• Published 29th Jun 2016
  • 5,205 Views, 103 Comments

Equestria's flame - Lon35hadow



Woman is sent to Equestria with the powers of a post RWBY Volume 3 Cinder. But things aren't what you'd expect there.

  • ...
25
 103
 5,205

The next day

I never thought torture would be useful. Oh well. Anyways, it's been a day since Blueblood, ahem, was found dead and hung above his own bed with some deep cuts on his wrists. Suspicious? Yes. Did any one care? Enough for some to rejoice at it.

Now, you're probably wondering why Luna helped me out. Well, it's because- and this is how I understand it- alicorns have an innate bloodlust, sorta like a vampire, but the blood has to be from someone not related by blood. Luna had been okay for a thousand years because the spell that sealed her on the moon essentially froze her body, stopping the body from functioning. Think cryogenic slumber. The odd thing is that she said Celestia told her she had gone five hundred years without. Now, according to Luna, this is impossible for one of two reasons. The first being that, after a while, the smallest hint of blood in the air will send an alicorn into a frenzy, maybe a week without any, like a shark in the water. The second is that blood, for alicorns, is an essential food, and it has to be in the diet for them to live.

Anyways, RWBY, myself, and the rest of team CRME were in Ponyville. Using funds from Celestia and Luna-along with some help from the Ponyville branch of the Shadow Guard- we had rented out the entire top floor of a hotel, mainly as a precaution if others showed up as characters from RWBY. We each had our own room, and Ruby, as was the usual when she was Lilly, stayed inside while everyone else was out and about.

I, personally, was at Golden Oaks to see if I could find any mention of alicorn bloodlust in history, just to see what it could be connected to. Apparently, the Shadow Guard was aware of this as Spike just so happened to mention a legends section after I brought up the topic of alicorn legends after Twilight said everything on alicorns was public. Sweetie, I hate to ruin your world view, but even if Celestia is a benign ruler, she's still a politician, and politicians lie. Still, long as it doesn't fuck my life over, I guess I can live with it.

"So, Cinder," Spike asked, "I haven't really had the chance to ask, but are those Hunters and Huntresses I heard Ruby talking about your world's equivalent of super heroes, only, you know, real?"

"Those that don't go rogue, yes," I replied. "Those that do go rogue would be considered super villains, in a sense."

"That's cool," the dragon said. "Wish we had more than just Twilight and her friends here. Excluding you guys from that count, of course. I mean, don't get me wrong, they've done good so far, but what about if it's something they can't handle." And if the Shadow Guard couldn't get there in time, was the unspoken part of that sentence.

"Well, there may be more coming soon," I said. "Something Discord said about it before he fled. i know I shouldn't trust him but still."

"Yeah, I got that feeling too," Spike said as he went to the kitchen to grab a snack. After about a minute of silence, he walked back in with a bowl of chips in one hand and a drink in the other. "Want some?"

"Nah, not hungry," I replied. "Thanks though."

"No problem," Spike said as he sat down.

"That's interesting," I commented after ten seconds.

"What?"

"I'm reading an old history book that an someone who will go unnamed gave me this morning. Its says a thousand years ago in the north, there was a city made out of crystal, but when a tyrant took it over and the alicorns defeated him, it vanished," I said. "Now, I also read the official history book Celestia and Twilight gave me, and it makes no mention of said Crystal city. So, what does that mean?"

"Either it's an old legend, or it actually existed and was covered up for some reason," Spike said, "which would bring in the question of why it was covered up."

"Bingo," I said. "Trust me, Spike, where I come from, all politicians are liars and many- myself included- don't really trust them, and to me, princesses are trust politicians. Now, given the name of this city was called the Crystal Empire," I said, putting emphasis on "empire".

"It stands to reason it was a military city, and given how peaceful Equestria is and how terrible the guard are, if they wished to declare war, they would steam role Equestria, even if the Shadow Guard became public."

"So Celestia chooses to deny it for the most part so that the illusion of peace can be upheld, then," I finished, smiling. "I can see why you're in the guard at your age, Spike."

"Heh, thanks," he said. "So, should I tell Lone about it?"

"If you want," I said, shrugging. "Something tells me Celestia shouldn't know." This made him chuckle.

"Trust me, something like this is something Lone would hide from her," the dragon explained. "He has an inherent distrust of everyone, and will always have some shred of doubt to their loyalty. Something about his past, I guess."

"I'l bet," I said before looking at the clock in the room. "Well, guess I'll talk with you later Spike. Emerald, Yang, Blake, and I are going to have some fun while we can. I'd invite you, but I don't want to risk Yang trying anything while drunk." With that, I closed the book in my hands and got up.

"Copy that," Spike said. "See ya later, Cinder."

"See ya," I said as I left the library.