• Published 25th Nov 2016
  • 1,090 Views, 8 Comments

The Story of Chris the Changeling - Silver Inkwell



Follow the story of Chris as he learns the values and truth of Friendship and Family and Love as well. Learn about how a small family can bring big changes. And learn how something small can make you change

  • ...
4
 8
 1,090

Coming Back Home

“Well that was interesting to say the least,” Chris said after a brief moment of silence in order to show a sign and display of great respect for them.

“Quite,” Twilight Sparkle said, “This gave me a whole lot of new information about Princess Luna, but I’m sure she wouldn’t want me to tell any of this, but perhaps I should ask, but maybe I need another opinion, but I can’t get another opinion without telling them the details, oh what to do…”

As Twilight rambled on to herself Chris slowly backed out of the tree house.

As he left the tree house to go home an idea came to him, he thought he might have found out his true purpose now, it was to protect and serve the ponies of Equestria, and to be more specific, in his home town of Ponyville, and he would have both friends and family to do it, another first in his long life.

With what he thought was an answer he went home, but when he did the words spoken started to change his mind as to what his true purpose might be.

He got home and cried out loudly, “I’m home every pony!”

Soon enough there was a stampede of trampling hooves rushing down the stairs to greet him, and a cry of loud voices cried out, and while Chris couldn’t catch everything, he did catch these questions that were thrown out at him.

“Where have you been these past weeks?”

“Yeah, we were so worried, where were you?”

“What were you doing for so long?”

“Who or what were you looking for?”

“Did you get hurt?”

“Do you need food or water?”

“Do you need a bath or shower?”

“Are you hungry or thirsty?”

“Tell us something, please!”

“Did you meet any pony else while you were gone?”

And other more various questions were rapidly thrown at him, and some of them were repeated over and over again, but because it was coming all so fast at him Chris couldn’t answer anything even though he tried to. But what came next was both a surprise and shock to everyone in the room, a voice boomed and shouted so loud it made all the other voices stop and made every pony stand completely still in shock and surprise while the bearer of the voice drew nearer to Chris, the pony who had shouted was none other than Eve.

“WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?” she asked very loudly in a demanding voice as she floated above him in a very intimidating and very threatening pose, and her eyes looked almost red with rage, or perhaps it was something else instead.

“I HAVE BEEN SICK AND WORRIED FOR WEEKS WAITING FOR YOU TO RETURN, SO I WANT A STRAIGHT AND HONEST ANSWER FROM YOU!”

“I went to the icy cold frozen lands of the north,” Chris said nervously fearing what Eve would say next, she looked very angry and upset right now.

“AND YOU DIDN’T BOTHER TO WRITE OR TO TAKE ME ALONG? YOU COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED, OR WORSE! DIDN’T YOU GIVE A SECOND THOUGHT AS TO WHO YOU WOULD HURT BY LEAVING FOR SO LONG? I COULDN’T SLEEP FOR WEEKS AFTER YOU LEFT BECAUSE I WAS SICK WITH WORRY!

THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR LEAVING ME THE WAY YOU DID, I GOT YOUR LETTER, AND I DIDN’T LIKE WHAT IT HAD TO SAY, I DIDN’T LIKE WHAT YOU SAID! AND WHY IN EQUESTRIA DID YOU NOT SAY YOUR FEELINGS TOWARDS ME EARLIER? I COULD HAVE HELPED YOU ON YOUR JOURNEY AND WITH YOUR FEELINGS! I COULD HAVE BEEN THERE FOR YOU WHEN YOU NEEDED ME MOST! BUT NO, YOU HAVE TO GO RUNNING OFF ON YOUR SILLY DANGEROUS QUEST OF PERIL TO FIND YOUR TRUES SELF AND PURPOSE AND TO DO IT FOR THE GOOD OF EQUESTRIA! BUT WHAT ABOUT THE GOOD OF YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY, YOU SAID IN YOUR LETTER THAT YOU WOULD ALWAYS BE THERE FOR ME EVEN WHEN NO PONY ELSE WOULD BE! YOU SAID THAT YOU WOULD CHOOSE ME OVER ANYONE ELSE! BUT I HAVE TO QUESTION IF THAT’S TRUE BECAUSE IF YOU HAD ACTUALLY BOTHERED TO TELL ME BEFORE YOU LEFT AND ASKED ME HOW I FELT I WOULD HAVE TOLD YOU NOT TO GO FOR ME!

BUT YOU’RE BACK NOW, SO DO MY FEELINGS AND THOUGHTS AND IDEAS MATTER NOW, OR ARE THEY SAME AS THEY WERE BEFORE YOU LEFT?

BUT NOW THAT YOU’VE HEARD WHAT I HAVE TO SAY, I MUST ASK YOU THIS ONE QUESTION, WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY FOR YOURSELF?”

“I’m sorry, alright? I’m sorry I left you, but I can’t change that now.”

“THAT”S NOT GOOD ENOUGH MISTER! YOU NEED TO DO BETTER!”

“Look, tell me what to say and I’ll say it, what do you want me to say Eve?”

“SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME, SAY THAT YOU WON’T EVER LEAVE ME OR THIS FAMILY AGAIN WITHOUT ASKING ME FIRST! SAY THAT YOU’RE SORRY FOR LEAVING US, LEAVING ME IN THE FIRST PLACE! SAY THAT YOU KNOW NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO YOU KNOW YOU WON’T EVER MAKE UP FOR YOUR ACTIONS OF LEAVING US, FOR YOU LEAVING ME ALL ALONE AND BEHIND!”

“Well I do love you, and I won’t ever leave you or this family without asking you first, and I am sorry for leaving the family behind, for leaving you behind, and I already know nothing I can do can make up my actions for leaving you behind.

For leaving this family behind, but I hope in time that you can forgive me, and I know that even if you don’t, I’ll still always be there for you whenever you need me, even if you don’t, I’ll always be there to catch you when you fall, I’ll always be there to protect and serve you, the words I wrote in my letter are true as they were then as they are now, they won’t change just as my feelings of you won’t change, the words written are as permanent as my feelings are.”

Once Chris had said this Eve calmly floated down from her hovering angry pose above him that she held as she shouted and boomed at him in anger.

“I’m sorry I shouted,” she said in a regular voice, “I was just so angry at you.”

“Don’t apologize for your anger, I understand why you did it, and I’ve already forgiven you, but the real question is this, can you forgive me?”

“I think that I can now, but come on Chris, let’s go somewhere more private to talk, how about my room? Would that work with you?”

“That would work perfectly, let’s go,” and with that said they went to Eve’s room to talk privately about what they needed to, which was a lot.

Once they got inside Eve shut the door and locked it so they wouldn’t be disturbed by anyone. “So what do you want to talk about?” Chris asked.

“Well a lot honestly, for one did you find the part missing deep down inside of you? I hope that you did, you were gone for so long; I really hope that you did.”

“I did find that missing part deep down inside; or at least I think I found some part of it, but with you right here, and your words, I’m not so sure.”

“Well I hope that you figure it out soon, I don’t like to be kept waiting.”

“And I thought you were the pony that was patient and kind and gentle, but what I saw today blew that image away, but I hope I figure it out soon too.”

“Well I can be angry and loud when I want to be, but it just takes a lot for the deeper darker part of me that’s inside to come out and burst.”

“Well that’s nice to know, but is that all you want to talk about?”

“I think that’s enough for now, we can talk more sometime else if we want to.”

“Alright then, consider this an arrangement,” Chris said, and with that they left the room to find that the rest of the sisters standing outside giggling at some unspoken joke that was somehow secretly shared between all of them.

“Did you kiss him?” Sunset asked giggling.

“No, I did not kiss him!” Eve said in a raised tone and voice, but not so much as earlier, and Chris could tell she was upset, but not angry (there was a difference, despite how little and subtle it might be).

“But you were in there for so long; surely you must have done something else in there other than just talking?” Midnight said with an odd smile on her face.

“We didn’t do anything in there!” Eve said (and it was true, they had long gaps of silence while they talked, and one even after Chris said his final words).

“Alright, if you say so,” Sunset spoke once again with a smile.

With that said the girls left, “I’m sorry,” Eve said, “They can be immature at times, and I can’t control their behavior or actions or questions.”

“You don’t need to apologize, especially for something you can’t control, like other ponies, especially your family, it doesn’t matter what you try to do or how hard you push or in what way, they’ll be the way they always were.”

“I’m sorry,” Eve said once again with a shy retreat.

“You look so adorable and cute when you apologize.”

“That’s nice of you to say,” Eve said.

“Well then if you don’t mind I’m going to go to bed, after traveling for weeks without much sleep or rest, it would be nice to actually get some here.”

“Of course,” Eve said, “I don’t mind at all, go ahead and get some sleep.”

With that said Chris went up to his room and lay down on his bed and got some well deserved and earned rest, relaxation, and sleep of course.

Author's Note:

Next Chapter: Doctor Whooves comes back to Eve and officially enters the story.

So stay tuned for more.