• Published 8th Jan 2017
  • 1,482 Views, 125 Comments

A Bridge Between Brothers - Rammy



Spike knows nothing of being a dragon and doesn't want to but when family he didn't know he had comes to Ponyville he might just find the true meaning of being a dragon anyway.

  • ...
26
 125
 1,482

PreviousChapters Next
The Manipulator

ബഐബഐബഐ Spike ബഐബഐബഐ

"What the...!" I sputtered as I was rudely woken up by a bucket of ice cold water.

"Spike, language." Twilight warned me, a piece of soap joining the the bucket she had used to wake me up in her aura.

"Sorry Twi." I apologized quickly. I don't want that punishment again. The last time she did that Celestia had decided to send a letter at the exact same time. Soap and dragon fire shutter.

Now that I was awake I looked around to see that we were still in Celestia's quarters, the room back in order. Celestia and Princess Luna were whispering to each other over by the balcony doors and Garble was pacing on the other side of the room near the doors to the castle. Garble looked absolutely terrified by the way he was wringing tail in his hands. What happened? The last thing I remember was Dragon Lord Torch dismissing my outburst before... I shuttered violently at the memory of his eyes... It made fiery Twilight look happy.

"War as been declared on us." Princess Luna explained. Celestia glared at Princess Luna for a second. It seems then that the two sisters were not in agreement on this.

"Why?" Twilight asked. I narrowed my eyes as I saw Celestia avoiding meeting either of our gaze. There she goes again. She is hiding again. I saw it with H.K. and again with Torch. What did she do this time?!

"There was a treaty, or Oaths to the dragons, between Equestria and the Wasteland Dragons. It was created in hopes to foster peace and understanding between our races. There are three parts to it. The first was a dragon egg was to be given to our care to be hatched, if possible..."

I looked down and burst into tears. It was worse then I had been told... I see why Celestia now said I was orphaned she didn't want me to know that I was given away that I was essentially abandoned. I was so distraught that I missed a question that Twilight had made. I looked up when Twilight put a comforting hoof on my back.

"There is a quirk in hatching a dragon egg... Until you were hatched it was thought that only a parent could hatch a dragon. Your egg, Spike," Luna walked over and knelt down and gave me a wing hug, "was given to us because you were orphaned..."

"So..." I sniffed, wiping away my tears. "I wasn't abandoned?"

"No, my young dragon." Luna smiled as she rose back up to her full height.

"However..." My rising spirit took a nose dive at that word. Luna expression turned dark when she glanced at Celestia. "When you were hatched you were supposed to be returned to your family..."

"What!?!" Twilight and I exclaimed. I could see that even Garble was shocked.

"Why would you take Spike away from his family!?" Twilight advanced on Celestia with every word. Celestia was so shocked that she actually stepped back. "What possible reason would you do that!?"

I wanted to know myself. My anger towards Celestia increasing.

"As I said before purpose of the treaty was to foster understanding in hopes that one day that ponies and dragons could get along or at least not antagonize each other... The third part of the treaty was that a pony volunteered to be adopted by the dragons and live out their days as a dragon never to return to the ways of ponies..."

"I see... If a pony learned the way of dragon that pony could explain the dragon culture to other ponies much more easily then a dragon could, given that most ponies instincts would scream at them to run away from 'big scaly monster predator.'"

"Exactly.' Celestia warmly smiled at Twilight. I understood that problem first hand... If it wasn't for the fact that everypony knew me so well and liked me so well along with Twilight's explanation about dragon greed I'm sure that I would have never been accepted back among the ponies... well mostly... there are a few jerks that still have problems with me... "The problem with this was its not the same in the other direction so I demanded that Twilight be your permanent guardian instead of being returned... How could we fully understand each other unless a pony and a dragon walked in each other races shoes..."

I clenched my fists so hard in my fury to draw blood. I loved Twilight as my sister but to be taken from my real family because Celestia thought it would better for a clueless pony to raise a dragon just to make the peace agreement more fair to ponies!? All that anypony had to do was to see happened on my hatchday to see how stupid that was! I can't believe this! All I am to her is a damn pawn to be sacrificed for her ponies never mind that Equestria is more then ponies! She did the same thing with Twilight and her friends! All she had to do was ask but instead she manipulates to get her way!

"With some persuasion Spike's remaining family agreed to the change with one stipulation..." Celestia sighed. I didn't like the hesitation. This was becoming a very annoying theme with her recently. "When your dragon instincts begin to emerge you were to be taken to the dragons to learn to control your instincts."

All the pain I suffered in the months after my episode on my hatchday! She knew what I needed but instead of sending me to the dragons she sends me to a clueless doctor! She breaks her word on an important treaty not once not twice thereby putting everypony in danger especially Twilight and her friends! It was then that I remembered something that H.K. had said to her, a word that describes her to a tee...

"Oathbreaker..." As I growled it out something in me clicked. A clarity of purpose I never had before.

Every fiber of my being was now screaming for me to kill Oathbreaker to have Oathbreaker's inner smeared on my claws the taste of Oathbreaker's blood on my tongue. But I held back. The only reason I stayed my claw was that I knew that Twilight really adored Oathbreaker. I didn't understand why she does but she does. I was not going to hurt Twilight by killing Oathbreaker, at least not yet. The moment that that changes however...

Suddenly Garble roared in anger and lunged at Oathbreaker with feral ferocity. He was just inches from Oathbreaker when the he was pulled away by Twilight's magic. She struggled with him as Garble continued to fight to get to Oathbreaker. Princess Luna then waved a spell over Garble and he fell unconscious. Twilight however kept him in a bubble of her magic. Smart move because unless Princess Luna put enough magic to overcome a dragon's resistance to magic he could wake up unexpectedly.

"What just happened?" Twilight questioned as she added some conjured straps to further restrain Garble. "He was fearful one moment and then the next crazed! Could Dragon Lord Torch have done something to him?"

"I don't know. Perhaps..." Oathbreaker spoke up much to my chagrin. To further my annoyance with her, her aura surrounded Garble for a moment before fading. "The Bloodstone Specter can do many things... but much of its abilities are unknown to me. For now we shall let him sleep."

Her talking did remind me of something. In order for Oathbreaker to send or receive letters from me she needed an anchor in my fire sac. I quickly brought up the anchor, a homemade Hearth's Warming Eve bobble with Oathbreakers name on it and threw it down in disgust. I smiled in satisfaction at the look of horror on Oathbreaker's face when I then smashed her trinket with my foot. I knew it was something special to her otherwise she would be unable to send me anything via my fire mail. The sad thing was I would never be able to have anyone use my fire mail again. I knew that Oathbreaker would manipulate them, like the cow she is, into reenabling herself to send mail to me. I can't have that or I might end up doing something to hurt my friends and I can't do that... I just can't.

"Spike why'd you smash that!?" Twilight exclaimed as she picked up the pieces of the anchor.

"I will not have an oathbreaker talk to me." I growled out as I watched Twilight attempt to fix the anchor. My smile returned as I saw Oathbreaker hurt face.

"I don't understand." Twilight questioned lowering the anchor pieces. I understand why Twilight was confused. I was ordered by Oathbreaker to not speak to Twilight about exactly how Oathbreaker sent letters to me and vis versa but now Oathbreaker's orders meant nothing to me.

"In order for Oathbreaker to send or receive letters to me via my fire Oathbreaker needed an anchor of highly sentimental value."

"Wait I thought she enchanted your breath to allow you to send letters to her."

"No, Oathbreaker did not. It's apparently some innate ability that dragons have. I don't really understand how it exactly works outside of the anchor..."

"Interesting..." Twilight noted, her eyes widening with glee. Crap... I shouldn't have said that last part. I knew that look. The I-must-know-everything-through-intensive-experiments look. "But, first, I have another more pressing question. Spike why are you calling Princess Oathbreaker, Oathbreaker?"

I blinked at Twilight's odd question. Why am I calling Princess Oathbreaker, Oathbreaker? I don't know what Twilight was yammering about and right now I don't care. Thanks to Oathbreaker I was going to have to have to work even harder. Not only will Twilight be in panic mode over the upcoming war... when ever that will happen... I am going to have to spend every other waking moment training with Garble.

PreviousChapters Next