• Published 20th Aug 2016
  • 1,632 Views, 66 Comments

Welcome To Ponyville High - xxGamer101xx



Princess Celestia sends her chosen pupil, Twiligt Sparkle to learn the magic and wonder of friendship at high school

  • ...
1
 66
 1,632

Chapter 8

Twilight drew her knees close to her body as she raised her head to look at the starry night. As she sat outside on her front lawn, she looked at the moon in awe, tracing the faint outline on its surface.

What was Princess Luna talking about?

“I didn't know you liked looking at stars.”

Twilight jerked her head away from the view and to her front. She smiled when she saw it was Comet Tail standing in front of her.

“Whenever I’m feeling stressed out I come out here to relax,” Twilight explained with a sigh. She turned her gaze back up to the night sky. “I’ve been feeling stressed out recently.”

“Yeah I can tell that you haven stress out recently.” he said with a reassuring smile. Comet Tail laughed as he looked on with her. “I never took you for a sky gazer, Twilight.”

“There’s a lot of things most people don’t know about me.”

“Why do you like looking at the stars?” asked Comet Tail as he smiled.

Twilight shrugged as she returned her attention back to Comet Tail. “I like looking at the different constellations in the sky.”

“Do you mind if I look at the stars with you?” Comet asked as he gave Twilight a goofy grin.

Twilight thought for a moment, then responded back with a warm smile. “Sure.”

“Awesome,” Comet laughed, taking a seat beside her. Moments passed as they looked in the the stars in silence. Comet was the first to break the silence as he spoke up. “If you had to pick a constellation, which one would be your favorite?”

Twilight shrugged and thought for a moment. “I guess if I had to choose, it would be Orion.”

Comet smiled and softly said. “Nice one. That’s a pretty good one. His story is very sad. At least he got to be with his dogs ‘til the end.”

“Yeah… not the worst, though,” said Twilight as she nodded. “When I lived in Canterlot, I used to stay up and do this all the time with my older brother.”

“Wow,” Comet breathed as he gave Twilight a smile. “I’ve heard being up there at night is a sight to see.”

“Yeah it really is.” She nodded with a nostalgic smile. “My dad used to point out the constellations to me when I was younger.”

“Really?” said Comet as his eyes lit up at her response. “That’s pretty cool.”

Twilight smiled. “Yeah, I guess you can say that.”

Before he could say anything, he saw a moving light in the sky, a smile plastering itself on his face. “A shooting star! Quick, make a wish,” Comet exclaimed, shutting his eyes immediately.

Twilight closed her eyes and smiled. They were both quiet for a while, then laughed as they finished their silent desires.

“What did you wish for?” laughed Comet, nudging her side.

Twilight giggled in response. “I can’t tell you what I wished for. If I did tell you, then it won’t come true.”

He laughed as well before shrugging. “It was worth a shot.”

She rolled her eyes playfully, their laughter returning to silence. Her smile slowly waned as she fell into her thoughts again. “They say when there’s a shooting star, it's the moon crying,” Twilight murmured.

“I heard something like that too.” said Comet as he glanced over to her shortly before looking back up. “Do you think they belong to Princess Luna?”

“Maybe.” Her eyes wandered to the moon, focusing on the image again. “Maybe it's Luna trying to talk to her sister.”

“What do you think she’s trying to say?” Comet questioned as he too looked to the moon.

Twilight couldn’t find any other answer than the one she’d read. “Maybe she’s trying to tell Princess Celestia that she’s sorry."

Comet sighed softly, grinning bittersweetly. “Do you think Celestia knows that?”

“I don’t know,” Twilight said softly, turning to the ground again. “I think deep down, she knows Luna is sorry for what she did.”

“I would hope so. I mean, it’s been 1,000 years,” remarked Comet. “That’s a long time to think about what you did… and to be away from your only sister.”

“Yeah. I hope Celestia forgives Luna for what she did.”

“1,000 years without her little sister. How could can anyone live like that for that long?” asked Comet. “I guess they both had time to think about what they did.”

“Her punishment was never meant to hurt her,” reasoned Twilight as she drew her gaze from the sky back to Comet. “She was just trying to keep Equestria safe from harm.”

“Banishing her sister though for eternity to the moon, though?” Comet rebutted quietly. “Sounds a bit harsh.”

“She had to do what was the best for Equestria.”

Comet laid down on the ground as he looked up to the night sky. “Do you think Princess Celestia forgives her sister?”

“I don’t know,” Twilight sighed, breaking her gaze from the sky. “How about you?”

“I hope so,” Comet said. “With both sisters magic could come back.”

Twilight smirked. “You believe in that old legend, too?”

Comet smiled. “Yeah I do. How about you?”

Twilight had smiled too. “I do too.

He chuckled softly as he stood up, giving Twilight a smile and waved at her. “It was nice seeing the stars with you.”

“Same to you,” she warmly replied.

Comet waved as he turned his back and walked away. “See you in class!” he shouted to her.

Twilight stood up too and soon went up the stairs of her porch. “Yeah. See you in class.”

As she entered through the front door, she saw her mother standing by the window with a very smug grin.

“Who was that boy you were talking to?” her mother teased, grinning at her daughter. “The both of you seem to be hitting it off.”

Twilight only sighed in annoyance as she ignored her mother’s comment and made her way up the stairs and to her bedroom. She yawned as she soon was now laying on her bed.

"Maybe a goodnight sleep can help me a little less stressed today."
***
“And that’s how functions work.” smiled Twilight as she moved her notebook for Rainbow to see.

Rainbow, however didn't look that impressed. She was resting her head on one hand and was tapped the kitchen table with her other. She sighed as she slumped back into her seat and crossed her arms. "So boring." she muttered.

“Rainbow, sweetie, don’t slouch,” an older woman reminded her as she entered the kitchen. She had the same rainbow colored hair as Rainbow, but it was longer and the colors were less vibrant.

“Yes, mom,” muttered Rainbow as she straightened up in her seat. She grabbed her pencil and began solving the next problem on her notebook. When she was done, she pushed it to her tutor. Twilight began to examine her work, and when she was done she smiled to Rainbow.

“Rainbow, you got it right!” exclaimed Twilight happily. “You’re really getting the hang of this.”

Rainbow smirked. “Well, what do you expect from yours truly?”

Twilight smirked as well as she giggled at Rainbow's comment. “It’d do some good if we worked on your modesty.”

Rainbow chuckled and crossed her arms behind her back as she gave Twilight a goofy grin. “I have to give credit where credit is due. You make this math sound super easy.”

Twilight smiled and nodded softly. “I’m glad.”

“Twilight, you really are the smartest person I know!”

As Twilight went to respond, she sneezed. When she opened her eyes, she gasped in surprise. She was sitting at a kitchen table, yes, but she was somehow transferred to a different house. She looked around and saw four other people were sitting at the kitchen table too. They were in the middle of dinner and were currently staring at her in bewilderment.

There was an older male with white hair and an older female with purple glasses and red hair. Across from them were two teenagers, a teenage boy with long blonde hair and next to him… Fluttershy?

Twilight gave a nervous laugh as she waved calmly. “Uhhh…. hello there.”

The blond teenager gave a smile as he looked at Twilight. He smiled and winked at her, “Hello there yourself.”

“T-T-Twilight,” she stammered, giving Twilight a mortified look. “H-how did you get here?”

“Come on, sis,” said the boy in a more relaxed tone. “When a pretty lady randomly appears in your kitchen, don’t question it.”

“Zephyr Breeze,” Fluttershy whispered in embarrassed as her voice grew softer and quieter with every word she was speaking. “Shut up.”

Zephyr laughed as he gave a goofy grin to his sister. “I was just stating facts. The fact is that all your friends seem to be super pretty.”

“Zephyr,” Fluttershy harshly whispered, glaring at her brother even harder. “You do this every time.”

Twilight rose from her seat as she rushed out of her friend’s house. Apologizing the entire way out. As Twilight was out of the house, Zephyr gave a smirk towards his older her sister.

“Hey, sis,” Zephyr said, his smirk growing. “Wasn’t that one of your friends?”

“Yes,” replied Fluttershy softly as she restricted her eyes to the table. "Why do you ask?"

“She’s almost as pretty as Rainbow and she's quite the beauty there sis,” Zephyr laughed out loud as he gave his sister a brighter smile.

Fluttershy slumped in her seat and muttered, “Please stop talking, Zephyr.”

“I’m just stating facts there, sis.”

Twilight ran to Rainbow’s house right next door and started banging on the door. She was greeted by a surprised Rainbow answering the door. Before Rainbow could anything, Twilight had barged straight into the house.

“Where did you go?!” asked a shocked Rainbow as she closed the door. “I mean one second you're sitting in my kitchen and the next you're gone.”

“Well if I told the real reason how I disappeared, I have a feeling you won’t believe me.” replied Twilight softly as she was looking at the ground. "I don't quite believe what happened myself."

Rainbow smirked. “Try me.”

“I don’t know and I don’t know how I got there,” muttered Twilight as she entered Rainbow’s house.

“What do you mean, you don’t know?”

Twilight began to run her hands through her hair in an effort to calm herself down. She only sighed. “I just sneezed and I just appeared at Fluttershy’s house.”

Rainbow’s eyes widened in shock. “What do you mean you just sneezed and appeared in Fluttershy’s house?”

Twilight just looked at Rainbow with a confused look. “I don’t know how I got there. It was like magic or something.”

Rainbow deadpanned at her response as she just looked at Twilight confused. “Twilight, magic hasn’t exited in Equestria for a long time. Like a super really long time.”

“Okay, so what if somehow there was still magic in Equestria.” remarked Twilight as she tried to reason with Rainbow. “That at least as to explain how I suddenly appeared in Fluttershy’s house, right?”

"I guess." remarked Rainbow as she gave Twilight an uneasy look. "I mean I don't know of any other reason to why you just suddenly appeared in Fluttershy's house."

“Are you just staying that to make feel better?” asked Twilight as she gave her a nervous smile.

“No.” Rainbow quickly said. She exhaled softly and put a hand on Twilight's shoulder. “Why would I do anything like that?”

Twilight nodded. “Okay… good. I... guess we should go back to tutoring then.”

“Uhh, okay then,” Rainbow muttered as they made their way towards the kitchen.

“Am I going crazy or something? I must be going crazy. Only a crazy person would be going through things like this.”

Twilight stopped in her tracks and turned to her. She sighed as she tried to change the subject. “Did you know that Fluttershy had a brother?”

"Yeah, I did." Rainbow groaned in annoyance as she facepalmed. “Don’t remind me of that boy.”

Twilight blinked in confusion. “What’s wrong with him?”

“Where do I start?” Rainbow sighed as grew more and more annyoed.

Twilight just stood there as she gave Rainbow a confused look. “I guess you don’t like him then, right?”

“He just annoys me.” sighed Rainbow again as she grew even more annoyed, “Come on can we just go back to doing the math work?”

“Never thought I would see someone this excited to do math homework. Then again, there is a first for everything.”
***
Twilight sat in the living room of her house, looking intently on the program that was playing on the television. She glanced to her brother and his girlfriend, who were watching with her. Shining got up from the couch and went to the kitchen, leaving just Twilight and Cadence.

“Hey, Cadence,” said Twilight as her eyes remained on the TV.

“Yes?” Cadence questioned, looking to her.

“Can I ask you something?”

“Sure, what is it?”

Twilight thought for a moment and looked back at Cadence. “Do you believe in magic?”

Cadence gave her a confused look. She thought for a moment and soon responded with, “Why do you ask?”

Twilight only shrugged. “Just a lot of strange things happening lately.”

Cadence slowly nodded. “Oh yeah, Shining told me about weird things that’ve been happening to you.”

“He has?” asked Twilight as she raised an eyebrow towards Cadence.

Cadence nodded. “Well, he was mostly talking about the weird way you’ve been acting, recently.” she paused for a moment and soon asked, “Are you alright, Twilight?”

Why is everyone keep on asking me that?

“I’m fine,” Twilight stated in annoyance. She rose from her seat and headed for the stairs. As she was storming off, her brother was entering the room.

He watched her climb her stairs before turning to Cadence.“What did I miss?” he questioned. “What caused my sister to leave in a huff like that?”

Cadence only sighed in response and shrugged. “I don’t know.”

Shining nodded as he sat next to her on the couch. He then softly said, “My sister has been acting really strange lately. I’m just really worried about her.”

Cadence offered him a reassuring smile in response. “I know, I’m worried about her too.”

"Twilight is smart, like really smart. I'm sure she'll figure what's wrong soon." sighed Shining Armor as he sat back into the couch.

Cadence smiled again. "Your sister is smart Shinny, I just know she'll figure things out soon."
***
Twilight slammed the door before throwing herself on the bed and screaming into her pillow. She laid on her back and sighed as she stared at the ceiling of her bedroom.

"Why is all of this stuff keeps on happening to me."

She groaned as she closed her eyes. Maybe Princess Luna would see her again in her dreams, and this time maybe answer some of her questions.

“Maybe all of the answers to these questions are in my dreams. I’m sure Luna can at least help me a little.”
***
Twilight was now standing in an empty throne room. As she wandered about, she saw Luna sitting there. The Princess smiled as she made her way towards Twilight.

“Hello again, Twilight Sparkle,” the alicorn greeted as she smiled. “It is time that I show you something very important.”

“What is it you want to show me, Luna?” asked Twilight.

“It is time that I show you what the Elements of Harmony are,” stated Luna, her eyes beginning to glow again. “And when my sister and I last used them.”

"What do you mean?"

"You should know how to use the Elements of Harmony when it is needed."