• Published 19th Jun 2016
  • 2,071 Views, 74 Comments

Missing Pages & Scrawled Footnotes - Ice Star



Iceverse minifics. Little bits of world building, style experiments, character pieces, and such dumped in this anthology. Also, stuff I never finished and poems.

  • ...
4
 74
 2,071

PreviousChapters Next
Untitled #5 [Scrapped] [Unfinished] [Rarity/Twilight]

Author's Note:

Another scrapped project from my google drive. This story was intended to explore Twilight Sparkle's love life, attempts at relationships, and bisexuality It was planned to be a multichapter story. Here are my notes on it and what was written.

  • Rarity/Twilight
  • Drama but also Fluff(?)
  • Multichapter or not? Could it just be a longshot with interludes?
  • All her loves: Celestia, Moondancer, Starswirl, Luna, Flash, and Rarity.

If multi-chapter possible side stories would be:

  • Moondancer POV story
  • Relationship & Rejections chat with Cady (similar to/directly parallel to LoveLess)

Twilight Sparkle had always wanted love to be logical, and much to her horror it was. Unfortunately, her view of what was logical was so deeply, inseparably intertwined with the concept of organization. It was stuck in her mind as deeply as any instinct and less easily cut apart than a heart severed by chambers.

She would not have recognized this blunder, not even if Twilight Sparkle lived outside of herself. Her view of attractions was based on calculations and as romantic as pursuing the bibliography of sociology books on the matter, minus any shred of fascination. The concept of identity to her was scientific to the point of being despicable in that sole nature, with any concept of tongue-in-cheek experimentation being replaced by the literal.

Nopony had ever told Twilight Sparkle that she was the Tin Mare of romance because she could at least make her goal of a respectable house, spouse, and two-point however many foals fit within the context of normal conversation. The statistic itself was more of a sense of achievement to her than how she ended up bringing those many wonderful things into her life. It was the esteem she expressed towards that statistic and the favor she always had towards the neutral, rather lukewarm term spouse that had pushed her towards realizing her own bisexuality.

To Twilight, that was sensible: to deduce that from her tendency to exclude no gender, she likely favored both. The fact attractions, orientations, and much of what went into a romance could be so neatly quantified always had her heart aflutter. Only the actual, essential romantic love of romance itself ever eluded her. There was no surprise to be found in that; during her years of trials and error, including trying to make sense of all Cadance’s talks on the subject, Twilight Sparkle had come to believe that love wasn’t supposed to make sense. She wouldn’t have a way to explain it until she moved to Ponyville; that love was like the Pinkie Sense and would only be understood if it was treated as impossible to understand.

Twilight Sparkle had fallen in love enough times to know the hopeless juggle of feelings that could become romance. Her relationship with Cadance made her feel like quite the secondhoof expert on the matter too. And why shouldn’t it? Who was to say that being the student of Princess Celestia didn’t contribute to such a fundamental understanding of pony life?

Unfortunately for Twilight Sparkle, love did make sense — and she had yet to learn this.



Chapter 1: (Starswirl)
...

Twilight Sparkle’s first love came from a book, as was to be expected.

PreviousChapters Next