• Published 14th Jul 2017
  • 1,331 Views, 18 Comments

Star Trek Online: A Larger World - Admiral Wyatt Stone



Someone has been worried about an old friend from months before the U.A.'s creation. Warp to Canterlot High as Sunset Shimmer goes along on a mission to reveal what she has missed.

  • ...
1
 18
 1,331

Chapter X: The Chase's End/A New Piece on the Board

~Unknown Realm (5)~


The sector was more tense than the previous ones, noise encompassed the sector in orbit over a desert planet as a large portal opened, 6 ships flying out from the vortex before it closed, leaving them in the dangerous area of space. Shortly after exiting the portal, the bridge of the Amarillo became more darker after a good hit to the ship's shields from the Annorax disrupted the screen's visual signal, as well as cutting out several lights. The ship continued it's focused attack on the timeship as Wyatt spoke. "Report!"


"Minor damage to hull, our location is again unknown, we seem to be in orbit of a desert-like world, and...." Nelen stopped to look to the screen as he finished. "We are not the only ones in the sector, sir." He tapped his console to change the viewscreen towards another sight, one that brought a gasp from Wyatt as he witnessed it: Over the desert planet, several starships at a much larger scale than any of their ships were in the middle of a colossal battle, Wyatt could tell the difference in the two combating sides as he examined their ships. One side of the fight had varying ships that seemed to have a bulky section that had parts trailing down below the ship, connected to it was a long piece of hull that held a section that from the front and back of the ship seemed to be in the shape of a diamond in a 2-dimensional manner. Another type of ship was larger and seemed to look curved, several bulged sections curving further out from the rest of the ship, much smaller bulges were sprayed all around the ship, several cylindrical engines sporting from behind the ship as well as two short pylons that held another oval-like section on the tops of two tall bulges on the ship. The rest of them were similar to the large bulged ships, but with only minor changes, one variant even seemed to have wing-like sections with bulges as well.


The other side, looking to be the losing side, seemed to have a different style of configuration, but very similar by size, the other ships looked like triangles with bulky sections on the top that slowly became higher until a certain level of the ship, where it was followed by a slim neck that held a nearly rectangular section holding two spheres that seemed to be the bridge, the underside had nothing but a hemisphere-like section that's purpose was unknown to Wyatt at the moment. The battle was nothing but carnage, mostly for the losing ships as some of them were turning towards the surface of the planet, whether it was because of massive damage or suicidal crews, and eventually crashing on the planet, one of the ships looked to be colossal, with a slightly similar design to the rest of the ships and was emitting fire and smoke from the engines. The remaining ships simply continued their barrages on their targets, at least almost all of them. As soon as Wyatt was about to turn to Lon to give orders he noticed two of the ships, one from each side, turning away from the battle and slowly moving towards the Amarillo and her allies, several small craft could be seen coming with them as well, but he couldn't get a good view of the small ships before turning to Lon. "Lon, it looks like some of the locals have noticed us, let's see if we can talk to them." Lon nodded before he tapped his console a few times and shortly after Wyatt could hear a voice speaking from his comms panel, but this voice seemed to have an accent to it.


"Unknown vessels, this is the Imperial Star Destroyer Inflictor, we ask that you identify yourselves!" As soon as the officer's sentence was finished, another voice, this one with no accent, sounded through the speakers.


"Unknown vessels, this is General Nom Carver of the New Republic starship Freedom's Dawn, state your business here." The voice of the other captain said before Wyatt answered.


"Very well, if you won't shoot us afterwards, I'm Admiral Wyatt Stone of the Federation Starship Amarillo, we've come here because an enemy ship of this configuration named the Annorax has entered your universe, as well as many others, and we cannot allow it to cause turmoil in any manner. As you can see, we've made some friends that already have some complaints against them, so if you can either help us in disabling them in any way that we can or stay away from this battle, that would be appreciated!" The Admiral said as he tapped several keys on his other panel before he heard Lon's voice.


"Sir, another ship is arriving, it's the Pastak!" Wyatt looked to the screen to see a blue portal appear before a Wells class timeship exited from the portal, which closed after the ship's arrival. Nom Carver then spoke up again.


"More friends, I assume?" He soon got his answer as another voice sounded through the comms.


"This is the Pastak, we've been ordered to provide assistance to you, Admiral... and I see that you've made some friends." Captain Walker said as Nom spoke again.


"Indeed, and this battle seems to have gotten larger, I believe my crew and I can be of assistance, I'm calling in all my squadrons that I can grab to help, and if we may, follow you and assist in stopping this havoc that your friend there is causing." The Imperial Captain then started up as he calmed down from the previous fight.


"Well, since the Empire has fallen already, I can see that there's no reason to stand up for such a foolish government like them, that damned fool Rax has nearly driven me and my crew to insanity! General Carver, while we have been enemies in the past, I wish to ask for a truce and assist in stopping the Annorax as well, even if we must face trial, at least we'll do something right for a change." Walker then spoke upon his last word.


"I believe that can work, besides, according to the temporal records of this timeline, your two ships end up being destroyed in the battle nearby, but I believe we can work around that. Also, if you can, I'd like to have us all join up at one of our facilities so we can discuss this." Nom's voice then spoke up once more.


"No problem with that, sir, and Captain Ree, don't worry about trial, I think we've started to work for something bigger than ourselves this time."


"Indeed, form up and let's see if we can get their engines and weapons disabled, Stone out." The channel cut out before the two large cruisers slowly turned towards the Annorax, which turned to them and fired with whatever remaining force it had. "Try and break her legs once we can get their shields down again!" Lon nodded to the Admiral before he continued operating on his console, together with their allies, as well as the Freedom's Dawn and the Inflictor, the Alliance ships all kept their focus on the Annorax as they bombarded the ship with weapons fire, from beams and torpedoes to laser bolts and powerful blasts from the Hyperion's Yamato cannon, the Krenim timeship was taking a merciless amount of damage as it's shields quickly came offline. Once the shields went out on the Annorax, the Amarillo fired a torpedo at the ship's spherical section, breaking one of the side domes on it open and almost completely tearing it off as the ship flew back slightly. The scoring hit managed to be the queue for Annorax's retreat, however, as the ship immediately turned away and boosted from the seven ships, activating another portal as expected.


"She's already shattered her shield and she's still able to do that? Stay on her, make sure our friends follow!" Wyatt said as Lon tapped his console a few times before the ship shot forward, racing closer to the Annorax as it started to enter the anomaly.


A signal then sounded through Wyatt's comms as Lon turned to him in an attempt to warn him. "I do wish I could play more tag with your friends, Admiral, but I'm afraid I must attend to more delicate matters!" The signal cut out as soon as it came on before Wyatt turned to Lon and spoke to him.


"Stay with him, tell the others to stick with us, I think we're heading into the eye of the storm!" The ship sped up after his sentence, the other ships following suite as they entered the portal, the anomaly closing behind them and leaving the battle over the desert world to the New Republic and the Galactic Empire.


~The Preserver Sphere~


The battle had lasted for a long time, growing larger with every minute passed as ships were destroyed by weapons fire or ramming and new ones came to replace their positions. Queen Chrysalis and her forces had arrived in kitbashed Klingon warships, a Bortasqu with modified Borg tech being the Queen's personal flagship, in an attempt to assist the Alliance fleet with the TLF as the battle ensued. The bridge of the Enterprise was mostly intact other than several destroyed consoles and small fires around the room, and of course, injured crewmen, around several parts of the room. Captain Shon looked to his current helmsman as he asked him, "Report, Savel, how're our allies holding up?"


"Our ships have taken considerable damage, but we're holding them back. The enemy has lost three fourths of their fleet, they look like their trying to push back and make a post nearby the sphere!" Shon grew worried at her words as he replied.


"Take out as many as you can, we can't let them gain a-" He was interrupted by one of his officers as he spoke up.


"Sir, I'm picking up a portal nearby, the Amarillo is arriving along with the Annorax, and it seems they've brought some friends!" Shon then looked to the viewscreen to see a blue portal in front of their ships, which ejected eight ships from it, four of them being the Annorax, the Equestria, the Amarillo, and the Kali as they flew away from the portal alongside the four other strange ships, the portal closing once they were all back inside the Sphere's space. Shon grew a smile as he replied to his officer.


"Hail Wyatt, Lieutenant, I need to speak to him!" The officer nodded before he tapped his console to show Admiral Stone on the screen, sitting in his chair as he spoke.


"Well, I hope we didn't arrive too late, Captain, as a matter of fact, I've made some friends along the way!" Wyatt said before Shon replied to him.


"Yeah, I can see that, I'm getting Chrysalis and the others on the comms now, shouldn't be much of a problem with you all here!"


"Yes, now let's teach these butchers a lesson about karma!" Chrysalis said in a mischievous manner before Celestia spoke up as well.


"Indeed, they've ended too many lives today, now is the time to quell this massacre!" Celestia then spoke up as her former student finished.


"Well, with our new friends here, that'll be a piece of cake, Princess!" Twilight said before they heard brief snippets of static before another voice joined the talk.


"Not so fast, I believe we have one more thing left to do before we're done with you." Noye said as Shon looked to the screen to see the Annorax boost away from them, as soon as it'd gotten a good distance from the Alliance fleet, another ship joined the Annorax, this one, however, looked different, it had a spherical section that was connected to a marked cylinder-like piece that held three claw-like wings around the ship.


On the Amarillo's bridge, Wyatt's pupils shrunk as he recognized the strange newcomer that sat in space next to Noye's flagship. "No... he wouldn't..." He said silently as Noye then spoke again as the ships faced away from the fleet.


"As you can see, we won't go out so easily, and I believe my good friends here will take care of you swiftly. I had almost wanted to keep toying with you all, but I can see that war calls for desperate measures. Farewell, murderous fools." As soon as his statement was over, the Annorax charged up a large rainbow colored ball of energy before firing it at a very far distance from the two timeships. Upon the beam stopping, a large, bright light filled the sector before a spherical structure far smaller than the Preserver sphere and bearing markings of some sort appeared in front of the Alliance fleet, several other ships similar to the newcomer appeared in front of the Annorax, taking defensive positions as they prepared to fight their targets.


"What is that thing?!" Twilight said through Wyatt's comms as he answered her.


"...It's the Sphere Builders, they've brought in one of their spheres, like the one I encountered during a mission to a realm called the Kelvin Timeline, it was a day before the conference we had recently!"


"What?! What makes you so worried, Admiral?" Ember asked as Wyatt answered the Dragon Lord with worry.


"From what I read in the NX-01's logs, those spheres are capable of generating an energy field powerful enough to tear every ship in the area apart, in other words, if that thing gets enough time to charge up, we're all dead! And unfortunately, there's no way to destroy it from the exterior, but I know a way."


Princess Luna then spoke. "How?"


"It's risky for us, but if we can get an away team aboard that sphere with some bombs to use, then we might have a chance, but we can't waste any time! I'm sending the data to you now!" He looked to T'Vrell, who tapped her console a few times before she nodded to him.


On the Equestria's bridge, Sunset spoke in a more confident tone than her friends had expected. "I think I can do that, send me and my friends along and we'll stop that thing from taking us out!"


Twilight then looked to her as she argued. "But Sunset, your friends haven't been shown how to use those bombs yet! Even if you all know how to use those weapons, you could get yourselves killed, and I don't want to risk you all on this!"


"We know that, Twi, but we want to help, and if we need a tutor for using those bombs, then that'll do! Besides, you're too important to lose, as well as your friends, so please, let us do this." Applejack's counterpart said to Twilight as she pondered for a moment, Creepybloom then spoke to the Princess in a cocky manner.


"Ah think we need to, it'd show them what happens when they mess with other universes, besides, I've always been wanting to give Noye a piece of my mind!" Twilight sat in her chair for a moment before she finally answered.


"....Okay, grab your gear and get ready, and.... please, try to come back alive." Sunset nodded before she and her friends started to head out the turbolifts, Trixie then stood up and spoke to Twilight.


"I know you'll want me here, but may I go along with them? I think they'll need a good marksman." Twilight took a second before lightly nodding to the magician as she then made her way into Sunset's turbolift, the doors behind her closing as she stood with Sunset and five of her friends.


Twilight then asked Rarity, "How long do we have?" Rarity scanned the sphere before she answered.


"About five minutes, once that thing charges up, we're done for." A familiar voice could be heard speaking through the comms as the crew heard him.


"Well, I believe it's about time I do something very useful."


"Discord! You're here?!" Fluttershy said in excitement as her friend spoke to her.


"Indeed I am, Fluttershy, now let's see what I can do about those 'Sphere Builders' you're talking about...." They looked to the screen to see several of the Sphere Builder ships disappearing, leaving about two left to deal with. They then saw the Annorax open another portal before it flew in, the portal closing afterwards.


"Well, there goes one problem, now what did you do, Discord?" Twilight asked the draconequus before he answered.


"Well, besides getting rid of some of our enemies, I checked the data Admiral Wyatt sent all of us and I've managed to buy us some time by using a freezing spell on one of the generators inside the sphere. Don't ask too much of me, though, I'm not like that omnipotent being named Q Wyatt told me about." Twilight then turned to her comms panel before she spoke.


"Well, let's see what we can do, everyone, see if you can distract those Sphere Builder ships while I make a run around them and try to beam Sunset and her team down!"


"Copy that!" The other Commanders said before the signal cut out and the Princess looked to Dash.


"Dash, full impulse, quick!" Dash nodded before the ship turned and shot forward as the other ships engaged the enemy ships, sparing them no time in trying to pursue the Equestria. They'd made a good run around the battle before they finally reached a good spot away from the fight and slightly closer to the sphere. Twilight's comms beeped before she heard Sunset's voice.


"Thank Celestia you have a transporter room close by, we're all geared up and ready, Twi!" Twilight then built a hopeful smile as she gave the word.


"Good luck, remember to bring those emergency transport units, you'll need them!"


"Already got them, Shimmer out!" The signal cut out as Twilight waited for them to beam down to the sphere, a moment passed before Applejack spoke up. "They've been beamed down, we can help out our friends now!" Twilight then looked to the screen as she spoke to Dash.


"Take us towards the battle, Dash, let's kick some tail!" Dash nodded as she grinned before tapping the console a few times and the ship jerked forward once again as it turned to the battle. They'd made it this far, and while the Annorax would get away once more, they'd at least given her a bad beating this time, and now they had to hold the line, with Sunset and her team being the only officers on the sphere to do the job, she and her friends were their only hope at protecting the Multiverse from tyranny....