• Published 25th Nov 2016
  • 1,090 Views, 8 Comments

The Story of Chris the Changeling - Silver Inkwell



Follow the story of Chris as he learns the values and truth of Friendship and Family and Love as well. Learn about how a small family can bring big changes. And learn how something small can make you change

  • ...
4
 8
 1,090

The Crystal Flower

With that said Chris went off into the Everfree forest all alone once again to find this mysterious crystal flower, taking the compass out he followed the way which it pointed, which was not North since Chris could clearly see the sun, he didn’t know how or why it wouldn’t point North except that it was a magic compass, so he followed the compass needle in the direction it pointed, it took many hours but he finally found a dark grove of gray flowers where a thick heavy fog lay all around, and now the compass needle was spinning in circles so he must have found what he was looking for. So he went over to a flower and slowly and carefully he picked one out and up without pricking his hoof.

But he didn’t just pick one flower, he gathered many in case the one he had was dead or too young, because Chris thought he knew what this flower really was and where it came from, and if his thoughts and suspicions were correct than this would be no good news for any pony but he didn’t know for sure, he needed Zecora or some other pony to confirm his thoughts and suspicions.

So now he followed the compass needle back to Zecora’s house. It took the same amount of time and hours to get back to Zecora’s house, and when he got back he showed the flowers to Zecora and asked his prevailing question.

“What is this flower exactly?” he said, “Please tell me it isn’t what I think it is.”

“I’m afraid it is, this flower is very old, and once was developed by your own kind in order to feast on the thing they need, love. However their experiments failed as you know so well, and instead of creating something that they could feed on they only failed, but they did not eliminate their experiments, they left their flowers alive, and it seems their seeds have spread to the Everfree forest.”

“I know, to any other pony it’s deadly since it has a deadly poison to protect itself from being eaten by anything other than a changeling, and unfortunately there is only one cure or antidote to the deadly poison in the flower.”

“Changeling blood,” Zecora said.

Author's Note:

I hope that I had a dramatic cliffhanger!

So stay tuned for more.