• Published 8th Jan 2017
  • 1,482 Views, 125 Comments

A Bridge Between Brothers - Rammy



Spike knows nothing of being a dragon and doesn't want to but when family he didn't know he had comes to Ponyville he might just find the true meaning of being a dragon anyway.

  • ...
26
 125
 1,482

PreviousChapters Next
The Proposal

ബഐബഐബഐ Spike ബഐബഐബഐ

I groaned as I popped my back. I had just placed Twilight in her bed and pulled up the covers so she wouldn't get cold. Twilight had finally collapsed in exhaustion after being up for four days straight trying to figure out what the black goo was. I understand her worry that it could have came from Sombra and that he could use it to revive himself... or corrupt the Crystal Empire as a final revenge... or something else. Who knows... But it doesn't do anypony any good to be so tired to the point that she passes out. At least now she will get some rest as she will probably be sleeping until tomorrow.

Now to see if I can find Garble. I still had not seen him since Canterlot and I needed to talk to him. I really should have stopped him and arranged a time and place to meet. He could be anywhere at this point. Maybe Pinkie's Pinkie Sense can help me find him...

"I see your jailer finally let you out." Garble's voice rang out as I exited the library.

"Hey Garble." I smiled as I looked up to see Garble lounging on one of the tree branches of the library, smirking down at me. Well this is good, I don't have to wonder around aimlessly. "Twilight has a tendency to go overboard when she's trying to solve a difficult problem. I sometimes have to threaten to burn her books just to get her to eat... or breathe..."

Garble chuckled at my explanation popping what I suspect is a piece of meat into his mouth much to my disgust. I get that dragons eat meat... the sharp teeth are a dead give away... but must he do that here and now!?

"What are you eating!?" I asked as I watch trying to not gag at the smell. Please tell me that he wasn't eating one of Fluttershy's

"Fire roasted cockatrice... Leg?"

"No thanks." I waved off Garbles offering before I got sick.

"Eh," Garble shrugged tossing the leg into his mouth with a sickening crunch. "your loss."

"Garble can you teach me to fight."

Garble nearly choked on his food from surprise. "You want me to teach you what!?"

"To fight." I repeated.

"But why!?"

In answer I looked at my polished and hooficured claws.

"Tell me this then, when was the last time you used your claws?" H.K. stopped and lifted one of my hands up, much to my chagrin, spreading my claws out. "I'd say never, given how dull but manicured they are. Good for digging up gems in soil, but in a fight? Not so much."

"I need to know how to fight as a dragon... Ever since the girls became the bearers of the Elements it's been one crazed dark magic user after then next... " I sighed. I'm not a unicorn so I can't use magic. I don't have wings so no flying. I don't even have the immense strength of a earth pony. "All I got is my flames and claws... and the only thing I can do with them is write and send letters... What am I going to do when the next villain tries to take over Equestria?! Write them into submission with excellent penmanship?!"

Garble just sat there and thankfully said nothing as I fisted the ground and cried. It was just so difficult feeling useless. When I finally was done with my tantrum I looked up to see that Garble was gazing off thoughtfully. Never thought I would see that from him... Didn't seem the type. Though lately he has been surprising me.

"I suppose I can help you not be a complete loser."

I facepalmed. Why must he always give such snide comments? At least I know its just him trying to hide his true feelings and not just him being a jerk.

"Come," Garble jumped down from the branch and waved for me to follow. "I know a place that is away from squishy softies living in flimsy matchsticks."

I rolled my eyes as followed Garble who eventually led me to the gemfield southeast of Ponyville. I just hope those diamond dogs from before leave us alone. I suppose if they don't I could just threaten to have Rarity come and 'visit.' Still can't believe that Rarity's drama queening was what saved the day... no wait, I could.

"Ready for a rematch half-pint?" Garble came to a stop holding out his tail.

"This again?!" I rolled my eyes. I needed help in learning to fight not play.

Garble groaned as he ran his hands across his snout. "Why did I ever agree to this..."

"I am beginning to wonder that myself..." I grumbled. "How does tail wresting help?"

Garble sighed as he withdrew his tail and began to wander around silently. I followed close behind unsure what Garble was looking for or doing. We finally came to a stop next to the cliffs where Garble started to sniff at various rocks rapping his knuckles of a few of them.

Okay... I could not see the reason for whatever Garble was doing. A bit odd. If he was looking for gems I don't know why he was doing it the hard way. The soil around here was loaded with gems and was not that hard to dig through.

"Use your tail and break open this geode." Garble pointed to a particular large boulder he had just finished examining.

I gulped as I looked at the very large rock that Garble wanted me to break with my tail. It was bigger then him! There was no way that I could break a small rock with my tail much less the one Garble was wanting me to smash. I looked back at Garble who raised an eyebrow at my hesitation. I could tell I wasn't going to able to get out of this. I took a couple of slow breaths and swung my tail with all my might.

"Yeoooow!" I screamed out, grabbing my throbbing tail. It hurt even worse then I had expected.

"Pathetic." Garble sneered. "But then again, the only tail wrestling match you 'won' was because your costumed friends threw the match."

"What does tail wresting have to do with breaking this rock!?" I growled out, annoyed.

Garble, without facing it, flicked his tail at the rock. As his tail connected there was an explosion of dust and for a moment I couldn't see anything.

"Whoa..." I breathed out in awe as the dust cleared. Garble had shattered the stone with just the tip of his tail like it was nothing!

"That." Garble smirked.

Yeah, yeah, yeah gloat it up...

A large shadow suddenly fell over the gemfields much to my surprise. I wasn't aware of there being a scheduled storm today. Could it be some rouge clouds from the Everfree? Or did Rainbow Dash mess up the weather again? I looked up and saw that it wasn't clouds but a very large dragon. I stared in awe before I realized that it was heading straight for Canterlot! This is very bad. I needed to warn Celestia but I had no scroll in which to do so!

"Come on Garble we need to get to Ponyville now! I have to warn the Princesses and I can't without a scroll!" I started running but stopped and turned when I noticed that Garble wasn't following. Garble hadn't even moved. He was still standing there staring at the dragon shaking like a leaf. "Garble! What's wrong with you!?"

"Dr-Dragon Lord T-t-torch..."

PreviousChapters Next