• Published 27th Nov 2016
  • 2,874 Views, 170 Comments

The Lost Shimmering Sun - Pinkie Pie Sweets



Sunset escape a trangic fate and lost her memory, how will her life go living in another world?

  • ...
6
 170
 2,874

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 29: Hard Memories comes a Little Light

Back in the world Sun is living in:

It's been two weeks or so since she come back from her family vacation. When she returns from her vacation, she and her family and friends have a wonderful time. They go out to places like the mall, the movies, and other fun places. They celebrates, Fluttershy's and Sweetie Belle birthday during that time. Needless to say, Sun is happy to spend time with her friends and family.

After the two weeks go by, Sun and her friends are at Sugarcube Corner having some snack and drinks. The group of friends talk about stuff going on with their work, family, and home. Later on, Sun is starting to feel a bit distant and feels sad about something while Pinkie is explaining something that happened in a restaurant she went with her family not long ago..

"And then I was like oatmeal are you crazy," Pinkie says.

Rarity sighs and says, "Yeah and I believe you told us that story for like 10 times already."

"I know, but Sun hadn't heard the story yet," Pinkie replies with her happy smile.

"Uh, I hate to burst your bubble Pinkie, but…" Rainbow Dash starts to reply.

Then she and the girls start to look at Sun with a confused and concerned looks on their faces.

"I don't think Sun is listening to your story," Applejack adds.

They face Sun to see she is just turning the rest of her chocolate shake with a spoon. She has one of her hands on her cheek and looks like she a bit sad and has something else going on in her mind.

Pinkie comes up to Sun and says, "Sun, Yohoo! Sun!"

Sun turns to Pinkie with the same expression and asks, "Hmm! Did you say something?"

"Sun darling, are you feeling alright?" Rarity asks.

Sun silence for a little bit and it's almost like she hasn't listen to a word her friends are saying. She knows she needs to let her friends know, so she decides to break her silence.

"No Rarity. I don't feel… like myself," Sun sadly answers.

Sun's friends can see that something is really bother her and they wants to know what is going on. They believe part of it has something to do with her 'bad experience' in Las Pegasus or something to do with her dreams.

Applejack puts her hand on Sun's shoulder with a worried look and asks, "Does this had something to do with the incident you had back in Las Pegasus?"

"Kind of, but it's mostly something else," Sun answers with a straight expression on her face,

"Like what?" Applejack asks.

Sun sighs sadly and answers, "I don't know it's just... I've been having strange dreams these past few days,"

"Dreams?" Applejack says questionably.

"What kind of dreams?" Fluttershy asks.

Sun explains, "In one of my dreams I was walking into a hallway and then I opened one of the doors to a large room and…"

"And?" Pinkie asks with a smile on her face."

"I saw someone there and that someone was trying to start a fire on one of the curtains. Whoever that someone is was very shocked when she saw me," Sun continues.

"She? Do you think that someone is female," Rarity questionably asks.

"I believe so." Sun replies.

Then Sun explains, "And the next thing I knew she was laughing some strange beam and that started a huge fire and she disappeared and I was trapped in the fire."

The girls are shocked to hear that who ever was in that room caused the fire. Rarity remember that when Sun is found, she has burn marks on her body. Everyone believes that Sun might be the only survivor in a fire. It's seems the rumors aren't too far off.

Applejack sadly says, "But from the looks of it, it seems you were able to escape."

"And you never knew who that person was," Fluttershy asks.

"I don't and I'm not sure if that was a person," Sun answers looking a bit scared.

Just then, Sun starts to experience a headache and it doesn't go unnoticed. Her friends start to worry and thinking Sun continues might not be a good idea.

As Sun starts to shed tears, she scared says, "I just don't know."

Fluttershy hugs Sun hoping to make her feel better and says, "It's okay Sun, you don't have to continue if you don't want to."

"But just so we know who we're dealing with, did you see who was in there?" Rainbow asks.

"Rainbow Dash!" Rarity says to her in anger.

It's okay Rarity. I know Rainbow means well," Sun says reassuring her friends.

Thn Sun continue with her dream, she says, "Well... all I can say... is that the one who was in the room was tall, dark colored, but the only one I know what I saw is that she has glowing green blue like eyes."

"Glowing green blue like eyes?" Rainbow says looking confused.

"Yes," Sun replies.

Applejack scratches her chin and questionably says, "That's weird."

"I know, but when I first meet my aunt's friend, Chrysalis, her eyes look like the person, but I don't remember seeing her before," Sun adds to her explanation.

The girls are starting to get confused about Sun's story. They think it's strange that Sun see someone who looks like someone she never meet before, sot it's kind of a mystery.

"That's strange, maybe the one you saw in that room looks like this Chrysalis, but she isn't," Rainbow suggests.

"That's what dad suggested, but I would like to know who that person was. I never saw her before," Sun answers with uncertainty.

The girls thinks the situation that goes on in Sun's head is a bit confusing and hard for her. As good friends, they need to find ways to help her.

Applejack calmly say, "Don't worry Sun, what is important that you try your best to keep track of what you remember."

"And even though you do learn who you used to be, we want you to know that you will always be our friend," Fluttershy replies with a smile.

"And that's forever and ever or five-ever," Pinkie adds with a smile.

The girls look at Pinkie confused by her for saying 'five-ever'. However, Sun thinks it's kind of funny and starts to laugh a little.

Sun giggles a bit and says, "Five-ever?"

"Maud uses that phrase. She said it's longer than forever," Pinkie replies.

Sun smile and happy that she has good friends who care about her,

Sun says, "Thanks guys."

"It's not a problem at all Sun and… I think I know how we can help you with your situation," Rarity replies.

"What's that?" Sun asks.

"How about a sleepover at my house and of course our sister are welcome to come if they can," Rarity suggests.

Pinkie cheers, "Yay! Slumber party at Rarity's house!"

The girls thinks it will a good idea. Sun suggests it will be a good idea is her sister and friends to come to the sleepover too. The girls thinks it will b a good idea, but Rarity suggests if their sister will have to sleep in their room. After calling their parents,and telling them about the sleepover they agree they can go.

After their time in Sugarcube Corner, the girls gather their belongings and made sure to tell their sisters about the sleepover. They get some supplies, and their things from the store and their homes and make their way to Rarity's house.

Right now, the girls are in their pajamas, doing some fun stuff. Playing board games, doing each other harir, playing videogames, and other fun stuff.

Sun, Applejack, Screwball, and Rainbow Dash are playing a fighting game called Power Pals. Sun is the Masked Matterhorn. Rainbow Dash is Zap. Applejack is playing Mistress Mare-velous. Finally, Screwball is playing Fili-Second. The girls are having fun playing with Rainbow's videogame. Sun is enjoying playing the game, but since she never play video games. She kind of having trouble playing and controlling the remote.

"This game is harder than it looks," Sun says who is still struggling with the remote.

"I know you don't play videogames much, but you're learning from an expert here," Screwball replies.

Just then Applejack, ends up knocking everyone out of the game, including Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash throws the remote on the ground with frustration while Sun and Screwball laugh with a smile while playing the game.

Applejack laughs and says, "Looks like I won this round."

"I hate losing," Rainbow mutters to herself in frustration.

Sun laughs and says, "Okay guys, I think I'm done with games for the night."

Sun puts the remote down to go sit on Rarity's bed. Pinkie hears that Sun is finish playing and see there's an empty remote for her to play.

Pinkie grabs the remote and screams, "My turn!"

With that, Pinkie and Scootaloo joins Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Screwball in the Power Pals videogame. Scootaloo wants to come because she wants to play after one of them is done. Sun sits on the bed and seeing her friends play the video game and see the others brushing and doing hair styles on each other.

Sweetie asks, "Sun, do you want to do hair styles with us."

"Sure," Sun answers with a smile.

Sun goes sit down on the ground where Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, Rarity, and Fluttershy to do hairstyles for each other. In the middle of their circle there are hair brushes, combs, hair bands, and other supplies to do their styles.

Rarity get's behind Sun and says, "You know Sun, I alway what to know if you look good in a braid.

As the girls are getting ready to fix each others hair, Sweetie Belle notice something sticking out of Sun's suitcase. She starts to get curious about the book and decides to take a look. Sweetie Belle takes the book from Sun's bag and can see a brown book with a shimmering Sun picture just like the one on her shirt.

Sweetie Belle asks, "What's this?"

Sun and the others look to where Sweetie Belle is and can see she is holding the book in her hand.

Sun answers, "That's the book I always have."

"You always have this book?" Apple Bloom questionably replies.

"Yes. I have it even though I can't really remember where I got it from," Sun answers.

Sun looks at the book and remember something that happen in one of her dreams.

Sun says, "But… I feel like I know what this book supposed to do."

"That's a book daring, what do you mean supposed to do," Rarity says looking confused.

"Well, I sensed that if I wrote into this book it will appear on another book. I wanted to write in it, but I don't know what do says," Sun explains, but still not sure of what the book actually does.

She then open the book and remember that there's nothing written in it.

Sun says, "From the looks of it, I didn't wrote anything in it before I lost my memory."

"That actually kind of cool," Screwball says sounding impressed.

"That's a bit strange. It's like saying that book is magic or something," Scootaloo says looking confused.

Sweetie Belle laughs and says, "Don't be silly Scootaloo, everyone knows that magic doesn't exist."

Rainbow turns to Sun and asks, "So are you planning on writing it,"

"I want to, but what should I write?" Sun answers looking unsure about writing in the journal

"Maybe you can write about tonight," Fluttershy suggests.

"I guess, but what if I received something," Sun says, not sure about what will happen if she does write in it.

"Well it may sound unlikely, but… it's worth a shoot I supposed," Rarity says looking unsure.

"And if someone were to receive the message it will be a good idea to introduce yourself first," Applejack adds.

Sun does want to write in the journal, but she isn't sure of what happened. Her friends along with their siblings, including her own sister want her to give it a try.

Sun answers, "Okay."

The girls are glad that Sun is going to write down in her journal. They also can't wait to see what is going on with the journal. Sun takes a pen from her bag and decides to write down in the journal.

Sun starts to write as she says in her thoughts.

"Hello, my name is Sun. Today I'm at a sleepover with my friends and my sister's friends at Rarity and her little sister Sweetie Belle's house. We had a lot of fun and I feel glad I get to have so many good friends who care about me. However, I've been experimenting with strange dreams that might contains my memories. Some are good, some are scary, and some I remember are music. One of my fearful memories is that I was walking into a room at night and someone with glowing blue-green like eyes was in there and started the fire. You see I ended up with amnesia so I have trouble remember my past, but little by little I regain some of them from my dreams I really like to know what really happen in there. I hope whoever is reading it will get get back to me as soon as possible and see if there any advice you can give me.

Sincerely,

Sun

After finishing writing in her journal, she puts it back in her backpack so she can have some time to wait until someone replies. Sun and the girls wait for someone reply, but so far no one is answering.

Rainbow bluntly says, "No one's answering."

"Maybe it takes time," Fluttershy suggests.

"Or this whole magical journal is a lot of hooey," Applejack says.

Sun signs sadly and says, "Sorry about that. I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up."

"Don't worry Sun, even though the journal may not be magical it's a good idea to finally use it for something," Pinkie says with a smile.

"She's right sis, we'll help you get through your problem and maybe help you regain more of your memories," Screwball says with a smile.

"Thanks sis. And you too Pinkie," Sun says with a smile.

Just then the doorbell rings down stair. The girls remember they order pizza for their sleepover and they can't wait to have some.

Pinkie happily screams, "Pizza's here!"

Just then, everyone runs out of the room as fast as possible, except for Sun. Sun looks at the journal looking a bit disappointed that the journal doesn't work. She wonder if her memory is wrong or not. Then again she has no idea why she is having these strange memories, some of them involved with ponies or horses for some reason.

Pinkie comes through the door with a pizza in her mouth and says, "Don't you want any pizza!"

Sun nods her head in reply. Then Pinkie leaves to go have some more with her friends. Sun puts the journal in her bag and leaves to go to have some dinner with the others.

As she leaves the room, Sun says in her thoughts."I wonder if anyone will read or receive my message. I'll just have to wait and see. Even if no one is going to reply, I'll at least have another journal with me."

Sun decides to leave the journal for a while and decide to go on with her night. Sun doesn't know it yet, but the journal is in fact magical and someday will be something very special to her in the future.

In Equestria of an old storage room in the castle, a brown book with a yellow sun on it starts to vibrate. No one knows the book is down there or if they even hear it. The book continue to vibrate and it goes on undisturbed.

Author's Note:

Next time: Sun goes to a new year.

PreviousChapters Next