• Published 25th Nov 2016
  • 1,090 Views, 8 Comments

The Story of Chris the Changeling - Silver Inkwell



Follow the story of Chris as he learns the values and truth of Friendship and Family and Love as well. Learn about how a small family can bring big changes. And learn how something small can make you change

  • ...
4
 8
 1,090

A New Friend and Home

With that said Chris soon left the sight of the crowd, but he continued onward out of the town, he would willingly accept his punishment and would go where no one would ever mock him or hate him, he would go and try to find his true home, but as he was on the road out of town he suddenly bumped into the pony that he had taken the form of, and with Chris mirrored as him it would look very strange and odd to any pony that passed their way and saw them, fortunately for the two of them however the road was empty except for them.

“Who are you?” the other pony said to Chris first.

“I’m Chris, and I’m a changeling,” he said reverting back to his true form, “What about you? It took your form but know nothing about you at all.”

“I am Quentin, and I am a historian and time keeper, if you or any pony else has a story to tell, or one not to tell, or one that you want to keep secret and hidden away from the rest of the world, then I’m your pony to see, because I literally record all the goings and comings of Equestria, every story there was, is, or ever will be I will write down, in fact I am the one who recorded the story of Princess Celestia and Princess Luna bringing balance by raising the sun and moon, and of using the elements of Harmony to defeat Nightmare Moon, so if there is anything of the past you want to know just ask, but the life of a historian is a boring and dull one to say the least, without much excitement or surprise or shock, but I’m afraid that I already knew who you were Chris even before I asked you, and the only reason I asked you was to see how you would react, that is the only thing that gives me a surprise, delight, and joy, it is to see the face and reactions of other ponies, will they scream, run, shout with fear, hide away from me, or actually embrace the truth for once, the answer is different for each pony because every pony is unique and special and different.”

“Well okay then, Quentin, but tell me, what are you doing here on the road to Equestria? I mean it can’t be a coincidence that we met each other, can it?”

“No, it is not, there is no such thing as coincidence, only the illusion of it, we are here because of fate, although others believe that you can write your own story and ending, but that is what is called destiny, the path or journey to fate, for a pony can become whatever it is that they are destined to, but there are many different ways and paths to get there that they do not see, but I do.
We have met here today because I sensed and knew that you would become lost after this event that has just happened to you, and I knew that without a guide or friend that you would become just like every other changeling there ever was, but I intend to change that, I intend to make you better than before.”

“Good luck with that, I doubt that I’ll ever change, but speaking of fate, if it was my fate to become like every other changeling there ever was, why come here to me? Why try to change something you say has already been written of?”

“Because I don’t believe in fate, I never have, I never will, I may not see the future all the time, and not so far away either, usually no more than three weeks at best, except unless it is an important event to effect all of Equestria.
But I sincerely do believe that you can change for the better and for the good, and if I can change one changeling, perhaps I can change others fates as well as my own, and then I can finally be free of this curse that holds me down.”

“What curse?” Chris asked curiously.

“I’m immortal, I can’t die no matter what happens to me, in fact I have even tried to kill myself on more than one occasion, especially on days that I feel down and ones where I feel hopeless, but I come back from death almost instantly, so it is useless to attempt or try to even kill me, and while some may see that as a gift, I don’t, if I have someone interesting or one that I care for, or maybe even love, I have to watch that person slowly grow old and then die and eventually fade away from memory, to be forgotten and lost as the eternal sands of time, endless and vast as the ocean, I doubt that I will ever be free of this curse that holds me down since history will always need to be recorded down in Equestria, but hopefully someday maybe I will pass my mantle down, and then I can finally die and rest in peace at last, and then I will be no more.”

“Are you messing with me, or are you actually telling me the truth right now? Because I can’t ever tell when a joke is being played on me, but even I have my doubts to this story, like how can you be immortal if you’re not an alicorn?”

“A good question, but you must tell me what you decide and think of what I am telling you here and now, for I can tell and show the truth to any pony, but it is for them to decide if they want to accept it, or to live in the lie they know. So once again and once more I ask; tell me what you think about all of this?”

“Why are you trying to make me pick a side? Aren’t you the historian and all that and what not, aren’t your words supposed to be subjective and true?”

“Again another good question, but once again I ask, what do you think?”

“You’re just going to keep saying that to me until I say my mind, aren’t you?”

“Yes, yes I will.”

“Fine then, I think that you’re lying and making all of this up, no pony can be immortal without being an alicorn or having alicorn magic at the least, and you’re just a unicorn, and I have no idea what magic you might have inside of you that you can harness and use, I have no idea what your potential energy is, in fat I have no idea if this thought I have is even entirely true or not.”

“Very well then, if you think that I am making this up, then I am, but I am no liar, for I will only tell you the truth, so see this story I have made up not as a lie, but as the truth of a story that I have written if you must, and nothing else until you accept the truth or live your whole life with the lie that you know.”

“Well enough of this talk, it doesn’t matter whether or not you mad up this false story or lie for your life even if it is true, it still doesn’t change the fact that I am banished from Ponyville and can’t return and now I have no home now, I can’t live anywhere and unless I find a job soon enough I won’t eat.”

“Ah, but you can eat and drink at my house, although I think you would rather prefer love than the material food and drink that we would provide, so come with me if you will, back to my home in Ponyville and stay with me there.”

“Didn’t you hear me? I can’t go back there, I’m banished.”

“And when have the rules ever stopped you before? Besides, my house is on the edge of town itself, ponies won’t even notice that we’re there, and I’m sure if you take on a new and different form, they will not notice you either, and they will not know that it is you a second time unless you say so by giving yourself up as you did last time, a fatal and critical mistake that you did make.”

“Alright then, I’ll come with you to your house, but only for a short little while, I don’t want to invade upon your home or upon the ponies of the town.”

With that said Chris and Quentin headed towards Ponyville, Chris with some fear, and Quentin with a calm reassurance and authority that he carried about him, it was strange, Chris thought, it seems like he almost has some other kind of magic that I do not know about, like an aura or something else that you can’t just name or something else that you just don’t know, even if you see it.

Soon enough they were at the outer edges of the town and at Quentin’s house, and then they entered inside and what Chris saw came as a pleasant shock and surprise to him, it was a simple house, but well decorated and designed with everything that a pony would and might need, the walls and ceiling where colored blue and there was a simple wooden floor underneath (I wonder what type of wood this is, Chris thought) and everything had a pleasant look to it.

“It’s simply beautiful and divine,” Chris said in awe looking at it.

“Yes, yes it is, or at least to you it is if you say so,” Quentin said strangely.

As Chris wandered around the place exploring the kitchen (which was to the right of the front or living room), the dining room (which was to the right of the kitchen), the bedrooms (which were upstairs since it was a two level house, and what was odd was that there were seven of them clearly lived in, and two for guests, and all had their own bathrooms and closets in them), and finally the entertainment or library room (to the left of the living room), he couldn’t help thinking to himself that this was such a big place for one pony to live in.

“Tell me,” he said once he had finished exploring the house, “Do you live here all alone? I mean surely it must get lonely for a pony like you; surely you must have some guests that stay over here for quite some time, even long extended periods of time, maybe even so long that they almost become part of the family, I only ask because I noticed you have more than one room upstairs.”

“A very good question, to which the answer is that I don’t live here all alone, I have six sisters, who also live with me, and the other two rooms are for guests, and finally the last room upstairs is for emergency storage of food and water, books, and other items that we might and would need should a crisis ever arise here in Ponyville, but that is of no matter or consequence to you, for you will stay in one of the guest rooms during your stay and you may pick whichever one you prefer more although they are basically the same, and while you are here during your stay I can only hope that you may enjoy it very much.”

“We’ll see,” Chris merely responded not caring one way or the other, “But tell me, where are your sisters right now, for I do not see them here right now.”

“They are out right now, away on their various tasks and jobs.”

“That’s a vague and general answer, but do you ever answer a question without ever being vague and general so that others don’t have to ask more questions?”

“What do you think?”

“You know what? Forget that I asked, clearly you won’t ever answer anything I ask to you directly, so well done on avoiding the obvious and direct question.”

“I will, but anyhow my sisters should be arriving home shortly, and then when they do I will introduce you to them all, and I’m sure we’ll all be great friends.”

“Sure we will, and I’m not a changeling at all,” Chris said sarcastically.

Soon enough as Quentin said his sisters came home, once they had all entered and gathered inside Quentin spoke, “May I proudly introduce to you in no particular order or fashion my sisters, this is Mirror Dawn and Rose Dawn,” he said pointing to the first two ponies on the left, Mirror Dawn had a silver body and mane and gray eyes while Rose Dawn had a red body and mane and green eyes, “And this is Sunset Dawn and Twilight Dawn,” he continued pointing towards the next two ponies, Sunset Dawn had an orange mane and red body with purple eyes while Twilight Dawn had a purple body with an orange mane and gray eyes, “And finally Midnight Dawn and finally the youngest member of our family, Eve Dawn,” he said pointing at the last two ponies that were lined up in a row, Midnight Dawn had a blue body and mane and eyes, while Eve Dawn had a yellow body and had a red mane and blue eyes too as well.

“And that’s all of my family, our parents passed away some time ago, but we do fine here just on our own without anyone else here, and we’re all very happy here on our own without anyone else, but we always do enjoy some guests.”

“Well thank you for the introduction, but I think I should go now.”

“Nonsense, you’re here to stay, and since you’re here to stay now it’s just about time for all of us to have dinner, come on every pony, time for dinner!”

With that said every pony went to the dining room and sat down at the giant table that was there that could have easily sat twelve to fourteen people.

Every pony sat down at the table (except Chris) and ate the prepared dinner.

“Oh, one more thing,” Quentin said, “My last name is Dawn as I’m sure you’ve figured out by now, so now I, or we, can officially say that we have really met.”

“I don’t understand,”

“Before our meeting was casual, not it’s official, so welcome to the family, you can go upstairs to one of the guest rooms if you don’t feel comfortable eating down here with us, or just being here with us, just do whatever you want to make yourself feel at home except leaving the house, I can’t have guests of mine wandering off all alone in the darkness by themselves now can I? They could get lost and be in great danger in peril, not that I don’t trust you to take good care of yourself, but more in another way that I’m protecting you.”

“Well thanks for all the help, I’ll be upstairs if you need me,” Chris said leaving.

“All right then, I’ll see you later then, have fun while you’re up there and get some rest and sleep if you need to,” Quentin said as Chris vanished from sight.

With that said Chris went upstairs and into the first guest room he saw which was on the left and went inside and lay on the bed thinking all alone.

He thought of how he ever could make a home or ever find friends now that he had been revealed as his true self and form, he doubted that he ever could do either, he doubted himself and the people he was staying with, he doubted everything he ever knew in life, and always would, it was just the way he was.

With these uneasy and troubled thoughts Chris fell to sleep without much ease, and when he finally did fall asleep it was not in a perfect peace.

Author's Note:

It is so nice to see a changeling get a family and love.

But stayed tuned for more!