• Published 8th Jan 2017
  • 1,481 Views, 125 Comments

A Bridge Between Brothers - Rammy



Spike knows nothing of being a dragon and doesn't want to but when family he didn't know he had comes to Ponyville he might just find the true meaning of being a dragon anyway.

  • ...
26
 125
 1,481

PreviousChapters Next
An Invasion

ബഐബഐബഐ Spike ബഐബഐബഐ

"I don't believe it..." Silver whispered out.

Garble mumbled something under his breath, knowing how irritated he has been it was probably a curse or too. I just sighed and rolled my eyes. At least Garble didn't get violent over it, yet, but if we didn't keep moving to distract Garble I had a feeling he would get violent.

The city ahead, at least from what I could see as the sun was beginning to set, appeared to be about the same size as Canterlot. The center of the city had several pyramids like those depicted from the Daring Doo series. Near the center of city was a tall tower that looked like spring. Scattered around the city were numerous obelisks. It didn't match with the rest of the city

As we got approached the outskirts of the city I started to feel uncomfortable. Something was off but I could not quite put my claw on it... I was not the only one as I could see that Garble and Twixt'd were starting to tense up and Silver was beginning to wring his claws which only made my unease grow.

"Where is everyone?" Silver nervously questioned, glancing around.

My eyes widened as I quickly looked around. Silver was right! There was noone out and about. This was not good. Even the small town of Ponyville has ponies out and about at this time and this city was at least as big as Canterlot! What was worse, I couldn't see a single light on. Not a single streetlight or lit window.

"I don't like this..." Twixt'd whispered.

Neither do I... I thought.

Things didn't get any better was we entered the outskirts of the city. The buildings, probably homes from their sizes, looked just like the blocky plastered homes I saw in the Palomino Desert when Twilight and her family went there on vacation one summer. They even had similarly geocentric designs painted on them.

I blinked when I suddenly noticed my breath was visible. When did it get so cold and so quick...ly... I gulped as I fearfully looked about. This was just like what happens in comics when the hero encountered a place of evil... I could feel a violent shiver run up and down my spine as I watched the shadows around us seemingly move.

Please just be from the sun going down. Please just be from the sun... I silently chanted hoping that it was just my imagination and not something bad like Sombra somehow surviving the blast from the Crystal Heart and was here to enact his revenge.

I let out a very unmanly squeak as hundreds of glowing yellow eyes blinked into existence in the shadows. "Uh, Garble..."

"I see them..." Garble softly growled.

Silver gulped. "We have to get out of here."

I was silent agreeing but I could see no way to escape but up as the shadow demons thingys had now surrounded us. It was at that exact moment that one of the creatures broke off the rest and attacked Silver, slashing a shadowy claw over Silver's tail. Silver screamed in pain and terror taking off in a frantic attempt to escape.

"Wait, don't!" Twixt'd yelled out trying to reach out and grab Silver but failed as Silver zoomed past him.

Silver roared as a beam of light flashed from a nearby obelisk and hit him. He hobbled in the air for a second longer before a second beam hit him and he crashed back into the street.

"Silver!" I rushed over to the downed dragon.

Silver groaned in pain as I carefully touched his shoulder which was red and bleeding from where what I assume was where the mana beams hit him. Unfortunately it was the only response I could get out of him.

"Leave him. We need to get out of here..."

"I'm not leaving Silver behind!" I snapped as I backhanded Garble's claw away. "Besides where can we go!? We are surrounded, Garble! And if we try and fly up those obelisks will most likely shoot us out of the sky like they did with Twixt'd!"

"Then we must fight." Twixt'd growled out his mouth already glowing a pale blue.

Garble cracked his neck. "Finally..."

I facepalmed. I figured we would need to fight but to be happy for a fight?!

I picked up as much of Silver as I could and dragged him towards a nearby wall. I wished I could do something more for Silver but I had nothing in my pack that could be used as a bandage. The best I could was make him comfortable. I had just managed to get Silver propped up when the shadow demons once again began to attack.

"Son of a..." Garble roared in pain when a shadow pounce on him after phasing right though his claw slash. "Those things can pierce our scales!"

"No DUH!" Twixt'd snarked before he spewed a ball of flame at another shadow demon.

"Well I thought..."

"Your an idiot!" Twixt'd growled between fireballs. "Silver's scream wasn't a girly scared scream it was a pained scream!"

I couldn't believe it. They were verbally fighting while psychically fighting against shadow demons! At least their flames seemed to hurt the shadow monsters. But for every they snuffed out three more would take its place. What was worse was we were being slowly pushed back and there was no place left for us to backup.

Suddenly, and very painfully, a light enveloped us. At first I thought that somehow Shinning Armor had followed us on Twilight's request because the light's color was similar to Shinning's shield but as my eyes adjusted I realized that it wasn't a dome but a pillar of light. Not something that I was aware that Shinning could do or would do. It would have made more sense for him to shield us in a dome first. At least whatever it was was repelling the shadow demons for a moment.

Several more columns of different colored light appeared joining the first one. Something about the colors seems oddly familiar... I didn't get much time top contemplate this as the now six pillars of light suddenly merged becoming white. The light brighten before fading away. I blinked as I found myself now trying to adjust to the sudden darkness. As it did I could make out a figure standing in the midst of the fading light.

"What the hell?" Twixt'd growled in irritation.

"H.K!?" I called out still unable to get a clear view of the figure.

"Stand back. I'll deal with the shadow demons." The figure spoke. He, at least, sounded like H.K...

I rubbed my eyes to get the final spot out of my eyes to see that it was indeed H.K., a sword hovering in his strange purple and green aura. He seemed almost relaxed as the shadow demons began to surge forward now that the light show he had created had faded away

Night falls, darkness reigns
A coldn wind rises
Will one ever see the light?
Who will stand up an' fight?

My mouth dropped at what H.K. was doing. This wasn't the time for singing! This wasn't a giggle at the ghosties a la Pinkie! Whatever these shadow demons were they could really hurt us!

"What the fuck?" Twixt'd exclaimed in shock. "Why is he singing!?"

I just facepalmed. I mean what could I even say!? It just was making no sense... almost to the point of Pinkie's Pinkie Sense. It didn't help when H.K.'s fur started to glow in beat to the song he was singing. I had seen strange things occur when a heartsong was sung but that was usually related to ponies dancing to the tune and somehow knowing the song... This was something I usually saw when Pinkie sung and that was just typical Pinkie being Pinkie.

Hack, slash
A red thirst
Parry, thrust

I never thought it was possible for a heartsong to be so dark and gory... I groaned as I watched H.K. act out the song as he sung. At least when his sword arced through the shadows it dispelled them. Further more H.K. seemed to be pushing them back.

Blood an' gore drips
My sword thirsts
Without a single word
You shall see my glory unfold

Hack, slash
A red thirst
Parry, thrust

Suddenly all I could hear was heavy breathing. The sudden change from the sounds of singing and battle to almost nothing was jarring. I opened my eyes that I wan't even aware I had closed and looked around. There was not a single glowing yellow eye to be seen, much to my relief. Still have no idea why the song with the fighting... I saw how powerful H.K. was both when he 'fought' Oathbreaker and Princess Luna and from the aftermath of his battle with Sombra... Why would he need something like a heartsong?

H.K. sighed as the sword he had been using flashed away. He then spun and walked eerily calmly towards me. I took a step back. I knew what was coming he was just too calm and after what just happened there was no way that H.K. was truly calm. Worse I knew better then to try and ease his anger like I would with Twilight with a sarcastic quip.

"What are you doing here!?" H.K. roared at me in fury, his rainbow mane wiping around. I was right...

Author's Note:

This was an annoying chapter to construct (and no not because of the singing)

PreviousChapters Next