• Published 21st Jan 2017
  • 1,395 Views, 22 Comments

My Little Pony: A Race Against Time - CJ Esmerio



Twilight and her friends have faced many challenges, but when they meet a mysterious and revenge-seeking pony that has them traveling around other worlds, things start to take a big turn.

  • ...
2
 22
 1,395

PreviousChapters Next
New Arrival, Part 2

A few minutes later, just as Twilight had predicted, Spike was by his statue, retelling his incredible story about how he'd saved the Crystal Empire twice.

"Did you have fun?" Twilight asked, a look of amusement on her face.

"Once everyone stopped trying to grab me, yeah," replied Spike, still annoyed with her a little for keeping the doors closed on him.

Twilight chuckled, and looked around the city, admiring the decorations and other fun festivities that her BBBFF and sister-in-law had set up for their baby's first birthday.

"Twily!"

As if on cue, Shining Armor made his way towards his little sister, with Princess Cadence at his side, who was using her magic to push a crib that held Flurry Heart.

"Oh, she looks so adorable!" Rarity said, looking down at the alicorn toddler.

Applejack took a look, and smirked at her friend. "Um, she looks the same to me, Rarity."

The white unicorn rolled her eyes, and said, "Honestly, Applejack, you have no sense or appreciation of style."

"Now, that's just crazy talk right there," replied the farming pony. "This hat right here I got on is part of my style."

"Oh, honestly, darling, of all the ridiculous..." continued Rarity, but Twilight simply ignored her as she went over to talk to Cadence.


Casey was silently walking by the houses of the Crystal Ponies, not taking any part in the festivities.

"Slave!"

Taking a small gulp, Casey went over to a nearby pond, and looked at the water, which dissolved into a reflection of his cloaked master.

"Is the Crystal Mirror still in the castle, or not?"

Casey tried to figure out what were the right words for him to-

"Answer me, SLAVE!"

The Earth Pony winced at his master's raised tone. "No, sir, it's no longer there."

His master scoffed, and said, "No matter, I'll get that mustard-colored pony somehow. You just work on leading the Mane Six into that room."

"But what Spike, Applebloom, and Sweetie Belle?" wondered Casey. "I thought they-"

"You worthless moron, I do not care about a baby dragon or two weak-minded brats," growled the cloaked pony. "All I want you to do is bring the Mane Six into the room, where I will then take care of everything else."

Before Casey could say anything else, his master said, "Just get... it... done."

Then, a small wave of ripples appeared in the water, erasing the image of his cruel master, and leaving a scared Casey to be alone with his thoughts.

Why can't I just do the right thing? wondered the Earth Pony, as he began to have second thoughts regarding his master's sinister plot.

He looked at his cutie mark, which was a silver crescent moon, along with a bright, blue-colored, and eight-pointed star. This isn't who I am.

Did he have feelings for Twilight? Well, yes, but he wasn't exactly in love with her... he just hoped that, maybe one day, they could go out on a date, then see what happened next.

Was he a cruel-hearted pony, like his master? Not in any way whatsoever..

How did he end up serving him, then?

Well, let's just say that, on a day that he was gathering ingredients in the Evergreen Forest for Sunburst, Casey had gone to the wrong place at the wrong time...

So, then, he ended up becoming a spy, reporting anything that he'd seen or heard about regarding Twilight Sparkle and her friends... and, when the time was right, Casey would simply have to fulfill one last task before his services were no longer required.

Let's face it, Twilight would never want to hang out... let alone, go on a date with somepony like me, thought Casey as he sighed, and hung his head down in sadness.

"Casey?"

The Earth Pony turned to see Twilight, as well as the rest of the Mane Six.

"You alright, sugarcube?" Applejack looked at him with concern.

Casey nodded his head, and he said, "Yeah, of course... and I'm sorry for the way that I acted earlier."

"So am I," replied Fluttershy, feeling bad. "I shouldn't have said what I said out loud."

Although the Earth Pony started to blush, he simply waved it off.

"It's fine, Fluttershy. Don't sweat it."

"So, you do have a crush on Twilight, then?" wondered Rainbow Dash, making the other ponies roll their eyes. "What?"

Twilight walked over to Casey, and to everyone's surprise, she placed a necklace around him.

Holding the circular pendant in his hoof, Casey saw that it showed a turtle-dove behind a blue-sky background.

"W-why are you giving me this?" Not that he wasn't complaining, but it just seemed a bit odd to him, as well as the others.

Twilight gave him a warm smile, and said, "Well, I have a similar necklace at home, and as long as you keep that with you, we'll always be friends, no matter what."

Oh... friends... Casey slightly felt a little bit of rejection. Makes sense since she's probably paired better with somepony else.

Noticing his slight disappointment, a blushing Twilight said, "Well, I mean, it could mean something more... possibly... after we get to know each other first?"

Casey instantly felt happier, and replied, "Thanks, Twilight."

Applejack nodded his head, and put a hoof on Twilight's shoulder. "That was somethin' real special, Twi."

Get them to the room, slave...

All of a sudden, as he remembered his master's voice, Casey cleared his throat to say, "Um, if you all don't mind... I'd like to show you a special room inside the castle."

"Ooh, really?" Pinkie Pie said, her curious eyes growing as wide as ping-pong balls. "What kind of special?"

"You'll have to see for yourself, Pinkie," replied Casey, gesturing towards the castle. "That okay?"

Rainbow Dash let out a yawn, and said, "If I eat any more food, I'll end up falling asleep, so... alright, I'm game."

Then, the others started to agree, as well, and Casey said, "Great! Now just follow me, and you'll see something amazing."


Meanwhile...

"Yes, my plan is almost complete!"

The cloaked figure was in the room that Casey would bring them to, and right now, he was looking at the wall paintings in front of him.

There was also five empty statue stands surrounding him. "Yes, this will suit them very nicely."

He looked down at the ground, which had a painted symbol that represented Twilight's Cutie Mark.

"And once the Princess of Friendship is out of the way, there will be NO PONY whatsoever in Equestria that can stop me!"

Author's Note:

"My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" belongs to DHX Media and Hasbro

PreviousChapters Next