• Published 20th Aug 2016
  • 1,630 Views, 66 Comments

Welcome To Ponyville High - xxGamer101xx



Princess Celestia sends her chosen pupil, Twiligt Sparkle to learn the magic and wonder of friendship at high school

  • ...
1
 66
 1,630

Chapter 16

"This is more boring then I thought." laughed Nightmare Moon as she was pinning Celestia against the wall with her magic. She gave an annoyed sigh and soon added , “What’s wrong, sister? Why aren't you fighting me?"

Celestia managed to lift her head and glared into her eyes. “I won’t… fight you.”

“You're 1,000 years too late to show sympathy.”

“This isn’t the real you that’s talking, Luna. Its some impostor and you can fight this! I know you can!”

“I seem to remember this talk,” Nightmare snickered, slowly getting closer. “Oh yes, this was the same talk you had before we fought and you banished me.”

“Which means I’ll say the same things before I am forced to fight you,” said Celestia. “However, I know that somewhere my sister is in there. I will not rest until she is free from you.”

Nightmare only snarled back in response as her eyes glowed white and she pushed Celestia against the wall again. “Where was this compassion when you banished me?” she sneered. "Where was this kindness you're just now showing me. Where was all of this when we first fought like this?"

“You were threatening to bring about eternal night!” Celestia shouted, returning the stern look she was given. “You threatened to enslave all of Equestria under eternal darkness. You forced my hand.”

“And what makes you so sure this isn’t as then?”

“Your banishment was meant to help you,” pleaded Celestia, her gaze softening as she sought reason. “It was to soothe your anger and give time for you to reflect.”

"You thought that all alone on the moon was supposed to make me less angry? Surely, you must be jesting. It did the complete opposite."

"It appears I was wrong after all." sighed Celestia in defeat.

Nightmare Moon laughed, almost pitying the goddess at her mercy. “You’re not wrong. You gave me 1,000 years to think of my actions that day.”

“Have you?” Celestia questioned, raising an eyebrow to her response. “Your actions speak otherwise.”

“Oh yes,” nodded Nightmare Moon, “I realised that all of Equestria was foolish enough to worship such a pathetic excuse for a ruler.”

Celestia narrowed her eyes and before drooping her head in defeat. “You haven’t changed, have you?”

She grunted in pain as the hold on her tightened, almost crushing her body. “You expected 1,000 years of isolation to change me, did you?”

“I believed you would realize all of the destruction you caused was for nothing,” Celestia retorted. “That you would see our nation loves us equally!”

Nightmare Moon only scoffed at her comment. “I’m not the naive little sister anymore. I won’t fall for your lies, sister.”

“These aren’t lies, Luna. It’s the truth” Celestia pleaded, praying her words had some effect..

“Enough of this!” shouted Nightmare Moon. “Now you will know the pain you dealt me. Only this time, it will be eternal.”

"Eternal?" asked Celestia. "What do you mean by that?"

"You will soon know the pain that the isolation of my banishment you caused me." shouted Nightmare Moon. She then gave her sister a sly smile. "Its my turn to rule Equestria now."

Celestia lowered her head once more, mustering one last plea. “Sister… I know this isn’t you. I know deep down you're still there.”

“You waste your breath!” shouted Nightmare, her eyes lighting up as she prepared her spell. "I told you before. Luna no more. Now, only the nightmare remains."

“...I wasn’t the sister you needed… but remember this-”

“Silence!”

“I forgave you then… and I forgive you now.”

“THAT IS ENOUGH!” Nightmare roared, her magic turning black as her spell changed.

Before she could unleash her spell, the throne room doors opened with a booming thud. An annoyed sigh left Nightmare when she recognized each face that entered.

“These children again? I thought I was done dealing with you six.” snarled Nightmare. “How did you escape your nightmares?!”

Celestia eyes widened in shock as she looked to the young woman leading the group of girls. “Twilight!” she called. “What are you doing here?”

“Sorry to interrupt, Nightmare Moon,” Twilight sarcastically announced, “but I’m pretty sure it's part of my civic duty to stop you from overthrowing your sister.”

Nightmare only smirked and gave the girls a round of applause. The girls watched her with a touch of confusion, and it only caused Nightmare to chuckle lightly. “Well consider me impressed. Most don’t make it past their own nightmares, you know.”

Her words caused the group to quiver a bit. She then added, “I tormented the people that defied me with their dreams. Some didn’t even remain sane,” Nightmare softly laughed, feasting on their horrified faces. Her smirk faded when the rainbow haired girl stepped forward brazenly.

“Gonna have to do better than that to scare me,” smirked Rainbow Dash. "Nothing you can do will make me afraid."

“Well, aren’t you the brave one,” scoffed Nightmare Moon as she crossed her arms. She looked to the only trembling girl and pointed a finger. “Your friend there isn’t so brave, now is she?”

“I-I-...umm…” whispered Fluttershy as she tried to stop the shudders.

“Hey!” shouted Pinkie as she pointed her finger at Pinkie Pie. “Don’t pick on Fluttershy like that, you bully!”

“Oh?” mocked Nightmare Moon. “And what might you do about it?”

“Defeat you,” stated Twilight boldly.

"Oh really?" laughed Nightmare Moon in response, “I would love to see this.”

“You listen here,” Applejack said as she moved to Twilight’s side. “Ah’m with you till the end on this, Twi.”

“As am I,” declared Rarity.

“Same here,” Rainbow said.

“Come on, girls, let’s show Nightmare Moon that the Elements of Harmony are back!” shouted Twilight.

“Yeah!” they all shouted in unison.

Nightmare grinned as she watched the girls reach into their shirt and pulled out necklaces. Her composure faltered as they held hands, prompting the gems to glow. A surge of magic began to flow through their bodies as their eyes shone a bright white. From the gems six bright lights erupted, spiraling above them and forming a powerful rainbow before it came crashing down on the corrupt goddess. She cried out as she was pummeled by the ancient magic, her clouded mind being filled with the warmth her cold heart had forgotten. Soon, the rainbow enveloped her before flashing into white. Once the magic had left them, the girls collapsed almost immediately from exhaustion.

A new figure rose from the ground, her hair a twinkling dark blue like the night sky in an ethereal wind. She glanced down at her midnight blue dress, the shattered armor of the Nightmare at her feet. There was nothing but shock as she looked around the familiar but different throne room, and gasped as she felt a hand on her shoulder. She looked up to Celestia with fear, but upon seeing the warmth in her eyes her own started to well up with tears..

“Sis...Sister?” the woman weakly asked.

“Welcome back, Luna,” Celestia sniffled, pulling her younger sister into a tight hug.

Luna tightened her arms around her sister as tears fell from her eyes. “I missed you so much,” she whispered, gritting her teeth. “I’m so sorry.”

“I’m sorry too,” chuckled Celestia. “I’m just glad to have you back.”

“Oh my,” mumbled Rarity, watching the sisters hug each other. “We reunited the Princesses.”

“This day just got a whole lot cooler,” smiled Rainbow Dash.

“I know!” sobbed Pinkie as she started to cry hysterically. “I’m so happy!”

The two sisters broke away from their hug as Celestia turned to the winded group her student had gathered. She offered a hand to her student and helped her back onto her feet and into another embrace.

“My faithful student,” smiled Celestia. “I must say I’m impressed with your progress.”

Twilight blinked in shock at her words. “R-really?”

“Yes,” nodded Celestia. “Not only did you find friendship, but the magic to awaken the Elements… and return Luna back to normal.”

“It wasn’t easy,” Twilight nervously laughed, rubbing her head.

“I can only imagine, my prized student,” smiled the Princess. “But no matter how old you were or how difficult my tasks were, you never ceased to impress.”

Tears of joy formed in her eyes as she hugged her teacher. “Thank you, princess.”

“However, I must know. How did you know where the Elements of Harmony were?”

“Oh, umm,” said Twilight as she gave Princess Celestia a sheepish smile. “Well I kinda used an old history book to find them.”

“And know that your friends represented each Element? I very impressed, Twilight.”

“So then… I passed?”

“With flying colors, Twilight.” she smiled. Celestia's smiled soon faded as she gave her student a more somber look. “Since your friends were able to find the Elements of Harmony, it's time that I tell you six something important.”

“What is it, Princess?”

"As you can tell, you six are now the new wielders of the Elements of Harmony. That task means you a required to defend Equestria." explained Celestia. "These defeat of Nightmare Moon isn't the only threat you six face. There is a new one that you all will soon face."

"What is it?"

As Princess Celestia was about to open her mouth, everything around Twilight froze. Twilight’s eyes widened as she heard laughing, but no matter where she looked she couldn’t find where it was coming from. Twilight jumped in surprise as a hand touched her shoulder.

She looked and saw a man with white hair parted by a streak of black. He wore a brown suit with mismatched sleeves and pants, and a crumbled top hat.

“It appears you have a habit of ruining my plans no matter where we go,” the man laughed. “I misunderstood you, Twilight.”

“Your voice,” murmured Twilight. “I remember… the dreams.”

“Oh?” the man chuckled with a wink. “I didn’t know you had dreams about me.”

Twilight shrugged his comment off and narrowed her eyes. “Discord.”

“Front and center,” Discord said with a bow. He then laughed and offered Twilight a smile. “It took even you long enough to figure everything out. Still however, you did figure out everything just in time to ruin the little gift I had left you."

“What do you mean?” asked Twilight in an annoyed tone. "I'm sick of these games, just answer my questions now."

Discord ignored her comment and added, “I thought, ‘the great Twilight Sparkle’ was so intelligent,” Discord chimed in laughter. “Well then again, you did find the Elements of Harmony all by yourself. So there’s that.”

Twilight didn’t let her guard down to his rambling. “Why are you here?”

Discord only laughed harder in response. “What’s the point of making sense now?”

She was taken back by his peculiar answer. “What?”

“I am the God of Chaos and Disharmony,” smiled Discord. “Causing all this conflict is something I take pride in doing.”

“I’ll find out what you’re doing and why you’re doing all of this,” declared Twilight as she glared at Discord.

"Good luck trying to figure out this sea of chaos I created." smiled Discord.

"I'll make sure that I'll solve this." declared Twilight as she glared harder at Discord.

"If looks good kill." laughed Discord as he faked being wounded. “Well until then,” sang Discord as everything around Twilight began to disappear, “I’ll be seeing you, Twilight Sparkle.”
***
Twilight’s eyes darted open as she shot up. She looked around and saw her friends watching her with concerned expressions.

“Twilight,” Applejack said, greeting her with a soft smile. “You all right there, sugarcube?”

“Yeah,” she sighed as she got up. She looked out the window, noticing the land passing by. “Where am I?”

“A train to Ponyville,” replied Rarity. “After we freed Luna, you passed out.”

“Ya gave us all a mighty scare,” added Applejack.

“After you passed out, Princess Celestia wanted to talk with us,” Fluttershy explained.

“What did the Princess say?”

“The Princess told us that it might have been something with the thingy she was going to talk to you about,” Pinkie said with a shrug.

“She said she knows what’s up with our weird dreams. She said it was something about the return of this guy Discord,” shrugged Rainbow. “Whatever. If it's anything like Nightmare Moon, then bring it on!”

“Well, when you pass out you have some pretty weird dreams,” pointed out Rainbow as she leaned against the wall next to Twilight. “So, have any weird dreams lately?”

“You know that guy that’s been in all of our dreams? Discord?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, I saw him.”

“You saw him too?!” spoke Fluttershy in an usually louder voice. The girls all looked in shock and Fluttershy hid herself behind her hair once more, letting out a soft whimper at their focused attention.

“So you met him?” Pinkie questioned, leaning onto Twilight’s legs. “That sounds super scary!”

“I bet he looked like some creep,” Rainbow scoffed. “What kinda guy talks to girls in their dreams?”

“Well, I wasn’t the only one that’s seen him, apparently,” Twilight reminded them, turning back to Fluttershy.

Rarity came closer to her and held her hand. “So you saw him as well?” she asked. Fluttershy nodded softly and gulped. “Did he touch you? If he laid ONE evil hand on you-!”

“He didn’t,” Fluttershy quickly said, recoiling when she realized what she did. “He… he told me… not to believe anything you all say.”

“That’s weird,” said Applejack. “Why would he say that?”

“He said that we’re friends…. but I don’t remember meeting him before then,” said Fluttershy.

“So what do we do now?” asked Rainbow. “I mean, about Discord.”

“I guess… we just wait for him,” Twilight murmured, realizing the flaw to her promise.

“Well, how long do we have before we all meet him?” asked Rarity.

“I… I don’t know,” mumbled Twilight, thinking of any sort of leads. “I wouldn’t even know where to start. We’re just gonna have to wait for him… unless I can find some sort of history book with him in it. If a book like that exists.”

“So all we can do is wait for ‘im to try and take down Equestria?” Applejack questioned. Sadly, all Twilight could offer her was a nod.

“Until then, I guess we have try to live things normally.”

“Well, alright then,” Rarity said, just as clueless as the others. "I guess that's one way to deal with all of this."

"Its going to be the way we have to deal with this." said Twilight. "I don't know how else we could deal with it."

Soon silence filled with room with no girl daring to talk. Moments passed and Pinkie was the first to break the silence. Pinkie's voice wasn't filled with life. This time it was soft and spoken in a much more serious tone.

“If we have to face Discord, I don’t want him going inside my head,” said Pinkie in an unusually somber tone.

Twilight looked at her friend with a concerned look and noticed that her hair was now straight and her eyes were dull blue. She wasn't her usual happy self, and that caused great concern to Twilight.

“Ah second that,” Applejack chimed in. “Nightmare Moon going inside all our heads like that was a little too much.”

“Yeah,” agreed Rainbow Dash. “It all felt like it was really happening.”

“I agree with that,” added in Rarity. “It was all too real. It felt like it actually happened.”

“It didn't really happen,” said Twilight, trying to give the two girls a reassuring smile. “It was just a trick she was using to scare us.”

"It felt too real to be just a trick." mumbled Pinkie.

"It was just a trick Pinkie, trust me. We would never do that to you ever. Believe me."

However, Pinkie didn't do her usual smile or laugh. Instead she looked at Twilight dead in the eye with a serious look on her face. “The way she made me feel reminded when I used to live on the Rock Farm. I don’t wanna feel like that ever again.”

“You won’t have to,” assured Twilight. “We’re your friends, Pinkie. We’ll never leave you like that.”

Pinkie didn't respond as she rose from her seat. She then exited the room, leaving her friends to worry about her reaction. Silence yet again filled the room once more. Rainbow Dash was the first to break the silence.

“I guess Nightmare really struck a nerve, huh?” remarked Rainbow.

“Having a nightmare where you feel like all your friends betrayed you… would, um, normally do a number on you,” mumbled Fluttershy, her voice getting lower and lower.

“That’s understandable,” sighed Rarity. “Given what’s happened recently.”

Rainbow then yawned and stretched her arms. “Let’s talk to her when she calms down. I’m gonna hit the hay. Fighting an evil version of Princess Luna tired me out.”

“I think that’s best,” agreed Rarity. She then gave Twilight a smile. “Goodnight, Twilight. Hope you don’t have any strange dreams.”

“I hope so too,” mumbled in Twilight as she started to look out of the window of the train.

Little by little everything is starting to make sense. So that’s a good sign. I guess.