• Published 21st Jan 2017
  • 1,385 Views, 22 Comments

My Little Pony: A Race Against Time - CJ Esmerio



Twilight and her friends have faced many challenges, but when they meet a mysterious and revenge-seeking pony that has them traveling around other worlds, things start to take a big turn.

  • ...
2
 22
 1,385

PreviousChapters Next
Mistakes, Part 1

Author's Note:

"My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" belongs to DHX Media and Hasbro, while Stardust Balance is owned by the Warrior of Twilight.

Only a few minutes had passed since Casey and Stardust's argument, and since then, Twilight had been pacing back and forth in the library, wondering what to do.

"Okay, there has to be some way to fix this," said the princess of friendship. "Maybe if I… no, that won't work… oh, I could… ah, no, that isn't it…"

Suddenly, Twilight stopped in place, and it was almost like a lightbulb had appeared over her head. "I got it!"


[Stardust's World]

As he stepped out of the time machine, Stardust did his best to ignore the feelings of guilt that he had inside of himself.

You know that was not the right way to handle things, Jack.

"Oh, don't start with me right now," muttered Stardust, who was also feeling irritated about the things that Casey had said to him. "I did what I had to do, Starswirl."

As he left the library, the young pony quietly made his way to the throne room, but Starswirl was not done talking just yet.

But at what cost? You two have a wonderful friendship, and-

"Dropit, alright?" growled the Earth Pony, starting to frown. "I amnotin the mood right now, so can wepleasenot talk about Ca-"

"Yes, Jack?"

Stardust stopped himself after realizing that he was now standing in the doorway of the throne room, and all of the Mane 6 were sitting in their respective seats, except for Starlight and Spike.

Well, this isn't what I was expecting,thought the gold-colored pony.And why does Twilight look like that?

Everypony in the room had a casual facial expression, but for some reason, Twilight had a frown on her face, and she did not look happy at all.

"Take a seat, Jack…"

Stardust nodded his head, and as he sat down in his throne, he gave Spike a look that meant"what is going on", but the little dragon simply shrugged his shoulders.

Looking at the rest of his friends, who continued to remain quiet, Stardust said, "Okay, am Imissing somethinghere?"

"Why did you get into an argument with Casey?" replied Twilight, and before he could deny anything, she added, "The other me told me what had happened before you left their world."

Stardust rolled his eyes, and muttered, "I should have known they would end up talking to each other."

You're on your own for this one, my friend.

After sarcastically thanking the elderly pony, Stardust looked at Twilight, and he said, "I got into an argument with him, love, because Casey doesn't deserve to go through what I - whatwego through any longer… and neither do his friends… so I did what I had to do."

"Getting into a heated argument with him, and saying that you're never going back?" said Twilight, full of disbelief. "Jack, there are so many other ways that you could have handled this situation… ones that didnotinvolve losing a friend."

"Oh, my way was notthatbad," replied the young pony, even though part of him was agreeing with Twilight's statement. "Look, love, I know what I am doing… remember what happened here with my other self? When this castle was turned into a stadium?"

Twilight remained quiet, for a moment, as the memories of those events came back to her, and Stardust added, "I juststoodthere, andwatchedas Evil Me beat the living [BEEP] out of Casey… and then, when Evil Me caused the whole place to explode, I couldn't save him from-"

"Explode?" interrupted Rainbow, who was confused since she remembered things differently. "I don't remember that happening when me and my other self came back to stop Evil You from hurting everyone."

"Oh, yeah, that was when Stardust and Casey became that super-super pony, and beat the stuffing out of Evil Stardust, and after saving the other Twilight, Starcade kissed her because-"

Twilight held up her front left-hoof, causing Pinkie to stop talking, and she said, "Thepointis… Ireallywish you would have handled this better, Jack, or at least came tomefirst before deciding to just take it in your own hooves."

Stardust was about to defend himself, but then, to his surprise, Applejack said, "Star, you think that maybe you're gettin' a little bit too worked up about this wholedeathstuff?"

"Huh?"

The country-speaking Earth pony held up her front hooves, and added, "Well, hear me out, Star… I just don't want you to'lose control'or anything like that… and become something that not evenwecan stop, like that one time when… you know…"

For a moment, Stardust's anger went away as he remembered what AJ was referring to, but then, flashbacks of when Evil Stardust tried to destroy the castle came back to him, which included a giant part of the rooftop falling down, and landing on-

"Jack…"

The human-turned-pony looked over at his special somepony, who had the same expression as Casey's Twilight when trying to talk to him, and she added, "I know you might not want to, but please make things right with him… is the friendship that you two have not worth saving?"

Remembering what had happened with Casey during their race, and the way that Twilight's other self had looked after seeing her loved one in pain, Stardust started to shake his head.

"I've already seen enough of my friends die, love… and the last thing I would want to happen is for his Twilight to feel the same way that you did after the wholeTirekincident."

Having already felt enough guilt, Stardust began to walk out of the throne room, but Twilight said, "Jack, this isn't the-"

"Just let him be, Twilight."

Everyone looked over at Rainbow, surprised to hear that come from her, and once Jack was gone, Twilight asked, "Why would you say-"

"Because I sort of know what he's going through," replied Rainbow, referring to the time that she had her own feelings of guilt because of the way she had treated Stardust. "So, it's gonna be a while before he even considers talking to Casey."


While Casey was still asleep, allowing the medicine he had took to help lessen the pain coming from his ribs, Twilight continued to pace back and forth in the library as she waited for Stardust to (hopefully) come through the time machine.

If anyone can fix this friendship, it's me, thought the alicorn princess.Well, technically, it's another version of me, but still, this should be simple enough for me - I mean, her to fix.

WHOOSH!

Twilight's face lit up with happiness as she watched the time machine become activated, but to her surprise, it was her other self that stepped out instead of Stardust.

"Oh, hi, Princess Me," said Twilight, who gave him a polite smile. "How did it go? Is he going to apologize?"

Princess Twilight sighed, and she shook her head, much to Twilight's disappointment.

"I'm sorry, but… it's going to be a while until he decides to come back, ready to apologize."

"And Casey is still recovering from his ribs injuries," said Twilight, who also sighed. "If only I had done more when they first started arguing, we would not have-"

Her other self shook her head, and placed a hoof on Twilight's shoulder. "Trust me, it would have resulted in the same exact way… all that we can do now is hope our special somepony's realize that this is pointless before this gets dragged on too long."

Giving her an appreciative look, Twilight chuckled, and said, "Yeah, I mean, they can't gothatlong with being mad at each other… they'll have to make up eventually."

"Absolutely," replied Stardust's special somepony. "Like, seriously, who can hold a grudge forthatlong?"


A few weeks later

A wide smile appeared on Elixir's face as he said, "Oh, Ronxor… it'sbeautiful."

The silver-colored Pegasus nodded his head, and replied, "Thank you, sir… to be honest, this is my best work."

"Indeed, my friend… great work."

After removing the weapon from the desk, Elixir turned to look at his newest comrade, who wore a hooded cloak that covered most of his body, as well as a metallic mask that covered his face.

"Are you ready for what we are about to do, Omega?"

The cloaked pony nodded his head, and replied, "I have been ready for alongtime, Elixir. You just make sure to keep upyourend of the bargain once all is said and done."

Elixir began to chuckle, and he said, "Oh, don't worry… once Stardust Balance is taken care of, we willallget what we want."

From beneath his mask, Omega started to smile, but then, it went away after Ronxor asked, "So, are you sure we don't have to worry about Casey coming in to, like, stop us from-"

"Thatwon'thappen, you idiot, because he's dead," replied Omega, walking straight up to Ronxor, who did a small gulp. "And you know who could have saved him?"

"Uh, Stardust?" said Ronxor, in a nervous but humorous tone.

"Exactly…" growled Omega. "So, please,thinkbefore youspeak, or I will do the same thing toyouthat I did tohim."

Not wanting to know what that was, Ronxor quietly backed away while Elixir proudly put a hoof on Omega's shoulder.

"I'm glad that we have you with us… Stardust will have no idea what to expect when he faces you."

Omega turned his head up at Elixir, who found himself moving to the side as he replied, "If that pony wants to remain alive, then he'dbetternot cross paths with me… or else he's going to suffer the same fate as his friend."

PreviousChapters Next