• Published 24th Jul 2016
  • 2,377 Views, 8 Comments

My Little Pony Mystic Season 1 - Shadow Master



Join Twilight Sparkle and her friends into new adventures, along with Mystic Ponies!

  • ...
13
 8
 2,377

Episode 8: The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone

At Sugarcube Corner, Pinkie Pie was steering her spoon on the bowl of chocolate mixed while singing happily and joyfully. Her pet Gummy was watching the event from the table's top. And she seemed to be happy for doing it.

"This is gonna be so great, Gummy! We have absolutely nothing to do today except bake!" Pinkie exclaimed happily as she continued steering the bowl, "I've been waiting for just the right time to finally try Granny Pie's super-special triple-chocolate, fifteen-layer marjolaine recipe! It's gonna be amazing!"

Pinkie hummed as she checked on list of ingredients she required to make her cake, "Let's see. Nutty meringue, chocolate ganache, praline and nuts, cocoa-flavored buttercream..."

But at the same time, her Cutie Mark glowed bright. Pinkie Pie didn't noticed as she headed to the oven. The oven stopped its heating up. She opened it before took the tray of cakes out. She placed it on the table.

"An hour per layer – that's fifteen hours of pure baking bliss!" Pinkie squealed, "Okay, Gummy, I think we're ready to start prepping the second layer!"

Pinkie Pie stopped as she noticed something. She turned her head back and looking at her flank as her Cutie Mark was glowing.

"Oh, my gosh! My cutie mark!" Pinkie Pie gasped in shock. She turned to Gummy as she whispered, "You know what this means?! The map!"

Pinkie Pie was about to head off to the door but stopped as she turned and looked at her pet - Gummy. She forgotten about making her grandmother's special recipe chocolate cake. And she needed someone to help her accomplish it.

"Uh, Gummy? Could you take over for a bit? Hopefully this'll be quick." Pinkie pleaded as she helped and 'taught' Gummy of how the cake baked on the cup. She instructed, "I'll just measure the baking powder for you. And when the first layer cools, you can drizzle some of the ganache over it. And don't forget to beat the egg whites for the meringue! "

As the Cutie Mark was glowing, Pinkie Pie looked worry and scared as she knew she had to go now. The Cutie Map is calling for her now! She then passed the utility to Gummy's mouth at once.

"I know you can do this, Gummy! You're the best alligator baker I've ever met!"

Pinkie Pie then kissed on Gummy's jaws passionately. Pinkie Pie then bounced happily off to Friendship Rainbow Kingdom at once. With Pinkie left, Gummy fell his head to the table hard as he was doing... Nothing?


At Friendship Rainbow Kingdom's Friendship Meeting, Twilight Sparkle was looking at the Cutie Map along with her friends - Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie. They were summoned by it for the friendship problem to deal with.

Twilight spotted both Rainbow Dash's and Pinkie Pie's Cutie Mark floating and spinning around the the large tree with several branches and houses on top of it Griffonstone. Hers and Applejack's floated around the Phoenix Statue-like on the Northern Ma which was neared to Crystal Empire. She smiled happily as she looked at both places that the Cutie Map had selected for her and her friends to go.

"This is so exciting. The map is summoning you to Griffonstone, the very heart of the griffon kingdom!" Twilight said happily as she levitated the 'Bygone Griffon of Greatness' Book, "I don't know if either of you have read "Bygone Griffons of Greatness", but griffons were known to be—"

Rainbow Dash interrupted angrily as she glared at Griffonstone from her seat, "Rude, insensitive bullies?"

"You mean Gilda?"

"Yeah, I mean Gilda! When she came to Ponyville, she was a total jerk to all my friends, especially Pinkie Pie!"

Some years ago, Rainbow Dash invited her childhood friend - Gilda to her latest home - Ponyville. Instead of making a warm and gentle welcoming to her pony friends, she aggressively bullied and insulted that she and Rainbow Dash are the best and cooler than any ponies while considered them lame. Thus, forcing her to dumped her own best friend for her pony friends.

"She was a bit of a party pooper." Pinkie admitted.

Applejack nodded, "Dash does have the point, Twi. If Gilda is so rude as we all know of, what makes you think of others? And you'd think they're any different?"

"Even so You still get to go to Griffonstone, and according to this book, it has a rich, fascinating history!" Twilight insisted happily.

Twilight took the book as she narrated, "In ancient times, griffons were known to be as greedy as dragons, always hoarding their bits and other treasures."

Twilight shown the book that consisted of Griffons bickering and fighting amongst each other over the money, territories and jewels. Then, a proud brownish Griffon wearing a crown - King Grover held the golden statue with eagle's claw, a feathered wing and an orb within it. The Griffons turned and bowed before their new king for uniting their clan as one. They lived harmonically and peacefully at their Griffon Kingdom.

"But all that changed when King Grover found the mysterious golden Idol of Boreas. Legend says the Idol of Boreas was made from the dust of golden sunsets, blown across the mountains by the north winds. Possessing the Idol of Boreas filled the griffons' hearts with pride. It's said that that one great treasure is responsible for turning Griffonstone into the most majestic kingdom of all the land."

"And why do you care so much about griffons anyway?" Rainbow asked in annoyance.

"It was actually Gilda's visit that made me curious. So I picked up 'Bygone Griffons of Greatness', and I've been hooked ever since! And now..." Twilight Sparkle sighed happily as she looked at Griffonstone landmark, "Now you two get to see Griffonstone with your very own eyes."

Pinkie was surprised as she looked at Griffonstone, "Huh? Just me and Rainbow Dash?"

"Hey, you can totally take my place if you want." Rainbow pretended yawned sleepily, "I still have half a nap to finish."

Pinkie nodded, "Why don't you just come with us? I mean, you are the Princess of Friendship."

Twilight shook her head as she spoke calmly yet a hint of disappointment and upset, "No, no, if the map wanted me to go to the coolest kingdom in all of Equestria and tour the palace and see the actual idol that unites an entire species, which would be super amazing, I'm sure it would've said so."

Twilight then turned and looked at Northern Ma. She smiled, "And besides... I'm looking forward to go to Northern Ma - Home of all talented and loyal Imperial Phoenix Kingdom."

"Isn't that the place where Lord Azure Phoenix ruled after Qin Dynasty and even some corrupted kingdoms before?" Applejack asked surprisingly. She scoffed a bit, "I'm taking that you actually wanted to see Azure Phoenix since he's your new mentor."

"Dark Magic Mentor. Yes, Applejack. It is. I'm looking forward to it. That's not the only thing I'm excited about!" Twilight squealed happily and joyfully, "There were lots of wonders at Northern Ma such as Great Walls of Ma, Qin Emperor's Mausoleum, Terracotta Warriors, Ma's Best Dumpling Dishes and Desserts, Bamboo Scrolls, Famous Princess's Silk, Chinese Chess, Chinese Tea and best of all - Full History of All Ma! YEAH! This is something I've always wanted to check out!"

Applejack smirked, "Eeyup... She's excited about it, and especially Azure Phoenix. He did treated you like his daughter."

"Yeah, he sure did. I'm always so curious of why Azure Phoenix treated most of civil and military officers as his family, even though they're not related. I want to know more about this!"

"So... We just go to Griffonstone while you guys go to Ma to solve the friendship problem, right?" Rainbow Dash asked in annoyance.

Twilight Sparkle nodded, "That's right. You two can handle whatever the issue is just fine. Applejack and I will deal with the Northern Ma's friendship problems."

Pinkie smiled, "Well then, come on, Dashie! We're going to Griffonstone!"

Rainbow Dash sighed, "Fine..."

"That's the spirit!" Pinkie exclaimed happily as she and Rainbow Dash headed off at once. She sang happily, "We're going to Griffonstone! We're going to Griffonstone! We're going to Griffonstone!"


During the train's traveling to Griffonstone, Pinkie and Rainbow Dash were sitting down on their bench as they waited until they reached it. Pinkie looked around happily while Rainbow Dash was reading a book.

"Whatcha reading, Rainbow?" Pinkie asked happily.

Rainbow Dash sighed, "Twilight literally wrote a book on what we need to do in Griffonstone."

"You mean like a guide on how to figure out what problem we're supposed to fix?"

"And then some. It's like Twilight herself in book form."

With her mane turned into her combed and gentle mane, Rainbow Dash imitated Twilight Sparkle's voice, "Always carry plenty of bits. The griffons are sure to help you as long as you share the wealth."

As her mane returned to normal, Rainbow Dash spotted Pinkie giving a large potion of thousand coins to the conductor. Pinkie had taken lots of sweets and candies. As the conductor left with his payment, Rainbow Dash turned and glared at Pinkie Pie.

Pinkie Pie gulped innocently, "Uh, can I borrow some bits?"

Rainbow Dash groaned in annoyance. How will she survive with Pinkie Pie messing around?


Twilight spoken in both Rainbow Dash's and Pinkie's head about Griffonstone, "Upon arriving in Griffon Gorge, be sure to pause and cast your eyes northerly, up the Hyperborean Mountains, taking in the breathtaking beauty of Griffonstone."

As the train arrived at Griffonstone's Train Station, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie packed their stuffs and held them on their backs. They turned and looked up as they found Griffonstone is far away from their position. They both set their journey off to the place.

"Once in Griffonstone proper, go immediately to the palace and introduce yourself to the king. 'Bygone Griffons of Greatness' was written a long time ago, and it ends with the coronation of the fourteenth king of the griffons, King Guto. I have no idea who's in charge now. Tell the king you've been sent by the Princess of Friendship, and you're there to help with some sort of problem."

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie walked and climbed up the mountains in reaching to Griffonstone. It's quite a long way to go...

"If for some reason the king can't help, I'd try the Griffonstone library next. It's a little known secret that if you befriend a librarian, you can usually find out anything. Plus, as a bonus, there's a statue of King Grover outside! Photo Op!"

Both Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie had arrived at the bottom part of Griffonstone. They walked and climbed the mountain to the top. And hopefully, they can get there in time...

And don't forget to sample some famous griffon scones. They're supposed to be the best.

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie had finally reached to Griffonstone's entrance. They made it. They marched through it.

"Aw, Twilight should've come along! Then she could see first-hoof that Griffonstone is..." Pinkie commented happily. She stopped as she and Rainbow looked up as they found something shocking about Griffonstone. She remarked, "...a total dump!"

Griffonstone was a completely mess. The cities and houses were in ruined and broken. The tree's branches almost fell off. And for the Griffons, they didn't seem to care about their home or each other. What is going on?

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie walked into city of Griffonstone as they found hard to believe that this was the great and glorious city turned into nothing but a broken and ruined. The city was ruined and a mess. Some branches were nearly broke and destroyed. And so far, not any of Griffons care, think or communicate with each other since they were more concern with their own wealth and welfare than others.

"Ugh. Maybe the map should've called Rarity instead of us." Rainbow commented in shock.

Pinkie bounced around the town as she asked Griffons about Griffonstone, but so far they replied to her was shouting to get lost, moved her aside or passed her by.

"Well, that wasn't very nice." Pinkie commented.

Rainbow Dash huffed at Griffons' behavior, "See? These griffons are exactly like I'd thought they'd be."

Pinkie smiled, "Maybe we should just find the palace so we can ask the king what's going on."

"We don't have a king, losers." The grumpy and rude voice spoke.

Rainbow and Pinkie turned to their back as they found a familiar character that they thought they will never see again...

"Hello, Gilda." Rainbow greeted angrily.

Gilda greeted rudely, "Dash."

"What are you doing here?"

"Uh, I'm a griffon? What's your excuse, dweebs?"

Pinkie jumped in front of Gilda, "Hey! These 'dweebs' are here to help Griffonstone!" Gilda gave her a raised eyebrow. She shrugged, "We're not really sure! But it involves a map and our cutie marks and a problem, and—"

Gilda interrupted, "Bored now!"

Pinkie Pi sighed, "Well if you don't have a king, could you at least tell us where the Idol of Boreas is?"

"Ha-ha! Don't tell me you really believe in that thing." Gilda asked in amusement.

"You'd better believe in it!" The old and grumpy voice exclaimed, "It was the best thing to ever happen to us griffons!"

The trio looked up as they found an old black feathered Griffon with a left-eyed blinded worn a crimson small hat emerged from his stable. He wheezed and coughed heavily. He landed on the ground hard.

Gilda groaned in annoyance, "Oh, great. Now you got Grampa Gruff started!"

"I'll tell you the whole tragic tale..." Grampa Gruff laughed greedily, "...for a couple of bits."

Rainbow Dash sighed in annoyance as she passed two bits to Grampa Gruff. He took bite on the bits in making sure it's real.

"The first griffon king, King Grover, united our kind like we've never been united before or since! And he did it all with that incredible Idol of Boreas." Grampa Gruff explained as he led the trio to Griffonstone Palace., "That idol brought pride to the heart of every griffon that saw it! From one king to the next, Griffonstone had our golden idol. We were the envy of all other species. It held us together – it gave us an identity – right up until the reign of King Guto."

At the Griffonstone Palace, it was complete destroyed, ruined and mess while covered by some weeds and straws since there was no king or anyone lived in the palace since the tragic tale of King Guto's reign.

Grampa Gruff pointed at some picture. First picture shown Arimaspi the half-man and half-goat with one-eyed stolen the Idol of Boreas from the black Royalty Griffon - King Guto after he defeated them. The second picture shown king led his army in chasing after the monster while reclaiming the idol. The third picture shown Arimaspi fell into the abyss, along with the idol. The fourth picture shown King Guto stepping down from his throne.

Grampa Gruff continued, "That's when Arimaspi came to steal our griffon treasure! King Guto tried to fight him off, but Arimaspi managed to get away with the idol! They say when our treasure fell into the Abysmal Abyss, our pride went with it. King Guto was the last king of Griffonstone, and we all lived miserably ever after. The end!"

Pinkie Pie sniffed tearfully, "That was the saddest story ever! No wonder Twilight's book ended with the coronation of King Guto. Who would want to record a history that sad?"

Gilda groaned in anger, "It's not sad! Do we look sad to you?"

Rainbow Dash approached to the Idol of Boreas's resting place. She glanced and analyzed closely at the empty log carefully. She wondered if this was the mission.

Rainbow Dash gasped, "Pinkie, I think I know why the map sent us here. We need to find the Idol of Boreas and bring glory and pride back to Griffonstone!"

"Ha-ha. Here we go – typical pony hero complex." Gilda remarked in annoyance, "None of us care about that dumb old idol. Don't you get it? We don't care about anything, and that's the way we like it!"

"I think Rainbow Dash is right! The map sent us here to fix some sort of problem!" Pinkie said proudly.

"The only problem Griffonstone has is you!" Gilda screamed at Pinkie off.

SWOOP! The arrow struck on the ground hard. Gilda screamed in fear as she dodged the attacks. She and all of her friends looked up as they found some of blue armored wing warriors armed with bows and arrows.

Gilda groaned, "Not them again! Leave me alone!"

Gilda quickly dodged the attacks before she flew straight through the broken windows. Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie were in confuse and concern. Who were they? Why do they want to hunt Gilda?

"What the heck?!" Pinkie asked in shock, "What was that?"

Grampa Gruff groaned in annoyance, "Not this again!" He turned and looked at the blue armored and masked winged warrior landed on the ground. He roared in anger, "You despicable and dishonorable traitor! Why can't you leave my granddaughter alone, Clawdestroyer?"

Clawdestroyer slapped his fists on Grampa Gruff's face to the ground hard, "Be silent! That is not your business to concern for her! She must face the judgment for the Imperial Phoenix Kingdom!"

"Imperial Phoenix Kingdom?!" Rainbow and Pinkie asked in shock and surprise.

"Rainbow Dash? Pinkie Pie?" The voice asked in surprise. Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie turned to their back. They found Blazefist and Laxtinct entered the palace. Blazefist asked, "What are you doing here?"

Rainbow hummed in concern, "We could ask you the same thing. Like why would your general gone berserk in wanting to kill Gilda?"

"Well... Here's the most shocking news," Laxtinct said in concern. He chuckled in concern, "Gilda is the descendant of Noble Guild."

"And why should be I shocked of that?" Rainbow asked dryly.

Blazefist sighed, "Because Noble Guild is the enemy of Imperial Phoenix Kingdom during the Qin Dynasty Era. And not to mention, Clawdestroyer used to work for him." Both ponies were in shock and surprise of what they just heard. He continued, "Believed me. He couldn't stand it in working with his lord since he chose greedy and uncooperative advisors."

Laxtinct nodded, "Clawdestroyer hated his lord."

"Wow... That's gotta hurt," Pinkie Pie said in concern, "Should we help her?"

"Forget it! That's what she gets for being rude to my friends," Rainbow Dash exclaimed in annoyance. She huffed, "Besides, we're gonna find that treasure, make Griffonstone cool again, and get back to Ponyville! Come on!"

"Good to hear." Clawdestroyer said impressively, "I don't want some interlopers come and ruined my revenge on all of Noble Guild's descendants. None will escape from me! I can finally have MY REVENGE!"

Rainbow groaned, "Is this guy seriously like to be drama?"

"Don't ask..." Blazefist said in annoyance, "You could use some help to deal with the problems."

"Sure, why not? Let's go and find that idol!"

Blazefist turned to Clawdestroyer who sighed in annoyance, "You have my permission to do it, Colonel. And be sure that you come back alive. For now, I'm going after that Gilda!"

Blazefist saluted. Clawdestroyer and his troops flew off in finding Gilda. Both him and Rainbow Dash were about to head off but stopped by Pinkie Pie.

"What about Twilight's advice?" Pinkie asked in concern. Rainbow Dash raised her eyebrow at her best friend. Pinkie explained, "She mentioned finding answers at the library."

Rainbow Dash passed the book to Pinkie Pie, "Knock yourself out. But when you get bored with Twilight's tour book, I'll be at the Abysmal Abyss finding the Idol of Boreas."

Rainbow Dash and Blazefist flew off at once as they were on their journey in search of Idol of Boreas. Both Laxtinct and Pinkie sighed in concern and worry.

"What now?" Pinkie Pie asked in concern.

Laxtinct whispered softly to Pinkie, "We should keep an eye on Clawdestroyer. I just hoped that he wouldn't do something stupid."

"Why?"

"As far as I know of Gilda, she's not really bad Griffon. She just want to play cool. And in fact, this one is different from her ancestors."

"I see..." Pinkie gasped, "I know what else we can do! We can stopped Clawdestroyer from killing Gilda and at the same time, we can do some research!"

Laxtinct smiled, "That's not a bad idea. Let's go then."

Pinkie and Laxtinct headed off at once in search of both Clawdestroyer and Gilda as they hoped that the general won't kill the innocent Griffon.


As Rainbow Dash and Blazefist were searching for the Idol, Pinkie and Laxtinct searched for Gilda in hopes that she's safe from Clawdestroyer. They found Gilda trotted across the Griffonstone.

But Pinkie and Laxtinct also found Clawdestroyer and his troops were standing by as they were ready to attack Gilda. They quick jumped in front of Clawdestroyer's units.

"Pinkie Pie! Laxtinct! What the hell are you doing here?!" Clawdestroyer demanded angrily, "Get out of my sights!"

Pinkie squealed in upset, "Aw come on, Claw... You don't have to be so meanie and upset because of Gilda's ancestor. I mean look at her? Does she looked the same as you remembered?"

"Do I even care? As long as she had the blood of Noble Guild, I will have my revenge."

"Why do you hate him so much?"

"Why?! WHY?! I told you fools before, he destroyed everything and everyone I know of! He nearly killed my kin because of some greedy and useless advisors! They were all useless! All of my Griffon kin will be avenged! Gilda must died!"

"Huh?!" Pinkie was in shock and surprise of what she just heard, "You were the Griffon?"

Clawdestroyer removed his helmet as his head was revealed to be a head of eagle with a scar, "What? What do you expect - Santa Hooves?"

"Yeah... Sorry about that. Look why don't I prove to you that Gilda is way different than her ancestors?! If I can't, then you can do what you want!"

"Are you serious? Or is this a deception to lowered my guard down?"

"Nope. It's the truth!"

Clawdestroyer sighed, "Fine... You better don't make me regret..."

Pinkie squealed happily as she and Laxtinct headed off at once. Clawdestroyer sighed in annoyance as he and his troops followed them. They both followed Gilda in heading to town square. They stopped at once. Gilda began preparing and setting her stuffs for the business.

Both Pinkie and Laxtinct whistled happily as they decided to have a chat with her. They prayed that Clawdestroyer don't kill her when they proved to him that she's different Griffon from Noble Guild.

"Hey, Gilda!" Pinkie called. Gilda groaned as she ignored the pink pony. She continued, "Word on the street is that Griffonstone has an amazing library chock-full of answers!"

Gilda groaned as she pointed at her left, "The library's right there, so why don't you go inside and leave me alone?!"

Gilda trotted off as both Pinkie and Laxtinct turned to the left. They both gasped in shock and concern. They found the Library was destroyed and ruined, along with the books since King Guto's Reign...

"Maybe it's good that Twilight didn't come..." Pinkie approached to King Grover's Statue, "It's sad what happened to your town, King, but Rainbow Dash can't be right. This can't all be because of a missing hunk of gold."

Pinkie imitated King Grover, "You are right, Pinkie! And you've got amazing hair!"

Pinkie smiled, "Aw, King Grover, you old charmer!"

"Ah... Pinkie, shouldn't we focus on proving that Gilda is a different Griffon from her ancestor?" Laxtinct reminded.

"Oh yeah! Let's go now! And hopefully, we can think of something to help her."

Pinkie and Laxtinct approached to Gilda. And before they could say anything, Pinkie Pie spotted some Griffons were passing each other by as they refused to communicate, apologizing when they knocked on each other or even care.

Pinkie gasped in surprise, "I know what Griffonstone needs!" Both Laxtinct and Gilda turned and looked at her.She smiled, "A song! I've got a super song about smiling that sure to make even the most grumpy griffon grin!"

As Pinkie inhaled, Gilda placed her claw on the former's mouth as she explained, "Can't sing here!

Gilda pointed at the signboard which shown a 'No Singing' Sign.

"But how do you break into uplifting musical numbers with no singing?"

"Yeah, that's Griffonstone's biggest problem – lack of uplifting musical numbers.

"Well if I can't sing, how about a party? If there's one thing these griffons need, it's a good cheer! Where's your party store?"

Gilda remained silent while glaring at Pinkie Pie.

"No party store? Uh, how about cake? Nothing cheers folks up like cake! Where's a bakery?"

Gilda rolled her eyes as she wondered when Pinkie Pie gonna learned that Griffons hated loud and cute stuffs at Griffonstone.

Pinkie screamed in anger as she grabbed Gilda's neck and shaken her hard, "No singing, no parties, no bakery?! What is this place?!"

"You're welcome to leave-" Gilda yelled angrily at Pinkie Pie off to the walls hard, "-at any time!

Pinkie got slammed straight to the walls hard. She emerged and landed on the ground. OUCH!

"Well, that just takes the cake." Laxtinct remarked in shock, "Wait, no! It can't take the cake 'cause there is no cake! Or muffins! Or griffon scones!"

"Oh, we got griffon scones. That's my specialty." Gilda commented proudly.

Laxtinct and Pinkie gasped as they took their bits out, "I'll buy one!"

Both random ponies passed the bits to Gilda. She then passed two griffon scones into their mouths hard. They both chewed on it like they ate any food but unfortunately, these were too hard to eat...

"Well, you like it?" Gilda asked curiously before scoffed, "That's my Grampa Gruff's secret recipe."

After they chewed their scones, they moaned painfully as they felt their teeth pain. They never thought that scones could be very hard to chew.

"Well, whatever. No refunds." Gilda said in annoyance while looked around at her own home, "I don't even care anyway. I just want to sell enough of these so that I can leave this lousy town. And not to mention, getting away from that crazy Imperial Phoenix Griffon General! He's nutcase to think that I'm a descendant to this Noble Guild. I don't even know him!"

"I can help you with that!" Pinkie volunteered happily.

"You can?" Laxtinct asked in surprise.

Pinkie smiled while squealed happily. Gilda sighed in annoyance as she reluctantly agreed to let Pinki and Laxtinct to help her in baking some griffon scones. Clawdestroyer watched the event as he sighed in annoyance. It's gonna be impossible...


Blazefist and Rainbow Dash had arrived at Abysmal Abyss. They were packed with ropes, helmets and grappling hooks and greenish helmet. But they were not alone as they had a Griffon Guide to help them as well.

Feeling her helmet loosened, Rainbow Dash turned to Griffon Guide, "Uh, you think you could tighten the strap on my helmet?"

Griffon Guide smirked, "Can you give me more bits?"

"Never mind. I got this." Blazefist sighed in annoyance as he helped Rainbow Dash tightened Rainbow's helmet. He muttered, "Greedy Bastard... I forgot how much I hate them since 'Battle of Great Fort'. Glad that Clawdestroyer and the remains of Griffon sided with us..."

Rainbow Dash approached and looked down the abyss. She gulped, "So how deep is this abyss?"

"How deep are your pockets?" Griffon Storekeeper asked greedily.

"Don't you griffons ever talk about anything but bits?"

"Gimme some bits and I'll answer."

"No wonder Gilda's such a delight." Rainbow Dash remarked in annoyance. She turned to Blazefist, "I can see why you keep telling me not to bring the guide here. How did you know?"

Blazefist shrugged, "Clawdestroyer told me about this. He is the griffon. He hated here a lot. Let's focus on the mission."


After minutes in baking the Griffon Scones, Clawdestroyer and his minions watched and looked carefully at the event as they were getting annoying and impatient than before. Pinkie and Laxtinct took a bite on them. They hummed happily yet enjoyable as they chewed on them. They turned to moody Gilda.

"Grampa Gruff's recipe is good," Pinkie complimented, "but it's missing one important ingredient."

"Don't tell me. "Friendship"?" Gilda asked in annoyance.

"Uh, no. Baking powder." Pinkie insisted as she took the baking powder out. She smiled as she poured it on scones. She then passed the tray into the oven, "Lucky for you, I never leave home without it! Now just pop those in the oven, and you'll have griffon scones worth their weight in gold!"

As the oven heating the scones up, the green feathered Griffon with dark green scarf stopped her flying. She sniffed carefully of what scent she just smelt. Before she could do anything, another griffon knocked her hard. She fell to the ground hard.

Gilda gasped, "Greta!"

As Gilda helped Greta up, the latter waved her claw away from the former. Greta took off the air. Everyone was in shock and surprise of what they just saw. Gilda helped her griffon kin?

"Aha! I saw that, Gilda!" Pinkie exclaimed happily, "You may act like a gruff, grumbling griffon, but inside you're gracious and great!"

"What are you talking about?"

"Isn't that obvious? You just helped your friend up when she got knocked down." Laxtinct answered.

"What, her?" Gilda asked in annoyance, "Greta's just some griffon I know. We don't have friends here!" She sighed in defeat and shame, "I did have a friend once, but you saw how that turned out."

"Ouch..." Laxtinct said in shock, "I guess the Griffons are too proud that they really need a friend. Unless we have something nice for them to understand and like, everything will be the big mess forever..."

Pinkie hummed for the moment as she think carefully of what Laxtinct had said. She gasped, "Oh, my gosh, I gotta go find Rainbow Dash and Blazefist! Can you look after Gilda?"

Laxtinct shrugged, "Sure?"

Pinkie headed off at once. Laxtinct turned to the confused Gilda. He shrugged. She shrugged back. Both Laxtinct and Gilda turned and looked at the oven. They waited for the scones be baked and ready for them to eat.


At the Abysmal Abyss, Rainbow Dash and Blazefist looked down at the abyss while the guide stood idly by while watching the event.

Rainbow Dash turned to Blazefist, "You sure we can't just fly down?"

Blazefist shook his head, "No! I don't think it's a good idea! The wind is blowing too hard at us! If we fly now, we'll blown away."

Blazefist tied the ropes to the rock as he and Rainbow Dash climbed all the way down the abyss's deep. As they continued climbing down in using the rope, it got caught on the mountain's edge. It got cut!

Both Pegasi screamed in fear. They tried to flap their wings but instead got blown away and straight to the walls hard. They landed on the small rocked platform hard. They both moaned and groaned painfully as their back hooves got injured and wounded.

"You okay, Dash?" Blazefist asked in concern.

Rainbow Dash nodded as she looked up, "Help! Throw us another rope!"

"You got bits?" Griffon Guide asked.

Rainbow Dash shook her head. She turned to Blazefist who also shook his head. As Griffon Guide saw it, he shrugged bluntly. Instead of helping, he left them!?!

Blazefist gasped in shock before groaned in anger, "Greedy Bastard!"

"Heeeeeelp...!" Rainbow Dash screamed in fear and worry.

But no one came...

Both Rainbow Dash and Blazefist helped each other in treating their wounded legs. Rainbow Dash tried to fly up but instead blown away straight back to the walls. She was about to fall but grabbed by him. Feeling hopeless, Rainbow Dash yelled frustratingly.

"There you are!" A familiar voice called. Both Rainbow Dash and Blazefist looked up. They found Pinkie Pie standing on the edge. She cried, "Forget about finding the idol! I figured out how to solve Griffonstone's real problem – scones!"

Pinkie was about to turn, Rainbow Dash quickly called, "Pinkie Pie! Can you throw down a rope or something?"

"Lemme look!" Pinkie turned back in search of the rope for the moment. She returned as she held the ropes high, "One rope coming up!"

Rainbow Dash and Blazefist held their hooves high in ready to get it but instead, the rope thrown down instead. They both looked up and glared at Pinkie.

"We need help." Pinkie said in concern. She called, "Don't go anywhere!"

Blazefist groaned, "We're doomed."

"No, we're not. Where does she think I'm gonna go?" Rainbow Dash asked in annoyance. Suddenly, the platform rocked and crumbled to pieces forcing both her and Blazefist to move back. She yelped in fear, "I hope we don't go anywhere!"

"She'd better hurry!" Blazefist exclaimed in concern.

All Rainbow Dash and Blazefist could do now was wait and prayed that they're safe from harm...


At the Griffonstone Square, Gilda used her gloves in taking the tray out. The Griffon Scones was ready as they were sizzling and smelt great. She and Laxtinct took a bite on it. They both smiled happily. It was better than her grandfather's original recipe.

Clawdestroyer saw everything but he wasn't convinced as he continued looking at the event. He spotted Pinkie Pie panicking approached both of her friends.

"Rainbow Dash is stuck on a ledge in the Abysmal Abyss," Pinkie exclaimed in concern, "and I need your help to save her!"

Laxtinct gasped in fear and worry. Gilda huffed in annoyance as she looked away from Pinkie Pie.

"Not my problem."

Laxtinct gasped, "Of course it's your problem! She's your friend!"

"Used to be." Gilda corrected.

Pinkie looked concern as she knew Gilda was still worried about her friend. She asked, "Can't you remember when she was?"

Gilda looked concern as she sighed. She recalled of how she met Rainbow Dash.

When she was a cub, she moved to Junior Speedster to learn how to fly. But unfortunately, not everypony cared or willing to befriend since she was a Griffon and different from them. Rainbow Dash came to her as the Pegasus befriended with her. They both became a fast friends as they flew around the area while laughing happily and wildly. They've been friends for very long time.

Recalling the memories had make her cry, Gilda wiped her tears off as she turned to her pony friends, "Fine. I'll help her. But that doesn't make me her friend."

"Duly noted!" Pinkie and Laxtinct saluted. As soon as Gilda, they turned to the front and looking at something? they both smiled, "Except it does!"

Both Pinkie and Laxtinct headed off in leading Gilda to the Abysmal Abyss. Clawdestroyer saw the event as he refused to believe that she was different from her ancestor. His Griffon Guards looked at him as they waited for his order.

"Follow them..." Clawdestroyer ordered firmly.


At Abysmal Abyss, Blazefist and Rainbow Dash struggled in keeping each other safe and avoided from falling as the rocked platform slowly crumbled. Is this the end for them?

"Hang on, loser!" A familiar voice called. Both Rainbow Dash and Blazefist looked up. They found Gilda, Pinkie Pie and Laxtinct were on the edge. She called, "I'm coming!"

Rainbow Dash smirked, "What took you so long, doofus?!"

As Gilda dived down, but she got blown by the strong wind. She quickly clawed on the mountain's wall. She then climbed down in reaching her friends.

With the platform crumbled, both Rainbow Dash and Blazefist fell into the pit. Both Pinkie and Laxtinct gasped in shock. Without having second thoughts, they both grabbed the ropes and tied themselves. They jumped and dived down at once. Seeing what random ponies, Gilda got dragged down.

Though Pinkie and Laxtinct caught both Rainbow Dash and Blazefist, everyone screamed in fear and worry as they continued falling down. They all landed on the rocked bridge. Gilda managed to grabbed it in time but her friends got hang down. They all held tightly on the rope but at the same time, they struggled. Pinkie was holding Rainbow Dash from falling while Laxtinct held Blazefist from falling while grasped on the edge's hard.

"Hold on!" Gilda grunted painfully as she struggled in getting over the top of edge. She stopped as she saw a giant skull with horns and one empty eye. She realized of what it was. Being glared by the golden light, she turned and found a familiar item, "The Idol of Boreas!"

As Gilda struggled in getting the Idol of Boreas, the idol moved and about to fall. But its leg caught on the platform's edge, but it will fall. She struggled in reaching it but her four friends screamed in fear as they were all about to fall into the pit. She realized that she had to choose or she will lost what is important to her. The Idol or friends? What should she do now?!

As four friends struggled in getting up, Gilda quickly pulled the ropes up in bringing both Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie up. They then helped Laxtinct and Blazefist up at once. Before they could do anything, the platform's edge crumbled as Idol of Boreas fell into the abyss.

"The idol!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed in concern.

Gilda shook her head in denial, "You're more important to me than some dumb chunk of gold."

Gilda, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie hugged passionately and happily. Both Blazefist and Laxtinct smiled happily as they saw what Gilda did.

"Well, what do you know?" Blazefist smiled.

Laxtinct smiled, "Friendship till the end..."

Suddenly, the broken bridge's platform crumbled, everyone screeched in fear. No time to lose!

Pinkie yelped in fear as she quickly wrapped the ropes around her friends and tighten it. She exclaimed in shock, "Hugging later, climbing now!"

With everyone tightened their ropes on their waists, they climbed up the mountain rocks to the walls. Clawdestroyer and his troops saw what happen.

Clawdestroyer said in surprise and amusement, "To think that the descendant of Noble Guild had the heart of saving her friends. Perhaps.... She's different than that I remember. It's good thing that Pinkie told me to spare her..."

Clawdestroyer smirked as he and his troops flew off and followed after Gilda and her friends...


As Rainbow Dash and her friends returned to Griffonstone, they had the chats with each other about their regretful pasts and deeds. They were heading straight to Gilda's wagon.

Gilda sighed, "I'm really sorry about how I treated you two."

"Thanks, Gilda." Rainbow Dash smiled.

Pinkie nodded, "Apology accepted."

"And I'm just sorry we didn't get your idol back. Now we'll never be able to solve Griffonstone's problem."

"That's what I was trying to tell you! The map didn't send us here to find the lost Idol of Boreas. It sent us here to replace it with something better!"

Gilda shook her head in denial, "Nothing's better than gold to a griffon."

"That's because you don't have friendship!" Pinkie exclaimed proudly, "If you can learn to care about each other again, Griffonstone could be a mightier kingdom than it ever was before! And you don't need some golden idol to do that. You just need each other."

"Really?" Laxtinct asked in shock and surprise, "So, friendship is better than the gold? Seriously?"

"That was..." Rainbow Dash said in surprise before moaned in annoyance, "really sappy."

"Eh, what can I say? That's how I roll." Pinkie shrugged as she took the tray of Griffon Scones to Gilda. She then pushed the Griffon off. She called, "Go on, Gilda! Go make a friend!"

Gilda approached to Greta as she tried to ask the latter to try her Griffon Scones. But Greta shook her head in denial but Gilda begged her to try. Greta sighed as she tried the Griffon Scones.

"I don't know, Pinkie." Blazefist said in concern, "You really think these griffons are up for this? Clawdestroyer told me that they're too stubborn and proud to have friends. We aren't exactly in Ponyville, you know."

Gilda flew towards her friends as she explained happily, "Okay, so she was really weirded out until I gave her the scone. Then she tried it and said it tasted good! That's the first nice thing anygriffon's ever said to me!"

The Ponies smiled proudly and happily to hear what Gilda had said. And before they could say anything, Rainbow's and Pinkie's Cutie Mark glowed brightly. Everyone gasped in shock and surprise.

"Whoa, Pinkie." Rainbow Dash said in amazement, "I guess that really was the problem we needed to solve."

Pinkie squealed happily as she held the baking powder up, "Baking powder makes baked goods and friendships fluffy and delicious!"

"Well, we'd better be heading home." Rainbow Dash said happily.

Blazefist nodded, "Mission accomplished."

"What?" Gilda exclaimed in shock. "Y-Y-You want me to spread friendship here by myself?! How am I supposed to do that?! I haven't even made one single friend yet!"

"No, you haven't." Rainbow Dash agreed. Gilda looked down in upset. She smiled as she cleared her throat, "You've made four."

"Make that five," The firm voice called. Everyone turned as they found Clawdestroyer approached to Rainbow and her friends. Gilda gulped in concern. He smiled, "Try to stay out of troubles, Gilda. Don't make me hunt you again."

Gilda smiled in relief to see the general of her former ancestor stopped the hunting.

Both Pinkie and Laxtinct cried and sobbed with tears of joy, "Hugging! Hugging now!"

Everyone hugged each other passionately and happily. They have become friends. Griffon and Ponies are one especially Rainbow Dash and Gilda. Everyone departed as they looked at each other for the moment.

"But you'll come back and visit, right?" Gilda asked.

Rainbow Dash smirked teasingly, "Just try and stop us!"

Gilda smiled as she waved her goodbye to her childhood friend. She departed as she had a lunch with Greta. Rainbow Dash and her friends headed straight to the Griffonstone's Entrance.

Pinkie took a glance at King Grover's Statue. It gave a blinked and sparkled.

Pinkie smiled, "See ya later, you old charmer."

"Uh, Pinkie? Who are you talking to?" Rainbow Dash asked in concern.

"Nothing!" Pinkie answered quickly, "Come on, let's go home and see how Gummy did with Granny Pie's marjolaine recipe!"

Clawdestroyer cleared his throat, "Pinkie... I want to say thank you. Thank you for stopping me from killing the last descendant of Noble Guild. She's truly different from what I had expected."

"Aw... Not a problem..." Pinkie smiled happily.

END...

Review and Suggest...

Main Casts
Ashleigh Ball: Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Griffon Guide
Adrian Libman: Pinkie Pie
Maryke Hendrikse: Gilda
David Faustino: Blazefist
P.J Bryce: Laxtinct

Minor Casts
Tara Strong: Twilight Sparkle
Richard Ian Cox: Grampa Gruff
Eric Bauza: Clawdestroyer

Author's Note:

Continued with Episode 8.5: The Princess and The Emperor. It is still linked together with this episode.