• Published 7th Oct 2016
  • 945 Views, 101 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! EQG 3: Duelists in Equestria - Bahamut0



After the events of Cyber Duel Saga, Burst and Inferno are sent to Equestria while trying to help Twilight re-open the portal.

  • ...
1
 101
 945

Equestria Chapter 3: Meeting Royalty

Burst was nervous. 'I've fought against evil monsters and crazy duelists bent on world domination. And now I'm freaking out when I'm about to meet the counterparts of my school's principal and vice principal? Then again, they are royalty here. Might as well just try to make a good first impression.' Inferno on the other hand had a different mindset on the matter.

'Wonder if the Celestia and Luna of this world like duel monsters? I've always wanted to duel against them!' Soon the train came to a stop and Burst, Inferno, and Twilight got off in Canterlot. Inferno noticed that a lot of the ponies here seemed a bit "up-tight". "Wow. You grew up in a pretty high-end place Twilight. Hard to believe you're so down to earth when you look at this place." As the group walked towards the castle, Burst couldn't help but notice that ponies were bowing to him and Inferno as well as Twilight.

"Uh, Twilight? Why are all these ponies bowing to us? I know you're a princess, but Inferno and I aren't royalty." Twilight nearly face-hoofed.

"I....might have forgot to mention that the royalty here are alicorns. That's why they seem to be giving you the royal treatment. Also, there's never been male alicorns before."

"You think the princesses will freak out when they see us?", Inferno asked.

"Princesses Celestia and Luna are some of the most composed ponies I know. They should take it pretty well." Soon they arrived at the castle. After the guards greeted Twilight and informed her that the princesses were waiting for them, they were let in and made their way to the throne room. "You two wait until I introduce you." Twilight said as she entered the throne room.

"Nice to see you again Twilight!", Celestia greeted.

"I trust you had a pleasant journey here?", Luna asked.

"Yes it wa..", Twilight cut herself off when she noticed Burst and Inferno had walked in. WITHOUT her instruction. "What are you two doing?! I thought you were going to wait for my signal to come in?!"

"We got bored. Hello princesses. I'm Burst Stream. I trust Twilight mentioned me and my friend in a letter you received. Princesses?"

"Burst? Do you think we broke them?", Inferno asked noting the blank looks on the princesses' faces. However, their minds were another story.

'Focus Celly!', Celestia thought to herself. 'Twilight should have warned me they were this good-looking! And those dragon wings only add to their charm! Okay! Don't think of them as boyfriend material!' "Pleased to meet both of you!", she said with a pleasant smile. Luna however, had an entirely different reply.

"I DEMAND YOU TO BE OUR COLTFRIENDS!", Luna shouted in the royal canterlot voice!

"Luna!", Celestia scolded. Luna blushed and hid her face with her wings.

"Heh heh! Sorry about that! But be honest Celestia! We were both thinking it."

"Well now that that's out of the way. Is there anything you wanted to know about us?", Burst asked.

"Yes. Twilight also mentioned you faced counterparts to Tirek and Sombra in your world. I'd like to know what became of them.", Celestia said.

"Sombra was destroyed because the evil in him was too great to purify. And Tirek was turned into a kid again because he wanted to be saved. He's living peacefully with his brother Scorpan now."

"It's fortunate to hear that your world's Tirek had a happier ending than ours. Forgive me if I don't wish to speak about it."

"I can respect that. Is there anything else you want to know?"

"Like our phone numbers?", Inferno said with a wink. "Inferno!", Burst snapped. "What? I was just joking!"

"There is. From what Twilight wrote to me, the two of you seem to be highly skilled duelists. I was wondering if you would do my sister and I the pleasure of one duel?"

"You have Duel Monsters here?!", Burst and Inferno blurted out.

"It's only one of my favorite games!", Luna nearly screamed. "It's an especially big hit with all the colts and fillies!"

"Alright then! I'm up against Celestia! Inferno, you'll duel Luna."

"Sweet! Time to duel!"

Burst: 8000
Celestia: 8000

"You're a guest here in Equestria, so I'll let you have the first move."

"Awfully considerate of you your highness. I play Trade-In to discard a level 8 monster and draw two new cards! Then I'll play Return of the Dragon Lords to revive the monster I discarded! Come on out Blue Eyes White Dragon! Next I'll play Card of Consonance! By discard one dragon type tuner monster with 1000 or less attack, I can draw two new cards! Now I'll play Dragon Shrine and send one normal dragon type monster from my deck to the graveyard and since I sent a normal one, I get to send another dragon from my deck to the graveyard! Now I play the spell card I drew! Harmony Absolute! I tribute the Blue Eyes White Dragon on my field to summon Blue Eyes Absolute Dragon! Now one of his effects activates! He gains 300 attack points for every monster in my graveyard! That brings him to 6200! I'll end my turn and hand things over to you."

"I hope you don't think this move is a cheap shot. Since you have a monster and I don't, I can special summon Solar Knight from my hand! Next, I discard one card to activate Lightning Vortex! This destroys all monsters on your field." Soon a storm of lightning bolts rained on Burst's field, but his dragon was still standing. "It appears that there's more to your dragon than meets the eye."

"He's called Blue Eyes Absolute for a reason. He's immune to all card effects. Attack Solar Knight!"

"Absolute Neutron Blast!", Blue Eyes roared as fired his signature attack!

Burst: 8000
Celestia: 4300

"Time to see what else Blue Eyes Absolute can do.", Celestia said with a smile. "I summon Mystical Elf in defense mode and end my turn."

"In that case, I'll be happy to show off! When he destroys a defense mode monster, he inflicts piercing damage equal to their point difference." Celestia slightly winced as she took the damage that resulted from Blue Eyes Absolute's ability.

Burst: 8000
Celestia: 100

"I play Dian Keto the Cure Master to increase my life points. Then I'll summon a monster in defense mode. Then I activate Meteor of Destruction to inflict 1000 points of damage at you directly!" As Celestia activated the card, a meteor materialized that struck Burst directly! But instead of decreasing his life points, it increased them instead! "Another one of Blue Eyes' abilities I assume?"

"You know it! Any effect damage done to me increases my life points instead! Now I'll use another on of his effects! I can target and destroy one card on the field! But the only downside is that I can't attack after I activate this effect. So it's your move again."

Burst: 9000
Celestia: 1100

"The letter Twilight wrote doesn't do your skills any justice. No one's been able to push me this far in a duel before!"

"I take it you're having fun?", Burst said with a smile.

"The time of my life. Now I play Valhalla, Hall of the Fallen! This lets me special summon a fairy type monster from my hand! And I special summon Splendid Venus! Next I'll attack Blue Eyes Absolute Dragon! And since it's the battle phase, I can discard Honest from my hand for Venus to gain your monster's attack points until the end of this turn! Divine Light Blast!" Venus readied her staff, and fired a blast of light that momentarily blinded Burst and Blue Eyes! But when the light faded, Blue Eyes was till on the field.

"And now you've seen the last of his abilities. He can't be destroyed by battle and I take no damage from attacks that target him. It's been a fun duel, but now I'm gonna win this! You know what to do Blue Eyes!" Blue Eyes nodded and fired one last neutron blast that fried Spelndid Venus!

Burst: 9000, win
Celestia: lose

"Show me what you got Luna!", Inferno boasted.

"Gladly!"
Inferno: 8000
Luna: 8000

"I'll take the first move if you don't mind!", Luna said.

"Looks like I'm up against quite the gamer!", Inferno said with a smile.

"My skills here are unparalleled! Now then, I summon Lunar Knight in attack mode! Next I'll equip her with Crescent Blade to boost her by 500 points! I'll set a card and end my turn."

"Time for me to get this duel fired up! I play Red Eyes Fusion and send Red Eyes Black Dragon and Summoned Skull to the graveyard to fusion summon Archfiend Black Skull Dragon! Attack her Lunar Knight with Archfiend Blaze! Now his effect activates! When he attacks or is attacked, I can inflict the attack of a red eyes monster in my graveyard as damage!" Luna wined as a sea of flames crashed into her!

Inferno: 8000
Luna: 5300

"An impressive start! But I haven't even begun to pull off my best combos! I play Dark Hole to destroy all monsters on the field! Since Lunar Knight was destroyed, I can special summon Artemis the Lunar Paladin! Attack him directly with Lunar Slash!" Artemis charged at Inferno directly! Taking a huge chunk out of his life points!

Inferno: 5000
Luna: 5300

"Dang! That was a pretty sweet combo! But now it's time for me to push back! You know how Burst has that Harmony Absolute card? I've got one too now and I just drew it! I activate it and send one Red Eyes Black Dragon from my deck to the graveyard and summon Red Eyes Absolute Dragon! Then I'll summon Black Stone of Legend and tribute him to special summon Red Eyes Black Dragon from my deck! Now I'll give you the run-down on Red Eyes Absolute's effects! Once per turn, he can inflict his attack points as damage but he can't attack after he activates this effect. He gains 300 attack for each monster in my graveyard, he can't be targeted or destroyed by card effects, and I can halve his attack points and attack you directly! However, he can still be destroyed by battle. He might not be as strong as Blue Eyes, but he's still pretty strong! Now I'll use his damage effect! Burn Aura!"

"I'm on fire!", Red Eyes said as he wrapped himself in flames and fired a ball of fire at Luna directly!

"Now I'll set a card and end my turn."

Inferno: 5000
Luna: 100

"Quite the dragon you have! But it's too bad your regular Red Eyes is a sitting duck! Take him down Artemis!"

"Not so fast! I activate my trap card! Compulsory Evacuation Device! This returns one monster on the field to the hand! And I choose Artemis!"

"Darn it! I'm wide open!"

" Let's finish this! Red Eyes Absolute Dragon! Attack her directly with Absolute Inferno Blast!" Red Eyes nodded and fired a flame made up of every color of the rainbow at Luna directly!

Inferno: 5000, win
Luna: lose

"Good duel Luna! You did manage to get at least one good hit in!", Inferno said with a smile. Luna gave a small smile in return.

"True. You're quite skilled yourself! No one but Celestia has been able to beat me."

"So is the coltfriend offer still on the table?", Inferno asked slyly. Luna blushed!

"Th-that?! It was just a joke!"

"Heh heh! Relax princess! I was just joking. Besides, I'm not sure how an inter-dimensional relationship would work. That, and I've kinda got my eye on someone back home. "

"It was fun dueling with you Burst.", Celestia said with a smile. "Any stallion who can't beat me is definitely worthy of being mine.", she said with a wink. Burst could barely contain the blush that was on his face.

"Uh...th-thanks!", Burst said with a small smile. 'And now I don't think that it's weird that I have a crush on my world's Celestia.

"Come on you two charmers!", Twilight said. "We're headed back to Ponyville before things escalate anymore!" And with that, Twilight teleported them back to her castle. "Well that should be it for today. Tomorrow afternoon, you should be able to head back home!"

"Awesome!", Burst said. "Just wait for us guys! We'll be back soon!"

Author's Note:

Shout out to MLPFan1 for letting me use their OC Dark Ice! Thanks for your continued support!