• Published 25th Nov 2016
  • 1,090 Views, 8 Comments

The Story of Chris the Changeling - Silver Inkwell



Follow the story of Chris as he learns the values and truth of Friendship and Family and Love as well. Learn about how a small family can bring big changes. And learn how something small can make you change

  • ...
4
 8
 1,090

A Talk With Eve

Monday came and Quentin gave the spell out to every pony quite successfully, and Chris was very glad, yet at the same time he still felt like he was missing something deep down inside, he didn’t know what, but he wanted to find out what it was and pursue it with all his heart and mind until he had gained it.

Some time passed in the Dawn house and Chris became very close and acquainted with the family, so much in so that he almost felt like he was part of it and that this was truly his first real home. But despite as much as he knew about the family, Eve was still a mystery to him and there was some unspoken tension between the two of them that couldn’t be broken apart.

“What is up with Eve?” he finally asked the rest of them one day when Eve went away to her room early not finishing her dinner she had partially eaten.

“We don’t really know,” Midnight said, “She’s sometimes even a mystery to us and me, and I’m the oldest,” Sunset said, “The oldest sister,” Quentin said, “Don’t you forget little sister that I am the oldest and eldest in this family.”

“Like we ever could forget, you keep reminding us,” Rose said.

“Come on girls, there’s no need for us to fight about this,” Mirror said.

“Oh, but we do,” Sunset said, and with that the room erupted into chaos.

Chris saw the fight and decided it would be best if he went upstairs and out of their way in order for them to sort and figure out the whole entire mess.

But when Chris went upstairs instead of going to his room he found out to his surprise that he was instead outside of Eve’s room instead, I must be pretty lonely and desperate to talk to some pony as he knocked at the door.

“Eve, I know you're in there, please come out and talk, I know you're scared, and I know that you don't have to face this all alone, but please can you listen to me, and come outside to talk? Come on Eve don't hold back, don't hold onto your fears anymore, you don't need to be afraid, when everyone is here for you, all you need to do is to talk, and then you can be free. Your past doesn't define you, because you can change today, but don't forget yesterday either, but don't let it hold you back either, instead let go of it, and be free of the past. I know you can do this, just as your brother knows that I can change for the better.”

Once Chris was done talking to Eve outside of the door she opened the door slowly, “I heard you; you can come in now if you want to talk to me.”

So with that said Chris went inside of her room to talk to her.

“I’m sorry I’ve been so distant from you lately,” she said, “But my thoughts almost always tend to stray towards the Doctor, he’s too deep inside of me, so much so that I couldn’t forget him, even if I wanted to, I just can’t.”

“So I’ve heard and noticed before, you keep on saying that over and over again.”

“I have? Well I’m sorry, but perhaps now you won’t forget why I’m distant and why I tend to repeat myself, especially when I’m nervous, which always seems to happen when I’m around strangers, or when I’m around new people too.”

“Nervous habit of yours I guess then, but tell me, where is this Doctor?”

“I don’t know, if I knew I would be there, you see he travels a lot, and not just in distances, but in time as well, his magical blue bow, it’s magic like I’ve never seen before, but he says that it’s not magic, but it’s science instead.”

“Wait, he can travel in time? Like for real?”

“Yes, for real, I’ve been in the past and in the future of this land, and I’ve seen things so beautiful that you can never forget it, I’ve seen places so great and grand it just makes you want to cry, I’ve been in outer space for crying out loud, and the future of this land, it’s just so beautiful and perfect for everyone who lives in the land of Equestria, but I have to live here in this now, and I’m not sad because of my family, but I just wish I could tell ponies what I’ve seen, and then I wish that when I did they wouldn’t think that I was a crazy pony.”

“The more you talk about this Doctor the more interesting he seems and sounds, and the more you paint his picture, well it just makes me curious and it makes me want to meet him in real life and see what he really is like.”

“I can see why you would want to; he is after all an interesting character.”

“Do you think that I could meet him, and if so when?”

“I don’t know if you can, he’s only ever shown up when I’m alone, and even then it’s when I am in danger, and as much as I want to meet him again, I don’t want to put my life in needless danger in order to meet him again.”

“Okay, I can respect and appreciate that, I just wish that I could meet this Doctor of yours, from the way he sounds maybe he could help me.”

“I’m sure he could, he could help everyone, he wants to help everyone, he wants to save everyone from danger, peril, and chaos, he said that he fought so hard and so long fighting to keep everyone alive, and that he never got any thanks or appreciation for what he did, he would do something for others and they would never even know that he did it. When he finally came to Equestria, he said that he finally found peace, he said that he’s never seen people fight so hard for their home or what they believed in, he said that he’s never seen any kinds of people this happy before, he said that he finally believed that he might not be needed anymore with the princess and her friends and the magic of the land, and he also said he never saw magic or unicorns or a Pegasus before this land, he said that this land like all the rest, was special and unique in its own way, but he also said that he’s never seen anything like it before he got here.”

“Well I’m glad to hear from you that he found peace.”

“He thought he had, but he didn’t know, he was still worried for this land, still worried for me, still wanting to save my life and protect my life from harm, but even with all his genius and science, he can’t do everything and be everywhere at once, even he can’t save everyone, and he’s said so to me many times.”

“Well that’s just sad, but thanks for the talk anyways, I enjoyed it very much.”

“So did I, I hope we can talk again sometime soon.”

“I’m sure we will,” Chris said and then left the room and went to bed.

Author's Note:

Here's a song that I cut out called "Let's Talk"

Let's Talk

♪Eve, I know you're in there,
Please come out and talk,
I know you're scared,
And I know that you don't have to face this all alone,
But please can you listen to me,
And come outside to talk?

Come on Eve don't hold back,
Don't hold onto your fears anymore,
You don't need to be afraid,
When everyone is here for you,
All you need to do is to talk,
And then you can be free.

Your past doesn't define you,
Because you can change today,
Don't forget yesterday,
But don't let it hold you back either,
Instead let go of it,
And be free of the past.[/quote]

And it was meant to be/replace this.

“Eve, I know you're in there, please come out and talk, I know you're scared, and I know that you don't have to face this all alone, but please can you listen to me, and come outside to talk? Come on Eve don't hold back, don't hold onto your fears anymore, you don't need to be afraid, when everyone is here for you, all you need to do is to talk, and then you can be free. Your past doesn't define you, because you can change today, but don't forget yesterday either, but don't let it hold you back either, instead let go of it, and be free of the past. I know you can do this, just as your brother knows that I can change for the better.”

Even more character development.

But please stay tuned for more!