• Published 21st Jan 2017
  • 1,385 Views, 22 Comments

My Little Pony: A Race Against Time - CJ Esmerio



Twilight and her friends have faced many challenges, but when they meet a mysterious and revenge-seeking pony that has them traveling around other worlds, things start to take a big turn.

  • ...
2
 22
 1,385

PreviousChapters Next
A Special Connection

Author's Note:

"My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" belongs to DHX Media and Hasbro, while Stardust Balance and "A Journey Beyond Sanity" belongs to the Warrior of Twilight.

When Twilight finally returned to the castle, Spike was surprised to see that she was tired.

"Long day, Twilight?"

"Uh-huh," replied the young alicorn, before she released a yawn. "I had to deal with two versions of Rainbow Dash... ours, and the one from Sunset's world."

Looking over at Spike, she asked, "What about you? How was your day today?"

[Flashback]

"Oh, you are so adorable," swooned EG Rarity, giving the little dragon a hug.

"Hey, you leave my Spikey Wikey alone," replied Rarity, a frown on her face.

"Ooh, you even have an adorable nickname!" EG Rarity cried, her face beaming with happiness.

As for Spike, he couldn't believe what was happening. "Best... day... ever..."

[Present]

"Eh, nothing much," said Spike, as he tried hiding his grin from Twilight. "But Starlight has been in her room almost all day."

"Really?" Twilight said, surprised. "Wow... how come?"

As the young dragon led the alicorn to her pupil's bedroom, he replied, "I'm not sure exactly... I was actually going to give her this cup of tea."

Once they were in front of Starlight's door, Twilight knocked on it a few times, and asked, "Starlight? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine... you can come in, if you want."

So, Spike turned the doorknob, opening the door, and they saw Starlight sitting up in her bed, with a book on her lap.

"I made you some tea," said the young dragon, offering the cup to his friend.

Starlight smiled, and graciously accepted the warm drink. "Thank you, Spike..."

"He said that you've been in here almost the whole day," said Twilight, concerned for her friend. "You didn't work too hard while taking care of Sunburst, did you?"

The purple unicorn shook her head, and after taking a sip of the tea, she replied, "It was probably just a bad day for me... the last thing I remember was coming home, talking to Casey... and that's it."

"Well, as long as you're okay, that's good for me," said Twilight, giving her a smile. "Good night, Starlight."

"Night, Starlight," said the small dragon.

"Good night, Twilight... night, Spike, and thanks for the tea."

With that, Twilight and Spike left the room, with her #1 assistant saying, "Where is Casey anyway? I haven't seen him all day."

"I'm... here... Spike..." The Earth Pony said, suddenly appearing in front of them, and sounding breathless. "Rainbow... Dash... fast... pony..."

Twilight chuckled, and looked at her reptile friend. "Spike, you mind making another cup of tea?"

"No problem, Twilight," said Spike, as he headed over to the kitchen.

Casey looked at the alicorn princess, and said, "I'm so glad that you were able to convince her to go back to Sunset's world..."

Twilight frowned, in confusion, and replied, "I thought you were the one taking her back."

"No, I only took the other Rarity back," said Casey, also confused.

Twilight tilted her head to the side. "Then, who is... Pinkie!"


"Uh, what kind of world is called Cupcakes?" EG Rainbow asked.

The pink-colored pony shrugged, and said, "I don't know... you want to find out?"

Before EG Rainbow could reply, Twilight burst into the room, and cried, "Pinkie, don't... oh... you're both still here..."

"Hiya, Twilight," said Pinkie, waving one of her limbs. "I was just helping the other Rainbow go home."

"Well, thanks, Pinkie, but I can take it from here," said Twilight, walking over to the side of the machine.

Pinkie became silent, for a moment, before she nodded her head, and left the library.

"Wow, Twilight," said EG Rainbow, shaking her head. "And I thought our Pinkie was strange..."

"I try not to question it," said Twilight.


Limbo

After seeing that nighttime had fallen in both worlds, Miles let out a yawn, and used his imagination to have a bed appear in front of him.

Tired, are we?

"Hey, even ponies like me need sleep," muttered Miles, his eyelids beginning to close as he climbed into bed. "I ain't some immortal vampire."

But before going to sleep, his inner voice had one more thing to say.

If what you say is true... and Twilight IS gone... keep in mind that she's probably watching over you... imagine what she'd say...

A small tear dropped down from one of Miles' closed eyes, and he said, "I told you... it doesn't matter anymore... and she wouldn't watch over someone like me."


Stardust's World - Twilight's Castle

The alicorn princess, young dragon, and human-turned-pony were currently sound asleep, in their own rooms.

All of the lights were turned off, and everything seemed normal... but, then, in Twilight's bedroom, a white and ghost-like orb suddenly appeared.

It floated in the air, hovering above the young pony, and slowly descended towards her head, fading away as it entered Twilight's mind...

Then, a few minutes later, Twilight suddenly woke up, taking several deep breaths, and quickly jumped out of her bed.

She left the room, wanting to check her special somepony, and once she reached the door to his room, Twilight carefully opened it...

A smile appeared on her face as she found Stardust sound asleep, his mouth mouthing a few words that she couldn't quite make out.

"Stardust?" Twilight whispered, nudging his body with her hoof.

The young pony remained silent, and as she gently traced her hoof alongside his face, a smile appeared on his face.

I wonder if he's dreaming about me, thought Twilight.

As an answer, Stardust sleepingly muttered, "Go, go, power ponies..."

Trying to hold back her laughter, Twilight made a mental note to remind him of that moment, if the time ever came, and before leaving the room, she gave him a soft kiss on his cheek.

"Good night... my warrior..."

Then, once she was out of his room, Twilight returned to her own bed to sleep... unaware of the fact that the ghost-like orb was still in her mind.

PreviousChapters Next