• Published 27th Nov 2016
  • 2,865 Views, 170 Comments

The Lost Shimmering Sun - Pinkie Pie Sweets



Sunset escape a trangic fate and lost her memory, how will her life go living in another world?

  • ...
6
 170
 2,865

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 55: Following Sun's Entries

Later that day, some of the students of Canterlot High and Crystal Prep are at the bleachers ready to see the first game against the two schools. Of course, Sun and Rainbow's family, including their friends has come to the games. Even Scootaloo and her friends show up for the game. They also decide to bring little Nina with them as well. Everyone at the tennis court bleachers are cheering and are excited to see the game to start. The principals and assistant principal are also hear to see the game.

Sun looks to see that Twilight also shows up to the game as well. Sun is happy that her new friend is able to come to the game.

Dean Cadence grabs hold of the microphone and says, "Welcome everyone to the school tennis game."

Everyone starts to cheer and are excited the game is started.

"Today, it will be a double play wiht Crystal Prep against Canterlot High tennis tournament." Dean Cadence announces.

Then Luna holds the microphone and says, "There will be two sets for each game who ever wins the two sets will move on to the next stage. If there's a tie there will be a tie breaker set."

"So if the teams are ready… let's the games begin," Cadence adds to the announcement.

With that the games has begun and it's an exciting game for both of the school. As the game is going on, Sun and Rainbow Dash are doing a great job at the game, they even beat some of the Crystal Prep teams, but Indigo Zap and her partner Sour Sweet are not going to make it easy for them. Lighting Dust and Gilda try their best, but they lost to Indigo Zap and Sour Sweet. After going through the games. The two teams that make it to the final rounds of the game is Sun and Rainbow Dash for Canterlot High and Indigo Zap and Sour Sweet for Crystal Prep.

Principal Celestia holds to the microphone and says, "Alright everybody, it's time for the finals of the tennis tournament."

Everyone starts to cheer in excitements that the finals of the game and it will determine the winner.

Then Principal Celestia announces, "We have Sun and Rainbow Dash of Canterlot High School…"

Sun and Rainbow walks to the left side of the court. The students of CHS are cheering with excitement.

"And Indigo Zap and Sour Sweet of Crystal Prep Academy!" Principal Celestia adds to the announcement.

Indigo Zap and Sour Sweet also walk on to the right side of the court. Crystal Prep students are start to cheer for their team. Twilight who is sitting with her fellow students, is actually getting excited for the game. She may not be a big fan of sports, but she decides to come to see Sun play, and she has brought someone she wants her to meet after the game.

"So let's the final rounds of the games begin," Principal Celestia announces.

At that moment, the final rounds of the tennis game has begun, and it's very epic. Sun and Rainbow Dash are playing good at the game, but Indigo Zap and Sour Sweet are not going to make it easy for them. Sun and Rainbow Dash are able to win a set, but Indigo Zap and Sour Sweet counter it and wins the second set. Since the game is tied, they do a third set to decide the winner.

Sun and Rainbow Dash along with Indigo Zap and Sour Sweet play as hard as they can, but not one of them is giving an inch. During the game the students are very surprised that they are stuck on the deuce after getting the points they require and it look like the two teams are hard as work. Even the principals are impressed.

But at the end of the game, Indigo Zap and Sour Sweet are the ones who are the winner of the game today. Sun and Rainbow are kind of disappointed that they lost, but are glad to play such a good game.

Sun walks over to the court to see Indigo Zap and Sour Sweet. Rainbow Dash follows her.

When she is by them she happily says, "That was a great game we played today. You two sure are tough."

"Thanks. You and your friend play good yourself," Indigo replies.

"Oh you are such a sweetheart," Sour Sweet replies with a smile.

But then she makes a serious look on her face and says,, "But don't get to comfortable with it."

Sun kind of feels a bit uncomfortable with Sour Sweet's change of attitude. Then Sour Sweet simply walks away. Indigo shrugs her shoulders and follow her. When they're gone Rainbow and Sun and still confused about Sour Sweet. She was being nice one moment, but changed to a serious attitude.

"She seems nice," Sun says with a confused look.

"You can say that again," Rainbow Dash replies.

After the tennis game, Sun and the team are very tired from playing today, especially Sun and Rainbow. They drink plenty of water after their hard game at the final round. Just Sun can see Twilight walking up to her with a smile on her face. At that time, Sun can see that Twilight is kind of happy to see her after the game.

Twilight sits next to Sun and says, "You play very good today."

"I did. Too bad I was no match with Indigo and Sour Sweet," Sun replies.

"Yeah. But at least, you play a good game today." Twilight says.

"You can say that again," Sun says with a smile.

Twilight then place her backpack on her lap and says, "By the way, "I want to introduce you to smoke one."

"Who is it?" sun asks.

Twilight opens her backpack and a little purple puppy with light green ears comes out of it.

Sun smiles and says, "Aw, he's very adorable. Who is he?"

"His name is Spike. And he's my little puppy dog." Twilight answers with a smile.

"Interesting. I kind of have a pet. But she's not really a pet, more of a special friend," Sun replies.

"What is it?" Twilight answers.

Sun is about to answers until she hears a meow. Sun and Twilight turns to see little Nina, the iriomote wild cat run towards Sun and sits on her lap.

Twilight is very shock and says, "That's… that's an iriomote wild cat!"

"Yeah. Long story. But in short, I help her when was separated from her family, but when her family died, she came her to be with me." Sun explains while rubbing her cat.

"Wow! I never though a wild cat like that can be so attached to you," Twilight says with amazement.

Sun giggles and says, "Yeah. I know. It just means that she really like me."

Twilight simply smiles and says, "Yeah. It seems that she does."

After their talk, Sun and Twilight say their goodbyes and leave so they can be with their family. After the game, Sun and her friends leave so they can go home and some dinner for the night. Sun and her family gone of to a pizzeria and have some delicious pizza and some drinks. They have a wonderful time and are happy that Sun has make it to the finals and almost close to beat Crystal Prep as well. Sun has a wonderful day and all that excitement is making her a bit tired.

When Sun is back home and after she finished having her dinner and talking a bath after the hard game she played today, she is up in her room and it's almost time for her to get some sleep for the night. Sun thinks now will be a good time to write to this Twilight Sparkle about her counter today and about what the thinks about her memories.

She takes out her journal and a pen and put the book on her lap. She then turns to pages to the empty page and begins to write down her entry.

She says in her thoughts as she writes, "

Dear Twilight Sparkle,

How are you doing? I know it's been a week since I wrote my last message, but I wanted to tell you a few things that are very important. You see, today, Rainbow and I were at Crystal Prep with the team for the first tennis game of the season. While I was there, I met a girl who has the same name as you. She's very kind, but also kind of shy. She told me that she's the smartest girl at her school and loves learning about science. I met her when we bump into each other and she dropped her stuff along with her glasses. I really like her and hope we both can be friends, even if she does go to a different school.

Anothering that I want to talk about it something very important, but I can't quite understand what it means. You see, earlier in the week, I told my friend that there might be a connection between one of my dreams or memories and the accident I was in. The dream I was talking about is when I was trapped in the fire and when I hilt the mirror it all went back. Then when my friends told me I was covered in scratches and burns before I was hit. I think there might be a connection between the two, but there seems to be one part of my memory missing. It seems that after I fallen to the mirror I somehow ended up at the front yard of Canterlot High. I like to see what you think and get back to me soon.

Your friend,

Sun"

After finishing her entry, Sun puts the journal back on her desk and decides to turn in for the night. The Sun turns in for the night and start to fall asleep on her bed. Sun still wonders if Twilight can really help her, but knows that she will try what ever she can to help her. Sun knows she will need to do her part and help write down more of her memories to put all the clues together. That will have to wait for another time.

Back in Equestria, it's been a few days since Twilight Sparkle has become the newest Princess of Equestria. Her friends and family, including the princess are very proud for her accomplishments. However, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna has called them for a very important matter. And it's involved with Sun's entries in the journal.

When Princess Celestia show the girls the entry, they are very surprised of what she has written.

Twilight turns to the princess and asks, "And that the entries Sun had written."

"Yes. I'm a bit surprised by this ourselves," Princess Celestia says.

Rainbow Dash gets in on the conversation and says, "You think. It's weird that she knows some who have ours, the princesses, Discord, and Screwball's names. But now, she says there's are girls named Gilda, Lightning Dust and Twilight's name too. What's next?!"

"Rainbow you need to calm yourself down. I'm sure there must be a reason for all of this. That includes the other entries that Sun wrote to us this far," Rarity says calmly.

Applejack shrugs her shoulders and says, "I don't know, sounds a bit strange to me."

"I agree, "Pinkie replies.

Twilight starts to think about Sun's entries and says, "You know, Sun may have a point about her memories and the time she was in that accident."

"I agree. The poor darling, losing her memories just to save the life of another." Rarity says feeling sad for what Sun has been through.

"Me too. And if that was really happened to her, she must have been awful scared after getting hurt during the fire." Fluttershy says with concen.

"I know, but least she was able to find a good place to live and others who are willing to be her friend," Applejack says.

"That's true," Pinkie happily says.

Then Princess Luna says, "Still, Sun seems to be right about what goes on in her memories. There does seem to be a gap between her in the fire and her arriving at the school where she had that terrible accident with this so called van."

"That exactly what I was think. And it seem Sun had the exact same idea." Twilight says.

Then Spike asks, "But what do you think happened after she fallen to the mirror and finding herself at Canterlot High before she was hit?"

"That's something that we might need help figuring out," Twilight says.

But Applejack says in concern, "But we still need to see if Sun really is Sunset Shimmer or not. And even if she is Sunset, how in thunderation did she get from the castle throne room to this place she called Canterlot High?"

"That is something that we need to figure out," Princess Celestia answers.

Pinkie Pie sadly says, "Oh, I wish there is a way to see what really happened in that fire."

Twilight starts to think and says, "Maybe, if we can't figure out what really happened then we'll just have to find a way to picture what happened."

"And how do we do that?" Rainbow asks.

Just then Twilight use her magic to bring out two pieces of paper and some chess pieces. She then levitates them to the table and starts to draw something to the two pieces of paper. The others are wonder what Twilight is up too and want to see for themselves.

"What you drawing there?" Applejack asks.

"I though it will be a good idea to visualized and try to picture what Sun had seen in her dream, and other information we gather," Twilight explains.

Twilight then put on of the paper on the table and put some of the chess pieces on the board.

Twilight explains as the other observe, "Alright, the black queen is the mysterious being, of might be Queen Chrysalis. The white queen is Sun or Sunset, and the white pawn is the mirror she has seen in the room."

Then Twilight uses her magic to recreate the scene and explains, "We all know that Sun or Sunset wen to the room, and assume it's the throne room. Chrystal or Sun's mystery being saw her and started the fire trapping her inside."

The others nod their head in reply and are looking at a clear very of the clues to what is going on. Princess Celestia is a bit worried of what the results is, but wants to know what happened to Sunset.

Twilight says, "Then while being trapped in the fire she must have received scratches and burns and then used the mirror to signal for help. But when she fallen through the mirror in the room, everything went back for her."

"And then somehow ended up at her school," Spike suggests.

"I think so," Twilight replies.

Princess Celestia look at the diagram and says, "It does seem that Sun has just come across Canterlot High around the time of the fire."

"Yes. But there's not much to go by. If only Sun could remember anything else that has happened after falling through the mirror," Princess Luna replies.

"Yeah. It's like Sun ended up at Canterlot High right after she fell through the mirror," Pinkie adds with a confused look.

Just then Twilight remember something and says, "Didn't Sun remember something about a magical mirror, maybe it has something to do with that."

Rainbow looks at Twilight with a confused look and says, "Come on Twilight, is not like there's a magical mirror that can take somepony to a different location."

"You never know. Equestria is filled of magical items like the alicorn amulet. I wouldn't be surprised that a magical mirror like that exist in Equestria somewhere," Twilight replies.

While hearing the conversation, something in Celestia's mind has hit her really hear. It's when Twilight and Rainbow mention the mirror Sun has mentioned in her dream. She then remember something very important and realized something that could be the explanation for everything.

Princess Luna notice that her sister is deep in thought about something. She starting to think that her sister may know something.

Princess Luna asks with concern, "Sister, are you okay? You look a bit deep in thought about something."

The others look at Celestia and can see that she is deep in thought about something. They wonder what that something is and think it might involve with Sun and her dreams.

Celestia snaps back into reality and says, "I'm… I'm fine. I just… have to think over about something. And I need to think about this alone."

Twilight is reluctant about it at first, but decides to let Celestia think about this. The others including, Celestia's sister agree to let their princess think about this alone. With the agreement, Princess Celestia leaves the room to go to her royal chamber to think about she has on her mind.

After she is gone, Twilight and the others are wondering what Celestia has on her mind.

Fluttershy asks in a worried look," I wonder what's wrong with her?"

"I don't know. She seems to be wondering about something," Twilight replies.

Pinkie eats a piece of a cupcake and suggests, "You think she knows something about Sun or Sunset?"

"Could be. She did seem a bit skeptic when we brought up the mirror," Rainbow replies.

Twilight turns to Rainbow and says, "Maybe she knows a mirror like that really does exist and just being hidden away from most ponies."

"Could be. But how does Sun… or Sunset knew about this mirror," Applejack replies.

Rarity suggests, "Maybe since she used to be Princess Celestia's prized student, it's possible the princess was able to trust her with that kind of secret magical item."

"That seems like a possible theory. Sun also remember that she dreamt of Princess Celestia one time and there's another Celestia and reminds her of the princess. It's possible Sun is trying to remember Princess Celestia since she was her student," Twilight explains, agreeing to Rarity's suggestion.

Spike turns to the door and says, "I sure like to know what Princess Celestia knows?"

"Me too Spike," Twilight says with giving her a hug.

In Princess Celestia's royal chamber, the alicorn princess is still think about what is on her mind. She is still trying to figure it out and hopefully able to find a way if her theory is correct.

Just then Princess Celestia levitated a small chest to her and then opens it with her magic. Princess Celestia looks inside to see that it's the red shimmer sun pendant. That pendet is half of Sunset's necklace and it's the only thing she has to remind her of all the time they have together.

Princess Celestia says in her though, "Is it possible… is it possible that Sunset really fallen though that mirror?"

She then starts to remember the first time she has shown Sunset that mirror. And how Sunset becomes very curious about it. Of course, she remember that her curiosity has gotten her into trouble. During the time, she's about year older than Twilight when she seems the mirror. In a way, Sunset has been with Celestia for a year at that time.

Sunset is walking with Princess Celestia to they can talk in the throne room about something the princess wants to talk to her about. Sunset can understand that her mentor means well, but sometime has trouble understanding her little problem.

Sunset turns to Princess Celestia and asks, "So, what are we going to discuss about."

"I was hoping to discus about your… social skills. I've heard that you have done very well in your studies and working with other students during the projects. But they noticed you don't really get along with your classmates." Princess Celestia explains.

Sunset sighs sadly and says, "I was afraid of that."

"Care to explains?" Princess Celestia asks.

"Well, it's not that I don't want to. At least… not at first," Sunset answers.

Then Sunset becomes sadden and says, "It's just some of my classmate have some problem when I acted so smart, especially Falling Star."

Princess Celestia is starting to understand what Sunset and saying and says, "Is she bothering you again?"

"Not really, but… I have this bad impression that she really doesn't like me. I tried to becomes friends with her, but she brushes me off. And some of the other students seems to like me because of me being your student and that I'm smart and powerful," Sunset answers.

Sunset sighs and says, "So I kind of… decided to stop trying to make friends here. And… you seem to be like a friend so I won't give up on that."

Princess Celestia is starting to understand what's wrong with her student. She is starting to give up on making friends because of her classmates, but mostly because of Falling Stars' bitterness towards her. She is kind of happy that Sunset consider her a friend other than a mentor.

Princess Celestia put her wing over Sunset and says, I understand that making friends is rather hard and it can take some time. But try not to give up on it and someday you will end up with many friends."

Sunset looks at the princess with a small smile and says, "I'll try, but I don't know how will it turn out."

"You never know. But I think I know what will help you," Princess Celestia replies.

Princess Celestia escort Sunset across the throne room and show her a strange mirror that looks like it's made of crystals and nice purple colors. Sunset is very curious about this mirror and thinks it looks pretty. Then again, it might be important if the princess brings her to it.

"What's this Princess?" Sunset asks.

"It's a very special mirror," Princess Celestia answers.

With that, Princess Celestia shows Sunset to stand in front of the mirror. Sunset is kind of confused about looking at the mirror. She thinks it's just an ordinary mirror, but since it belong to the princess, there must be something special about it.

Princess Celestia says, "Look into this mirror and tell me what you see."

'A beautiful pony that has nothing but power and potential," Sunset answers while admiring at herself in the mirror.

"Not exactly what I meant," Princess Celestia firmly says.

"I know. I was just teasing," Sunset says with a grin on her face.

Celestia giggles a bit and says, "Oh you."

Sunset then looks at the mirror and can see her reflection. As she look to the mirror Sunset can see something strange, almost like she is seeing the pony she is and might be.

"I see a pony that does have a lot of power, but still needs time to control it and sometime wishes to have friends," Sunset replies.

Then Sunset says, "I also see if I'm able to control that kind of power, then I'll become somepony that can use it to help everypony and become somepony important…"

"Someone that can help rule Equestria…" Sunset adds.

Just then the mirror is showing her again, but something is different about it. She is seeing herself as an alicorn. She has an alicorn wing and has a crown that is like her necklace on her head. Just then Sunset, sees something else in the mirror. She sees herself in a strange body that has two legs and two arms and strange claws. She has pony ears, long hair and extened ponytail, and has yellow shimmering wings on her back.

Just then the visions disappears from the mirror and shows Sunset her original reflections. Sunset puts her hoof on the mirror with a shock look and wonder what she has seen in the mirror. It shows her being in different forms, but not sure what it means.

Sunset shockley says, "What… what was that?"

Are you okay?" Princess Celestia asks with concern.

Sunset nods her head and says, "Yes. I'm fine. But for a minute there… I thought I saw myself as an alicorn, just like you. Then I saw myself as this strange creature and has an extended hair pony ears, and wings on the beck. I can't understand what exactly I saw."

"Maybe you did and maybe you didn't. You never know what your true destiny lies," Princess Celestia says calmly.

Sunset looks at the princess and says, "I understand."

Then Princess Celestia calmly says"We're finished with our lessons for today. Now when you get home, you will think about what we discussed and you can reflect on it"

"Okay," Sunset replies.

After saying their goodbyes, Sunset leaves the castle to head back home while the princess stays in the throne room. Princess Celestia looks at the mirror with a confused look and wonder what exactly has Sunset saw. She believes Sunset is telling the truth when she sees herself in the mirror.

After the flashback, Princess Celestia is starting to shed a tear from her eye and looking at the necklace. She thinks about her theory very carefully and thinks that it is possible that what really happen to Sunset Shimmer, but not entirely sure.

She looks at the window and says, "I know it's a thought, but there's no other explanation. I only hope there is a way to prove that it's trues. If only… it's will open very soon."

With that Princess Celestia is finished think about what she believes and decided to go see the others. She puts the charm away and place the chest where it belongs. Before she leaves, she looks at the book to see the journal that is used to contact Sunset or Sun. After that she leave the room and leaves the journal where it is. She really hopes that if Sunset really is alive then she might have an idea where she is.

Author's Note:

Next Time: Sun's Birthday is here. Yay! :pinkiehappy:

PreviousChapters Next