• Published 27th Nov 2016
  • 2,865 Views, 170 Comments

The Lost Shimmering Sun - Pinkie Pie Sweets



Sunset escape a trangic fate and lost her memory, how will her life go living in another world?

  • ...
6
 170
 2,865

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 39: Ghost Butterflies Fly Away

Sun is in the entrance room of the house looking for the Blue Lady. She can see that the house is very old and dirty. From the looks of the condition of the house, it looks like no one has been here for years. As Sun look around the house, she can see that the house reminds her of how the mansion looks like she has seen in her dreams.

Sun looks around the house as she says in her thoughts, "This place looks very old. It almost what I have seen in my dream."

She then start to stop and think of where the Blue Lady can be. Even if she knows where she is, she is wonder on how she can help her find peace.

Sun says in her thoughts, "I wonder if the Blue Lady is still on the balcony. But where is it?"

Sun looks around to see a staircase at the other side of the room. Since she remember the balcony is on the second floor, she believes that where she should look. After reaching that conclusion, Sun star to walk upstairs to find the balcony that is also where the Blue Lady's room might be.

As Sun starts to walk upstairs, Big Boy and Run are in the hallways downstairs hiding from Sun. The two boys are up to their old tricks again. They figure that since they don't get to have any candy, they are going to have something that will be more fun for them, but it's not going to be fun for Sun.

Big Boy laughs quietly and says, "This is going to be fun."

"Yeah. We may not get any candy, but we going to give Sun the scare of her life." Run says with a grin on her face.

The two boys have a bag full of scary tricks for Sun and can't wait to scare her. However, as they are getting ready to pull their tricks, the ghost, Lapis Lazuli, is watching the two boys from the other side of the hall. Lapis can see that Sun is looking for her, but can also see the two boys are going to play nasty tricks on her.

Lapis says in her thoughts, "So the girl name is Sun She seems very very sweet and kind. Don't worry, I'll take care of those two boys for you."

The ghost decides to hide herself from the two boys and Sun so they wouldn't notice him. As Sun walks upstairs she looks around to see if the Blue Lady is around somewhere.

Sun asks in her thoughts, "I wonder where her room is?"

Sun has made her way upstairs to see the place is still old and dirty. Sun remember that is the balcony is facing the front of the house, then she needs to find the room that in the front of the room. Just then Sun hears a crashing and breaking noise coming from downstairs. Sun looks down from the top to see or hear that nothing seems to be there. She think that it is nothing so she continue to search for the room.

Hiding from Sun, Big Boy and Runt have been spooked but the sudden fall of the vase. They don't see who knocked it over, but know it hasn't knocked over on it own.

Runt turns to Big Boy asks with a nervous, "Did you knocked that over?"

"Not me," Big Boys answers sounded spoked.

"Well, there's no one else in this house," Run remarks.

Big Boy and Run have been really sparked by the noises and wonder who could have knocked the vase over.

Big Boys then says, "Come on, she's getting away,"

"Right," Runt replies, agreeing to the idea.

After their conversation and sudden scared, Big Boy and Runt decide to follow Sun upstairs hoping to scare her. Laspis as knows as the Blue Lady is still watching them. She is glad she has scared the boys, but need to get them out of the house and away from Sun. She flies through the floor to beat the boys to the second floor and come up with a different way to scare the two.

Meanwhile, the girls have made it to Fluttershy's house to see how she is doing and to give the candy they promised Sun. Rainbow Dash knocks on the door and Fluttershy opens the door right way.

At that time young crusaders, Diamond Tiara, and Silver Spoon who are still in their costumes call out, "Trick or treat!"

Fluttershy giggles and says, "Hello girls it's very nice to see you."

"Nice to see you too, Fluttershy," Sweetie Belle says.

Fluttershy takes out a bowl full of candy and says, "Here are the candy for tonight and it's chocolate balls with chocolate powder."

"Yay!" the young girls cheer with excitement.

Fluttershy hands the girls three wrapped chocolate balls each. The youngs girls are happy to get some delicious candy and can't wait to eat them.

Just then Fluttershy notice that some on in the group is missing and knows which one it is.

Fluttershy curiously asks, "But where is Sun?"

"Sun decides to go into the haunted mansion where the ghost like just so Big Boy and Run will leave our sisters alone," Rarity explains.

Rainbow Dash hands Fluttershy a bag with a butterfly on it and says, "She also wanted us to give you this bag of candy,"

Fluttershy looks at the bag with a surprised look and says, "She got me candy,"

"While we were trick or treating, Sun decides to get you some," Applejack explains.

"That's very sweet of her," Fluttershy says with a smile.

"Yes. I'm hoping Sun will be able to handle being in that creepy and old mansion," Rarity replies sounding worried.

"So did we," Rainbow Dash replies.

"I wish we would go in there with her. She shouldn't have to do it alone and it's no fun going in there without her friends," Pinkie replies.

"Pinkie Pie's right. Even if they said only one of us should go in there, we should have come anyway. Besides I'm getting a bad feeling that Big Boy and Runt are going to give Sun some trouble if we don't do something," Applejack explains with a serious look.

"After what they did to me and the girls, I wouldn't put it past them," Fluttershy adds sounding a bit scared.

"Then let's go find Sun before something happen," Rainbow Dash replies.

"But what about us?" Scootaloo asks.

"Yeah. What are we supposed to do? Diamond Tiara adds.

"I'd think it's best if y'all start heading home. It's getting late and I don't think our parent will be happy if you go in that old mansion," Applejack suggests.

The girls nod their head replying yes, think it will be a good idea to start heading home.

Then Apple Bloom says, "Okay sis, we'll start heading home."

"Then let's hit the road," Rainbow Dash says.

With that, Fluttershy and the others leave to go find Sun while Apple Bloom and the others decides to start heading back home for the night. They wish that Sun will be alright and hope that the bullies haven't done anything to her yet. Fluttershy decides to come because she cares about Sun and she's her friend too. Little do the girls know, five transparent blue butterflies are there they're following them to the mansion and are determined to follow them too.

Back at the mansion, Sun is looking through the rooms to see what's in each of the rooms. Sun looks in some of the rooms to see that most of the rooms are bedrooms, but not of them has a balcony, just windows. Sun looks to see there is one door she hasn't looked into yes. The one on the far right of the hall.

Sun says to herself in thought," Maybe the room is in there?"

Sun opens the door to see that the room does lead to the balcony. But she can also see that it has a bed with a canopy above it, a large mirror, a desk with another mirror on it, a couch, a night stand with a lamp on it. There is also something that catches her eyes. She sees that next to the balcony is a window with a cage next to it.

She says in her thoughts, "That must be the cage that Lapis' butterflies uses to live in before they were set free."

"But where is she?" Sun asks to herself.

Outside the room, Big Boy and Runt see Sun in the room. With no other way to get out, they think now will be the perfect time to scare her. The two boys start to snicker in amusement of the fun they are going to have and can't wait to get started.

Big Boy says, "Looks like we found her."

"And there's nowhere for her to go except out of this house screaming her heart out," Runt says.

Then Runt asks, "Got the sheets?"

"Yeah. Got the goo?" Big Boy replies.

"Yep," Runt answers.

The two boys can't wait to get their halloween prank started and want to scare Sun good. Just then Big Boy starts to feel something on his shoulder. He turns around to see that no one is there.

Big Boy turns to Run and asks, "Did you touch my shoulder?"

"No," Runt answers while shaking his head in reply.

Big Boy is start to feel that someone is watching them from a distance. He decides to ignore it and continue with the pranks they have plan. The boys put the sheets over them so they can look like ghost and get the gray goo out so they can scare Sun good.

Sun who is till in the room is looking at the condition of the room. She can tell that out of the room in the house that she sees, this is the only room that isn't much dirty and old. From the condition of the room she can see that someone must have been taking care of it.

Just then, the room slams open so hard that Sun jumps a bit and face the door with a shock look on her face. Sun can see that two ghost are coming in the room throwing some goo across the room. Sun has no idea what is going on, but one thing she does know, neither one of the ghost is the Blue Lady. The two ghost circle around them making spooky noises and other stuff. Sun is not scared at all. However, she is very confused of what the two are doing.

When the two ghosts in sheets stop to face Sun, they can see that Sun isn't a least scared. They have no idea why she isn't scared and not how their plan is going. The two ghosts turn their back from Sun to she can't hear her, but aren't doing a good job at it.

"How come she isn't scared?" One of them asks.

"I don't know. Maybe she doesn't know what it's like to because," The other one replies.

Sun recognize the voices to be Big Boy and Runt. She assumes they already have gone home, but seeing them here is making her a bit confused.

Sun comes up to them and says, "Actually, I know what fear is. But Big Boy, Runt, I hate to admit but… neither of you are scary at all while wearing these sheets."

Big Boy and Run are shocked to hear that Sun knows it them under the sheet. They take the sheets off to see that Sun not being scared one bit. The two boys want to know she knows it's them and not ghosts.

"How did you know it was us and not ghost," Big Boy asks with a shock.

"And home come you're not scared of us?" Runt asks.

"I kind of recognized your voices, I may not know much about ghost, but when I saw Lapis, she looks like a person that what you're dressed up as," Sun explains.

Sun then notice a woman dressed in blue. From the looks of it, she is able to tell she must be the Blue Lady. She does has to tell them about her and can see that what's a ghost supposed to look like.

Sun questionably says, "And she's right behind you."

Big Boy and Runt starts to laugh at Sun statement. They believe that Sun is making this up.

"You expect us to believe that," Big Boy replies.

"Come on, how stupid do you think we are?" Runt asks.

Just then, the ghost smile and calmly says, "You might not believe her, but are you willing to believe me."

"That depends on…" Big boys is about to explains, but start to feel shivers up his spin.

Big Boy and Runt are feeling nervous and pale right about now. When the slowly turn around, they can see the ghost of the Blue Lady is right behind them, just like Sun is telling them.

Lapis simply smiles at them and says, "I don't usually show myself in front of other than one with sadness in their hearts, but I can't allow you to share this kind girl."

After hearing these words, Big Boy and Run screams so loud that it can be hear from across town. Then out of fear, Big Boy and Runt runs out of the room at top speed and are heading home.

Sun and Lapis are facing each other and have no clue what to do at first. Sun has never encounter a ghost before, but can tell she is a nice ghost.

Lapis shows a calm smile and says, "Hello Sun, it's very nice to meet you,"

Sun questionably asks, "You're Lapis Lazuli, aren't you?"

"Indeed I am," Lapis answers with a smile on her face.

"It's very nice to meet you, too," Sun says with a smile.

She then questionably asks, "But how did you know my name?"

"I've seen you when you were trying to help those girls. I heard your name when your friends were concerned about you going into my home. When I heard the two boys were going to prank you, I was hoping to get them to leave my home and leave you alone, " Lapis explains.

Lapis starts to giggle a bit and says, "I'm surprised that you didn't get scared of them while dressed up as ghost."

"Yeah. They're not very convincing," Sun replies.

She then comes up to her and says, "Now that I'm able to see you, I want to help you find happiness so you won't feel so lonely anymore."

Lapis is surprised to hear what Sun is saying. Then again, she remember hearing that Sun wants to find and help her with her problem.

Lapis shows a sad smile and says, "I'm very grateful for the help, but I'm afraid there's not much you can do for me."

"How come?" Sun asks.

"Well, for some cases, ghost need to sort out their problems on their own. Sometime you can't fix it. Lapis sadly explains.

Sun shows a sad look on her face and says, "I understand that losing the butterflies is liking losing great friend, but you can't keep locking yourself up from everyone."

Lapis looks at Sun with a confused look and asks, "What do you mean?"

"What I mean is that you need to open up to others. Even if your butterflies are gone now, sometime it's good to try and make new friends too. I know what that man did was wrong, but I'm sure if you open your heart to others than you wouldn't be so lonely all this time." Sun explains.

Sun's word has sink into Lapis mind and heart. Lapis does love her butterflies, but never really know what it's like to have other people with her except her butterflies.

Lapis starts to shed tears and says, "I guess, after being so sick for the longest time and being with my butterflies, I never know what I've been missing this whole time. I've never know what it's like to have friends."

Sun looks at Lapis with a sad look and feels sorry for Lapis for being sad and alone.

"I'm very glad to have someone like you to show me it. I do wish you and I can be friends," Lapis says with a smile on her face.

"Sun simes and says, Of course we can be friends."

"Thanks Sun," Lapis says with a smile.

During the time, Lapis and Sun are sitting on her old bed and talk for a while on the time and memories they have with the one who are dear to them. Turns out, they have some similarities and they seem to get along pretty well.

On the street close to the mansion, Sun's friends are hurrying to the mansion to see if She's alright and to see if Big Boy and Runt haven't done anything to her. Just as they are getting close to the mansion, they can see Big Boy and Run running fast them, running and screaming her heads off. They look back to see them still running and screaming.

Applejack confusedly asks, "What in the hay is going on?"

"The ghost!" Big Boy screams with horror.

"She's real!" Runt adds screaming his head off.

After they are far from the group as possible, Applejack and the others are kind of confused to hear them saying something that is confused.

Pinkie says with a confused look, "Did they just said ghost is real?"

The others nod their head in reply hearing to what they hear. Just then what they have said is getting them very scared.

They horribly scream, "Sun!"

At top speed, they run to see if Sun is alright. They run into the house and hoping to find. Her. Thanks to Pinkie Pie's pinkie sense, they are able to find Sun very easily. When the barge into the room, they are shocked to see Sun with the ghost of Lapis Lazuli. No one has say anything and not sure how to say it for that matter.

Sun questionably says, "Hi girls, what are you doing here?"

"What are we doing? What are you doing having a conversation with a ghost? Rarity asks with a shock look.

"She's my friend," Sun answers with a smile.

Her friends shockley screams, "Friend!"

"Sun nods her head and says, "Girls, this is Lapis Lazuli. Lapis these are the friends I told you about."

Lapis comes toward Sun's friends and says, "Hello, it's very nice to meet you."

The others are shocked to see that the girls is introducing herself to them. They can see that the ghost isn't very mean like some ghost. In fact, she seems very nice.

Pinkie smiles and says, "It's very nice to meet you. Glad you're not one of those meanie pants ghosts in the movies."

"Pinkie. Be quiet," Rainbow mutters.

Lapis giggles and says, "That's okay. There are some evil spirits in the world, but glad you know I'm not."

"I guess that's good," Applejack nervously replies.

Fluttershy gets up and asks, "Are you alright Sun?"

"Did those boys scared you?" Rainbow asks looking serious.

Sun shakes her head and says, "They tried to, but they weren't scary at all. They the only ones who got scared when they saw Lapis. And she's trying to scare them off for trying to scare me."

Rarity and the others look at Lapis and ask, "You did?"

"Yes. Sun was a very kind hearted person. I don't think those two have to right to scare her, Lapis explains.

The girls smile to see that Sun is alright and that they end up with a new friend, even if she is a spirit. Just then, the girls can hear a strange knocking coming from the balcony door.

Sun questionably asks, "I wonder who that could be?"

Sun opens the balcony door and to her surprise, she can see five morpho butterflies at front of the door.

Sun turns to them with a smile and says, "Looks like we don't have to worry about Lapis butterflies now.

The others are kind of confused as to what Sun is talking about. Sun opens the door to the balcony all the way and five morpho butterflies start to fly into the room. Lapis gasps with delight to see that those butterflies are hers.

"My butterflies! You've come back!" Lapis says with excitement.

The butterflies start to fly around Lapis and looks like Lapis and her butterflies are happy to see each other again. Sun and her friends figure that the butterflies must be waiting to see her too. Now that Lapis and her butterflies have found each other maybe now she can live at peace.

Lapis turns to Sun and her friends and says, "I'm very glad I get to meet all of you. Now that my friends have return I can finally live in peace."

She then turns to Sun and says. "I especially want to take you Sun. You taught me that even though I may lost my old friends I shouldn't give up on making new one. Maybe when I go to that place where we're heading, I'll be able to make new friend. But you will always be my first new friend."

Sun and her friends smile to see that Lapis and her butterflies are happy to be together. Lapis is glad she is able to make one new friend before reuniting with her butterfly friends. Just then, Lapis transform into a morpho butterfly to, which surprise Sun and her friends. With that, Lapis who is in her new form and her butterflies fly out of the wondo and go to that very special place to make new friends and live happily.

With Lapis and her butterflies are gone, Sun smiles to see that Lapis and her butterflies are together and she's going to try and make new friends along the way. Her friend on the other hand are still surprised to see the event and how helpful Sun is with the ghost.

"There are something that will never be explained in this world," Rainbow Dash replies.

"You can say that again," Applejack says agreeing to the statement.

Sun simply says, "I hope she and her butterflies will be happy."

"I'm sre they will," Fluttershy replies with a smile.

At that moment, it shows that even when friends have to leave, they will alway live be in their hearts. Friendship will always last forever and will end up coming back to them with a smile on their faces. Sun and her friends know that this is a halloween they will never forget for a long time.

Author's Note:

Next time: It will take us back to Equestria, and Twilight along with her friends, and the princesses have something they need to figure out.

PreviousChapters Next