• Published 27th Nov 2016
  • 2,862 Views, 170 Comments

The Lost Shimmering Sun - Pinkie Pie Sweets



Sunset escape a trangic fate and lost her memory, how will her life go living in another world?

  • ...
6
 170
 2,862

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 36: The Fall Formal

It's been some time since the twins are born. Now she is simply going on with her normal life. Right now, it's about the time of the Fall Formal Dance and everyone in the school are excited about it. Sun and her friends are discussing about the kind of dress they want to wear and the decorations for it at her house. However, there is one thing that Sun has found out and the girls want her to do it.

Sun questionably says, "You girls want me to do what?"

"We think it will be a good idea for you to try to run for Princess of the Fall Formal," Rarity explains.

"Why would you want me to be on the ballot again?" Sun asks.

"Because you have the best chance of winning," Applejack explains.

"And you're the smartest student in CHS," Fluttershy adds with a smile.

"You are also one of the most respected student too," Rainbow Dash adds.

"And the nicest," Pinkie says with a bit smile.

Sun can see that the girls really want her to sign up for the Fall Formal Princess ballot. She can see that the girls have giving her some reasons to why they want her to compete.

Sun nervously asks, "Girls, are you sure you really want me to be running for Fall Formal Princess?"

"To put it simple darling…" Rarity begins to say.

Then she and the others say, "Yes!"

Sun can see that her friends are not going to let this whole princess thing go very easily. She does want to do it, but she kind of wants to give someone else a chance. The girls can see that Sun is skeptical about the idea.

Rainbow comes up to Sun and says, "Come on, you were great for the Spring Fling,"

"Except for what Arctic Snow and her friends did to you," Pinkie says out of the blue.

Applejack hits Pinkie on the back of the head with her hat and says, "Something that we don't need to be reminded."

"Come on girl, you have the best chance of winning and we need to let everyone know it," Rainbow Dash explains.

Sun starts to think about it a little more and maybe it wouldn't be so bad to compete in the ballot again. After some time thinking she is starting to think it will be a good idea to be on it.

"If you say so," Sun replies with a smile.

"I know so," Rainbow Dash says with excitement.

Then Rarity happily says, "And I have a wonderful idea for the dress you will be wearing."

"Um, thanks," Sun says while blushing.

"Anytime darling," Rarity calmly says.

"Then I guess I'm in," Sun says agreeing to the idea.

Then Pinkie says, "Good. Remember I need your signature to make it official."

With that, Pinkie takes the clipboard and a pen from her hair and present it to Sun. Sun is a bit confused on how Pinkie can put stuff like a clipboard in her hair. Sun grabs the pin from Pinkie and then signs her name of the paper to be on the ballot. After signing her name, Sun gives the pen back to Pinkie. Then Pinkie puts the clipboard and pen in her hair.

"And there," Pinkie happily says

"Okay, but it's going to be a few days before the dance and I promised you to help out with the gym preparation," Sun replies.

"Don't worry, the sooner we finished, the sooner we can help you win some votes. Our friends are going to help us," Pinkie says while giving her a hug.

Rainbow Dash and the others nod their heads agreeing to help with the dance set up and give them some time to do other things.

Sun simply smiles and says, "I guess that can work."

After their talk, Sun and the others are at the gym starting to set up the decorations, food, and other supplies for the school dance. Sun can see that Pinkie has a lot of stuff for the decorations including a giant cannon in there as well. She can see that the canon is used to spread the decorations all over the gym.

Sun starts to laugh and says, "You sure love throwing different kind of parties."

"You bet!" Pinkie says cheerfully.

"Interesting," Sun replies.

"Yeah and I throw parties for anyone even new students and people that might be strangers," Pinkie adds with a smile.

After hearing about the statement Pinkie makes, the others think it will be a good time to talk to Sun about something. Something they have been wondering about.

Rarity comes up to Sun and Pinkie as she says, "Well, since we're talking about, I think we should talk about the strangers that were talking to Sun."

"Why?" Pinkie asks.

"Well Pinkie, it's not very good to talk to strangers even if they are our age. Sun doesn't know them or she could remember anyway," Applejack explains.

She then turns to Sun and says, "Uh, no offence."

"None taken," Sun replies.

Sun starts to feel unsure about wanting to talk to the girls about the three other girls she meet some time ago. The girls start to notice that Sun is feeling unsure about it and wants to know what's wrong.

Fluttershy asks, "Is there something wrong?"

Sun looks at her friends with a concern look and says, "I don't know... I mean those girls... there were something odd about them."

"How so?" Pinkie asks.

She then gasps and make a bit smile on her face.

Pinkie happily asks, "Are they aliens from outer space?"

Sun laughs a little and answers, "No Pinkie, I don't think they're aliens."

"Aww!" Pinkie says feeling a bit disappointed.

Then Rainbow Dash says, "Maybe we should her explain it to us?"

The girls look at Sun seeing if she can give out any details about the mysterious girls.

Sun explains, "That's just it, I can't put my finger on it. They acted a bit strange around me."

She then says, "Except for that blue pony tail girls, Sonata, she seems very nice. She kind of remind me of you Pinkie."

"Really!" Pinkie says with a smile.

"Yep," Sun answers.

"But you said there were three girls, right?" Rarity questionably says,

"And you said one of them is named Sonata. What were the other two names?" Fluttershy asks.

"There was one with purple pigtails named Aria and a girl with puffy orange hair named Adagio," Sun explains.

The girls can see that Sun is kind of starting to feel a bit uncomfortable about giving the details. They wonder if something has happened that is making feel unsure about it.

Rainbow suspiciously asks, "Did you pick up a weird vibe from them?"

Sun starts to feel uncertain and says, "Well, Aria seems to be annoyed with Sonata and seems to be in a bad mood most of the time we talked."

"What about that other girl, Adagio?" Rarity asks.

Sun answers, "She seems okay, but she kind of asked me a strange question."

"What kind of question?" Fluttershy asks.

"She asked if I knew a place called Equestria, but I don't remember it," Sun answers looking a bit questionable about it.

The girls look a bit confused and says, "Equestria?"

Sun nods her head replying yes to the question. They are starting to think that the girls are not exactly normal or just plain strange.

Rainbow Dash says with suspicions, "If you ask me, those girls are weird?"

"So how come you talk to them?" Applejack asks.

Sun hesitates to answer Applejacks question at first and not sure about answering it,

Sun nervously answers, "Well actually… they talked to me."

The girls look even more confused and questionably says, "Huh!"

They are confused to hear that Sun hasn't talked to them first, the mysterious girls are the one who talk first.

"You mean to tell us that they walk up to you and talked to you and ask you a strange question too," Rainbow Dash replies.

"Um yes," Sun answers with a small smile.

Applejack looks at Sun with a concern look and says, "Well, I think those girls were up to something and you shouldn't talk to them either."

"I guess so," Sun replies, feeling a bit concern.

"Now enough talk, we have a dance to put on!" Pinkie cheers.

"Right," The girls reply with smiles on their faces.

The girls continue to work on the gym until it's nice and ready for the school dance. After a few days of getting the word out Sun is on the ballot and tell them why they should vote for her, the dance is going to be starting now.

The dance has started and everyone is having a good time. Sun and her friends are having a good time eating snack, dancing, talking to each other. Sometime later the girls are at the sitting on the bleachers talking among themselves as they are having drinks and snack.

Applejack says, "The dance sure is turning out good."

"And we have the nice dress for it too," Rarity replies happily.

"And the good food here too," Pinkie adds as she eat some cookies.

Sun giggles a bit and says, "Make sure not to eat them all like last time you almost did."

"Oh right, when was it again?" Sun replies with her happy face.

"It was during the bake sale we set up for adoption day at the animal shelter," Applejack explains.

Then Sun says, "Applejack and I had to make more food after you at most of it."

Pinkie laughs nervously and says, "My bad."

"It's okay, you helped us replace all the snacks and drinks," Sun replies.

"I know," Pinkie says with a calm smile.

Sun and her friends are having a good time together. They start to remember when their friendship first begin little by little.

Rainbow Dash looks at the stage and says, "Here come Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna."

All the students including Sun and her friends look on the stage to see the Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna walking on the stage. Vice Principal Luna is holding a box that contains the Fall Formal Crown for this year. When the reach the stage the light over them starts to turn on and they are ready to make their announcement.

Principal Luna announces, "Good evening everyone, I'm sure that you all have a wonderful time for tonight."

Everyone start to clap and cheer that they are enjoying the dance and having a good time there.

Then Principal Celestia says, "And now, we will be presenting this year's fall formal crown."

Vice Principal Luna opens the box to reveal the crown for the dance. The crown is a silver colored tiara that has a red gem in the middle. Everyone are waiting to see who is the winner of the dance is.

Sun notice that this crown is different than the one she has when she competes in the Spring Fling.

Sun says, "The crown sure looks different from the one I got from the spring fling."

"Yeah. Every school dance the crown is different," Rainbow Dash says.

On stage Vice Principal Luna hands her sister, Principal Celestia the envelop that has the name of the fall formal princess winner on it.

Principal Celestia takes the envelop and says, "The princess of this year Fall Formal is…"

Sun friends are excited because they want her to win the formal. To Sun even though she might not win the crow, she is glad to have good friends who support her.

Principal Celestia opens the envelope to read the name of the winner.

Then she announces, "Sun."

Everyone start to clap and cheer for their princess. Rainbow and the other start to cheer really loud and congratulate Sun for winning. Sun however, is not to surprised, but hasn't expected to win the crown again.

Rarity simply winks at her and happily says, "Told ya."

Sun walks on stage and face in front of Principal Celestia so she can get her prize.

"Congratulation," Principal Celestia says.

"Thank you," Sun replies.

Then Principal Celestia puts the crown on her head and she feels okay about having another crown. After receiving her crown, Sun walks down the stage and meet up with her friends to see them very happy for Sun to win the crown. When Sun reach her friends, they start to talk to Sun about winning the crown.

"I knew you had the best chance of winning," Rainbow Dash says with pride.

"I guess so," Sun replies.

Then Sun asks, "So do you know if there's any holidays coming or anything?"

"Just halloween," Pinkie answers happily.

"Halloween?" Sun questionably replies.

Pinkie nods her head and says, "Yep. Dressing up in costumes, getting free candy, throwing halloween parties, and getting scared on this fun holiday.

Sun starts to think about the holiday that Pinkie mentions. For some strange reason she feels like she has never heard of that holiday before. But the way Pinkie talks about the holiday, she feels like she does.

Rarity asks, "What's wrong Sun, don't you know?"

Sun looks at Rarity and says, "I don't know. I felt like I know the holiday, but for some reason… I have a feeling it was called something else."

"Really?" Fluttershy questionably replies.

Sun nods her head and says, "Yeah."

Rainbow Dash and the others start to listen in on Sun's statement. They think it's something she must have remember from her past. They kind of wish they know what Sun's past is, but with her having amnesia and have little memory relapse, it might not be easy for them to figure out. They decide to try asking her to see what she does remember and just go on with their time at the dance.

Applejack says, "Well Sun, what ever you're remember, I'm sure we'll understand it soon enough."

"Yeah. You just need to regain more memories and you'll be fine," Rainbow Dash adds.

Then she mutters, "Hopefully, it won't to be too weird."

Sun giggles hearing Rainbow mutters and says, "Don't worry, I'll try not to make this strange for you. No promises, but I'll try."

Rainbow laugh a bit sheepish because Sun hears her saying it. The others start to giggle a bit at Rainbow when she blushes.

Then Pinkie happily cheers, "Enough of all that talking, let's party!"

And so they continues to part at the Fall Formal Dance until it's time for them all to go home. Sun really enough going to the fall dance and love to be with her friends. She does like the idea of winning the crown again, but does think it's that important. She also can't wait for this holiday 'Halloween' to come up. All she knows is that she will be able to have fun with her friends and family.

Author's Note:

Next time: sun has come across with a Canterlot City Legend

PreviousChapters Next