• Published 25th Nov 2016
  • 1,091 Views, 8 Comments

The Story of Chris the Changeling - Silver Inkwell



Follow the story of Chris as he learns the values and truth of Friendship and Family and Love as well. Learn about how a small family can bring big changes. And learn how something small can make you change

  • ...
4
 8
 1,091

Remembrance

When the next day came Chris still hadn’t found the answer yet. But luckily enough for him Quentin did not expect an answer that day, he only expected one once Chris was finally ready to answer, but he didn’t know when that would be, he would just have to wait and find out and see if it would come.

Nothing really happened of note on Sunday so when Monday came around and Quentin went around handing out the spell to the ponies, it was exciting.

However despite nothing of note happening on Sunday, Chris still had the chance to do stuff, like talking with the family for information, but surprisingly enough the one most interesting to talk to was Eve, who was quiet and shy and really didn’t ever say anything to anyone except in the case where she had something important to say (the others were good, but not as good as Eve was).

“I thought he might have come today,” she said suddenly interrupting the conversation Chris was having with Midnight Dawn (the details of her night shift were really quite interesting since she all kind of night animals prowling).

“Wait, what was that?” Chris asked.

“You know, him, the doctor, I wish he was here with us right now, eating dinner with us, each day I keep waiting for him, hoping that he comes, hoping that he will keep his promise to me that one day I will see him once again.”

“Is this Doctor of yours the only thing that you can talk about it, or is there other things and ponies you could talk about but merely don’t, Eve?”

“I’m sorry if you feel that way,” Eve said, “But he was the first pony, the first person that I ever liked, the first one that I ever loved, he broke my heart when he went away, and the feelings I have had for him since, they never go away, and I doubt that they ever will, I can’t ever forget him or the way I feel about him, even if and when I wanted to, he’s just too deep inside of me now to ever fully go out, he’ll always be a part of me, even when he’s not here to look out for me, even when he’s not here because of adventure or danger in order to fix it and the chaos that it would wreak.

He was always there for me on our journeys, always there to look out for me and protect me from harm and danger, and he always did manage to find a way to do that and stop the crisis and danger, but the one thing that he couldn’t and didn’t count on was hurting me emotionally in the long run, a pain far worse than and physical injury that I could have received on the journeys. And as I said earlier, each day I hope he will come back to me and keep his promise, I know that he will, he has never once broken his word before, but each day I hope that it is the day I see him again once more, and then I can hold him in my arms, and then maybe my dream can finally come true, maybe I’ll finally have my wish one of these days.”

“What is your wish and dream?”

“To be with him, having a romantic date, walking in the park, it doesn’t matter where we are or what we’re doing, so long as it’s with him I’ll know it’s fine.”

“But does he know this? Does he know your dream and wish?”

“No, not fully, I did tell him once, but he doesn’t know all of it just as you.”

“Wait, there is more that you’re not telling me?”

“Yes, but I think every pony is entitled to their own secrets, don’t you think?”

“Yes, I do agree with that, but why won’t you tell it?”

“It’s far too personal for me to tell except for my family who already knows it.”

“Alright then, I’ll respect your right to privacy and your untold secret, but don’t expect me not to be curious about it, or for me not to ask questions about it.”

“Alright then, I can live with that.”

With that said the rest of the dinner went well and Chris continued to talk to the other sisters while Eve on the other hand remained quiet for the rest of the dinner and didn’t say a single word except for when she wanted something passed, and after that dinner things weren’t the same between Eve and Chris.

Chris would always wonder what secret Eve hid, and Eve merely would never respond and just sit there in silence instead, gazing out towards the distance with a look of longing and patience, as if she was waiting for somebody.

Author's Note:

A short little chapter of character development.

But stay tuned for more.