• Published 24th Jun 2016
  • 3,518 Views, 231 Comments

Happily Loopy After - FaelaArts



Sweetie Belle is stuck in a time loop. Or so she thought...

  • ...
10
 231
 3,518

L4A

Author's Note:

L4

Finally the weekend.’ Her relief was leaking down her face. Sweetie wouldn’t need those books, she would get the chance to get Scootaloo a new scooter. Finally, the weekend. The sun never looked so welcoming as it rose, and she was almost tempted to lower back down into her blankets, but the fear that doing so would restart the week remained.

Sweetie’s ear flickered. There was movement downstairs. Smiling, Sweetie decided to surprise her sister, and snuck down the stairs. Peeking into the kitchen, her sister was hard at work preparing breakfast. Sweetie stepped back a few steps, and then announced her presence with heavy clip-clops as she stepped into the room, and gave a yawn.

“Sweetie Belle, you’re up early. I was just making breakfast.” Rarity smiled warmly at her sister as Sweetie slipped into the kitchen table’s chair and beamed at her sister.

“What chu making?” Sweetie felt proud, and free. No more waiting for a weekend that might not come. A plate of toast landed in front of her as Rarity stifled a yawn.

“Sorry it’s not very extravagant, I was up late last night working on an order. If you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna go get some more sleep.” Eyes already closed, Rarity begins to walk away.

“So it is the weekend, but why was I repeating the same week over and over again?” Rubbing her chin, Sweetie sighed to herself, and took a bite of her toast.

“I mean, it’s possible I just dreamed it,” she commented, frowning. A bird singing outside snapped her out of her muse, and she blinked.

“Right! The scooter! I gotta earn some money!” Cantering out of the house, she made a beeline for the one pony she knew who made money. Sure enough, there Applejack was, at her stall selling apples.

“Applejack! Applejack! I need your help!” Bouncing in place, Sweetie didn’t realise she had interrupted a sale, even as Applejack sent the mare on her way.

“What’s up sugarcube, something wrong?” Taking a look over her, Applejack saw no signs of tree sap, which led her to believe this wasn’t related to Cutie Marks, as unlikely as that sounded.

“I broke Scootaloo’s scooter, and I want to buy her a new one. But...I don’t know how to make money.” Rocking back and forth on her feet, Sweetie waited expectantly for Applejack’s response.

“That’s really responsible of you. I reckon I can help you out. How does 5 bits for helping me till lunch sound?” Holding out an apple to a customer, Applejack smiled, waving them off.

“Sure! Maybe I’ll get my Cutie Mark from it!” Beaming happily, she levitated the apron that Applejack offered, tying it around her.

“Ye’re getting’ pretty good with that magic there Sweetie Belle. Now, all you have to do is stand behind this stall here. Let me get ya a stool.” Glancing around, Applejack opted to grab a wooden crate for Sweetie to stand on.

“Here comes a customer. The apples are 1 bit each.” Giving a reassuring smile, Applejack stepped back to watch.

“Hey, could I get 4 apples to go?” The mare gave a patient smile, and Sweetie levitated out four apples, placing them on the counter. Ear twitching, she turned as Applejack held out a brown paper bag for them to go in. Once inside, Applejack showed Sweetie how to fold the bag, and then placed it on the counter. The mare reached for them, placing down 3 bits.

“Er miss? They’re 1 bit each.” Looking away, Sweetie shrunk slightly as the mare stared at her, and then checked the sign.

“Oh, you’re right. My mistake.” Reaching in, she pulls out one more bit, and then trots away. Applejack ruffles Sweetie’s hair, chuckling.

“That’s how it’s done sweet pea. Let’s get to work.”


Entering Sugarcube corner, Applejack approached the counter, a cheerful form following behind her, 6 bits firmly held in her magic

“Hiya Applejack! Sweetie, here to get some cupcakes?” Leaning against the bar, the bright pink form of Pinkie Pie greeted the two.

“Actually Pinkie Pie, Sweetie Belle here is trying to earn 20 bits to buy Scootaloo a new scooter.” Gently pushing the filly forward, Applejack smiled.

“Oooh! That sounds exciting? Are you excited? I know I’m excited! Oh! I know! How about you work for me today. 5 bits, and one cupcake for a hard days work.” Bouncing up and down slightly on two hooves, Pinkie Pie didn’t mention the bits would be coming out of her salary. How could she NOT help out such an important quest?

“Sure!” Sweetie could barely contain her excitement. If she worked just as hard tomorrow, she would have the bits she needed.

“Let’s get to work then~”


Monday rolled around, Scootaloo walking to school as normal. It was depressing, not only had she not seen Sweetie Belle all weekend, her scooter would never fly again. Raising her head, she sighed, half-expecting only Apple Bloom to be waiting at the gate for her.

And there it was. Bright red, wheels designed to go on road, and off road, handlebars made for gripping as a pony, a rear slot to attach a wagon to. Right beside it stood her two friends, expectant faces. Tears brimming to her eyes, Scootaloo dashed forward, bringing them both into an overjoyed hug. She had a scooter again!

“I love you guys!” Her wings flap excitedly, and they all share a laugh. Stepping on it, Scootaloo rode it around briefly, and then pulled back to a stop.

“Ah had nothing to do with this, actually. This was all Sweetie Belle’s work.” Apple Bloom motioned to the filly, who kicked at the dirt sheepishly.

“I’m sorry for causing your scooter to get broken cause of my bad idea...” Before Sweetie could look up, she was brought into a strong hug by two orange arms.

“I love it! But that wasn’t your fault, you didn’t know.” Scootaloo nuzzled Sweetie, and looked to Apple Bloom.

“Yeah Sweetie Belle, that was a bit of a group fail in my opinion.” All thee turned as the bell rang for school, and the moment was cut short. Not wanting to be late, the three hurried inside, Scooter being placed in the bike rack.