• Published 14th Jul 2017
  • 1,326 Views, 18 Comments

Star Trek Online: A Larger World - Admiral Wyatt Stone



Someone has been worried about an old friend from months before the U.A.'s creation. Warp to Canterlot High as Sunset Shimmer goes along on a mission to reveal what she has missed.

  • ...
1
 18
 1,326

Chapter VI: First Fight

'Human World' Orbit

1410 hours


The two ships was quiet in space as they both sat like sitting ducks in space, not a single weapon or enemy ship could be seen or detected in the system. Shortly after Wyatt and Twilight had given their orders to their ships, supplies were sent to keep the city below ready for hostilities on both air and ground, while the crews onboard the two vessels in orbit wasted no time in getting the ship ready for a skirmish against whatever ship was sitting out there, waiting for the perfect moment to attack them. They unfortunately couldn't get a lock on the ship's location as neither ship could detect them, cloaking was an excellent stealth tactic for many captains to use, but in these cases, it was the weapon of a coward, why would they sit and hide away from two ships rather than come out and fight? Nonetheless, the two ships kept their guard sharp and their orbit steady.


On the Equestria's bridge, Moon Dancer, Sweetie Drops, and their friends all kept their positions at their friends' positions, Twinkleshine watching over the helm, Lemon Hearts focusing on weapons, Minuette keeping a sharp eye on the comms for any detected signals, and Moon Dancer of course had the liberty of keeping Twilight's seat warm for her. The four kept taking a peek or two at the viewscreen, watching out for any allies or enemies that may arrive. After a few silent moments, Lemon Hearts then spoke over to Moon Dancer. "I've managed to set the weapons up to where all arcs will give a decent bite to whatever beastie comes along to snatch us up for dinner, how's our allies?"


"They've just departed a few minutes ago, they should be here an-" Minuette started to answer before a noise on her console and the appearance of a blue portal forced her to pause, turning to look at the sight of several ships emerging from the portal before speaking again. "Saved by the bell, they've just arrived." Minuette then noticed another beeping coming from her console, realizing what it meant before she spoke. "The Enterprise has arrived with the rest of the fleet, they're hailing us."


"Onscreen." Moon Dancer said before the screen changed to Captain Shon sitting in his chair, another officer on each side of him as he spoke.


"I hope we didn't arrive too late, we gathered all of the ships we could spare and made our way here."


"Thanks, nothing's happened yet, but we're keeping an eye out. Twilight and the others had an incident down on the surface and they're getting the place set up for defensive measures." Moon Dancer replied.


"Got it, we'll keep an eye out for any ships trying to break through to the surface."


"Understood." She said before the signal cut out and now showed around 37 ships alongside the Enterprise. Moon Dancer then looked to Vinyl Scratch, who was managing the sensors console. "Vinyl, how's our sensor array? Is that new jamming device you made ready?"


"Oh yeah, if they try to call for help, it won't be coming as long as that thing's running!" She said as she gave a cocky grin and once again turned to her console, which displayed the sensor controls as well as a new button upon further examination, "SCRAMBLE COMMS".


"Good, keep it ready in case we pick up comms signals from enemy ships." Moon Dancer said before she focused on keeping the crew on their feet.


Right near Minuette, Dr. Hooves stood near his console, keeping an eye on his newly made temporal console before it beeped, part of the console's programming was to detect any and all energy signals and alert them to the officer using the console, Dr. Hooves thought it could be useful to detect possible weapons signatures aimed at them, and it would come in good use for what he was about to see. On his console he saw that some kind of energy surge, and quickly analyzing it he saw that the energy field was the size of a large starship, what the ship was, he couldn't tell. "Uh, Miss Moon Dancer, I think I found a problem."


"What is it?" Moon Dancer asked.


"It's some kind of energy signature, and it's large. I think it's some kind of cloake-" He froze in midsentence as he looked to the viewscreen, and a second after he did everyone else also panned their eyes in shock to see a large ship out in the distance of space. The ship seemed to have a ring being held by several pylons which was held from a larger ring from what they could see, but that was all they were allowed to see before the ship started to emit a rainbow colored orb, getting larger before Moon Dancer yelled out.


"EVASSIVE MANEUVERS, NOW!!" She ordered before Twinkleshine shouted out.


"Hold on!" As she said her words, the ship suddenly felt like it was turning downwards, so quickly that everyone immediately held onto their consoles as the ship jetted down under its former spot before they switched to the aft viewer to see a rainbow beam of energy pass over the ship's nacelles, nearly hitting the shields before the ship suddenly jerked up as it did when it went down, now facing the enemy ship as the front viewer came on. From the lower view they had of the ship, what followed after the rings and pylons was a spherical section that held behind it six claw like fins that pointed forward. As they got a good view of the enemy ship, several other ships decloaked around it, some of the ships having sleek, red colored hull with engines emitting plasma that seemed to resemble the shape of a teardrop, while others had a similar design to the lead ship, some of these ships having three curved, cylindrical, wing like sections with domes on the front of each wing, while others had 2 of this same wing style, the larger ones also bearing a brownish color while the small frigates were a blackish color.


"It's the Annorax!" The Doctor exclaimed before he focused on his station before the order was given.


"Red alert! Lock all weapons and fire!" Moon Dancer said as everyone manned their stations as soon as Moon Dancer ordered them all to attack the ships and klaxons blared through the ship.


The screen now showed laser fire blazing all over the viewer, gold, red, turquoise, purple, and dark green colored beams and bolts shot from the two sides of ships, their shields being hit by the beams as the ship shook from the impacts of the weaponry from the enemy fleet. Wave after wave of varying energy beams and torpedoes shot from the Equestria, hitting most of the incoming frigates and crippling most of them and obliterating the others. After the frigates were damaged, the ship spared not a second for the enemy ships before the ship fired another wave of weaponry at the frigates, finally finishing them off before the ship turned towards the other ships. A Valiant class escort closed in on a Daemosh cruiser and blasted several phaser bolts at it, damaging the ship's shields before the ship quickly swung around and went back so it could start another run. The Amarillo also seemed to throw some rocks at the TLF fleet, taking on a rogue Krenim science ship and frigate on her own while the other ships fired on their targets.


Moon Dancer then looked to Minuette as she ordered, "Minuette, contact Twilight, tell her we've got company!" Minuette nodded before she tapped on the console and waited for a response.


~Canterlot High~


The sky had been mostly peaceful for some time, the evening mostly involved everyone gathering and setting up turrets and combat-ready exocomp droids as they prepped the school and any other prioritized areas for defense, the police had been called in as well to help out. But now, one place in the sky was flashing with blinks and glows of light, brighter than any of the other stars in the sky. Twilight looked up to see how the skies were doing when she saw it, random blinks and slight flashes in one spot in the sky. The sight made her grow worried quickly, but her worries were quickly revealed when her combadge chirped. She tapped it and spoke. "What's up?"


"Twilight, get your gear ready, those marauders are here, and they've brought the Annorax!" Moon Dancer said to her friend, forcing a worried expression on Twilight's face, she looked up again before replying to her.


"Keep me informed of what they're sending down, don't let them get to the city, we'll hold off any ground forces here! Sparkle out!" The Princess said to Moon Dancer before she tapped the badge off and began running to her friends.


"Get yourselves ready! They're coming!" She said as she pointed up to the strange spot in the sky, the two crews and gathered cops running to their positions and getting ready to deal with whatever was coming to them. No ground troops showed up yet, but apparently someone planned to give the troops a head start as several plasma torpedoes fell from the sky, mostly hitting granite and small parts of the school, about three houses were hit, some damaged heavily and others lightly. When Applebloom took a look at the battle above, she noticed some more flashes that got bigger with every second, squinting, she noticed that the closer explosions were fighters, both allied and enemy.


"Look out, everyone, we got fighters!" They looked to see Federation Stalker fighters and Na'kuhl fighters flying towards the city, engaging in combat en route. Everyone took cover while some, including Applebloom and Applejack, took the risk of firing at the fighters in an attempt to damage them, about two of them were hit badly by some of the shots the two sisters made, but it was the fighters that had the last hit. Applejack smiled at her sister's effort at damaging the fighters, the two continuing their shooting spree at the enemy fighters as they held the line.


Twilight's combadge once again chirped as she tapped it.


"More trouble Twi, they're sending in ground troops! We're sending what we can to you!" Minuette said to her friend the moment she tapped the badge.


"Got it, we'll keep them off!" She tapped her badge again before looking to the two farm sisters shooting into the sky before she called out to them. "AJ, take cover, ground troops inbound!" The moment she started her sentence, however, three large groups of TLF soldiers had just beamed down, some being immediately gunned down by cops and Twilight's friends while others started to evade incoming weapons fire.


Applebloom noticed the incoming troops and had already started to take cover, but Applejack took a little longer as she got one more good shot at one of the other fighters. By the time she'd fired her rifle, one of the enemy troops had their weapon aimed at Applejack. "AJ, get down!" Appleboom yelled to her older sister.


"Hold on, I'm comi-AAUUGGHH!!!!" She was cut off as the one cocky officer had hit her with a polaron shot to the side of her stomach, she started to fall before being caught by her sister, who fired her weapon at the same time, killing the soldier on the spot.


"SIS!!!" Applebloom yelped in fear as she held her injured sister, laying her down carefully as she looked over to Fluttershy. "Fluttershy, help my sis out here!" Fluttershy ran over to her friend before Applebloom looked down at her sister.


"D-Don't worry 'bout m-me, sis, just take out th-unnnghh... those varmin." Applejack said as she grunted in pain, her sister looking down at her as blood started to leak from her wound. Applebloom crouched down over Applejack with a solemn face at first, but then grew a face that made her look as angry as a bottle of shook-up soda as she spoke to her injured sister.


"Don't ya dare die on me, sis!" Applebloom said before steadying her weapon and fired as many shots at the enemy as she could, not stopping other than to cool the rifle whenever it overheated.


The field was filled with beams and explosions from grenades thrown by both sides, while Twilight and Wyatt's crews were taking out more of the enemy than they were of their troops, the enemy wasn't relenting even slightly, after one group of troopers were killed, another would fill the gap. They seem to want to keep pushing until they'd have control of the area, they wouldn't be getting their prize, though, as the group fought off the invading marauders without hesitation. Wyatt grabbed his rifle and pressed several buttons on the rifle's touch pad before he shot out into the fray, hitting and killing several troops in front of the field, leaving about a third of them remaining. He then grabbed his new Type-2 Phaser pistol and fired both weapons at the incoming troops, old and new. Twilight readied her rifle as she motioned Flash over to her, both of them taking cover under the small barricades they'd set up earlier. Both of them looked to each other for a moment, nodding to each other before they fired their weapons all across the field, hitting almost all of the troops, who fell to the ground dead as they kept watch.


Dash looked to Sunset, who was keeping a lookout for the school gates that still stood unpenetrated, and called out to her. "Sunset!" Sunset heard her and ran over to her as she spoke. "I know you haven't been shown how to fully use one of these, but we need some help here. Can you use this?" She held out a phaser pistol, which Sunset briefly examined, the device seemed to look like a mix of a normal gun and a smartphone from what she could tell. After taking a quick look at it, she answered her friend.


"Yeah, I think so." Dash smiled before handing her the pistol, Sunset then crouched behind the barrier her friends stood behind and took a shot at one of the heavier soldiers that just arrived, a science officer with a polaron pulsewave minigun, upon hitting him, he glowed a bright red before turning to vapor, she'd vaporized her first target.


"YEAH!! Nice shot, Sunset, keep it up!" Dash shouted with a cocky grin before pulling out a plasma grenade and taking a good look at the remaining troops. "This is for Snails, you monsters!!!" She yelled before throwing the grenade, the explosion killing several troops around it.


Sunset grinned at the fact that she'd done excellent at trying her first 'ray gun' as her friends would call them, she kept her focus as she fired several more shots at the incoming soldiers.


Miolii ceased her shooting spree as she looked to Wyatt. "Admiral!" She called him over before they crouched together behind the barricade as the feline spoke.


"I think there's a way we can stop their troops from gathering here, I have my stealth module with me, if you and the others can distract those troops for me, I might be able to give us some time to heal up!"


"I think I can help on that, Admiral." Spike said to the two as she stopped firing her rounds. Wyatt stood with a worried expression before he decided.


"Be careful, do what you can." The two nodded before activating their stealth modules and quickly made their way around the entrance ways, carrying several components as they went to the first setup point.


Applebloom took a moment to check on Applejack after killing about a dozen troopers. Sunset's friends were attending her while she was helping out against the enemy. Her sister was doing better thanks to Fluttershy's assistance, though she could tell that the bloodstain on her sister's stomach which had soaked through the bandages was a sign she'd need to be back on the ship. She knelt down to face her sister again, who looked to her and said, "Ah'll be alright, sis, I just won't be able to keep shootin' for the moment, that.... bastard got me good."


"... Just stay alive for me, okay? we don't want to lose anyone here." Applejack nodded before her younger sister returned to shooting at the enemy soldiers.


Wyatt was focusing his fire on the troops before he crouched under the protective wall and pulled out his communicator. "Stone to Amarillo, what's happening up there so far?"


"Most of our remaining ships have sustained minor damage, but we've lost a third of our ships, we're starting to push back, though, Princess Celestia, Luna, and Cadence have shown up in a star cruiser to provide assistance, and boy I wish you could see the tweaks they've made, sir." Elisa replied to her commanding officer before he finished.


"Excellent, we're working on stopping them from transporting more soldiers to the surface. Keep them off us. Stone out." After putting away his communicator, The Admiral then checked the field, about half of the inhibitors were set up with no trouble at all, allowing him to keep his arms ready for the troopers.


Wyatt then looked to see that the remaining troops had formed a shield around themselves to hold a position in the field, a waste of gear is what Wyatt was seeing as he focused fire on the shields covering the TLF soldiers.


Twilight took a small peek at the enemy foothold as she was refilling her ammo to see one of the troops behind the shield speaking to his communicator attached to his arm, she didn't know what the officer was talking about to the enemy fleet, but she was about to find out.


Sunset kept her ground along with the rest as she struck several troops with her pistol, she was getting a thrill from shooting the enemy several times without getting hit, but the adrenaline turned to excited fear as she heard a strange noise before looking down on her body to see a small field of energy surround her before she completely disappeared in front of her friends, not a single trace of her left.


"SUNSET!!!" The human counterparts of Twilight and her friends all screamed in horror before they looked to the field, the remaining troops tapped their wrist comms before each and every officer disappeared behind a field of energy. The ground assault problem was taken care of, but now Sunset had been kidnapped.


"Twilight then tapped her combadge swiftly before saying, "Sparkle to Equestria, respond!"


"Moon Dancer here, I think we've won, Twi, they're starting to break off. Seems pretty stupid considering how much they threw at us!" Moon Dancer said before laughing over the comms.


"Well we're not done with them yet, get our ships ready, they've taken Sunset!"


"What?! Is that why they're leaving so soon?" The Princess' friend said in a panicked tone of voice.


"Yes, it must be. Wyatt and I are heading back to the ship with the rest, we'll keep the fleet here to protect the planet, but we CAN'T let Noye escape with Sunset, who knows what he could do to her!" She said to her friend before finishing. "Also, get sickbay ready, we've got wounded!"


"Copy that Twi, Moon Dancer out!" The signal cut out before Twilight stood up and announced her plan.


"Everyone, Noye's attempting to escape with one of our friends, we cannot allow him to get away!" The group looked to her with understanding looks before Wyatt spoke up.


"We'll send some reinforcements to hold this place until we can get our friend back and either capture the Annorax or fight them off."


"Well, whether you like it or not, we're coming too!" Dash's counterpart said to Wyatt as he turned to see her and her friends standing with her, all giving an angry look to him before Fluttershy spoke up in defense.


"I know we don't have the kind of battle training like our.. counterparts, but we're not going to sit here while Sunset's probably being tortured right now, we want to help her!"


Wyatt looked to the seven students before he responded. "..OK, just try not to get hurt while you're with us, please. I'm sure Prinicpal Celestia wants you to be as okay as we are." The seven of them smiled before Twilight tapped her combadge and spoke.


"Sparkle to Amarillo and Equestria, 22 to transport, we're going after the Annorax!" Each person in the large group was then surrounded by blue waves of energy, before completely vanishing in the now expired transporter beams. Noye would've wanted to take this place in order to gain a foothold in Equestrian space, so capturing Sunset and attempting to flee was possibly Plan B for Noye, and they couldn't let that madman do whatever he had planned for the young schoolgirl who was their friend.