• Published 21st Jul 2016
  • 710 Views, 6 Comments

Twilight's First Foals -- Episode II - The Foal of The Origin - One Universe One story



Twilight found she was the Origin of all magic in Equestria. And in doing so found out she was the technical mother of a foal created by magic. How will she care for this foal and how will Twilight's life continue to change?

  • ...
4
 6
 710

Chapter Five - Introductions

“Hey, Big Macintosh!” Granny Smith yelled.

Big Mac then took about three steps and poked his head out the front door of their house. “Eeyup?” he asked.

“Oh, there ya’ are,” Granny Smith started. “This here colt was a’lookin’ fer ya’. Somthin’ 'bout helpin’ ya’ out with the apple trees in the south fields,” Granny Smith finished.

“Really?” Big Mac replied as he looked at Contact.

“Yes, sir. I may be small, but I kick almost like you,” he said.

“Hmm… follow me,” Big Mac said before exiting the house and walking Southward. Contact followed close behind. They arrived at the south fields not twenty minutes later.

“Alright, now that we’re far enough away,” Contact said before his form changed to Control's. “Peek-a-boo!” she said as Big Mac turned to face her.

“Ahh! Changeling!” Big Mac yelled before darting off to his house to tell Granny Smith what he seen.

“So the avalanche starts,” Control said before she flew away.

When Big Mac arrived back home, he found Twilight, Applejack, and Granny Smith talking with Contact.

“So you're callin’ Granny Smith a liar?!!” Applejack said as she stomped her hoof.

“Git away from him, he’s a Changeling!” Big Mac yelled after he got near the four.

“That would explain why Granny Smith saw him earlier,” Twilight said.

“I still say he’s a Changeling!” Big Mac said as he stomped a hoof.

“If I may,” Contact started, “I know a way to resolve this conflict in an almost nonviolent manner.”

“What is it?” Big Mac asked.

“Twilight zaps me with a spell that would usually knock out a Changeling but leave a normal pony unharmed,” Contact suggested.

“Fine, we agree,” Applejack said after looking at her family.

“Contact-”

“Just do it, Twilight,” Contact said before Twilight zapped him with a lightning spell which, to everypony except Twilight and Contact’s surprise, left Contact unharmed.

“Alright, now I’ve seen you use that spell before, Twilight, and I know it would have hurt even a normal pony. Why didn’t he get hurt?” Applejack wondered with an accusing tone.

“I trust these three, do you, Contact?” Twilight asked as she looked at Contact.

“Applejack is the living embodiment of the Element of Honesty, Big Mac isn’t known for falsifying what he has seen or heard, and Granny Smith is trusted by everypony she knows,” Contact said as he held a hoof to his chin. “I trust them.”

“Contact is, well… it’s better if we show you,” Twilight said before helping Contact take his vest off.

“He’s… an… alicorn?!!” the three said almost synchronously.

“To be more specific: I am a creature referred to as a 'Metamagica’,” he said as he stomped his right forehoof against the ground and again brought forth his stone chest.

He pulled out everything inside of the chest out with the exception of his bodysuit. Then he put on all the rings, the collar, and the helm. He began slowly cycling through his different forms, with the exception of his night and merpony forms.

After he cycled through every form available during the day, he returned to his normal day form. “What do you think of his power?” Twilight asked only to receive an answer she expected.

“I say he’s still a Changeling, only you’re protectin’ him with you’re fancy magic!” Granny Smith said almost in a yell.

“Eeyup,” Big Mac agreed.

“Twi, I honestly think…,” Applejack started, “… … … …you’re telling th’ truth.”

Big Mac and Granny Smith gasped at what Applejack said. “You dare go against your kin folk in matter that don't really concern you?!?” Granny Smith questioned accusingly.

“Yes, I do,” Applejack started. “Because as the living embodiment of the Element of Honesty, I can tell when they’re lyin’ to me, and they ain't lyin’!”

“Applejack!” Granny Smith yelled.

“Granny Smith!” Applejack yelled back.

“Quiet!” Big Mac yelled causing the birds in the entire farm to flee. “Twi?”

“Thank you, Big Mac,” Twilight started. “Contact was made many eons ago by six Djinns to stop the future that we live in from existing. Since then, he has fought them every few eons and four of them have turned from doing evil to doing good. Later; within eleven months, two weeks, and one day; he will fight the remaining two.”

“Hume-pokey! Ain’t no such thing as a Djinn, less yur talkin’ ‘bout ginger!” Granny Smith said.

“Humans were real, Granny Smith,” Twilight said.

“Yeah, and I'm Princess Celestia!”

“Granny Smith, sit on it!” Applejack said.

After that was said, Granny Smith went inside the house was not to be heard from for a while.

“Are you beginning to understand, Big Mac?” Applejack asked her brother.

“Eeyup.”

“Good, now we have to be going. We still have to explain me to two more of the Elements of Harmony,” Contact said before he and Twilight began to leave Sweet Apple Acres.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Gasp “-Is that the Metamagica!??” Fluttershy said after seeing Contact enter her house. “Come here and let me look at you! Um, that is, if you want to.”

“I don't mind, Miss Fluttershy,” Contact replied as he came closer to Fluttershy.

“Oh, you’re such a handsome creature,” Fluttershy said as she examined Contact. “Will you take off your vest for me so I can see your wings?” she asked.

Contact did as asked, and before long, Fluttershy had more to say.

“Is it true you never feel hungry?”

“Yes.”

“And you can’t perform magic or fly?”

“Also true.”

“Can you change form?”

“Would you like a demonstration?”

“Oh, would I!”

“Here we go again!” Twilight commented.

Contact, again, cycled through every form available in the day. After this, Contact’s stomach rumbled.

“What was that?” Contact wondered aloud.

“That was you stomach rumbling,” Fluttershy said after a short laugh. “It means you're hungry,” she said before running to her kitchen.

“I've never been hungry before,” Contact told Twilight.

“Consider it a first of many times to come,” Twilight replied.

“Here, eat this salad. Um, that is, if you want to,” Fluttershy said as she entered her living room carrying a bowl of salad and Angel on her back.

“I will,” Contact said as Fluttershy set the salad in front of him.

“You do know how to eat properly, right contact?” Twilight asked.

“I know how everypony in Equestria eats, but I have no idea what way is proper.”

“Eat like Princess Celestia eats,” Twilight said gaining a ‘seriously’ look from Fluttershy. “Oh, that’s right, no magic.”

“Just try eating like I do, Contact. Um, that is, if you want to,” Fluttershy said before Contact did as asked.

He pulled the fork out of the salad and took a bite of it. When he did a shimmer of magic energy ran across his body and voices echoed around them:

“He will now become fatigued, require food and sleep, and have emotions, as to set his own morals, like a normal pony. So says Prysme of The First Era,” the first echoed.

“And he will no longer require the magic of the Origin to stay alive. So says Chia of The First Era,” the second echoed.

“He will also age like, and live as long as, immortal alicorns from now onward. So says Prysme of The Second Era,” the third echoed.

“And lastly, he will now be able to fly and walk on clouds. So says Chia of The Second Era,” the fourth echoed.

“Where are you, show yourselves!” Twilight yelled.

“They no longer have a physical form, Twilight,” Contact said. “They all died physically eons ago, but they live on through the amount of power that they had remaining when they died.”

“Oh, my,” Fluttershy said in a sad tone.

“Yes, sad isn’t it? I’ve far exceeded the lifespan of four of my creators.”

“No, I feel sorry you lost them,” Fluttershy said as she placed a hoof on Contact’s shoulder.

“At the time I did not have any emotions or personal morals. I did not know what the loss of life truly meant,” he said as a tear came to his eye. “But now… I think I understand,” he said before bursting into tears.

“There, there. You don’t need to worry, just let out all those years of held up tears,” Fluttershy said as she gently pat Contact on the back.

Contact continued crying for a solid ten minutes. After that, Twilight made a comment.

“Great, I’ve got a crier for a son,” Twilight said.

“Twilight, you should be over here comforting him. Instead you complain that he has been given tremendous gifts by his creators,” Fluttershy said in a more stern tone than her usual nice tone.

“I’m sorry, it’s just, I’m not used to seeing somepony cry this long.”

“Just wait until Tank has to hibernate for the winter, then you’ll see something close to this come from Rainbow Dash,” Fluttershy said as she put a blanket over Contact’s back.

“How do you know? Rainbow Dash doesn’t cry, even when she’s in pain.”

“That’s physical pain, not the pain of a friend leaving you.”

Sniffle “-I feel-” sniffle “- much better now,” Contact said before blowing his nose into a tissue that Fluttershy gave him.

“There, you’ve had your little cry-fest and now we really must be going so I can tell Rainbow Dash about you,” Twilight said.

“Twilight, you shouldn’t call it a cry-fest. He’s never cried before. I would consider that to have made up for millenia of tearless sadness,” Fluttershy said slightly agitatedly.

“I just didn’t know what else to call a long period of time where the only thing you do is cry.”

“Um, you can call it the grieving period, considering he lost four parents over the course of his life.”

“Toushé, Fluttershy,” Twilight remarked as she walked over to Contact and put her wing around him. “Come, let's go see Rainbow Dash. And if you're good, we’ll stop by Sugar Cube Corner and visit Pinkie for a while.”

“Okay, Twilight,” Contact said as he wiped the tears from his eyes and getting up to exit the house.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

“Cool! He can do all that and he can turn into an Ali-mech Mark 3 v0.15.4!” Rainbow Dash said as she jumped up and hovered for a second.

“How did you know his Mech form's information?” Twilight wondered aloud.

“I'm a reservist mechanic, it's my job to know military machines,” Rainbow Dash said as she slowly walked around Mecha Machina. “You know, his model is only in testing phase?”

“Wait, I thought you were in infantry?”

“I am, but ya gotta start somewhere.”

“I will now be returning to: form designation: ‘Solair’,” Contact said before reverting back to his day form. “My Mech form updates automatically to the latest version and build of the Ali-mech series when it reaches testing phase,” Contact said when he fully reverted to day form.

“So… awesome!” was all Rainbow Dash could say.

“Okay, now that we know you approve of his awesomeness, can we please wrap this up?” Twilight asked slightly agitatedly.

“Fine, but on one condition!” Rainbow Dash said.

“What is it?” Contact asked in curiosity.

“Do it one more time, please?” Rainbow Dash asked as she looked at Contact with a 'puppy dog's face.

“Yes, Miss Dash,” Contact said before he changed into his Mech form. “Luka, I am your father!” He said in a melodramatic manner.

“So… awesome!” Rainbow Dash said.

“Okay, Darth Vaser, let’s go home,” Twilight said as she prepared to jump off Rainbow Dash’s landing pad at the front of her house.

“But you said if I was good we'd stop by Sugar Cube Corner on the way home!” Contact said after returning to his Day form and running to the landing pad.

“So I did. Well, can’t say I'm not a mare of my word. Let's go see if Pinkie’s home,” Twilight said before taking flight.

“Yay!” Contact said in excite as he too took flight.