• Published 8th Jan 2017
  • 1,484 Views, 125 Comments

A Bridge Between Brothers - Rammy



Spike knows nothing of being a dragon and doesn't want to but when family he didn't know he had comes to Ponyville he might just find the true meaning of being a dragon anyway.

  • ...
26
 125
 1,484

PreviousChapters Next
A Danger

ബഐബഐബഐ ??? ബഐബഐബഐ

I watched carefully as the two dragons, a red and yellow whelp named Garble and a purple and green hatching argued. I found it a bit odd... The way they were arguing it made them sound like they were siblings. I thought that usually only one egg at a time was hatched... that the parents would wait until Choosing before hatching the next. I suppose it could be more common among the dragons from wherever this two were from. I'm sure that they are not from around here.

Most dragons from around here would only come to the oasis near dawn or dusk, the same times when prey was the most active and easiest to hunt. I, however, preferred silver over the desert or grassland prey which meant I didn't need to come here during those times. Which was really good as I really felt uncomfortable around the others. The only reason I came here was it was the closest source of water to my home. The next closest was a bit too far for my liking.

"You know we could ask him..." The hatchling spoke up suddenly spoke up and catching my full attention.

"Do we have to?" Garble complained.

Please don't... I silently agreed. The only reason I remained was that I was in need for water. I had originally plan to quietly and quickly leave the moment they arrived at the oasis but then Garble and found me out. I suppose I could have tried to flee but my scale color is very easy to spot out in the open sky and land around the oasis.

"Well, he is a local and the first po-person we have seen in a week. If he hasn't see or heard anything at least he could tell us how to get out of this stupid desert!"

Now, that I could do... and it sound like they are in a hurry which means that I would be very soon alone. I didn't mind the young hatchling but Garble reminded me too much of every other dragon I had met or knew... minus my dam and sire.

"Excuse me... uh..." The hatchling stuttered as he addressed me, sheepishly rubbing the back of his head. "Wow, Rarity is going to kill me..."

"Doubtful," Grable growled out, rolling his eyes, "that pony wouldn't do anything that might mess up her awful mane of hers."

"Hey!"

"It's true." Garble shrugged, clearly not caring how much his words were angering the hatchling.

"Garble!"

"I still can't believe that any dragon would find a pony attractive especially one like her...

The hatchling facepalmed and shook his head. I flinched back when he returned his attention to me. "Anyway... my name is Spike; this is Garble, a friend of mine."

My eyes widen as I looked over the two dragons again. That surprised me they didn't seemed to be the type to be friends. I hesitated in speaking up again even though Spike seemed to be a kind dragon... Luckily, he seemed to be patient as the silence between us lengthen. Garble, meanwhile, seemed to be getting more annoyed by the second.

"My n-name is Silver." I finally stuttered out, blushing hard in embarrassment.

"Cool name." Spike smiled, giving me two thumps up. "Did you see a rainbow moving across the sky a little over a week ago?"

I blinked at that. How can a rainbow move? A moving rainbow made no sense. "Huh?"

Spike groaned, dragging his claw across his face. "Figures... How about this... did you hear anything like a swooshing whistle?"

"Swooshing whistle?" I titled my head as my confusion only increased.

"Like from someone flying really fast..."

At that I nodded in understanding. That made more sense then a moving rainbow and something I had heard recently near one of my favorite napping spots. I loved to fall asleep outside when it was windy and the winds around Terra Hourglass were always spectacular, that was until about a week ago. I don't know who or what was caused it but I had suddenly been awoken by something that one could call a swooshing whistle. I got out of there fast, not knowing who or why someone was racing around like that near Terra Hourglass. I had not been there since.

"I may have heard something like that near Terra Hourglass..." I admitted, looking off in the direction of Terra Hourglass.

"Terra Hourglass?" Spike questioned in confusion. I looked at Garble to see that he seemed to be just as lost as Spike. This did confirm my suspicions, that these two were not from around here as I couldn't see how anyone that lived anywhere nearby wouldn't have heard of Terra Hourglass.

"It's an... uh.... mountain to the south of here. Can't miss it... its the only one for hundreds of miles..."

"Thanks Silver." Spike thanked me before turning away. "Lets go Garble before the trail gets any colder."

I tensed a bit as Garble grumbled a few words that I couldn't make out but sighed in relief when he turned to follow Spike out of the oasis. I could now have the oasis to myself. Having the two dragons appear out of nowhere had tired me out emotionally and all I wanted to do was fly home . Fly off... Oh no!

"Wait!" I called out rushing out of the safety of the shade. As much as I would rather remain in the shade until they left I could not just let them go without telling them of the dangers of traveling south. "I... I should come with you the area to the south of here is extremely dangerous."

"Gah!" Garble moaned slapping his face so hard that I could hear it.

I was feeling the same way as Garble. Why did I volunteer to escort them to Terra Hourglass?! All I really needed to do was tell them what to look for and what to expect then let them go on their way...

"What is so dangerous about the area to the south?" Spike softly question, glaring hotly at Garble.

"The area just to the south is known as the Salt Flats... the ground there is... thin and unstable... Even someone as light as you Spike could cause a massive hole to suddenly appear..."

Spike paled and shook in fear from what I said. I could understand as he had no wings so he had zero chance if the ground broke.

"Bah, I can just you carry over." Garble grunted waving a claw dismissively at my warning.

I frowned. It wasn't that bad as long as one knew when the Flats began and ended and made sure to fly well past it. However, my concern changed from the Salt Flats to Terra Hourglass. While carrying Spike over the Flats was the only safe way to cross it if Garble over shot by too much, kept going, and saw Terra Hourglass while still flying... It could very well kill them both and I liked Spike.

"Yes, you can but, um," I gulped as Garble stared at me, hard. "I still think it's best I come until you at least get across the Salt Flats..."

"Fine." Garble grumbled leaning down to let Spike climb on his back. "Let's just get this over with."

Author's Note:

Welcome Silver, oasis shotz 678's Dragon OC, to the story. (though he made a cameo like appearance in the previous chapter)

On that note: I am not accepting any more dragon OC's except for the ones already given to me or are from the Keeper series(if I get permission to use those in this story)... I have enough for now and anymore could bloat up the story... at least for now...

Also it takes time for me to make sure I get the feeling for writing someone else's OC (I have the OC 'owner' review the first few chapters with a character until I think I have it down pat)

Lastly I be old changeling except me hunger for comments so comment for I will trap you in goo and suck it out of you MWHAHAHA...:pinkiecrazy:

PreviousChapters Next