• Published 27th Nov 2016
  • 2,865 Views, 170 Comments

The Lost Shimmering Sun - Pinkie Pie Sweets



Sunset escape a trangic fate and lost her memory, how will her life go living in another world?

  • ...
6
 170
 2,865

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 52: Tender, Love, and Chocolate

It's been three weeks since Sun takes Nina, the iriomote wild cat with her home and Sun is making sure her feline friend make herself at home. For the past few weeks, Sun has been taking very good care of the wild cat. She make sure to change her bandages, feeding her, and making sure she has everything she needs. Nina seems to be very calm and happy when Sun is around and always want to be with her every minute. Those two are as close as they can be, even Discord and Screwball are enjoying the wild cat's company.

Today, on a cold yet warm morning, it's a holiday of love, friendship and giving each other presents. This loving holiday is called Valentine's day, a day full of love, romance, and chocolate and flowers.

Sun is in the hallways after being dropped of by her dad to get some of her books from her backpack. But when Sun uses the combination to unlock her locker and opens it, a lot of heart shape boxes, flowers, and other kinds of boxes falls out of her locker. Sun is surprised to see so many things that are in her locker.

"What is all this stuff?" Sun surprisingly asks.

"Looks like you have a lot of admirers today," Rarity voice comes out.

Sun turns to see Rarity and the others walking to her and Rarity is the one with a really sweet smile on her face. Sun is kind of confused when Rarity means by admirers.

Sun asks, "What do you mean admirers?"

"What I mean is that there are a lot of boys who are interested in you," Rarity replies with a smile on her face.

Rainbow rolls her yes and says, "And you know what it's like to be showered by boys gifts and other kinds of attention."

"Yes. Yes, I do," Rarity replies, like she's proud of it.

Sun looks at the presents with a confused look and asks, "So what do I do with all of these presents?"

"First thing you need to do it to accept them," Rarity suggests with a smile .

"She means where on earth is she going to put them. She can't exactly keep them in her locker," Applejack clarifies.

"I know where she can keep them," Pinkie says with a smile.

"Where?" Sun asks.

Pinkie digs into her hair and pulls out a long gym bag. The bag is a light pink color and has the same balloon mark on her the bag like on her skirt.

Pinkie hands the bag to Sun and says, "In this."

"Uh, thanks," Sun replies with a confused look.

Sun takes the bag and starts putting the valentines presents inside the bag. Surprisingly, all the presents are able to fit inside the bag, but Sun finds it more surprising that Pinkie is able to keep a gym bag into her hair. After getting the presents into her locker, she grabs her books for class and puts the bag of presents into her locker.

After closing her closet, she turns to the girls and says, "Well, that's the end of the present like avalanche, let's get to class before the bell rings."

Pinkie giggles and says, "I get it."

Then Pinkie continues to giggle. Sun and the girls, along with Pinkie walks off to class so they can get their school day started.

As they walk, Sun turns to the others and says, "So how are your history project going?"

"Well I gotta admit, this history project is not half bad. I'm going my projects that involves sports," Rainbow answers.

Sun laughs a bit and says, "Of course you are. I'm a bit nervous on how my project is doing, it's due tomorrow."

"So Sun, how's Nina been doing?" Fluttershy asks.

"Nina has been doing fine. All of her scratches are gone, but she still needs more time before getting her strength back," Sun answers.

"I'm so glad," Fluttershy says with a smile.

"Yeah. I guess that is one tough cat," Rainbow Dash remarks.

"You're right, but something is bothering a bit," Rarity replies with a questionable expression.

"What's that?" Applejack asks.

"I wonder how did Nina managed to find Sun or why?" Rarity asks.

"Who wouldn't she?" Pinkie questionably replies.

Rarity looks at Sun and says, "I know there's nothing wrong with Nina staying with you Sun, but I'm wonder how the cat managed to find you so easily and chose you off all people to be with?"

"To be honest, I don't really know why Nina chose me or how she managed to find me after that storm," Sun replies.

"Anything else you've notice about her?" Fluttershy asks.

Sun starts to think about the question and explains, Well, I've noticed that Nina is really attached to me. I don't think she wants to leave my side.

Rainbow laughs and says, "Yeah. Especially the way she snuck into your backpack to gone to school with you last week."

"Don't remind me, I almost got sent to Principal Celestia's office for that. What's more, I had no idea that Matilda's allergic to cats," Sun replies with a nervous laugh.

"Yes. She may not get an allergic reaction from them, but cat fur makes her sneeze a lot," Rarity adds.

"At least she let you off with a warning and that she's reasonable," Pinkie adds.

Sun giggles and says, "Speaking of Matilda, does she and Cranky Doodle have a relationship with each other."

"Are you kidding, those two have been together since Matilda started working here," Rainbow Dash adds.

"How long ago was that?" Sun asks.

"It's been around four years now," Applejack answers.

"I think it sounds sweet," Fluttershy says with a smile.

Rainbow sticks out her tongue and says, "Blech! It sounds a bit sappy if you ask me."

"Come on Rainbow, I'll bet there might be a boy that might be interested in you." Sun says.

"Whatever," Rainbow mutters.

Sun and the others start to giggle a bit and then leave to go to their classes. During the morning, Sun and her friends have been studying in their classes, making sure they have their assignments, and other kind of stuff they do in their class. In Sun's cooking class, She along with her friends, Applejack and Pinkie Pie have made some heart shaped chocolate candy, and heart shaped cookies with pink icing on it. Sun has made enough to give to her friends and her family as well. She even make some for Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna too.

After day at school, Sun is in the car with her dad and sister and are driving home from school. Sun doesn't have much homework to do, but has a lot of stuff to carry thanks to the valentine's gifts. When Sun reaches back home, her sister helps her get the bag to her room. Then her little wild cat runs up to her leg after putting the bag next to her desk.

Sun picks her cat up and says, "Hi Nina, glad to see you are feeling a lot better now."

The cat meows in reply. Sun simply pats her on the hand and places her on the bed. The Sun lies on the bed so she can relax. Sun doesn't have much homework to do, because she has finished most of it at school and already finished with her history project. The small cat simply starts to sleep on the bed and like the comfort of the bed.

Just then, Sun looks at her special journal that is on her desk and says in her thoughts, "Maybe I should write to Twilight about Nina and some of my other memories that I've seen so far. I also need to ask her about this Princess Celestia. I felt like I have known her for a long time."

Sun take the book from the top of her desk and takes a pen from her backpack so she can reply. Sun turns to pages to an empty one and starts to write down her entry.

Sun says in her thoughts as she writes her entry:

Dear Twilight,

How are things doing at your home town? I'm doing fine with some bumps on the road. I like to ask you about something that's been bothering me. A few months after living with my dad and sister, I've meet an iriomote wild cat named Nina, she and I have become good friends and we've only been together for a day. However, we had a storm a few weeks ago and it took the lives of Nina's entire family, so Nina came here to find me. I don't exactly know how she was about to find when I was being attacked by a wild dog, but I'm mostly wonder why she chose me? I know she and I are close, but she's been through so much to reach me. I like to get your opinion about it.

Another thing that I want to talk to you are about my memories. I still having dreams about the ponies who I sometimes believe might be my family, but I don't remember their name. Also, I've got this strong feeling that the pony called Princess Celestia that looks like my principal, I feel like I've know her... a long time ago. Sometime I wonder if my past is just weird or am I something else. Like I kept dreaming of myself as a pony. I would like to know what you think about it, but if you don't have the answer, then that's okay too. Hope to hear you again soon and I'm glad to have you as a friend. I really wish I can meet you someday.

Your friend,

Sun

After finishing her entry, she puts the journal back on the desk along with the pen. After placing her journal, Sun takes her leftover homework assignments out of her backpack and continues to do it until she is finish. After finishing her homework, she simply decides to play with her cat with a cat tail toy that has the scent of catnip on it, which is the cat's favorite. For the rest of the day, she has dinner with her family and do some studying in her room.

In the next few days, Sun has been working on her homework assignments, being with her friends and family along with her cat, and other kind of activities. On a cloudy day, Sun and her friends are talking at the cafeteria about some of their personal lives. Of course Pinkie has something that is more important to talk about.

"So Sun what do you want to do for your birthday?" Pinkie asks.

Sun scratches her head and says, "I don't know. I haven't really thought of it."

Pinkie looks at Sun with a surprised look and says, "Really. Your birthday is in a few weeks and I need to invite everyone for the party."

"To be honest Pinkie, I'm fine with just a small party," Sun says with a smile.

"Why a small party?" Pinkie asks.

"Well, I guess I still don't feel like having too much attention for some reason. I know You guys and your siblings are invited," Sun explains.

Rainbow laughs a bit and asks, "Even Zephyr."

"Yes. Even Zephyr," Sun answers.

"Beside us and your sibling, who else you're planning on inviting?" Rarity asks.

"Well, I was thinking on inviting Flash and his friends, Photo finished and her friends, Vinyl Scratch, Octavia, Lyra and Bon Bon, and.. I think that's about it. Dad wants me to starting making an invite list, along with other stuff I might need for my birthday," Sun explains.

Applejack giggles and says, "Sounds like you have a lot of planning to do in a few weeks."

"I know." Sun replies.

"Luckily, you have great friends who will help you with your birthday party," Pinkie says with a smile.

"Thanks guys," Sun says with a calm smile.

Then Fluttershy asks, "Um Sun, do you… do you think we could bring our pets to the party.

"Sure, but as long as they behave, especially Angel because he tried to hit Nina with a carrot last week," Sun answers with a small laugh.

Fluttershy giggles a bit and says, "Don't worry, he'll be on his best behavior for your birthday."

For the rest of the conversation, Pinkie and the others are talking on how to help Sun with her birthday in a few weeks. Sun is very happy to have the help since she's not sure what other party she might has been like. As time go on in the school day, Sun is still wondering about her past as she try her best to pay attention in class. She is doing a good job paying attention in class but part of her mind is wandering into her dreams. Sun knows her memories might come back in some of her dreams and wonder what kind will happen next.

Author's Note:

Next time, Pinkie prepare preparations for Sun's birthday.

PreviousChapters Next