• Published 25th Nov 2016
  • 1,091 Views, 8 Comments

The Story of Chris the Changeling - Silver Inkwell



Follow the story of Chris as he learns the values and truth of Friendship and Family and Love as well. Learn about how a small family can bring big changes. And learn how something small can make you change

  • ...
4
 8
 1,091

Confession

“How in Equestria did you get here?” Twilight said, “You’ve been gone weeks.”

“That’s exactly the question I have, but tell me, where is Celestia and Luna?”

“In Canterlot of course, performing their royal duties,”

“Well summon them here! I have a message for them of great importance.”

With that said Twilight quickly wrote a message and made Spike send it.

Soon enough both princesses came to the small tree house.

“What’s wrong?” Celestia asked.

“I found the one responsible,” Chris says, “And he says that he knows you, Princess Luna, his name is Nightmare Shadow, and he wanted me to give you a message, he says that he’ll come after the subjects of Equestria, he says that he’ll haunt and live in their dreams, thoughts, ideas, and fears, he says he’ll do so until the day they die, and says the only way to stop him is to face him at the Castle of the Two Sisters, and he says that if you are not brave enough to face him that he will also haunt your memory, thoughts, dreams, ideas, and fears, and he also says that his fury will last as long as the night lives on.”

“Nightmare Shadow, are you sure that was him? Did he have a silver ‘S’ as his cutie mark?” Luna asked in a panic and with fear in her voice.

“Yes, that’s the one, but he also mentioned that you two were related, and not just in thoughts and ideas, but in blood as well, is that true princess?”

“I’m afraid so, Nightmare Shadow is a product of my own imagination and mind; he was born when I was Nightmare Moon.”

“But you were on the moon, how could you give birth?”

“You do not understand, he was not born physically, he was a product of my mind and imagination, I was bored on the moon, and so I created a companion and partner for myself, someone that I could love, and one that could give me the love I deserved, but he did not have a physical body since he was a product of my mind and imagination, and I thought he died when my banishment was over and I was reformed, but it seems like he did not die but instead lived on, and now he will haunt the innocent ponies of Equestria for my crimes as Nightmare Moon, even now I still have not suffered enough pain for what I have done, even now the price still has to be paid. I am sorry that I did not see this sooner, but perhaps my grief has blinded me for so many long years now.”

“Luna, what you did as Nightmare Moon is not your fault, you were blinded by grief and pain even then, but now it’s time to put the past behind you by helping us right now,” Celestia said putting a hoof on her sister’s shoulder.

“How does he have a physical body if he was made out of your imagination and mind? He touched me with his hoof and sent me here instantly with something he called ‘shadow travel’ also you can call him Ness since his name is too long.”

“Nightmare Shadow, or Ness as you so wisely suggested, has a physical body by means which I do not know, whether or not he’s strong enough to form an actual real body by feeling off of my guilt and emotions and thoughts, dreams, ideas, and fears, or if he has actually taken over the body of another pony.”

“What do you mean exactly?” Chris said.

“He may not be strong enough to be corporeal yet, but while he gains the strength and power to do so he will inhabit and control both the mind and body of another pony, and it could be any pony out there, and none of us would know it, not even me, for I am not connected to him as I was on the moon, and now that he has revealed himself he will surely hide his mind away from my searching eyes and mind, unless he wants to be found, he won’t.”

“So there could be an innocent pony out there that we can’t help?”

“We can help them, but we won’t know who, and we won’t know how to help them either, even if Ness is in another pony, I do not know how to help get Ness out without possibly hurting the host body of the real pony inside.”

“So what do we do in the meantime?” Chris said.

“You do nothing, it is I who must act, I will go to the Castle of the Two Sisters, our old home, and I will face him there for the safety and protection of all the ponies in Equestria, and I would willingly give my life up to protect my citizens and ponies, but I hope it does not come to that, but I have no idea of what his power and strength might be, but I must face him alone.”

“You don’t need to; you don’t have to face this all alone by yourself.”

“I must, he’s sending me a message in my head right now, he says that if I don’t he’ll hurt the one closest to me, my sister, he also says to meet him at midnight at the castle, how typical and appropriate of a time for us to meet.”

“Luna, you don’t need to protect me anymore, we’re sisters; we protect each other by actually being there to help each other out,” Celestia said.

“I know sister, but this is for the good of Equestria, I will face him alone, and you cannot stop me sister, I must do this, just as you needed to banish me.”

“Luna, that was a different time, and for a different reason.”

“Not a completely different reason, you still had good, honorable, and noble intentions, but as you have said before, the price was too steep to pay.”

“Alright sister, if you insist on doing it alone, than you shall, I trust you, even after all you have done, and the reason why is because I love you.”

“I know sister, I know,” and with that said the two sisters hugged each other.

“Good luck sister, I hope that you do not fail on your task,” Celestia said.

“And good luck to you, should I fail I will need you to help the citizens of Equestria, you will be their last and only hope that they have left.”

“Don’t you dare say that to me, you know I hate it when you say that, I know that you’re not going to fail any of us, especially me, I need you just as much as you need me sister, we’ll always be there for each other when no one else is,”

“You know I only say that because you know that I know that you hate it.”

“And you know that I’ll always say what I say to comfort you,” Celestia said.

“And of course to play this little game of ours,” Luna said.

“Of course,” Celestia said, and once again they hugged each other.

Chris wanted to say that there was a little bit too much hugging going on and then separate the two sisters and get on with their duties and tasks, but he felt like this was not the appropriate time to express his thoughts or feelings.

After a brief moment the two sisters once again let go and without any more words being spoken by either of them, the two left the tree house.

Author's Note:

Luna confesses part of the story, but there is still more.

Find out more in a sequel prequel. (Coming Soon!)

Stay tuned for more.