way, try to fool our older sis. I even figured out how to call both of my sisters at once, I just have to say, "Les n Luna". Kind of sounds like "Less in Luna", right?

Our parents gave us lesson in magic and flight. We all learned quickly, but I excelled at it. Even though I was the youngest, I sometimes had to help Les with her lessons. She was kind of stubborn at first until I gave her the idea that she could be better than me if she let me help her. It was funny watching her struggle and sometimes couldn't keep myself from laughing at her failures. I know it was mean to laugh at her, but who could keep it in?

One day, we were having more lessons when a sudden unnatural lightning storm rolled in. Our parents knew just by looking at it that it was dangerous to stay out there and told us to follow them to safety. But I didn't hear them. Something about the storm was calling out to me and I couldn't figure out what. Suddenly, a bolt of lightning shot out of the clouds towards me and my parents screamed. I instinctively tried to protect myself with my wings just as it stuck me.

But something strange happened. Instead of the pain I was expecting, I felt a tingling sensation. Curious, I looked at myself and found that the lightning was swirling around my wings. As I flapped them, the lightning grew brighter and brighter. Then, I decided to fly into the clouds themselves. So, what did I do? I flew straight for the center of the storm. As I got closer to the center, the lightning hit me more and more frequently, until I could see nothing but bright light all around me.Still, I kept flying.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the lightning stopped and I burst into a lit clearing in the center of the clouds. And right in the very center of the clearing floated the most beautiful thing i had ever seen. A deep, dark black diamond. It seemed to be the source of the lightning.

"Are you worthy of being my host?" a rich, feminine voice echoed suddenly.

"W-w-who said that?" I stammered, looking around, frightened. "Where are you?"

"I am right in front of you." the voice responded.

I look at the floating gem, confused.

"I am Tesla." The gem pulsed as the voice spoke, and I realized that the gem itself was talking to me. "I have been searching for thousands of years for a worthy host who can control my power. Now, I ask you again, are you worthy of being my host?"

"I-I-I....I don't know." I stuttered. "Why have you chosen me?"

"I didn't choose you specifically. But, you are the only one to make it this far into the storm I have created to protect myself from those who would misuse me. Are you worthy?"

I hesitate before saying, "I don't know if i'm ready for such divine power. I'm only a little filly."

I hear a laughing sound come from the gem, Tesla. "You are definitely worthy of being my host. Anypony who is as innocent as you and who can call my power "divine" is worthy to be called a Lightning Elemental."

"A Lightning Elemental? What is that?"

"A Lightning Elemental is a powerful pony that can control lightning itself. He, or she, can also sense all electric currents in other ponies, water, and anything that has electricity. These are the powers you will gain by accepting me as a part of you. Will you accept me? If so, then tell me your name."

I hesitate for a moment. Then, "Angel. My name is Angel. And I am an Alicorn Princess."

"Then take me into your horn and become, Princess Angel, the Lightning Elemental."

I nod, fly closer to Tesla, and touch my horn to the beautiful black diamond. I am blinded by a bright flash of light and find myself frozen, suspended in midair, unable to even flap my wings. I'm scared out of my mind, afraid I'll never move again.

Then, as suddenly as it started, the light faded and i found i could move again. I looked around and saw my parents flying towards me, my sisters following close behind. Les n Luna tackles me midair and I have to keep flapping my wings to keep us all airborne. Then our parents trap us all in a sandwich hug. Mom was the first to break away. I look at her and, seeing the look on her face, I knew I was in trouble. When she opens her mouth to scold me, she looks at my wings and gasps instead.