• Published 24th Jun 2016
  • 3,518 Views, 231 Comments

Happily Loopy After - FaelaArts



Sweetie Belle is stuck in a time loop. Or so she thought...

  • ...
10
 231
 3,518

L1&2After

Author's Note:

Loop 1&2

As Sweetie Belle began to drift into consciousness, her emerald eyes opened, and a curious sight was the first to greet her. Sitting up, she rubbed a white hoof over her eye, glancing to the window. There sat Opalescent, staring out it with a strangely intelligent expression. There was no anger, nor annoyance, which were what Sweetie normally saw.

Curiosity drove her to rise, and slowly approach the cat, looking outside and seeing nothing of interest. Ponies were already up and about, preparing for a fun-filled weekend with their friends. Or, at least, that’s what Sweetie knew she would be doing. A knock at her door startled her, and she jolted.

“Sweetie Belle? Are you awake? Your friends are downstairs waiting for you.” It was her sister, violet-draped Rarity, and Sweetie struggled to answer, distracted by her beating heart.

“C-Coming!” Voice cracking, she winced to herself. Dancing up and down, her eyes were drawn to Opal, who was staring at her intently. The look sent her mind into a flurry, and she spun around, and then dived for her mirror. Brushing her mane, she quickly put her bow on and headed for the door. Mind quickly brushing aside all doubts her week was repeating as she looked forward to her first Saturday.


A shudder passed through Discord, and he opened his eyes, floating in his realm. Something had changed in the spell affecting Ponyville. Before he could focus on the spell in better detail, it vanished, almost as if it had never existed. Frowning, he stroked his beard, and glanced toward the Wart-er-falls.

“What was I THINKING. Wart-er-falls? That was pitiful, even for me. No, no, what we need is...” Thinking for a moment, Discord waves a hand around in the air, looking up toward the ground.

“Oh! I got it. Football Falls!” He snaps his fingers, and nods as the small rain of warts transformed into footballs. After a moment, they began to hit into each other, and get sent flying into the depths of the realm. Discord nodded, everything was perfectly unperfected.

“What was I thinking about again?” Giving a shrug, he decided it probably wasn’t important.


“Did the spell not work? No, no; it’s still there, but fading fast.” Frowning, Star Swirl jumped off the ledge, and walked out of the room. The spell was still active, but he was no longer a part of it. Pausing in the hallway, he considered the options. Coming to a conclusion, he stalked downstairs, grabbing a bite to eat.

“I considered it an unlikely possibility, but there can be no doubt. The spell I cast is creating new alternative futures with each iteration.” Finished eating, he walked outside, curling up into a ball under the sun, closing his eyes.

“I lost the roll, stuck to live my life as animals for the rest of eternity. At least I can take solace in the fact one iteration of me lives, having succeeded in our goal.” Satisfied with himself, Star Swirl began to clean himself using his cat tongue. He pauses when a voice rings out.

“Opal! It’s time for your bath. Opal?” The rapidly approaching torture machine was enough to send Star Swirl under the Boutique.

“...Perhaps death would be preferable.”


“So let me get this straight. You have NO memory of what we did last weekend?” Apple Bloom raises an eyebrow, red tail swishing slightly in the breeze. Beside her, Scootaloo was also sharing her disbelief in the form of distraction. Her eyes followed a speeding form in the sky, orange wings flapping eagerly.

“Yeah, and this past week I kept having headaches. They’re gone now, thankfully. Twilight said she couldn’t figure out why I was getting them, either.” Tapping a hoof to her chin, Sweetie went over the week in her head. School, she went home early, Rarity went to Manehattan. Tests to find out why she was having headaches, getting grounded...

“Well, it was honestly a little strange, we hung out all day on Saturday, but when Sunday rolled around, you were nowhere to be found. Rarity seemed a little worried...” A soft sigh came from Apple Bloom. It seemed to have all worked out fine in the end, but it seems she would never know why Sweetie had been missing all Sunday.

“Oh dear, I hope she wasn’t mad...” Ears falling downward, Sweetie felt a slice of guilt at whatever had caused Rarity strife. A shake of Apple Bloom’s head confirmed there was nothing to worry about.

“I’m sure if ya had of caused some sort of strife, she woulda grounded ya. You know, before we got grounded.” Nodding to herself, Apple Bloom considered it sound logic.

“Yeah, you’re right. Come on, let’s go get out Cutie Marks.” All thee rose, and began to trot toward their destination.

“CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS, NATURE PRESERVERS!”