• Published 24th Jun 2016
  • 3,518 Views, 231 Comments

Happily Loopy After - FaelaArts



Sweetie Belle is stuck in a time loop. Or so she thought...

  • ...
10
 231
 3,518

L13A

Author's Note:

Loop 13 Link
One more chapter remains. Then I break.

Appearing in her room: Sweetie looked around for a moment, and saw her target. Grabbing the cat she held him against the wall. Eyes narrowing as his widened in shock. A brief smile fell on her face. Satisfied to have gotten one up on him: even just one time.

“Starswirl: I will make you see justice for your crimes.” Smirked Sweetie as she proudly began to drag the cat downstairs with her magic. The cat seemed a big bemused if anything by this. Especially when Sweetie stepped outside to find Ponyville near empty. A lone pony besides her wandering the streets at the moment. A Pegasus with lanky legs named Featherweight.

“A- S—G-GHOST!” He cries out and flies away in alarm. Tilting her head at that: Sweetie glanced down to Starswirl. Shaking it off: she stomped toward the train station. Occasionally a pony could be glimpsed from a window: but they all quickly fled when she looked over.

“Alright. Spill it.” Sweetie glared at the cat: whom began to purr in response.

“I know you can talk. A previous version did.” That seemed to get his attention, and his gaze centred on Sweetie’s.

Fascinating. Travel through loops must be possible. Why. I wonder if my previous versions discovered this. Where are they then I wonder. Are you the first? Or the quickest to the punch.’ The cat continued to purr, a paw placed on Sweetie’s head as the voice spoke.

“Why are people calling me a ghost Starswirl,” Growled the filly.

Oh. This version of you suffered an unfortunate fortunate accident that caused the majority of the populace to vanish. By my count roughly 60% of the population in Equestria. Fascinating no?’ The cat continued to purr. At least: until Sweetie shook it violently.

“Snap out of your delusions! What do you mean ‘unfortunate fortunate!?’ What do you mean sixty percent!?” There was no way this was reality: no possible way. And yet…Sweetie knew it to be the truth. As unbelievable as it was: the lack of Pegasi in the sky, and people around left no doubt.

Oh. This little ‘accident’ sped up progress greatly. Instead of perhaps a thousand loops: it will likely only need a hundred. Their magic will be great fuel for the spell.’ The voice was almost joyfully. Hairs stood up on Sweetie’s spine as she shuddered in disgust.

“Forget it.” Beginning to walk: a sigh escaped Sweetie.

“We’ve got a long walk to Canterlot….Can I trust you to behave?” The laughter in response told her all she needed to know. A stop to Twilight’s then. Maybe she had something…

Why not just bring me with you? Then you can ‘make me see justice’ in a world where public transportation exists.’ No way that was a good idea. Sweetie’s gaze scanned the rooms as she tried to find Twilight in this mess. No Twilight: but she did find a Spike. Eyes wide in horror at her.

“Twilight’s gone too then,” she spoke simply. Spike rapidly nodded. Glancing to the window: a scowl graced Sweetie’s face.

Damnit…With Twilight gone there really is no good way to get to Canterlot…Is moving to the next Loop truly the best option?’ Sweetie mused quietly as she thought quickly, and glanced back to Spike.

“Spike. Does Twilight have any spells for capturing someone?” Gaze firm: and focused. Hoping an authoritative tone would get him to answer. A jolt: and her hopes were answered.

“Y-Yes but they’re high level spells.” So that was a bust then. Sweetie gritted her teeth. She looked to the cat and cried out.

“FINE! You win this round. But I won’t stop until ALL of you are punished!”


Rarity and Twilight wandered the ghost town, and soon met up with Spike. After soothing the small dragon: Twilight asked for details. She bit her hoof in thought. This was not good…

“If Starswirl can manipulate Sweetie to bring him along…what else can he do?” Twilight began to pace in thought: grabbing a few books to add to her saddlebag. Then she turned and gave Spike a hug.

“…I’m sorry. I have to go.” Her gaze soft and apologetic. Spike slowly looked down.

“….Take me with you…please.” The claws gripped Twilight’s hoof as a fresh pang of guilt. Sure they’d told –her- Spike they’d be back. But this Spike had no one…

“Alright.” Giving in: she sighed and glanced to Rarity.

“I’ll need your help to cast the spell. Three creatures is…tricky.” Twilight explained simply.

“How about five?” A voice spoke: and Twilight pivoted in shock. And then she smiled brightly. It was them! All her worries melted away as she moved over to hug them.

“Well. I’ll need a little help,” she admitted. “If that’s ok.” A light chuckle left the two as they shared a glance.

“That’s my student.”


In the depths of magic: below layers of web and fabric. A singular being stirred: one eye opening in curiosity. Something was at play. The spell had changed. As if something had shifted. Where magic had been coming from one source: said source had jumped to a dead source. And now it jumped further still. But that wasn’t what was curious.

Using the wake of the jumper: passengers were coming through after her. And the group on both ends was growing. Stretching and standing up: he moved over to a mirror, a reflection. Looking through it at the events unfolding. Gaze cold and vacant of emotion. So this was the answer. Magic would follow the source and then collapse inward at the end.

“I can use this,” he pondered quietly.

“They will seek a Starswirl to punish after all is said and done. Can use this to escape without harm. All I’d have to do it put on a good enough show and- well maybe faking my death again would be a good choice.” He mumbled.

“And yet: I will need a new body to take over. Someone young. But powerful. Someone so forgotten. Someone….not all that Noteworthy.” His blank expression turned into a smile.