• Published 21st Jan 2017
  • 1,398 Views, 22 Comments

My Little Pony: A Race Against Time - CJ Esmerio



Twilight and her friends have faced many challenges, but when they meet a mysterious and revenge-seeking pony that has them traveling around other worlds, things start to take a big turn.

  • ...
2
 22
 1,398

Chapters Next
Prologue

My Little Pony: A Race Against Time

Chapter 1: Prologue and Tanked

On a dark and stormy night, at a secret location that was in the Everfree Forest, a sinister plan was nearing its completion.

"Are you sure that all of them will be heading to the Crystal Empire?"

The voice belonged to a cloaked and hooded figure that was in front of a burning fireplace... while his reluctant servant was standing in the middle of the room.

"Um... yes, sir," replied the Earth Pony, whose name was Casey. "Even the two little ponies."

"What about the winged one?"

Casey replied, "The little Pegasus is too sick to make the trip, but they all-"

"No matter, it will not make that much of a difference," interrupted his master. "All that matters is that, starting tomorrow, my revenge will be final..."

With a grin, the cloaked animal added, "And there's nothing that anypony can do about it!"

Casey gulped, and said, "Well, um, if that will be all, sir, then..."

He began to head towards the door, but it suddenly closed shut on him.

"Oh, you aren't quite done yet, slave," said the mysterious figure. "I need you to find that time machine to bring that other pony, and then, I want you to lure all of them into the area that I have prepared in the castle, in order for my plan to work."

"But how am I supposed to-" began Casey, but he instantly stopped talking when the flames began to grow brighter.

"Do not question me, you worthless pony! Just get them into that room, or else I'll make you regret it!"

As the door re-opened, Casey quickly nodded his head. "Yes, sir... thank you, sir..."

Whoosh!

Once the Earth Pony was gone, the cloaked figure began to grin in an evil way.

"You may think that 'friendship is magic', Twilight Sparkle," laughed the pony. "But you've never encountered my magic!"

Then, he began to let out an evil laugh.

"Ha-ha-ha... ha-ha-ha-ha! Ha-ha-ha-ha!"


With the doors now closed, the Friendship Express began its journey from Ponyville to the Crystal Empire.

Aside from the conductor, the only occupants aboard the train were Twilight Sparkle, as well as the rest of the Mane Six, and Twilight's number-one assistant/"little brother" Spike.

They had also brought along Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle, who were the little sisters of Applejack and Rarity.

Unfortunately, Scootaloo (the little Pegasus pony that idolized Rainbow Dash) was currently under the weather, and could not join them on the trip.

"Are you alright, Starlight?" Twilight asked, looking at the unicorn sitting next to her.

Her name was Starlight Glimmer, and she was a reformed magical unicorn that had become a new friend of theirs, as well as Twilight's friendship pupil.

"Yeah, but I'm just... feeling a little nervous of seeing Sunburst," admitted Starlight, who was referring to her long-time childhood friend that had knowledgeable skills in magic.

"I haven't seen him since we first met Thorax there."

Twilight placed a comforting hoof around her shoulder. "I'm sure that he'll be glad to see you, especially since you saved all of us from Chrysalis. Plus, wasn't he the one who sent Thorax to help?"

Before Starlight could reply, however, a certain blue Pegasus was starting to chuckle. "I don't think she's feeling nervous at all, Twilight."

"Well, what else would it be, then?" asked the Princess of Friendship.

Rainbow rolled her eyes. "Seriously, Twilight? I thought you knew everything!"

While Twilight appeared confused, Starlight began to blush. "Don't be silly, Rainbow, I don't-"

"Ooh, ooh, I know, I know!" exclaimed Pinkie Pie, an Earth Pony that should never be questioned.

She took a deep breath, and said, "Starlight is starting to discover feelings for Sunburst, so she isn't feeling nervousness in her stomach, it's butterflies because she likes him!

"Plus, I'm sure that she knows that he knows what we didn't know until we actually did know about her and Discord and Thorax and Trixie saving us from that evil queen and all of the Changelings becoming good-"

"Um, Pinkie, that isn't what I-"

"But she's also worried about what will happen when he finds out that she had us all under her mind-control, or that your castle almost became a water-animal park, or even when she tried creating a spell that would erase Hearth's Warming Eve forrreeevverrr!"

Once Pinkie had finished, everyone had no idea what to say.

"Um, that last one was Snowfall Frost, Pinkie," corrected the purple alicorn. "And is she right, Starlight?"

The blushing unicorn said, "Um... well... I don't know..."

"But, um... haven't you known him since you were a filly?" asked Fluttershy, a shy and yellow-ish Pegasus that represented the Element of Kindness.

Starlight replied, "I mean, yeah, but that doesn't mean I-"

"And, didn't you help him realize his true potential, darling, during the whole incident with Flurry Heart?" said Rarity, a white unicorn that had an incredible fashion designer sense.

"Well, he was the one that knew what spell to-"

"And why else would your face be blushing as bright as the apples from Apple Acres?" added Applejack, who was an Earth Pony that had the Element of Honesty.

Before Starlight could reply back, Applejack's little sister said, "Aw, you don't gotta be so nervous, Starlight, your wizard friend's a cool unicorn!"

"Yeah, definitely," added Sweetie Belle, who was Rarity's younger sister. "Besides, it's not like you're Spike whenever he tries to-"

"Ssshhhhhh!" exclaimed the little purple dragon, but then, he noticed all of the ponies looking at him now. "What?"

"What did she mean by that, Spikey-Wikey?" Rarity asked, while the others rolled their eyes since they were all well-aware of the dragon's crush on the beautiful unicorn.

"Er, well," said Spike, now thinking fast. "It's whenever I try to... um... avoid being ambushed by the fanatic Crystal Ponies!"

Everyone except Rarity sighed, while Spike continued on. "Yeah, I mean, they'll probably be all over me more now that they know I was Thorax's first friend."

"What does that even-" started Starlight, but then, Twilight turned her head towards her.

"Starlight, it's okay to feel... strange... at times like this. I'm sure Sunburst will at least appreciate the visit."

Her pupil smiled, and nodded her head. "Thanks, Twilight."

"Of course," replied the purple unicorn.

"Besides," said Applejack, suddenly showing a sly grin. "You're just like the way Twilight was when she bumped into that one guard at Canterlot."

"I told you I don't know anything about him," said Twilight, who was starting to blush, as well. "He was just-"

"A pony that reminded you of a person you met in the other world that Sunset Shimmer stays at now," interrupted Pinkie Pie. "And that danced with you at the Fall Formal, as well as hugging you after you won the Battle of the Bands to beat the Sirens-

*gasp*

"But then he met the other you that's not really interested in him, so after talking to Sunset, he decided to accept the fact that you're probably never ever going to come back, unless the crack in the portal that's releasing energy beams does make you come back!"

At first, no one said a word... for at least a minute, which is when Spike asked, "How did you know all that stuff, Pinkie?"

She simply gave a small shrug. "But enough about me... do we know if Starlight likes Sunburst, or what?"

Starlight groaned, and began to slide downward to the floor, feeling embarrassed.

"Wow," said Pinkie Pie. "I wish I could do that!"

Author's Note:

"My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" belongs to Hasbro and DHX Media

Chapters Next