• Published 29th Oct 2016
  • 2,328 Views, 287 Comments

Silver Shield - David Silver



Gaea Shield is a proud member of the guard. Despite being a pegasus, he has the bulk of any earth pony, matching mass with Big Mac. But brawn alone may not be enough as the political minefield he's stepped in isn't kind to those without finesse.

  • ...
18
 287
 2,328

18 - Pillow Talk

Author's Note:

Before we begin, if you want the details, they are here: https://www.fimfiction.net/story/368104/behind-silver-doors

Now I begin writing this chapter...

Silver sat on the bed beside a trembling Fast. He had a wing out across her, holding her with the softness that only feathers could provide. "I know you don't feel that way right now, but you are still an amazing mare, inside and out. You've just gotten as colorful on the surface as you've been on the inside."

She quirked a curious bit of a smile. "You're just saying that. You love me, dummy, you'd say that if my eyes fell out and half my teeth followed. I'm not a moron."

Silver leaned in and smooched her cheek. "Love or not, I'm still a male. I have physical needs and inclinations. You haven't stopped being a lovely mare."

"You hate bugs," she spat.

"You can bug me any day."

She rolled her eyes. "That was terrible and you should feel bad."

Silver nipped at one of her changed ears. "Make me."

She lashed out at him and they fell to wrestling, which became laughing as they tussled for dominance a moment before they flopped.

Fast looked up at the ceiling. "After all that, I just... did it."

"You did," agreed Silver. "And I get a feeling Celestia saw it coming."

Fast snorted softly. "Figured, probably sent her sister to pull the trigger, indirectly too, subtle." She sat up. "Does this mean I'm a princess again?"

Silver sat up with her, ears perked. "It doesn't have to be, and I don't think that's where you need to be right now. You just said your goodbyes. Let's stop playing yo-yo with a friend of mine." He wrapped his magic around Fast and drew her across the sheets. "I'm keeping you this time."

They sat in companionable silence a moment before Fast slipped to the floor and spread her new wings, looking them over. "Huh... Like a beetle..." She looked up at her horn and smiled faintly. "Least I have my horn." She reached up and tapped it. "It has the right spiral... I saw some of the others, all smooth. I thought I'd get that..."

"You are still you," declared Silver firmly as he hopped down beside her. "You are Fast Change, my second wife, soon to be proper member of this herd, if you will share ownership of such a silly stallion with other mares that each deserve a stallion of their own. I don't know fully in the end why they put up with me. I'm not enough for them all by far."

Fast tapped Silver on the nose. "Now who's being self-defeating?" She shimmered softly and became her old self, the ruddy red unicorn. "It's odd..." She stepped slowly and carefully. "My leg, it feels better."

Silver blinked, something clicking in his head. "Your lame legs, where you got the hole..."

Fast squinting at him. "Are you saying fixing that fixed my legs?" She hopped from one leg to the other in an athletic display. "I'm not doing this, I swear. They're just... good..."

Silver smooched her cheek. "You've put a dark part of your past behind you. You've grown."

Fast smirked at that. "Like it or not. But isn't that life?" She sat down suddenly. "Well, alright then. If you insist I'm not a hideous freak, I guess I'll take your word for it." She raised a brow. "I'll prefer this form, if you don't mind. I like being a pony, not a bug, pretty bug or not." She pointed back at her flank. "Cutie mark included."

Silver glanced at the bicolored pony that graced her flank before a thought came to him. "So, that spell, you got it from our trip to the human, right?"

"More his friend. He had a spell, useless. It was complicated enough for a pony to need years to get it right with exotic ingredients to boot. On the other hoof, the book it came in also had tons of anatomical notes and sketches and everything I needed." She clopped her forehooves together. "Armed with that knowledge, bridging the gap went from impossible to manageable. Hay, I bet with that, Celestia could turn you back into a human... if you wanted that."

Silver winced faintly. "That would be running into the past, like you were trying to do. I'm not a human anymore. I'm a pony. I love humans, and I'll never forget being one. I want to help them, but I'm not one." He stepped towards the door.

Fast suddenly darted between him and the door. "Hold your horses, stud. You never told me how you liked it."

"Liked what?"

She rolled her eyes. "My being human, duh. Did I knock your world out of orbit or not?"

Silver colored faintly. "You were... incredible."

She approached him daintily, almost dancing on her hooves. "Then we'll have to do it again, for special occasions." She bounced back and her horn lit up, opening the door. "For now, it's time for both of us to get back to living."

Silver could think of little argument to that, so he went with her back into the castle proper.

It wasn't long before they ran into Luna. She looked to Silver directly. "Silver, Fast. Good to see you both. Any prog--"

"I'm all good," squeaked out Fast defensively.

Luna looked uncertain. "Which way was it resolved?"

Silver slid in front of her. "It's resolved."

"Which way?" asked Luna again. "It is not an untoward question."

Fast huffed a sigh as she let the magic go and became the colorful love bug that she had become. "Happy?"

"We shall announce this." Luna nodded. "Ponies need to hear, and see, that you have moved along with the other changelings towards their reformed state."

"Cram them," hissed out Fast. "We have other business first." She pointed at Silver. "I had dibs on him!"

Luna placed a hoof at her chest. "Technically I had dibs on him before even his technical First Wife." She looked back to Silver. "Have you forgotten when I laid claim to your innocence?"

Silver went a bright red, remembering the time spent with Luna's younger reflection. "B-be that as it may, she is asking to join the herd. Are there other issues?"

Luna pointed the same hoof at Fast. "There is. A herd is a family unit. I do not feel you are willing to accept the rest of us as eagerly as you chase our stallion. Even now you glare at me as an obstacle in your way. This level of trust and sharing does not come easily, and spiteful feelings such as that will only weaken what we have built.

Fast blinked with wide eyes. "Luna, with all due respect, but I'd cover you any day of the week if you'd stop giving me that look."

It was Luna's turn to darken. "So you say--"

Fast roughly nudged Silver. "Tell her! I've said it before, plenty of times."

Silver looked around as if he could escape the situation somehow short of teleportation or a dead sprint. "She has..."

"I have!" she repeated. "You're a hot piece of pony. I'm only mad right now because I'm so close to putting everything in place. I just want this to be over, then I'll be glad to show just each and every one of my new wives how undeniably sexy they are, one by one." She cocked a chitinous brow. "Or all together, if that's your speed."

Luna's coloration grew worse. "That is not required! My sister and I have agreed to not... share in that way. The improprieties are too many. That is no example we wish to be for our ponies." She raised a hoof to cough into it softly. "You will want to approach every wife. Celestia is finishing court. Night is grading assignments. Speak to them." Without waiting for reply, she vanished in a sparkle of magic.

"Somehow it's fair when my wives do it, but I tried that once," sighed out Silver.

Fast grinned at that. "You are such a whipped stallion."

Silver nuzzled her gently. "At least I'm owned by the best in Equestria. I can think of worse fates."

Together they sought Celestia. She wasn't hard to find, relaxing after a day's work with a slice of cake on her plate and a cup of tea beside that. "Silver, Fast. It's nice to see you both." She was smiling in her usual way.

Fast bounced forward as she resumed her new form. "Look, all fixed."

Celestia startled at first but quickly recovered. "You've stepped forward."

"I was dragged forward, screaming. Silver was there. Tell her I screamed." Silver was too busy being red. "He saw it. But I did it. May I begin worshipping the sun?"

Celestia blinked softly. "Sun worship has grown a bit antiquated has it--" She cut off as Fast danced around her and planted a smooch right on her cutie mark. Celestia turned to watch Fast paying proper oblations to her royal flank. She cleared her throat softly. "I appreciate your dedication, but such attention could be considered... improper."

"Between herd-mates?" asked Fast with a grin. "You know that's what I want to be."

Celestia's ears lifted. "Your wishes have not changed then?"

"Not even a little, minus not becoming this." She waved at her cyan-green shell. "That happened, no backsies, so I'm ready to move forward now. Princess Celestia, will you marry me?"

Celestia turned to face her and sat up fully. "Why should I? This herd has but one stallion, and he is challenged as it is."

"I'm glad you asked that." Fast was grinning ever so widely. "Act now and you get two for one." She shimmered with change, becoming different in a subtle and yet obviously male way. She spoke with a deepened voice. "I will gladly show you the love of a stallion or a mare. You deserve both."

Silver nodded at this. "I do not for an instant doubt she's telling the truth about that, even if she prefers female of the two."

Fast shrugged. "Call me a switch. Speaking of that, it goes all the way. Want to be bottom, or top? Either has its perks." She became her ruddy red unicorn mare self. "Bottom line, I want to love this herd, all of it in all ways. May I?"

Celestia reached out and rest a hoof on Fast's nose. "How do we know you won't run when things become painful? You've already fled one family of those who loved you very much."

Fast cringed, struck well and true. Her lusty flirtations were brought to a sudden and complete halt.