• Published 14th Jul 2017
  • 1,331 Views, 18 Comments

Star Trek Online: A Larger World - Admiral Wyatt Stone



Someone has been worried about an old friend from months before the U.A.'s creation. Warp to Canterlot High as Sunset Shimmer goes along on a mission to reveal what she has missed.

  • ...
1
 18
 1,331

Chapter IX: The Chase - Part I

U.S.S. Equestria

The transporter room was set up with a medical team and a stretcher as the crewmen in the room waited for the away team to beam up, within almost ten seconds of arriving, the away team appeared behind a field of energy as the field dissipated and allowed the officers to step off the platform. Some of the crewmembers gasped slightly when they saw Starlight's corpse on Trixie's back, who walked up to the nurse and ordered, "Get her to sickbay, quickly!" Twilight then grew slightly surprised as she'd expected the magician to want to sit in sickbay and watch over her friend's deceased form before she walked up to Trixie and spoke to her.


"Trixie, are you sure you can handle the weapons station?" Twilight asked as her friend answered her.


"Yes, I'm sure..... Starlight would want me to help out here." The two then motioned their friends behind them as they went past the doors and made their way to the bridge, while the medical team placed Starlight's body on the stretcher and took her to sickbay to preserve her body for later.


Upon arriving at the bridge, the group quickly took their positions at their consoles, the previous users assisting them at the second console while Twilight sat down in her seat along with Flash. Spike then grew a worried expression as he saw that Starlight was not on the bridge, he looked to the Princess and asked, "Uh Twilight, where's Starlight?"


"She..... she's dead, Spike. Noye stabbed her with one of his weapons and she's being put into sickbay right now. We don't have time to mourn, though, we have a multiverse to protect." Twilight stated as Spike grew a grim expression before the two faced the viewscreen, which was filled with several ships and weapons from both sides firing at their targets on the battlefield, explosions shook the ship slightly before Twilight noticed the Annorax, the ship was barely scratched on the hull, small plasma leaks and flames emitted from the ship before the Princess looked to Dash and ordered, "Dash, take us towards the Annorax, we can't allow her to escape into their portal without us!" Dash nodded before tapping a few keys on her console and the ship shot forward, fighters being passed by as the ship made it's way to it's target.


The comms panel then beeped and Twilight answered it to hear Wyatt through the speakers. "Mind if we help out, Twilight? We also have a bone to pick with Noye."


"Not at all, stick with us and blast them out of the sky!" Twilight said to her mentor before he responded.


"No problem, Stone out!" The signal cut out and left Twilight, Flash, and Spike to face the viewscreen as their ship sped towards the enemy ships, blue and yellow phaser beams from both the Amarillo and the Equestria impacting the nearby TLF ships, some of them being destroyed with ease as they pursued the Annorax.


Trixie grew a malicious grin as she set the tractor beams up and charged the weapons up with as much power as she could give to them. "This is for Starlight, you SCUMBAGS!!" Trixie yelled out before firing every readied weapon at the enemy ships ahead of them, the phasers and photons hitting the larger Acheros battlecruisers and Krenim destroyers while the tractor beams grabbed the smaller Tadaari frigates and throwing them into the larger ships as they either crippled or destroyed the warships.


The Amarillo, while a small ship, was greatly enhanced as the Chestnut was, as she held off quite the fight, Na'kuhl raiders fell to or ran with major damage from the Amarillo as she dealt them great deals of damage, while the antique ship assaulted the larger Krenim science ships and Daemosh cruisers with phasers and Photons as they raced past the enemy fleet. It wasn't until they'd taken out about 14 out of the 25 ships they'd passed before a larger ship was in front of them, a Khaerops dreadnought, the largest ship class in the Na'kuhl fleet. The ship started to emit a green glow from its front side, signaling a plasma wave charge.


"Plasma wave! Evasive maneuvers!" The ship started to turn away from the expanding wave of energy that would soon hit them before Rarity spoke out.


"Twilight, I'm picking up new contacts, a Federation Pioneer class and a few dreadnoughts!" The group looked to the screen to see the Khaerops' plasma wave shut down immediately as it was hit by several phaser beams and photon torpedoes, diverting it's attention to the newcomers. One of the incoming allies was a small frigate, having a saucer with a small secondary hull under it, along with a pair of pylons and nacelles on the top of the saucer, on the ship's saucer was the ships name and registry. "U.S.S. Kali, NCC-1599"


The ship stopped nearby the two starships before Rarity heard a beep from her console once again and checked it. "Twilight, the Kali's hailing us." Twilight nodded before the fashionista put the signal onscreen. The screen showed a bridge that appeared remarkably similar to the Constitution bridge of the 23rd century, with minor changes, in the center seat sat Commander Tarsi, looking at the Princess with excitement as she spoke.


"I hope we came at the right time, Admiral Garret had lost a few good ships and I managed to spare them for this!"


"Indeed you have, cover us while we pursue the Annorax!" Twilight heard Wyatt's voice say to the Andorian officer through the comms before she replied.


"If you wouldn't mind, the crew of the Kali would like to help out in stopping her, my boys can handle those ships."


"Granted, just be careful when you choose your targets!" Wyatt said before Tarsi replied.


"Aye sir!" The comms cut afterwards to show the three ships facing the Annorax far out in the distance, the trio of ships then accelerated towards the Annorax as they blasted any incoming ships, the frigates falling swiftly while the cruisers and battleships ran or merely kept a distance from the ships.


"Twilight!" Dash called out to Twilight before she turned to see the Annorax generating a portal and was starting to enter it.


"Full impulse, NOW!" Twilight yelled before Dash tapped a key on her console and the ship started to shake slightly as it jetted towards the timeship and its portal. Twilight then tapped on her comms panel and spoke. "Sparkle to Shon, keep those ships away from the archive, we'll take care of Noye!"


"Understood, Chrysalis is bringing in a ship that is being used as her personal flagship, as well as several escorts, we'll hold them off here, so don't worry about us!"


"Understood, Sparkle out!" The comms cut out as the three ships stayed behind the Annorax, which was entering the portal and right as the ship seem to disappear into the portal, the ship started to shake as the three Alliance ships were being pulled into the portal. After the three ships were completely inside the portal, the vortex flashed a few times before it collapsed, leaving the other Alliance and TLF ships to their bloody battle near the Preserver sphere.


~Unknown Realm~


The area of space was nothing but stars and a large planet within the sector, behind the shadow of the planet, a large anomaly formed and flashed several times before four starships appeared out of the portal, the portal closing upon the ships completely exiting the portal. The Annorax maintained fire on the three Alliance ships, which showed no more mercy than their target as they assaulted the ship.


On the bridge of the Amarillo, Wyatt kept his eye on the Annorax as he asked T'Vrell, "Where are we?"


"Unknown, sir. We seem to be in an area that very much resembles Sol, eight planets with the nearby one having a single moon, no starbase or advanced structure of any kind." She then tapped the console again before she looked to Wyatt. "The Annorax is badly damaged, sir, she may attempt to hide."


"T'Vrell, I think you just queued their move, their breaking off!" Elisa said as the crew looked to the viewscreen to see the Annorax turning away and boosting towards the planet, seeming as if it were trying to enter the planet's atmosphere.


"Well, we can play it the hard way, let them cower in the shadow of the planet while we fix ourselves up." Wyatt said as Kapor laughed at the sight of their foe hiding near the planet. The laugh was soon cut off as the ship immediately shook from an unknown force that struck the ship. "What was that?!" Wyatt asked before Kapor tapped his console a few times and waited for a moment before answering.


"It's an unknown ship, sir, it seems to have the armaments of a destroyer, there's only one ship in this system, sir."


"Good, that shouldn't be a problem for us, return fire." Kapor then tapped a few buttons on his console before the Amarillo fired several phaser blasts at the ship, which took a good scratch before the ship retaliated with several laser blasts from the wings of the ship, merely shaking the ship slightly before the alien vessel was hit by another beam from an unknown target, the enemy ship being pushed back as it was hit.


"Sir, that blast wasn't from any of us, I've detected another target, it's..... very small, sir, about the size of a humanoid." Nelen said as he checked his console.


"What? Put it on viewer." The viewscreen changed to show a small humanoid figure floating near the ship, the image was too blurry to get any specific details, but Wyatt could tell that it was apparently capable of navigating itself through space. "Magnify." The image then grew larger as it showed the humanoid figure in greater detail, the being looked to be some kind of robot, with thrusters placed at the feet, along with a sleek design that, upon further inspection, seemed to resemble a female with a bra-like section and a section that seemed to resemble shorts, the head was basically spherical, and had two triangular ear-like thrusters on the head. The being's colors seemed to be mostly white while the clothing sections and a part of the head as well as the ear thrusters seemed to be blue. "What in the galaxy..." Wyatt said as he sat in his chair before noticing the figure move slightly, as if it was communicating to the ship somehow. "Nelen, is there a signal coming from that being? It seems to be moving strangely."


"Not a thing, sir, if it communicates, it must be in the manner that humanoids do." Nelen replied as the crew stared at the strange robot on the screen.


The entity looked at the ship as she readied a weapon built in her arm, she held out her arm and a beam shot from her palm, impacting the alien ship and leaving a scratch before the being heard a beep and a small screen emerged from her chest and she faced it. "Uh, Jenny, I don't mean to interrupt, but do you think that ship behind you might cause some trouble?" The entity known as Jenny turned to the strange ship behind her, the ship didn't resemble anything that the forces of Cluster Prime would build, but for what power it had, they'd definitely want to get control of it.


"I don't know, Brad, let me see if I can talk to it." She was about to fly past the saucer and see the ship's upper section before the ship shot three more projectiles at the Cluster warship, the ship screeched from the impact of the weapons before it exploded in brilliant flames and flying debris. "Well, that takes care of our problem, now let's see here..." The teenage robot then got higher above the ship to where she could see it's name. "Huh, U.S.S. Amarillo, NCC-1976, well that's definitely not a part of the Cluster." Jenny kept examining the strange ship before she heard another beep and Brad spoke to her.


"Looks like they wanna talk to you, Jen, you think we sho-"


"No, I think I got it." Jenny said before she tapped the button on the screen before another screen separated from the main one and showed another sight, a human face, the being had brown hair and mutton chops on his face. "Well.... hello there, you look similar to my friends." The being then spoke back to her.


"Yes, well, I guess we took care of your trouble for you, huh?"


"Uh, Yeeeaaahh, I guess so, but where'd you come from, Mr.....?"


"Wyatt, well, if I were to tell you, we'd have to talk sometime later because were in the middle of a huge fight right now." Wyatt warned the teenage bot before she replied.


"Just as long as you don't hurt any of us, I'll listen."


"Alright, we're from another universe, an enemy from our realm is travelling to other realms to tamper with them, and it seems that your universe is one of those targets." Jenny was about to ask another question before another voice spoke from behind the screen.


"Sir, the Annorax is coming back!" Jenny looked around until she looked back at the planet to see a large ship about the size of one of the friendly ships she'd just seen, the ship looked quite scary looking, but the real terror set in as the officer from before spoke again. "She's firing on the surface!"


"Stop her, before she-" His words were too late as the large vessel known as Annorax fired a projectile towards the surface, eventually hitting the planet before the officer spoke again.


"Sir.. it hit one of the nearby cities on the surface, I can't get a reading on the casualties." Jenny gasped in horror at the sight on the planet below before she looked to the screen and spoke.


"That ship seems to be making a run for it, do you think my friends and I can help you guys out?"


Wyatt gave a pondering expression as he responded. "Even if you don't, well still have to come back to explain what's happening later on, but I believe I can find a way around it if it won't affect your home while you're with us."


"Eh, the Cluster won't be back for a while, they'll want to try and plan another way on trying to get rid of Earth's people, so I think they'll be fine, Besides, we already have something to complain to THEM about."


Wyatt took a breath before he replied. "Very well, if you can get coordinates for your friends, then we can bring them along if you want, but be quick, we can't allow the Annorax to escape." Jenny nodded before she looked to Brad and her mother Nora, who tapped some buttons on a machine before she spoke to her 'daughter'.


"That should do it, send them that, and we're right behind you, honey." Jenny tapped the button on the second viewscreen before another voice sounded on Wyatt's screen.


"Data retrieved, now I'd recommend that you should keep still during transport, it's a very delicate process." Jenny gave a confused look before her friends and family in the other screen were enveloped by waves of yellow energy, disappearing with the fields before the officer spoke again. "Hmm, about 4 of your friends are human, while the other 8 are like you." Jenny rolled her eyes before Wyatt spoke to her.


"Transporters, I can explain that too, now we can beam you aboard o-" He was cut off as Kapor alerted him.


"Sir, the Annorax is opening a portal!" Jenny looked around the ship to find a good entrance, she went full speed to the back of the ship before seeing a set of doors on the aft side of the hull.


Wyatt had apparently noticed what she was aiming for as he spoke. "The shuttlebay, huh? I'm willing to play that risk!" The shuttlebay doors opened, allowing Jenny to boost inside, the moment she'd made it inside, however, the ship jerked to the left before boosting alongside it's allies and chasing the Annorax down into the portal. "By the way, we've sent a medical team down to the planet to help out the town, hopefully there's survivors!"


"Let's hope you're right, Wyatt!" Jenny said as she steadied herself onto the metal floor while the shuttlebay doors shut within seconds, the ship speeding towards the portal before the Annorax entered it. Upon the Annorax's departure, the three Alliance ships entered the vortex before the vortex closed, leaving the area of space around the planet silent once again....