• Published 15th Aug 2016
  • 6,859 Views, 118 Comments

The Crow: Red Sins - 2wingo



Jason Wright is reborn as The Crow, and returns to Ponyville to take his just revenge. An "Ending-Verse" fic.

  • ...
9
 118
 6,859

III

"Jason, please." Applejack struggled to speak, his hand like a vice around her throat. "Please, don't hurt me."

"I like the way you beg, little filly," sneered Jason. "C'mon, keep at it."

"What?" She was getting lightheaded.

"Beg," he growled, kicking open the barn door. "Plead for mercy, fall down on your hocks in supplication, PRAY for me to stop hurting you!"

He threw her to the ground and punched her in the stomach. Bile rose to her throat and Applejack vomited, the acid making it so raw she lacked the capacity to scream.

"And then," he hissed, "like you and the others always did, I'll ignore it and keep hurting you."

"I - I know what we did was wrong -" Jason's eyes glowed blood red, and Applejack found that she could no longer speak.

"And yet you did it anyway," he said. "Kinda makes whatever reason you had for doing it irrelevant, wouldn't you say?"

Applejack tried to run, but she was rooted to the spot. Jason raised his left hand and placed his palm directly against her forehead.

"I have something for you, Applejack." His voice sounded almost sad. "I don't want it anymore."

Pain every inch of her body hurt as the orange pony's hooves struck her rib-cage and tore her flesh She tried to struggle but her body was weakened by hunger and hardship Wynonna's teeth tore her face O FAUST IT HURT SO MUCH her belly ached to be filled she hadn't tried to take much a few apples wouldn't be missed "GIT OFF MAH FARM, YA VARMINT!"

"No," she whispered.

Loneliness no one would speak to her no one listened she had no one and no where to go the cave stunk and only the fire kept predators away why oh why want to go home can't go back no way back some-pony left food won't be my friends why am I not worthy of friends

"No!" she croaked, louder this time.

Happy Celestia and Luna said go to Ponyville everything will be good my dream finally coming true what why not "Not another human" but Twilight hasn't met me the others will understand no they all reject me what did I do wrong

"Nothin'," she choked, "Ya did nothin' wrong."

Jason removed his hand and Applejack fell to the ground, convulsing and sobbing. Three years. Jason had come to Equestria in search of love and friendship, things that their very culture was based around giving. And for three years, he had known only misery, rejection and pain. Now, she knew exactly what he endured for those years, all crammed into ten seconds.

"I imagine that if you could speak, you'd be telling me how sorry you are right now." Jason's voice had a hollow ring to it, as though he were trying to bury great pain beneath a mask of calmness. "But you haven't even begun to be sorry. By tomorrow, if you're not the sorriest Faust-damned pony in all of Equestria, you'll certainly be in the top ten."

Thunder rumbled in the distance. A storm was supposed to roll in from Cloudsdale tonight, Applejack vaguely recalled.

"What are you going to do to me?" Applejack spoke with trepidation. What could possibly be worse than what he'd just done?

"It's not what I'll DO, it's what you've DONE." said Jason. "Some say that the eyes are the windows to the soul. If that's the case, then yours have been flung open for all the world to see inside."

Grannie Smith called Applejack's name from the house. Jason turned to her and said, "Gotta go, AJ. I have seven other appointments to keep tonight." A black crow flew over him and he was gone.

For a while, all Applejack could do was lie on the ground. The pain was gone, but a feeling of heaviness had replaced it. It was as though she was carrying a burden on her back, a burden that filled her whole being with sadness.

"Applejack, what's wrong?" Applebloom saw her lying out in the yard and ran to her, but froze in place when she looked into Applejack's eyes.

"Applebloom?" she stood and shook her sister gently. "Applebloom, what's wrong?!"

Applebloom's mouth opened and closed a few times before she could finally get the words out. "Applejack," she whispered, "How could you?"