• Published 21st Jan 2017
  • 1,393 Views, 22 Comments

My Little Pony: A Race Against Time - CJ Esmerio



Twilight and her friends have faced many challenges, but when they meet a mysterious and revenge-seeking pony that has them traveling around other worlds, things start to take a big turn.

  • ...
2
 22
 1,393

PreviousChapters Next
Mistakes, Part 2

Author's Note:

"My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" belongs to DHX Media and Hasbro, while Stardust Balance is owned by the Warrior of Twilight.

With the doors now closed, the Friendship Express began its journey from Ponyville to the Crystal Empire.

Aside from the conductor, the only occupants aboard the train were Stardust, Twilight, and the rest of the Mane Six, along with Spike and Starlight.

"Are we there yet?" muttered Rainbow, as she lowered herself in her seat. "I'mstarving!"

Stardust rolled his eyes, and he said, "Wejustleft the station a few minutes ago, Rainbow... did that breakfast at the castle not fill you up?"

"I guessnotif my stomach's still growling," replied the young pegasus.

Applejack shook her head, and said, "For the love of hay, Rainbow Dash, you eat more than my pigs do…"

The talented flyer just rolled her eyes, and she replied, "So, I'm hungry again… what's the big deal?"

As the two ponies continued to argue with each other, Twilight looked at Stardust, who was quietly looking out the window, and said, "I know you don't like when I bring this up, Jack, but it's been three weeks since… you know…"

"Yes, love, I am aware of that," replied Stardust, letting out a sigh.

Three weeks had passed since he and Casey had "ended" their friendship, and unfortunately, neither of them had decided to be the "bigger pony" by apologizing to the other about what had happened.

"But I'm not going to ruin the happiness that he probably has in his life right now by just showing up with an apology forpretendingto be angry at him… plus, if he'd wanted me to come, he or the other Twilight would have called from their communicator."

Twilight raised an eyebrow, and she said, "Well, maybe it was because you told them that if they ever needed help, you wouldn't be there."

"I don't always say the right thing, love," said Stardust, giving her a small shrug. "Besides, this probably would have happened one day anyway, so-"

All of a sudden, before he could finish his sentence, the train came to a screeching halt, and almost everypony fell out of their seat.

"Starlight, your mane's covering my face," muttered Stardust, since the purple-colored unicorn had fallen into his lap.

"Oops, sorry, Stardust," apologized Starlight, who quickly moved away from her friend.

As Rainbow flew in the air, she let out a sigh of relief, and said, "About time we got here! I'm ready to eat a whole lot of-"

"Um, I am not sure we arrived just yet, darling," said a confused Rarity. "The train's never stopped this so sudden before."

"And I'm getting abadfeeling about this," added Stardust, who started to frown, and he started walking towards the doors to see what was going on.

ZZZZZZZTTTT!

Suddenly, sparks of electricity began to appear around the door, and Stardust stepped back a little bit.

"What the[BEEP]is-"

Before he could finish his sentence, the door was pulled off by its hinges, and Stardust immediately got himself into a fighting position.

"Alright, who in the hell is out there?"

To everyone's surprise, an unfamilar voice began to speak.

"Why don't you all come outside, and find out?"

Then, Stardust felt himself being lifted up into the air, and pulled straight out of the cart!

"Jack!" yelled Twilight, and she immediately ran out to go after him, followed quickly by the rest of her friends.

She found him lying nearbh on the dirt-covered ground, and started to help him stand up.

"Are you okay?"

While Stardust nodded his head, Pinkie looked around the barren landscape that they were in, and said, "Huh, I didn't know we were going to Starlight's old village."

"Um… we weren't, Pinkie," replied Fluttershy, feeling confused and a little afraid. "What is going on?"

"I'm glad you asked, Fluttershy."

The mysterious voice had returned, and everyone saw that it was coming from a black-colored Earth pony, who stepped out of his hiding spot, with some sort of octangular-shaped device placed over his left eye.

"My name is Elixir, little ponies…thisis going be the day when I take over all of Equestria, and send each and every one of you here to a place where I don't have to worry about you all ruining my plan."

Stardust let out a sarcastic laugh, and he said, "Look, new pony, I don't think you know who you're dealing with…"

"Oh, I think I do,Stardust Balance," replied the sinister pony, his muzzle becoming a smug smile. "But before I continue…Ronxor!"

Everyone watched as a silver-colored Pegasus appeared from out of nowhere, and hand the other pony a book-sized device that (to Stardust) resembled a gun.

"Okay, what the hell isthatsupposed to do?"

A wide grin appeared on Elixir's face, and he replied, "Let me show you…"

Then, he fired the weapon, and in a matter of seconds, a blue-colored energy blast flew straight at Stardust, sending him to the nearest boulder before creating an explosion of dust and pebbles.

"Stardust/Jack!"yelled Twilight and the others, while a smug grin appeared on Elixir's face.

"I know you aren't dead, Stardust, so come out and show me your true power!"

An angry Twilight glared at Elixir, and she was about to attack him with her magic when Rainbow held her back.

"Hold on, Twilight, just wait a sec!"

Before Twilight could say anything, a similar gold-colored energy blast came from the direction that Stardust had been sent to, and Elixir watched as Ronxor was sent flying high up into the air until he eventually disappeared.

Then, a few seconds later, Ronxor came crashing straight down into the ground a few feet away from everypony, and he cried, "I'm… okay… boss!"

Rolling his eyes, Elixir turned around just in time to see Stardust appear, except the human-turned-pony was now surrounded by an aura of gold-colored energy.

"Well, this is a surprise," said Elixir, a smirk on his face. "I thought you lost all those powers when your necklace was destroyed."

Not even bothering to ask how he knew about that, Stardust said, "I have enough to dish out a few surprises every once in a while, a-hole… and right now, you're about to learn that you messed with the wrong pony."

"Oh, isthatwhat you think?" replied Elixir, while Twilight was taking a closer look at the device that was over his eye. "Well, then, by all means… take your best shot."

"I plan to," exclaimed Stardust, and he flew straight towards Elixir, ready to deliver a powerful punch that would send him flyingfar awayfrom them… but to his surprise, the sinister pony blocked it with his own hoof.

What the… Starswirl, how was he able to do that?

Before the elderly pony could give a response, Elixir said, "You need more practice,pal."

Then, he was about to fire his weapon at Stardust again, but got stopped by Rainbow Dash, who delivered a solid headbutt to Elixir's chest, which caused him to fly back a few feet away from them.

"No pony does that to my friend!"

She looked over at Stardust, and said, "You owe me twice now, Star."

"Oh,please, where did you get that idea from?" replied the energy-covered pony, but before he could hear Rainbow's answer, Elixir started to come back, and he didnotlook happy.

"Enough of this nonsense! Ronxor, get his friends out of my sight!"

"Yes, sir!" exclaimed the silver Pegasus, and with a weapon of his own, he fired smaller versions of the blue-colored energy blast at Stardust's friends, who all began to disappear once the blast had struck them.

Ronxor's next target was Rainbow, but before he could fire the weapon, Twilight used her own magic to knock it out of his hooves, and after smashing it with one of her hooves, she said, "Youdo notmess with myfriends!"

Oh, I love it when she acts like that,thought Stardust, who had so much affection for the young princess rignt now, while Rainbow rolled her eyes.

"Enough!"

The trio turned to look back over at a worn-out and enraged Elixir, who now looked extremely upset with them.

"I am not going to let you three ruin all of my hard work!"

Stardust let out a laugh, and he started to shake his head. "Trust me, buddy, it was ruined the moment you chose to mess with the wrong pony."

Then, he slowly began to rise up into the air, and Stardust's remaining power that had come from the effects of his Cutie Mark necklace continued to increase, which somehow also caused his eyes to glow a bright white.

"Get ready to be sent back to wherever it is you came from!"

A hint of fear appeared on Elixir's face, while Twilight and Rainbow had looks of victory since Stardust was about to-

ZZZZZZZZTTTTTT!

Suddenly, several blue streaks of electricity began to appear, and struck the Earth pony before he could deliver the final blow.

"Aaaaaggghhhhh….!"screamed Stardust, who was now going through the worst pain that he could have ever imagined, and he was switching from his normal self to when his "balance powers" were fully activated.

Down below, Twilight and Rainbow saw that it was coming from a cloaked pony that had now made his appearance, but before they could attack him, Elixir said, "Wonderful job, Omega… take care of the others."

Nodding his head, Omega used his other hoof to send a white-and-orange energy blast at Twilight and Rainbow, causing them to fly up into the sky before they were completely out of sight.

Then, he concluded his lightning attack against Stardust, and watched as the injured pony landed in front of him.

"What… did you… do to me?" gasped Stardust, who was now twitching in pain, with tiny streaks of electricity surrounding his body.

"I made it so that you'll know what it feels like to be just like everypony else."

Before Stardust could say anything else, Omega grabbed hold of him, and lifted the young pony up so that they were now face-to-face with each other.

"You think you're special? News flash:you're not"

Then, he scoffed, and from underneath his mask, Omega began to smirk.

"You know, this actually reminds me of how Casey looked before he died."

"Wh… what?"said Stardust, who was becoming shocked and speechless.

"And you know what else? He actually thoughtyouwere going to somehow appear from out of nowhere, and save him from me…"

After a quick shake of his head, Omega added, "No, Stardust… youabandonedhim, and therefore, you easily allowedmeto end his life… so havethaton your conscience,hero!"

With that, Omega used his other hoof to fire an energy blast, and watched as Stardust disappear after flying off into the sky.

PreviousChapters Next