• Published 8th Jan 2017
  • 1,477 Views, 125 Comments

A Bridge Between Brothers - Rammy



Spike knows nothing of being a dragon and doesn't want to but when family he didn't know he had comes to Ponyville he might just find the true meaning of being a dragon anyway.

  • ...
26
 125
 1,477

PreviousChapters Next
Vs Hallucinations

ബഐബഐബഐ Letāls Thazs ബഐബഐബഐ

My eyes snapped opened from a sudden lurch. Wait, what? I blinked in confusion as I saw that I was lying in the back of a cart slowly moving through a lightly wooded area. Okay... This was not H.K.'s mountain nor that weird cavern. How did I go from H.K.'s forge to that strange cavern then to here? Wherever here was... Or was the lava cavern with the strange dragoness merely a dream/hallucination caused by what ever happened when I Chose?

"Where are we?" I questioned, noting with some irritation that it was the white dragon pulling the cart. Well, carts actually, a second cart was tied to back of the one I was in.

"The eastern edge of the Everfree." The white dragon answered while stopping and pulling off a tangle of ropes from his shoulders.

The eastern edge of the Everfree? I wondered as I stepped out of the cart, noting that there was actually two carts. How long was I out?! The Everfree was some distance northwest of H.K.'s mountain which led me to why the eastern edge? If he truly is heading towards Ponyville and his brother like I am sure he is why wouldn't he take the path straight through like H.K. and Garble did before? Sure the forest was thick, but it was also vast and it should still be faster to go straight through then to skirt the very edge... Unless... Unless he was looking for dragons in flight...

"Okay, that explains why you are here, but why am I here?" I groaned as I felt a headache forming. Too many questions and I just know, somehow that the damned white dragon would only give vaguely and infuriating non-answers like always.

"Garble, not you, had permission to be there. Not that there is anything left to go back to." The white dragon nonchalantly answered as he walked to the back of the cart and began to fumble with the ropes tying 'my' cart to the second cart. "I collapsed every tunnel and cavern within H.K.'s mountain. I doubt even a diamond dog pack could find what is left..."

WHAT!? I nearly shouted in shock. Why would he do that?! Not only did he had the ideal location for a hoard the maze tunnels and caverns to even get to his hoard would make all but impossible to find. Even with Garble's memories I would have troubles.

"Garble's old gauntlet, various failed experiments, and the blacksmithing books are in the crate. The crystal forge is underneath the rug." I blinked as I peeked under the rug in question and saw that the crystal forge really was under the rug. How was he able to move it on his own without magic and without damaging it? If I'm recalling correctly what Garble read about them crystal forges were very touchy about being moved. "I don't care about the rug, crate, or cart, do with them as you please."

I raised an eyebrow at this. Why be so generous? What was the catch? No dragon would just give anyone anything much less one such as myself something so valuable even if he seemed disinterested in blacksmithing... Unless... "If you think that this... gesture of yours makes up for dragging me along without asking me you have another thing coming.

"Would you have rather I had left you in some random cave?"

"Obliviously." I grumbled, folding my forearms in annoyance.

"And how may I ask was I suppose to know that?" The white dragon countered, raising an eyebrow. "You were out cold from whatever that mana surge was and I wasn't going to dolly around waiting either, not when my brother was in danger."

I opened my mouth to protest but closed it when I realized that as much as I was annoyed he was right... but now that I was awake I could voice what I wanted and what I wanted was...

"Help the one you know merely as 'white dragon' and Spike deal with the Oathbreaker."

Yeah... no. There was no way I was going to let anyone use that metal to help an oathbreaker! I don't care that Garble was a friend to Spike.

"Fine, whatever, but you are not taking my arm-." Faster then I could blink the white dragon had swept his tail across my legs, knocking me off my feet, grabbed me by my throat, and flipped me onto my back.

"You forget your place red dragon. You are not Garble and I asked him not you to make it for me." The white dragon warned as he tightened his grip on my neck. "I am taking the armor Garble made with me."

I growled angrily fighting to get out of his grip. That metal is mine! I will not let the white dragon taint my hoard!

"Do not test me red dragon." He hissed, squeezing so hard that I was beginning see spots. He then leaned down and whispered into my ear, "Also, fun fact, I know how to undo the metal, do you?"

He... knew? What am I thinking!? Oh course, he would know! He is just like H.K., stringing everyone along for his own purposes! A lying, deceptive snake! Well, fuck this, fuck him!

"I thought you wanted to be a Dragon Warrior."

And fuck that!

"I wonder what would happen to you with the gauntlet now fused to you body like it is..." The white dragon mused as he released me.

THAT'S IT!! Garble was naive idiot wanting to be a Dragon Warrior! It's clear to me that there is no honor in it. He can have the damn armor at least until I can find out how to destroy it and if he does not deal with the pony oathbreaker like he should I will...

"Help the one you know merely as 'white dragon' and Spike deal with the Oathbreaker."

Stupid female dragon apparition! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!

"I'm not in your head."

"Yeah, right." I growled roughly, irritated that I apparently shouted out the last part. The sooner I got away from the white dragon the better. "Just piss off and leave me alone!"

"Help the one you know merely as 'white dragon' and Spike deal with the Oathbreaker."

ROAAR!!!

DAMN IT! I cursed as the white dragon once again grabbed me by the throat and lifted me off the ground. I would be impressed that he managed to lift me off the ground as much as he did given our similar builds and sizes but this was the white dragon and I could feel myself losing consciousness.

"Es acktruthāt ruthāt cktrātā uz cktrātā." He hissed before dropping me roughly.

Then you had someone do it for you. I grumbled inwardly, coughing and rubbing my now very sore neck.

The white dragon sighed, facing away from me and towards what I assumed was Ponyville. "Was it like having multiple Dragon Lord Torches all shouting at once?"

SĒTĒT UZ LEJU LETĀLS THAZS

I shivered as I remembered the first time the dragoness shouted in draconic.

"The Keeper and Giver of Memories, Ancestors to all Dragon Kind, The One that Gave Utterance to Mana, The Voice." The white dragon finally uttered. I resisted the urge to back way as the white dragon suddenly stared me down. Before he had been almost disinterested, even while threatening me, but now he seemed... focused. "You now have a choice: do as The Voice has said and walk the Path of the DragonWyrm that all Dragon Warriors walk... or not."

"Help the one you know merely as 'white dragon' and Spike deal with the Oathbreaker."

"I thought you wanted to be a Dragon Warrior."

"I thought you wanted to be a Dragon Warrior."

"...Dragon Warrior."

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long wait... I ended up on a reading/Skyrim binge

(I would but a Skyrim meme here something along the lines I used to be a writer like you but then I took an arrow in the hand but I'm too lazy to put that on a screenshot...)

PLZ LIK COMMENT AND FAV or I will sic Pinkie Pie at you and make you wish it was only an arrow to the knee that ended your adventuring career :pinkiecrazy:

PreviousChapters Next