• Published 26th Jan 2017
  • 497 Views, 11 Comments

Princess Angel Lightning (aka;Queen Vampira) - Stryker-Shadowpony-Blade



Is she a princess? Is she a queen? She is both. Is she a changeling? Is she a vampire? That is a mystery.

  • ...
13
 11
 497

Chapter 4-Princess Twilight Sparkle, Our Foalsitter

"I apologize," said the invisible mare, "I am Princess Twilight Sparkle.”

Hearing this, I wanted to see if I could get a better look at the invisible princess, even though I knew I would only see the same outline of her I saw a few minutes ago. So I imagined myself becoming lightning, traveling up the door, through the crack between the doors at the top, zipping to the rafters just under the ceiling, and reforming as myself right on top of one of the beams. And that is just what I did, finding myself right where I wanted to be.

I look down at the princess and then my parents and I notice that they can see her clearly.

“I noticed you mentioned Luna and Celestia,” mom said, “but you didn’t say Angel. Is she not there with her older sisters in the future?”

Princess Twilight put her right hoof to her chin and I can see her thoughtful expression.

“I don’t remember them ever mentioning that they ever had a younger sister,” replied the Princess after a pause.

“Oh dear,” said mom, with a worried expression. She thought for a minute. Then she looked at the princess, “I think I know why you were brought to this time.”

“You do?” Princess Twilight asked.

“Yes,” mom replied, “I do. When you said you were here mentally, I got to thinking. What if you are also here spiritually as well? You might even be able to use your magic here as well.”

“My magic didn’t work in any of the other times I saw the past,” the invisible Princess argued.

“Just try it,” mom encouraged.

“Okay,” she sighed. She looked to the left and set her gaze on something across the room. She closed her eyes and lowered her horn. She charged her horn with purple magic and, out of the corner of my eye I saw something moving. I looked up at it and saw that it was one of our vases, floating up off of its stand, surrounded by the same purple magic that was coming from her horn.

I was so excited for her that I started jumping up and down on the rafter I was standing on, and I slipped and fell off, giving a little yelp in the process. I heard the sound of glass breaking as the vase hit the floor just as I managed to stop my fall with my wings. I look at the princess and see that she is looking directly at me.

“You’re supposed to be in bed, young mare.” I look at my dad, who is looking up at me with his “You’re-in-big-trouble-young-filly” look. I fly down and land right in front of him, with my ears flat against my head. He’s about to say something to me when he is interrupted by a laugh coming from behind me. I look back and see that it was the princess laughing.

“Don’t get mad at her because of her curiosity,” she says to my dad. “She only sneaked back in because she wanted to know about me.” She looks at me. “Right, little miss lightning?”

I nod my head vigorously. “Yes, Princess Twilight Sparkle.” Then I realize what she called me. “’Little miss lightning’?” I inquire.

“Please, call me Twilight,” she says, “and I called you that because I happened to be looking at the door when you bolted through the crack between the doors at the top. That’s an impressive ability you’ve got. Reminds me of my little sister.” She pauses, “Huh, come to think of it, you and her have the exact same name.” She looks at my flank. “And the exact same cutie mark.” Another pause. “Can you make music with the lightning you make with your wings?”

“How did you know?” I asked, surprised.

She smiles. “Because my sister can do the same thing.” She looks at my mom. “Your highness, you haven’t told me why you think I was brought to this time, as more than just a spectator.”

“That’s right,” mom replies. “I think you were brought here to help look after our little fillies.”

“You mean, as a foalsitter?” Twilight asks.

“Yes, as a foalsitter.” mom agrees. “Will you help us look after them? Me and Astral can’t always watch them. Especially since we’ll be going to meetings with the other Alicorns to discuss how we are going to fight the chaos bringers.”

“Sure,” Twilight responds, “I will do everything in my power to keep them safe.” She thinks for a minute. “There’s one thing that puzzles me though. The three of you seem to be able to see me, but Luna and Celestia didn’t notice me at all as they passed me leaving the room.”

“Actually,” I say, “I can’t see what you look like. I can only see an outline of you. I can also sense your bio-electricity. That’s how I sensed you in the first place.”

“Oh,” said Twilight, “I see.”

“Anyway,” I say, yawning, “I think I better go to bed, now.”

“I’ll come with you,” Twilight says. “Good night, your highness, your majesty.”

“Good night, Twilight,” dad said.

“Good night,” mom replies. “I assume you’re sleeping with the girls then?”

“I think I should,” Twilight responds. “I think that’s the best way to watch over them.”

“I agree,” said mom.

“Lead the way, Angel.” says Twilight.

“Okay,” I respond.

As we are walking toward my room, I can’t help but think about the worried expression on my moms face when Twilight told her that Luny and Les never mentioned me to her in the future. I look at Twilight and see her looking at me, concerned.

“Something on your mind, Angel?” she asks me.

I hesitate. “I die in the future before you’re born, don’t I?” My question throws her for a loop, because her face goes completely blank, and I’m sure if I could see the color of her face it would be snow white.

“W-w-what makes you think that?” She stutters.

“You saying that Les n Luny never mentioning having a younger sister, and moms worried face right after.” I reply, bluntly.

She sighs, “Yes you do,” she says quietly. “I even know how, because the potion I drank that brought me here showed me what happens to you and where. But that’s not something you need to know. I don’t want to break the flow of time by giving you that information.”

“I understand,” I reply. “I won’t ask for details, I promise.”

“Glad to hear that. Wow your room is beautiful.” she exclaims as we enter my room, that I share with Luny.

I look at said sister and see she is fast asleep. I yawn again.

“We should do the same,” I say, climbing in my own bed, and moving over to let Twilight join me.

“Thanks,” she says, climbing in next to me. “Good night.”

“Good night, Twi,” I say back.

I had no idea that the one who would need protecting wasn’t me, but the one from the future.